Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

INTRODUCING THE RELOOP TM8 FOR SERATO DJ INTRO & SERATO DJ

7:45 AM, 23 Jan 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
angioliniluca 8:16 AM - 23 January, 2014
I would like to know the price and if it will be also compatible with virtual DJ
Serato, Support
Micah G. 8:20 AM - 23 January, 2014
Hey angioliniluca,

You'd need to talk to VirtualDJ regarding compatibility with their software.

You can find the recommended retail price here - www.reloop.com

Micah
Dj Kgabz 8:51 AM - 23 January, 2014
Is this available in South Africa?
What is the retail price for it
Serato, Support
Micah G. 8:55 AM - 23 January, 2014
Hey DjKgabz,

Quote:
Is this available in South Africa?

You'll need to contact your local music hardware supplier about that.

Quote:
What is the retail price for it

You can find the recommended retail price here - www.reloop.com

Micah
beisi 9:02 AM - 23 January, 2014
This looked almost perfect but where are the per channel meter LEDs? Surely these should be essential for four deck controllers
KlausMogensen 9:46 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
I would like to know the price and if it will be also compatible with virtual DJ

It will be when it's all midi. Virtual DJ supports basically all midi controllers in the world, and it's open for everybody to build mappers

It'll be a matter of days after release before you can download a mapper file and a matter of weeks/months before it's natively supported in VDJ

But it might not map as well to VDJs features as it does to Serato, since it's developed with Serato in mind.

Best regards
Klaus
djpetesavas 10:18 AM - 23 January, 2014
It's a great looking controller and I'd seriously consider stepping up from my Vestax; but at €579 ($786.47), it's waaaaay out of my price range...

At least Serato DJ still works for me.
Dj Pepe 1:22 PM - 23 January, 2014
Great Job Reloop! Great upgrade!!!!!! Very intelligent!!!! Simply a great controller!!!!!! Coming soon... in my hands :D

ps: please, someone knows about dimension and weight ?The same of TM4? Thanks!
Dj Pepe 1:26 PM - 23 January, 2014
Among all "new" or "revised" come out in recent times, TM8 this seems like a really well done job. They have not taken anything, in fact they have added and improved what was missing. That's it! Great Reloop. He deserves all the respect, and the job done right should be rewarded. It will be my next console.
BigAB2 4:37 PM - 23 January, 2014
Can you tell me what the physical dimensions are?
rsvpdjs 5:38 PM - 23 January, 2014
I am considering the denon mc6000 mk2 for one reason...denon has taken the need for a dedicated mic section seriously. As a mobile Dj I am looking for something compact for ease of transport but it is very important to be able to make announcements without sounding like I'm using a fisher price karaoke. Every other "quality" midi controller requires you to sacrifice an in put channel to use a microphone. So not only do you now have a 3 channel controller, you have a mediocre sounding mic. Please tell me about the reloops mic section. Is it dedicated or do we lose a channel?
KlausMogensen 6:45 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Please tell me about the reloops mic section. Is it dedicated or do we lose a channel?

It looks like the TM4, where you control level and tone for the mic on the front of the unit, and can route it to the master or the sw.

I always use this on my TM4, and don't loose a channel

/Klaus
Dj Pepe 11:16 PM - 23 January, 2014
Dimensions: 525 x 63 x 362 mm
Weight: 5.3 kg (net)
 DJ.JANN 12:20 AM - 24 January, 2014
Interessante!!!
Morrizon 3:56 AM - 24 January, 2014
is it me or is this controller an exact replica of the vci 400 ?
Dj Pepe 8:28 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
is it me or is this controller an exact replica of the vci 400 ?

Yes, for sure!

The same jogwheels, the same pads, the same sound card, the same hardware, the same layout, the same performance mode, it's the same, only change color...

...OMG! :D :D :D
MYZE 3:17 PM - 29 January, 2014
The price in Germany will be €579 at the elevetor store, the home store of reloop. I guess in the US it will bei 600 USD maximum.
DJ-Aki 9:57 AM - 9 February, 2014
It's the same copy of the Vestax Vci 400, which is awesome and I personally wouldn't change it for the reloop !
Dj Pepe 2:53 PM - 9 February, 2014
Reloop 8 Tm is the best controller on the market for this price range and size. Finally, after my Novation Twitch, I do not regret not having the comfort functions and on other controllers that do not have much more expensive.
Reloop has done a great job. Who says that is a copy of other controllers can not read by characteristic of a controller and can not watch the video where you can see the new features, too bad for them. My next controller Reloop TM 8. Thank you.
Elation DJs 1:24 AM - 21 February, 2014
Hi Guys,

Quick question, I'm currently on VDJ and looking to move to Serato DJ, my controller I think is going to be the Reloop TM8, can you assign cue colours on this controller as you can on the ddj sz? I use a denon mc6000 at the moment but space is tight on it so don't really want the mk2 and booth is a must so that's why the tm8 is looking good.
Reloop, Support
www.Reloop.com 1:11 PM - 28 March, 2014
Hi Elation DJs,

the TM8 has colour coded Feedback for Cue Points and many other cool Features for the Performance Pads.

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Quick question, I'm currently on VDJ and looking to move to Serato DJ, my controller I think is going to be the Reloop TM8, can you assign cue colours on this controller as you can on the ddj sz? I use a denon mc6000 at the moment but space is tight on it so don't really want the mk2 and booth is a must so that's why the tm8 is looking good.
angioliniluca 8:07 PM - 29 April, 2014
I start to work with serato dj...I play like a god now, but these crates ruin all the story...I really want to use my windows folders like I have without to prepare other complicate things :-(
D Jay Cee 10:55 PM - 30 June, 2014
wondering what about this makes it better than the VCI-400?
seems generally the same