DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

recording fx with bridge / 62

d j n u m b 8:44 AM - 30 January, 2014
I've read up on this topic a bit and learned that the onboard fx on the 62 don't record to the .als file. Does anyone know of a workaround?

I realize that asking for a workaround is a shot in the dark, so I'm also wondering if there's a way to increase the quality of the .wav recording in the 'mix' setting. If this setting is not adjustable, does anyone have a recommended method to record a set with high quality output?
Code:E 4:42 AM - 1 February, 2014
A workaround would to to record then edit your set with the bridge, then when finished go in and use ableton effects after the fact to add your desired effects.
d j n u m b 3:28 PM - 8 February, 2014
thanks for the suggestion Code:E! I'm still learning the ropes to ableton, but I'll check out the effects and see how it sounds adding them post-mix.

In the meantime, I've actually midi-mapped my apc40 for quick, easy control of the fx within ssl. It works ok, but the downside is that the echo and reverb are not post-fader, resulting in me keeping the fader open and simply stopping the control vinyl.