DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ableton Push Controller with the Bridge

dj Jon J 6:34 AM - 20 January, 2014
So I was just wondering if anybody is using the Push controller with the Bridge?Is it worth the money or should I get the Maschine
Code:E 8:19 AM - 20 January, 2014
Well since serato seems to have no interest in bringing the bridge to serato dj I wouldnt buy it unless you also produce. If you produce also than i would get the push.
bcatdclub 8:22 AM - 24 January, 2014
I bought the Push in November thinking it was like an APC 40 and could Dj with it. A tad disapointed I got stoned and f'ed with it. I realized that it is an instrument. An instrument that can be any instrument. It is beyond explanation in terms of musical creation. At the same time I upgraded to a new Macbook pro and now the bridge does not even work. I began using the bridge to adlib beats and simple overlay melodies in my sets. With the Push you could effortlesly jam with any track in key. It will be a godesend when Serato and Ableton get their s together. In the meantime I feel so unfullfilled and might even one day write my own bridge script to make it a reality. Time permitting.
Code:E 6:37 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
I bought the Push in November thinking it was like an APC 40 and could Dj with it.

I could DJ with a push... But i would want a 2nd controller or mixer for level adjustments.

Quote:
At the same time I upgraded to a new Macbook pro and now the bridge does not even work.

what do you mean... The bridge still works.
bcatdclub 10:36 AM - 25 January, 2014
The bridge does not come up as an option under settings. Both 32 bit and 64 bit. The salesperson at guitar center said I need to revert my Os to Lion.
Code:E 6:16 PM - 25 January, 2014
Well you MUST run ableton in 32bit version for the bridge to work.

You need to have the newest version of Serato Scratch Live installed.

Run both programs at the same time. Go into Serato setup, then plugin menu, activate the bridge in the plugin menu, ableton should show up as a button next to effects and Video.
The Version Suicides 3:00 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
The salesperson at guitar center said I need to revert my Os to Lion.

Your salesperson was wrong, my friend.
anthracite98 10:29 AM - 23 February, 2014
Push is amazing for creating beats, but for live play the APC are more suited to DJ interaction.