Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ITCH freezes and crashes after plugging in the controller!

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Phil Stahl 3:17 PM - 23 January, 2014
Hi there!

I own a DDJ S-1, and i run ITCH 2.2.2 on Win 8 Laptop, which used to work fine most of the time.
Now, after maybe 8-10 weeks of not using the S1 and Itch, problems occur.
When i start Itch it works fine, until i plug in the Controller. As soon as i do this Itch freezes and finally crashes. I run Itch without controller --> works ....controller gets plugged in---> Itch crashes.

I've downloaded the last setup file for Itch from serato, also the latest drivers. I have been going through deleting and reinstalling for like 7-8 times now, that doesnt help. I've found several posts in the web, even here in this support forum, with the same problem, but diffrent controllers..so please tell me you know how to solve this issue, its just frustrating.

system: Win 8 - 64 bit // 8GB Ram // Core i5
Phil Stahl 3:33 PM - 23 January, 2014
no other usb devices plugged in!
Phil Stahl 11:54 AM - 24 January, 2014
so i updated the firmware today and try to run serato dj instead of itch...same result, as soon as the s1 gets plugged in, the application crashes.
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:50 PM - 27 January, 2014
Hey Phil Stahl,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear this is happening.
We don't currently support Windows 8 however we are working on supporting it very soon. That being said i'd like to do my best to help you get to the bottom of this issue. How much music do you have in Serato DJ?
Are you storing your music internally or externally?
Are you aware of anything that may have changed before this issue started happening? e.g adding a lot of new music files, installing any new software applications?

Regards
Dave W
Phil Stahl 10:04 PM - 28 January, 2014
hi dave

i have about 15GB music in itch/sdj, stored internally. maybe i installed a new vst-plugin or something, im not really sure.
i run pro tools 10 and fl studio 11 beside serato on this laptop, but i never had problems so far with this setup. but to make it short, i solved the problem by formating C:
itch is running now, but this, of course, is a non-ideal solution. i hope you support win 8 soon and thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Serato, Support
David Wood 12:10 AM - 29 January, 2014
We will never support Windows 8 with ITCH however support for Serato DJ and Windows 8 will be coming soon.

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Regards
Dave W
8:01 AM, 12 Feb 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.