Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Play/Pause Stutter doesn't work on the DDJ SX

DJ Mikyg 4:28 AM - 31 January, 2014
Hi i know this has been said before but on the conversation i seen, the guy from serato didn't understand so i would like to try and clarify it.

The DDJ SX has written on it Play/Pause stutter which i assumed was the stutter mode you would get on a cdj?

Serato a stutter on a cdj is when u have it in cdj mode and press and press Play/Pause Stutter button it plays 1 frame of that song where u stopped and then when you turn the platter it slowly goes forward or back frame by frame, so if a song says i need your love and u press it on i the Play/Pause Stutter button it would say i. I. I. I. I. Like a small 1/4 loop until u scroll forward with the platter so as your turning forward it will go to ne ne ne ne then Forward to ed ed ed ed etc etc or if u have a 2 second gap then a kick at the beginning of a track and was to press the Play/Pause Stutter button it would have silence untill u scroll forward to the first tiny part of the kick. One way to think of it is if u had a 1/4 loop and kept it auto looping but then pressed Shift and move loop it would go to the next 1/4 loop and that is the same sound it makes.
I hope u can help. Thank you
deejdave 6:15 AM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
The DDJ SX has written on it Play/Pause stutter which i assumed was the stutter mode you would get on a cdj?

It would seem it is not the guy from Serato who doesn't understand as that is an incorrect assumption you made. The stutter is a manual function and it's ability can be learned by reading the manual and is not what you think is is.

[SHIFT] + press play:
The track returns to the temporary cue point and playback continues from there. (Stutter)

I don't know if there is a single person who wouldn't understand what someone means when they refer to the old CDJ style cue stutter. Just the thought of it gives me shivers "you-you-you-you-you are-are-are-are-are my-my-my-my-my" I could not be happier that is not the behavior of the DDJ-SX OR the CDJ's with Serato DJ. That was a very in depth post on such a simple topic though.
DJ Mikyg 3:10 AM - 4 February, 2014
lol i did go on a bit, thanks for clearing that up. seems a bit silly to have that function when all u need to do is hit a cue point and it does the same thing

I save all my tracks with first cue point = intro - then build up etc etc so its just as easy for me to press play and keep hitting the cue pad.

If i'm honest I've not bin using serato for long, I've had vinyl then cdj's and now all three. Never wanted to go near a laptop and controller till i saw the ddi-sx and now that the sz is coming out i think im gonna get that as it seems best of both worlds with the DVS support.

Thanks for the reply
deejdave 3:34 AM - 4 February, 2014
If you do end up going for the SZ let me know as I pre-ordered mine for what I guarantee is the LOWEST price you will find anywhere!!! I paid for mine in full but you can put down 25% for the pre-order. It is almost $100 less than the next lowest price I heard on the forums.
KCCO 1:38 PM - 24 March, 2014
Dj Mikyg I think your right as said in your first post, and I think they did used to do this industry standard cdj feature, but people complained they couldn't spin the platter to search fast (instead of switch to vinyl mode) so serato took it away. Now you can do it in both modes (like vinyl, pointless) and there is no longer any 'cdj mode'. Why not hold shift and spin the platter?

On cdj's or in cdj mode you used to frame stutter and search using a fast forward button that was super fast. Which is what other still do. You pitch bend with the whole platter or dial. Would be nice to still have that back.
KPM 4:58 AM - 31 October, 2014
I am thinking maybe they want to know how to make a play_stutter command. It would be good for Serato DJ and its users to be able to edit mappers in the software to hardware. Example, VDJ has a play_pause command in your mappers. As on my Numark NS6, there is a button with a play and pause logo/picture. If i go into the VDJ mappers, i can edit play_pause command to play_stutter. Therefore I can keep hitting play on the Numark NS6 and it wont pause. It will go back to where ever point i started on. So if i started on 0.4 secs on a song, each time i hit Play, it stutters back to that point 0.4. If i want to pause it, i just hit the pause button on the software with mouse pointer. play_stutter can help work in a song better if you sync it because sometimes the sync doesn't work correctly and you want to go back to the same point and try it again as soon as possible hence the stutter.
Komfort 7:14 PM - 5 August, 2017
So, I am using the DDJ-SX2 and I must have hit some sort of button combination on the PLAY/PAUSE (stutter), because now I cannot physically pause the song now just by pressing the pause button. when I push it, it just slows down slowly and more slowly until it finally comes to a complete stop. I want it to be instantaneous. How do I get it out of this stutter mode and back to just an instant play/ pause button?

I tried just shifting and pushing the play/pause button to try and cancel it, but nothing is working and cannot find a forum anywhere about it.

any help appreciated.
DJ Cyrix 6:08 AM - 7 August, 2017
Look in your settings, you can adjust startup/break speed there. If you set those all the way down, they will be instant again instead of slowing down/speeding up.
Blank_Disk 9:44 AM - 10 August, 2017
stutter is basically a cue that plays, but it works backwards, it should play on release not when pressed.