Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

INTRODUCING THE PIONEER DDJ-SZ FOR SERATO DJ

DJ SLOREA 8:21 AM - 22 January, 2014
BEASSSTTTT
B.Hollywood 8:30 AM - 22 January, 2014
Man, this is a serious bit of gear. Controller plus DVS??? are you kidding me! It would be like having a festival setup in my bedroom. Now I just need a whole lot of chicks, some mates, heaps of beers, a long as line for the loo, Diplo and some dudes in high vis's and im set. First ill get this (hopefully the fades dont break) then ill work on the rest.

How much we talking?????? Closest guess on price gets a free one Serato HQ recons.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:38 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
How much we talking??????

Hi B.Hollywood, your best bet would be to contact your local authorised Pioneer dealer or contact Pioneer directly for unit prices in your country > pioneerdj.com

Regards
Joe Fresh 8:43 AM - 22 January, 2014
Looks awesome! I'm counting the days until every major club's DJ booth has one of these installed alongside their turntables and CDJs.

Currently AGIProDJ has it listed for $1,999 pre-order, due to ship at the end of this March.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:48 AM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Currently AGIProDJ has it listed for $1,999 pre-order, due to ship at the end of this March.

Yes I believe it is listed in the Pioneer link below at a suggested price of $1,999.00

www.pioneerelectronics.com
Matze_ 11:01 AM - 22 January, 2014
That's it! :)
marcA 11:57 AM - 22 January, 2014
damn!
Daniel D. 12:52 PM - 22 January, 2014
Just amazing... DDJ-SX is a beast of a controller... but the SZ is so much more... wow... NS7 MKII sorry you got bat again.
realdja3 12:54 PM - 22 January, 2014
Awesome! Pioneer is on top of the Serato DJ food chain.
Sand 1:07 PM - 22 January, 2014
Not exactly a massive leap forward compared to previous models.
Asu 1:21 PM - 22 January, 2014
Wow this is insane and a massive leap via controllers...pio is becoming like apple...my DDJ-SX isn't even a year old and now we have this beast damn...i love the 2 USBs...no other pio gear has that
DJ Toad 1:31 PM - 22 January, 2014
Incredible, can't wait to add one to the arsenal. Finally a Pro level controller.
Asu 2:01 PM - 22 January, 2014
Def gonna upgrade...i'm sold on DVS compatibility,2 USBs,Better stand alone mixer,color pads and bigger jog wheels...gonna wait for those 20% off if you spend $999 or more specials for this one.

Damn you pioneer...how heavy will this kit be with a case? 45-50lbs?
DJ Chuckie Chuck 2:07 PM - 22 January, 2014
This gonna be The King of Controller once it been launch.
Freaking controller LOL
DJ K-Ceaser 2:12 PM - 22 January, 2014
Pioneer=Controller Bullies! Can't wait to get one of these!
MURGATROYD 2:50 PM - 22 January, 2014
Is it possible to use record box with the DDJ-SZ? If yes, can I transfer my tracks on to a USB and load them into a CDJ and have all hot cues appear?
Trakmass 2:58 PM - 22 January, 2014
SUCH A ANIMAL OF A......... DAMN, SHOULD I EVEN CALL IT A CONTROLLER? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. GLAD I DIDN'T PURCHASE THE NS7 MK2. MY DDJ-SX WILL BE "THE NEW BACKUP" COME MARCH.

NOW I DON'T NEED CDJ 2000'S ANYMORE. $6000<$2000. SUMS IT UP FOR ME
XCAKID 3:00 PM - 22 January, 2014
Want one...will sell my DDJ-SX when it comes out. Pioneer says March is the release date.
Asu 4:20 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Is it possible to use record box with the DDJ-SZ? If yes, can I transfer my tracks on to a USB and load them into a CDJ and have all hot cues appear?

you can use it with record box with computer...you can't plug in a usb drive on the controller it's self.
Asu 4:23 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Want one...will sell my DDJ-SX when it comes out. Pioneer says March is the release date.

I'm thinking the same...this solves alot of issues for me especially when spinning with friends on the go for special events...instead of carrying a whole bunch of gear...we can all use and switch on this :-) not bad for $1999
DJ Nexus2000 4:35 PM - 22 January, 2014
Pioneer you have done it again!!
hologram 6:52 PM - 22 January, 2014
does this thing have the feel of CDJ2Ks?
Ragman 6:56 PM - 22 January, 2014
SON-OF-A-BIOTCH !!!

They put everything but the frickin' kitchen sink in this controller. You gotta love competition. Pioneer and Numark are pushing each other to unbelievable heights in DJ technology. This baby is insane. I'm a spinning platter DJ and now I gotta rethink shit...
rolymaz 6:58 PM - 22 January, 2014
The SZ looks fantastic! Good bye SX.
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:07 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
does this thing have the feel of CDJ2Ks?

Hi hologram. Yes! They are large, CDJ style platters with a mechancial tention adjust :) They feel great!

Quote:
Not exactly a massive leap forward compared to previous models.

As stated in the video at the top of this page, the DDJ-SB, DDJ-SR, DDJ-SX and DDJ-SZ are all part of a Pioneer line of controllers with a similar feel and layout. This is the last one of the four, so maybe Pioneer have some new and innovative ideas for the future! :)
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:19 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

Pioneer will be the best people to contact about that possibility.

Asu is correct, there is no USB flash drive slot in this controller. If you wanted to plug a flash drive in full of music, you would need to plug it directly into the computer, then load the songs that way. This controller currently only works with Serato DJ.
Asu 7:48 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

you can use it with record box with computer...you can't plug in a usb drive on the controller it's self.

I was wrong about this,you need cdjs for Record box...but how much do you need for $1,999...
DjBliZz 9:05 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was wrong about this,you need cdjs for Record box...but how much do you need for $1,999...

The DDJ-SZ has Rekord Box support. I believe it is mentioned in the walkthrough video.

I need to hear a demo of the color effects and oscillator.

One really cool thing I noticed in the video is that it will allow more than 1 audio program to use the audio interface at the SAME time. SO.... I'm assuming that those who want to also run Ableton on any of the other channels, they will be able to do so. Pretty exciting stuff here! I'm ready to make the jump to a controller now that it's more than just a toy.
Asu 9:15 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
The DDJ-SZ has Rekord Box support. I believe it is mentioned in the walkthrough video.

ONLY WITH CDJS CONNECTED,I LISTENED TO IT AGAIN
Asu 9:37 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
this makes the NS7 2 look like just a heavy spinning jog wheels

seriously considering this over the NS72

There's no consideration,this is a winner...look at the deatils on Pioneerdj.com i'm already sold...
smarky-smark 10:09 PM - 22 January, 2014
I just called my local guitar center and pleaded with them to take it back my ns7-2 that went out one weekend with me.. On the condition that I preorder the "Z" .. I'm boxing it back up tonight.. I can use my sx or my 62/1200s till it comes in..

Can't wait

FYI I doubt I'll notice the 10lb difference in weight between the NS7 and the SZ
Asu 10:29 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
FYI I doubt I'll notice the 10lb difference in weight between the NS7 and the SZ

When you add a coffin,it's gonna be a bit heavy but hey it's great gear
smarky-smark 10:36 PM - 22 January, 2014
I'm gonna try to surgically remove foam from my odyssey case for the ns7 to fit the sz .. Although it may be tight.. But if it won't work I guess that's another trip to the "toy store".. Darn ( fingers snap)
Ragman 10:43 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
I just called my local guitar center and pleaded with them to take it back my ns7-2 that went out one weekend with me.. On the condition that I preorder the "Z" .. I'm boxing it back up tonight.. I can use my sx or my 62/1200s till it comes in..

Can't wait

You do realize the SZ is 11lbs lighter than the NS7II ... That's a noticeable difference to be 1/3 of the weight.
Asu 10:43 PM - 22 January, 2014
Now we wait for the DJM 2000SRT with 2 Usb inputs,that's my bold prediction...so if you don't want controllers...hang in there...i know it's coming :-)
Asu 10:45 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
I'm gonna try to surgically remove foam from my odyssey case for the ns7 to fit the sz .. Although it may be tight.. But if it won't work I guess that's another trip to the "toy store".. Darn ( fingers snap)

The SZ is quite bigger (KING) than any other controller,a new case will be needed...look at the lines in the videos and see what i mean as they change out the controllers
Ragman 10:47 PM - 22 January, 2014
Yeah I noticed it's a beefy controller. Love those large platters too.
smarky-smark 12:06 AM - 23 January, 2014
The ns7-2 is roughly 30" wide the zx is 4 inches wider .. I just might have enough room for 2 inches per side.. Maybe not.. Either way it will sure feel good to not be so cramped.. They had to pack a lot in the size of the sx.. It looks like they just packed more.. Lol how about on mixer fx .. How awesome will that be.. I'm not so sure that I'll use the two sound cards so much, more of a club feature I would say.. .. But none the less bigger platters = big smile
Djjahburg 12:35 AM - 23 January, 2014
So You Are Telling Me That The SR And The SX Is Old
Ragman 12:41 AM - 23 January, 2014
The SZ is not a replacement controller for the SX and the SX is not a replacement controller for the SR. Pioneer is offering a family of Serato controllers to meet all budgets and DJ skill sets.
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:44 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
So You Are Telling Me That The SR And The SX Is Old

The DDJ-SX has been out for over a year now, but I wouldn't call them "old". They are still great controllers :)

Personally I love the DDJ-SR because of the ability to use it bus powered!

Quote:
The SZ is not a replacement controller for the SX and the SX is not a replacement controller for the SR. Pioneer is offering a family of Serato controllers to meet all budgets and DJ skill sets.

Well said Ragman!
maviccf 12:47 AM - 23 January, 2014
Ok guys, please check all specks again.
Some people is too excited to slow down and realize that the sz is larger and taller than the ns 7 mk2, the wight is 22 pounds or 10.5 kilos if you Iike.
It is the best piece of hardware but keep in mind you will need a bigger case than the one for ns7 mk2, that is why it is club oriented. And of course it is worth to carry anywhere. But I have notice some people is not doing a full research on this.
Price range goes from1999 to 2399 until there is an official price. And by the way, I am sorry numark ns7 mk2, but you re dismissed.
Joe Fresh 2:16 AM - 23 January, 2014
Personally, I see this controller as more of a club installation than a mobile DJ setup.

You could put it in a coffin case and treat it like having two CDJs and a DJM mixer, but with the DVS support, the 2 USBs, and the size/weight of the thing, it just seems like it belongs in a club DJ booth with two turntables and two CDJs hooked up to it.

I have no plans to replace my SX with the SZ, to me the SX is a true portable controller solution for a single DJ, whereas the SZ just seems too big and heavy to carry to every gig, and has more features than I would need for bringing it to a club.
Saga 3:03 AM - 23 January, 2014
will i be able to plug my turntables into it without an additional serato box or anything? and ones my rca's are connected to the sz it will automatically allow me to use my control vinyls? Ive been dying to use turntables since i got the sx, now im gonna have to upgrade again if thats the case
maviccf 3:03 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Personally, I see this controller as more of a club installation than a mobile DJ setup.

You could put it in a coffin case and treat it like having two CDJs and a DJM mixer, but with the DVS support, the 2 USBs, and the size/weight of the thing, it just seems like it belongs in a club DJ booth with two turntables and two CDJs hooked up to it.

I have no plans to replace my SX with the SZ, to me the SX is a true portable controller solution for a single DJ, whereas the SZ just seems too big and heavy to carry to every gig, and has more features
than I would need for bringing it to a club.

Absolutely, but it would be nice to own one even for personal use.
I would not use it for mobil gigs, that's why I will not replace my sx.
Joe Fresh 3:36 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
will i be able to plug my turntables into it without an additional serato box or anything? and ones my rca's are connected to the sz it will automatically allow me to use my control vinyls? Ive been dying to use turntables since i got the sx, now im gonna have to upgrade again if thats the case

Yes. The SZ has DVS support built in, so you can connect two turntables directly to the SZ via the phono RCAs in the back, and you'll have vinyl control of Serato DJ, without the need for an SL box.
Ragman 3:37 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

I have no plans to replace my SX with the SZ, to me the SX is a true portable controller solution for a single DJ, whereas the SZ just seems too big and heavy to carry to every gig, and has more features than I would need for bringing it to a club.

It's only 22 lbs. For God sakes we mobile DJs hauled around an unimaginable amount of weight back in the 80s & 90s. I think we can muster a measly 22 lbs (it's 11 lbs lighter than an NS7). If you're under the age of 30 than I apologize. ;-)
rolymaz 5:03 AM - 23 January, 2014
Will some of new software features bundled with the SZ carry across to the SX? E.g. Saved Loops from Pads etc..?
Pete Input 10:39 AM - 23 January, 2014
"• Performance Pads with multi-coloured LEDs that can be set to reflect cue point colours set in Serato DJ."

How about Vestax VCI-380? Or is this feature with SZ only?
Asu 2:16 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

I have no plans to replace my SX with the SZ, to me the SX is a true portable controller solution for a single DJ, whereas the SZ just seems too big and heavy to carry to every gig, and has more features than I would need for bringing it to a club

I'm actually gonna buy it for mobile gigs,the main reason being the easy switch over for those events where i play with a guest DJ(s) it's also a fraction of $6000 if you go the other route which i was contemplating but can't justify...this came at the right time for me :-)
smarky-smark 2:26 PM - 23 January, 2014
It would be a great installed solution for a club.. Everywhere I work should go buy one.. ( less for me to lug in) but I'm still going to go buy one.. I'll keep my sx for those tight booths that don't have a 68 and CDjs..
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:42 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
"• Performance Pads with multi-coloured LEDs that can be set to reflect cue point colours set in Serato DJ."

How about Vestax VCI-380? Or is this feature with SZ only?

Yes this is a DDJ-SZ feature. The coloured VCi-380 LED's do not have enough colour range to replicate the Hot Cue colours in Serato DJ.
Jensen Määäm 2:58 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
It would be a great installed solution for a club.. Everywhere I work should go buy one.. ( less for me to lug in) but I'm still going to go buy one.. I'll keep my sx for those tight booths that don't have a 68 and CDjs..

No, clubs should have turntables or CDJs and a mixer, not a controller.
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:13 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

Whats wrong with having a DDJ-SZ in a club? What do you want from a CDJ that is not available on the DDJ-SZ?

I think for the modern club, where all their DJ's are using digital formats anyway, the DDJ-SZ would be a great club installation. Especially when connected to turntables.
maviccf 4:52 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
I think for the modern club, where all their DJ's are using digital formats anyway, the DDJ-SZ would be a great club installation. Especially when connected to turntables.

+1
Asu 6:15 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

you can actually have both,i know a club with a SX and cdjs and a rand mixer...i'm sure they're gonna upgrade to this SZ.

This controller is more useful than you think...for a fraction of the price $2000 vs $6000 it fits the budget nicely,easy upgrade.
Asu 6:16 AM - 24 January, 2014
...Rane Mixer
Pete Input 8:43 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

Yes this is a DDJ-SZ feature. The coloured VCi-380 LED's do not have enough colour range to replicate the Hot Cue colours in Serato DJ.

Noooooooooooo!
I'm sad now... :(
Jensen Määäm 9:14 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Whats wrong with having a DDJ-SZ in a club? What do you want from a CDJ that is not available on the DDJ-SZ?

Because it's easier to exchange just one turntable, player or mixer if something goes wrong, you could play with just one turntable or CDJ. But if something goes wrong on the controller, you have to exchange the whole unit. Beside that on a CDJ you can play CDs as well or music from a usb stick, that's might be even more important for mobile DJs, but I would say even for clubs it's the better option. Bars running a lot of cds when no dj is there. And when I see how Pioneer is marketing this and other controllers and their better CDJs...they call the 900s and 2000s Pro level and market the controllers below that. This comes from the manufacturer. I have nothing against that controller, if you wanna use it, use it, it has it's role. I just hope, I don't see controllers in clubs substituting the existing setup (turntables or CDJs and a mixer).
dj.mist 1:00 PM - 24 January, 2014
Hi, if used as a standalone mixer (with CDJ´s or turnables conected) is it possible to use the internal FX of the mixer?

Another consideration what is the quality of phono preamps compared Rane to SL 2 / 3 external soundcard...
Sand 1:41 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

No real clubs have gramophones!
DJMIYAGI 1:59 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:

What do you want from a CDJ that is not available on the DDJ-SZ?

CD slots
Ragman 3:43 PM - 24 January, 2014
Ability to play from usb stick on an SDJ controller would be sick. Easier to implement and less cumbersome than an integrated cd player.
dj_bennyboy 5:04 PM - 24 January, 2014
Currently I have the SX and is a serious piece of kit, cant wait for SZ to come out.

Have I read correctly that I wouldn't need to use my Rane SL box, if had SZ can plug CDJ or turntables into the SZ and have control via Serato DJ?
Ragman 5:08 PM - 24 January, 2014
Yes
dj_bennyboy 5:44 PM - 24 January, 2014
well gotta have one, can sell my SSX and RANE SL box and have one set up
hologram 6:02 PM - 24 January, 2014
Too late.
Many clubs already have DDJ-SXs and I know a few that have two.
There are far more clubs without a sound guy than ones with. These sites would rather have the controller. it's easier to deal with and for the costs of two CDJs they have two full blown consoles.
DJ Nexus2000 3:05 AM - 25 January, 2014
That controller is 2K!! is it worth it if SDJ can't load a library or not crash.
Joe Fresh 7:47 AM - 25 January, 2014
If you're questioning the controller's value, consider a similar setup of two CDJ-2000's and a DJM-900 (at least $5,000).

As for the crashing, open a support thread. Many people are not having any issues with SDJ crashing, even with large libraries, which is why the beta is currently at release candidate status. Let Serato know you're having library/crash issues, it can only help. The last thing any of us want is SDJ crashing or not loading a library properly.
B.Hollywood 9:07 AM - 25 January, 2014
After reading through the convo, I think people who are worried about the value of this controller should pick something else in the pioneer range or maybe take look at Vestax. For me, wouldnt go Numark as they just need to focus on one thing rather then be everything to everyone.

The SZ would be best for the Club DJ and or bar install, the SX for the full time mobile/touring/club hoper dude and the SR for the crew that are just starting to get some paid gigs. The best feature of this controller is the ability to use turntables. Why would a club bother buying a mixer and CDJ's when this is gives any* professional DJ the ultimate control.

*Besides the scratch fellas and those guys who think staying on CDJ's is keeping it real.
maviccf 10:35 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
After reading through the convo, I think people who are worried about the value of this controller should pick something else in the pioneer range or maybe take look at Vestax. For me, wouldnt go Numark as they just need to focus on one thing rather then be everything to everyone.

The SZ would be best for the Club DJ and or bar install, the SX for the full time mobile/touring/club hoper dude and the SR for the crew that are just starting to get some paid gigs. The best feature of this controller is the ability to use turntables. Why would a club bother buying a mixer and CDJ's when this is gives any* professional DJ the ultimate control.

*Besides the scratch fellas and those guys who think staying on CDJ's is keeping it real.

+1
Jensen Määäm 11:00 AM - 25 January, 2014
A DJ who wants to use turntables don't want to "walk" a yard over to the left or right just to reach the turntable! They want turntables right next to the mixer!
Rhadesh 11:02 AM - 25 January, 2014
this table do not have a small detail that the CDJs have ........ 6%PITCH........ Lollll
Rhadesh 11:04 AM - 25 January, 2014
And its because of you Serato....
d-t3ch 11:30 AM - 25 January, 2014
@ Jenson, even pre digital there were plenty consoles with the turntables elevated together in front of the mixer. I'd much rather that than say 3 turntables all in a line.

For now, I don't see clubs getting rid of the CDJ's they already have but from my understanding of this controller it would be easy to have it connected to a couple of cdjs and turntables without having 20 different djs poking around at the back of the console messing up the rca connections.

There may be some CD only djs that might not have a third cd slot available to them in some clubs, but I'm pretty sure that they are in a minority as most are making the switch to usb/sd which I think this controller caters to when combined with a cdj setup.
Asu 8:50 PM - 25 January, 2014
The Moral of the story is this controller is not for everyone...if you can't afford it,go lower...if you want something more...get a Pio or Rane mixer and CDJs/Turntables.

However if you want a Pio mixer with 2 USBs,then maybe you should wait,i see pioneer releasing a DJM with 2 USBs now that the cat is out of the bag
B.Hollywood 5:52 AM - 26 January, 2014
Quote:
The Moral of the story is this controller is not for everyone...if you can't afford it,go lower...if you want something more...get a Pio or Rane mixer and CDJs/Turntables.

However if you want a Pio mixer with 2 USBs,then maybe you should wait,i see pioneer releasing a DJM with 2 USBs now that the cat is out of the bag

+1
nik39 10:24 AM - 26 January, 2014
+2
DJTA88 11:35 PM - 26 January, 2014
This is what I don't get... All the bells & whistles as a fully fledged pioneer controller would have... How about the Latency issue in the jog wheels that the ddj-sx had ? Did pioneer finally tighten up the gap ? I thought it was extremely annoying to cue up a track in serato & upon releasing the deck it would drop on the wrong beat. I am not saying that this controller isn't amazing, I just want to know why add all of the pretty stuff and not fix existing latency problems. When I play out live I want to have full control of the music... I don't need a sloppy delay... I'd honestly understand if this was a lower end unit but this is 2000 dollars for a controller. This unit better do everything & more for that price...
Asu 3:23 AM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
How about the Latency issue in the jog wheels that the ddj-sx had

Maybe your methodology is wrong,i and many others don't have this issue with the SX after practicing on it for a while...The SX is very sensitive and the way you release is slightly different from CDJs.

Watchwww.youtube.com

You need to get used to it...there's really no issue.

The SZ is better due to tension adjustment
nik39 3:25 AM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
You need to get used to it...there's really no issue.

Nope. There is a slight delay when releasing the platter. Esp if you do not push the platter forwards.
DJTA88 4:11 AM - 27 January, 2014
I'm not looking to spend 2000 dollars only to "get used" to something that has a definite issue. I just hoped this new controller wouldn't have this problem. The sx feels nothing like a CDJ. I own both. I guess I will have to wait for a retailer to get their hands on one to try it for myself. I am ready to switch to a large pro controller, I just don't want to regret my descision, without actually handling one first.
Dj Roc816 4:39 AM - 27 January, 2014
Yea I'm sold on this thing, thought about the ns7 mkII just for that vinyl feel but this is wayyyy better
singhka 3:39 PM - 27 January, 2014
will this finaly have a 0.00 decimal point display in the gui of serato dj? 6% pitch range? considering is marketed as a 'pro' line device and is bringing in 'features' from the cdj-2000nxs and djm-900nxs?

if so ill go preorder mine now.
Rhadesh 4:05 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
will this finaly have a 0.00 decimal point display in the gui of serato dj? 6% pitch range? considering is marketed as a 'pro' line device and is bringing in 'features' from the cdj-2000nxs and djm-900nxs?

if so ill go preorder mine now.

+++++1

But I think serato doesn't care about 6% pitch... people are requesting this for so long.......
I have the SDJ 1.6 beta and the minimum is 8%
singhka 4:14 PM - 27 January, 2014
hmmmm its a simple gui change, i sold my sx for this reason cos even tho there is sync in about a third of my tracks the sync was always off by abit. and all my music is legal wavs bought straight from beatport. i ending up seeling the sx and getting a cdj-850 djm-850 setup.

if they do somehow get to their senses and implement a simple display change it would do wonders and if buy it. one of the reasons my friends still use itch with their s1 instead of serato dj.
DJTA88 4:16 PM - 27 January, 2014
Does anyone know about the platter resolution ? Is there any delay on it ?
Rhadesh 4:19 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
hmmmm its a simple gui change, i sold my sx for this reason cos even tho there is sync in about a third of my tracks the sync was always off by abit. and all my music is legal wavs bought straight from beatport. i ending up seeling the sx and getting a cdj-850 djm-850 setup.

if they do somehow get to their senses and implement a simple display change it would do wonders and if buy it. one of the reasons my friends still use itch with their s1 instead of serato dj.

I completely agree with you but Serato simple doesn't answer this.........
I can't understand......
Rhadesh 4:22 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
Does anyone know about the platter resolution ? Is there any delay on it ?

My DDj-SX does not have any delay at all ( MacBook Pro end 2012 + SDJ 1.6 + DDJ-SX)

cheers
dave_berla 5:19 PM - 27 January, 2014
this console looks great! so much bigger and professional compared to the little sister..versus.com i hope to try it as soon as possible! :D
ellohenn 10:00 PM - 27 January, 2014
Will there be ability to slave external items (ie maschine) to serato with serato being the master midi clock? Hot cues quantized I'm guessing ya?
DJ Delaine 3:33 AM - 28 January, 2014
Awesome! I want it NOW! Just what I've been looking for: A controller allowing seamless laptop transition. Serato and Pioneer are the true leaders..and standards of the industry.
Asu 5:48 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
tracks the sync was always off by abit

why not just pitch bend,this is no issue at all,expecting things to magically stay i sync 100% is asking for too much...as a DJ it's our jobs to keep it lined up
XCAKID 7:03 PM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

why not just pitch bend,this is no issue at all,expecting things to magically stay i sync 100% is asking for too much...as a DJ it's our jobs to keep it lined up

Or how bout not using SYNC and actually do some DJ'ing
singhka 12:59 AM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thats exactly why i want the 0.00 6% pitch range back just like the s1 hence why i got rid my sx for actual cdjs.
xplicit 6:08 AM - 29 January, 2014
hey guys anyone know if this has the dual deck control like the sx?
Joe Fresh 6:55 AM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:

From the look of it, no. The SZ is missing the Dual Deck button that the SX has, and there's no mention of it in the press release from Pioneer.

It may be possible to get dual deck control another way, like simultaneously pressing the two deck select buttons, but that's just a guess on my part.
dario eduardo pedro 11:16 AM - 29 January, 2014
agora sim estamos perante a maquina seria
xplicit 12:27 PM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

From the look of it, no. The SZ is missing the Dual Deck button that the SX has, and there's no mention of it in the press release from Pioneer.

It may be possible to get dual deck control another way, like simultaneously pressing the two deck select buttons, but that's just a guess on my part.

Yeah that will be just awesome if that feature can be incorporated into the sz for better control on four decks...
maviccf 1:51 PM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah that will be just awesome if that feature can be incorporated into the sz for better control on four decks...

it does, look again
Asu 5:25 PM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:

Yes it does,the button is right there and if you go to pioneers website,they have it with a 4 deck layout.was thinking of getting one but damn the size just isn't that mobile for me...
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:51 PM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
Have I read correctly that I wouldn't need to use my Rane SL box, if had SZ can plug CDJ or turntables into the SZ and have control via Serato DJ?

Yes! That is the plan :)

Quote:
But I think serato doesn't care about 6% pitch... people are requesting this for so long.......

8% just like a Technics 1200 turntable! Serato has ALWAYS used 8% pitch (paying homage to the legendary 1200). Personally I dont see how beatmatching with 6% pitch is so different from 8% pitch. I can beatmatch just as effectively on turntables as I can on CDJ's considering they have differing pitch ranges. But it is all personal preference I guess :)

Quote:

Sorry there is no dual deck control like the DDJ-SX on the DDJ-SZ. That is an DDJ-SX only feature at this stage.
Joe Fresh 12:21 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it does,the button is right there and if you go to pioneers website,they have it with a 4 deck layout.was thinking of getting one but damn the size just isn't that mobile for me...

We're talking about dual deck control, not just having four channels. On the SX, you can press the Dual Deck button to control two decks at once. The SZ does not have a Dual Deck button (it's just a label between the deck selector buttons that says 'Deck').

Thanks for confirming Scott.
singhka 3:02 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:

8% just like a Technics 1200 turntable! Serato has ALWAYS used 8% pitch (paying homage to the legendary 1200). Personally I dont see how beatmatching with 6% pitch is so different from 8% pitch. I can beatmatch just as effectively on turntables as I can on CDJ's considering they have differing pitch ranges. But it is all personal preference I guess :)

i guess both either 8% and 6% dont really matter, however at lower ranges such as 8% will serato dj's gui display the PITCH (NOT BPM) value at a decimal point of 0.00 rather than just 0.0. this is a feature that was even in ITCH well before Serato DJ came along, and is standard across all of pioneers product range.

Pioneer's hardware is great, but this little niggle is dependent on whether serato can implement a simple gui upgrade or change that already existed in their old software, itch.
singhka 3:04 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:

i guess both either 8% and 6% dont really matter, however at lower ranges such as 8% will serato dj's gui display the PITCH (NOT BPM) value at a decimal point of 0.00 rather than just 0.0. this is a feature that was even in ITCH well before Serato DJ came along, and is standard across all of pioneers product range.

Pioneer's hardware is great, but this little niggle is dependent on whether serato can implement a simple gui upgrade or change that already existed in their old software, itch.
Asu 4:07 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
0.00 rather than just 0.0

if you can pitch bend,that doesn't matter all you have to do is match bpms say 96.5 to 96.5 and pitch bend,this is not an issue at all bro.

Pitch bend + or -,stop staring at the screen lol
singhka 4:34 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
0.00 rather than just 0.0

if you can pitch bend,that doesn't matter all you have to do is match bpms say 96.5 to 96.5 and pitch bend,this is not an issue at all bro.

Pitch bend + or -,stop staring at the screen lol

bro! lol. if you have a high res displayed on screen (just like every other pioneer cdj, u can achive precise beatcmatching, not look at bpms on the screen. if u get it spot on no need to keep bending, it is also genre specific, and genres in which the focus is on harmonic mixing of more complex music, its important.

with all that aside, would be good to get a response from serato, im keen to preorder my ddj-sz, however the pitch of 0.00 is something that serato still dont want, then i guess ill stick to my cdjs and djm. not really interested and debating why some people want it and why some people done see the need for it.
Rhadesh 8:42 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes! That is the plan :)

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry there is no dual deck control like the DDJ-SX on the DDJ-SZ. That is an DDJ-SX only feature at this stage.

I Scott S

If it is a matter of choice why not let us choose???? .... put both options and let us choose between 6 or 8%.... what's your problem with it????? .... I don't understand......
is a matter of having the options there and each one chooses the one that prefers

Serato is a software, you can make it easy for sure.....

PS: I don't want to know if 8% is the standart for 1200 or 6% is the standard of CDJ ... we just want the two options for us to choose, because not all of us uses CDJ or 1200 and the software has done for more than CDJ and 1200 .......get it????????
Rhadesh 8:45 AM - 30 January, 2014
And for people that uses controllers with a short pitch slider, I think this is a must have............
singhka 10:17 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
And for people that uses controllers with a short pitch slider, I think this is a must have............

actually yeah thats another reason i wanted the 0.00 display because even the tiniest nudge could make it move so a display would help keep things tight.

back in the day of turntables we didnt have a pitch display however the pitches had way more travel and the actual resolution was 0.05 wheres the resolution with sdj (even tho it isnt displayed) is actually 0.01. thats extremely sensitive. even pioneers top end cdjs only have 0.02!

thats why pioneer actually bother displaying what the precise position of the pitch is.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:24 PM - 30 January, 2014
Thanks Rhadesh and singhka, you guys are more than welcome to invite people to the feature request thread here > serato.com

I would appreciate it if you could keep your "0.00" and "6%" discussions to their respective threads. This is a general discussion about the new flagship DDJ-SZ from Pioneer, not feature requests for Serato DJ. There is no need to spam your issue.

I understand this is a currently requested feature from some people (not everyone feels the same way) but currently it has not been made a priority to adjust the minimum pitch range. If enough noise gets made about changing this, and the majority of our users agree, then we can look into making this change. But for now, there is not enough want for this to happen.

My suggestion would be to keep your debates to the feature request thread (serato.com) and hope that more people join the discussion.

Thank you
Asu 10:31 PM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
back in the day of turntables we didnt have a pitch display however the pitches had way more travel and the actual resolution was 0.05 wheres the resolution with sdj (even tho it isnt displayed) is actually 0.01. thats extremely sensitive. even pioneers top end cdjs only have 0.02!

Back in the day,you were asking for 4 pitch sliders...2 per TT,there's no pleasing you bro lol
singhka 2:30 AM - 31 January, 2014
Quote:
Thanks Rhadesh and singhka, you guys are more than welcome to invite people to the feature request thread here > serato.com

I would appreciate it if you could keep your "0.00" and "6%" discussions to their respective threads. This is a general discussion about the new flagship DDJ-SZ from Pioneer, not feature requests for Serato DJ. There is no need to spam your issue.

I understand this is a currently requested feature from some people (not everyone feels the same way) but currently it has not been made a priority to adjust the minimum pitch range. If enough noise gets made about changing this, and the majority of our users agree, then we can look into making this change. But for now, there is not enough want for this to happen.

My suggestion would be to keep your debates to the feature request thread (serato.com) and hope that more people join the discussion.

Thank you

thanks scott but, how much 'noise' do we need for a gui change? forget 6%, just implement the display. not sure how this will even affect people who didnt want the change iether. its simply an extra number...

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

and the one i started about a year ago:

serato.com

id pay extra if neccesary to see 1 extra number!
singhka 2:33 AM - 31 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Back in the day,you were asking for 4 pitch sliders...2 per TT,there's no pleasing you bro lol

bro! lol i asked for 4 pitch sliders? bro! cocaines a hell of a drug!
Rhadesh 8:39 AM - 31 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you

thanks scott but, how much 'noise' do we need for a gui change? forget 6%, just implement the display. not sure how this will even affect people who didnt want the change iether. its simply an extra number...

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

+1

I Scott,
this is the last time I'll talk about this ... (its becoming annoying)
its not necessary to remove the 8% is a matter of having both options. and I'm sure this is not difficult for you to implement ..... but if you want to continue waiting more people to join the request, so I have to switch to TRAKTOR until you have resolved.
You are the best software but not the only one ........
singhka 9:50 AM - 31 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

serato.com

+1

I Scott,
this is the last time I'll talk about this ... (its becoming annoying)
its not necessary to remove the 8% is a matter of having both options. and I'm sure this is not difficult for you to implement ..... but if you want to continue waiting more people to join the request, so I have to switch to TRAKTOR until you have resolved.
You are the best software but not the only one ........

not sure if ur talking about the same thing is me. im not requesting or talking about 6% pitch range or travel. i just want the actual pitch slider POSITION displayed properly. at the moment it being rounded off to 1 decimal point rather than 2 like other dj software and pioneer hardware.
jboo437 5:55 AM - 1 February, 2014
just bought my sx 2 weeks ago and i am really contemplating upgrading to this when it comes out.....vacation or ddj sz....sz wins !
Asu 6:00 PM - 2 February, 2014
Quote:
just bought my sx 2 weeks ago and i am really contemplating upgrading to this when it comes out.....vacation or ddj sz....sz wins !

It's good for a club install,was thinking about getting it too but man the size is an issue for me,so i'm sticking with SX for mobile gigs...but good luck
Gox 11:47 PM - 3 February, 2014
Can we use all those serato effects and echo, jet, pich, filter on line/phono/mic input channels?

Does switching decks A - C, B - D change deck colour and cue like on Numark ns6?
benictrs 12:04 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Well from my point of view the situation is the following "I WANT MORE FROM THE MIXER" .
I want to be able to set eather echo or delay on the mic channels and still be able to use the filters on the channels on witch the music is playing , I want to have control on the build in hardware delay,echo parameters , i want aux send/returns , and on the players side of things i don't realy need a cd slot but ad least a usb reader would have been useful :-/ , and i don't see the usability of the much praised oscilator
my 2 cents
Medicine Mike 6:19 AM - 4 February, 2014
Can you do a Firmware or what ever update on the DDJ_SX to have changing color lights on the pads like the DDj_SZ
maviccf 10:00 AM - 4 February, 2014
that is a hardware feature, meaning it is not built in the ddj sx
maviccf 10:00 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Can you do a Firmware or what ever update on the DDJ_SX to have changing color lights on the pads like the DDj_SZ

Quote:
that is a hardware feature, meaning it is not built in the ddj sx
Samini 10:55 AM - 4 February, 2014
The Craziest Feature on this controller is that, it can use two (2) laptops at the same time
What a technology?
Jensen Määäm 11:28 AM - 4 February, 2014
Serato, check the dimensions of the SX you've written down here, I do believ they are wrong: serato.com
Jensen Määäm 11:28 AM - 4 February, 2014
Sorry, I've meant SZ...
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:29 PM - 4 February, 2014
Thanks Jensen, yes that was a mix-up. Looks like the Technical Specs are from a Pioneer DJM900-SRT.

I will fix this shortly.
Jensen Määäm 8:37 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Thanks Jensen, yes that was a mix-up. Looks like the Technical Specs are from a Pioneer DJM900-SRT.

I will fix this shortly.

You are welcome! The height could be correct, but not the width and depth.
Don't know about the weight.
DJKaotic1 2:37 AM - 6 February, 2014
Does anyone have a release date for the DDJ-SZ ???
XCAKID 4:09 AM - 6 February, 2014
Last I looked on Pioneers website, it said March
Ragman 6:53 AM - 6 February, 2014
DJ Company's don't give dates anymore. Only the month or season.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:45 PM - 7 February, 2014
Watchwww.youtube.com

More air horn! ;)
DJ.CISCO-V 8:29 AM - 9 February, 2014
Nice controller, I still have the DDJ S1. Its time to upgrade!
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:23 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
Does anyone have a release date for the DDJ-SZ ???

Pioneer do! Give them a call :)
Ragman 11:24 PM - 9 February, 2014
^I did call them. They will not give a date, only a month which again is March.
higginsis300 9:22 PM - 10 February, 2014
I preordered my DDJ-SZ today! I will continue to use my DDJ-SX or my Rane 62 and Denon SC3900 CDJs until the DDJ-SZ arrives.
DJ CARLÃO VIRTUAL 12:49 AM - 12 February, 2014
EU REALMENTE NÃO SEI ONDE A PIONEER E A SERATO VAI PARAR ,EU NÃO CONSIGO ACOMPANHAR TANTA TECNOLOGIA ESTOU FICANDO DOIDO!KKKK DDJ-SZ IS THE BEST!!!
10:00 AM, 14 Feb 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Cityboy 6:01 PM - 15 February, 2014
Hello everyone I'm like the DDJ SX but when I Seen the SZ my eyes just light up what would u guys recommend a new DJ starting off with between the two I just got in to dj about a month ago
Ragman 6:22 PM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:
Hello everyone I'm like the DDJ SX but when I Seen the SZ my eyes just light up what would u guys recommend a new DJ starting off with between the two I just got in to dj about a month ago

Please answer these three questions:
1. what equipment are you currently using?
2. do you know what bpm is?
3. if yes to question 2, can you mix or beat match 2 tracks with similar bpms with out it sounding like a train wreck?
Cityboy 6:28 PM - 15 February, 2014
I was play on my brother numark n4 . Yes I know what BM are well I'm getting better at beat matching now that I put tape over the sink button so I can't use it anymore
Ragman 6:46 PM - 15 February, 2014
I'm very serious with what I'm about to suggest. And it could save you a ton of money. You don't need expensive equipment when you're in the learning stages of DJing.

Learn how to mix and beat match on this and once you get solid at it and decide to take it farther then consider buying more expensive equipment. You probably won't take this advice but it's the most practical and cheapest advice you'll ever get. This is how I started out my nephew who wanted to get into DJing. He practiced beat matching and mixing on it for about 6 months then I stepped him up to a used NS7. He's posting mixes now online and he's gotten very good. Just my 2 cents.

www.amazon.com

Here's a mix he's posted online so you can get a feel for his skillset. Not bad for a rookie.
www.house-mixes.com
Cityboy 6:55 PM - 15 February, 2014
I appreciate the information
Cityboy 7:05 PM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:
I'm very serious with what I'm about to suggest. And it could save you a ton of money. You don't need expensive equipment when you're in the learning stages of DJing.

Learn how to mix and beat match on this and once you get solid at it and decide to take it farther then consider buying more expensive equipment. You probably won't take this advice but it's the most practical and cheapest advice you'll ever get. This is how I started out my nephew who wanted to get into DJing. He practiced beat matching and mixing on it for about 6 months then I stepped him up to a used NS7. He's posting mixes now online and he's gotten very good. Just my 2 cents.

www.amazon.com

Here's a mix he's posted online so you can get a feel for his skillset. Not bad for a rookie.
www.house-mixes.com

I listen to the mix nice thank for the information
hologram 8:30 PM - 15 February, 2014
I agree with Ragman get something under 300 dollar for now.
Practice your ass off and when you can do a two hour set without messing up get a SZ.
The reason being is that the core of skill is music programing and beat mixing.
Get those two down pat and you'll enjoy all the bells and whistles way better.
Cityboy 9:29 PM - 15 February, 2014
Quote:
I agree with Ragman get something under 300 dollar for now.
Practice your ass off and when you can do a two hour set without messing up get a SZ.
The reason being is that the core of skill is music programing and beat mixing.
Get those two down pat and you'll enjoy all the bells and whistles way better.

Thanks for the information I really appreciate it
Davideon 8:30 AM - 17 February, 2014
I hope pioneer don't screw up the distribution of the sz like they did the sx
CamLucaDj 5:24 AM - 19 February, 2014
Tried every controller out there with both Traktor and Serato. Ended up With DDJ SX, most complete, good build quality. $750 new, why pay $2000 for the SZ? couple of features more not worth 3x the price. This new controller is made for clubs ONLY not for mobile dj. The size, weight and the dual laptop connection are the clear signs of it. Let's face it, all clubs have CDJ and DJM but 90% of the djs use them with Serato, so why dont create just a Serato controller?
Ragman 5:41 AM - 19 February, 2014
It's made for whomever has the money to pay for it. Mobile or club use.
hottiredandsexy 2:51 PM - 19 February, 2014
hologram 5:06 PM - 19 February, 2014
As a mobile DJ equipment renter for over 2 decades in southern Californian, Arizona, and Nevada I respectfully Disagree with you. I already have enough bookings for the DDJ-SZ in April and May to pay for two of them. Life is good.
DJ Krissi D 1:40 PM - 21 February, 2014
Does this suffer from the Same issue that SL users experience when you launched Serato DJ for us which is unusable for any Relative user as it stands?? if so this kit which i would love to get. i wont buy until there is a guarantee noise map on Rel mode works.

My original Help Request
serato.com

And one made December Last Year in the Beta Phase yet you still released Serato DJ with a known major issue.
serato.com

YOU SHOULD BE WARNING ALL SL USERS NOT TO UPGRADE TO NEW PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE TIL THIS IS FIXED.....ITS NOT A SMALL ISSUE!!!!
Asu 10:09 PM - 21 February, 2014
Quote:
Does this suffer from the Same issue that SL users experience when you launched Serato DJ for us which is unusable for any Relative user as it stands?? if so this kit which i would love to get. i wont buy until there is a guarantee noise map on Rel mode works.

My original Help Request
serato.com

And one made December Last Year in the Beta Phase yet you still released Serato DJ with a known major issue.
serato.com

YOU SHOULD BE WARNING ALL SL USERS NOT TO UPGRADE TO NEW PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE TIL THIS IS FIXED.....ITS NOT A SMALL ISSUE!!!!

dis-engage Quantize,and you'll be alright...this is not an issue anymore.

it could also depend on vibrations that may slightly move the que point via your Turn tables...

But in reality,how big of a problem is this? it's never bothered me and many that use the software.

And calm down bro,if you're that mad, move to Traktor or try CDJ's via rekordbox...there's a lot of choices out there.
DJ Krissi D 2:59 AM - 27 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

My original Help Request
serato.com

serato.com

dis-engage Quantize,and you'll be alright...this is not an issue anymore.

it could also depend on vibrations that may slightly move the que point via your Turn tables...

But in reality,how big of a problem is this? it's never bothered me and many that use the software.

And calm down bro,if you're that mad, move to Traktor or try CDJ's via rekordbox...there's a lot of choices out there.

Hi Asu

All I'm going to say is read the Threads i posted. clearly you didn't and fell into the "its Quantise or Vibrations" this is a genuine Glitch that will cause the Cue point to jump at random either way by one second.

When Battle scratching or juggling and you hit a hot Cue it needs to be there not a second before or after. there is no live work around thats realistic in this situation. we spent hours back in the day with stickers to ensure this as it was important then as is now!

Migrating to Tracktor is not a real option i have over 58000 mp3s with cue, loop Data. besides Trackor is aimed at more the house head.

Also looking at you profile you don't have an SL1,2,3,4 which is where the problem is. which reading the support threads would explain

All the Best

Kris
DJ Yaitanis 1:15 PM - 27 February, 2014
Does anyone have one of these yet? There are about 500 units that have hit the street And I am looking at one. I was specifically curious with the stability of the unit with the Key features of 1.6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil
Mike Thomson 2:37 PM - 27 February, 2014
I got mine today but can't get it to work. Not even as standalone-mixer There is absolutely no sound output - even in standalone mode. And when connected to the pc serato dj recognizes the controller and i can controll the software but even here no sound! Don't get what i'm doing wrong...
Mike Thomson 3:05 PM - 27 February, 2014
OK. Now everything works. I've restartet my PC and now everything is good. Don't know what was wrong before...
DJ Yaitanis 3:07 PM - 27 February, 2014
Quote:
OK. Now everything works. I've restartet my PC and now everything is good. Don't know what was wrong before...

Sometimes the Serato Software has to recognize the unit.

Let me know how it works!
DJ Rukus Vibe 5:48 PM - 27 February, 2014
I pre-ordered one from American Musical. Pre-ordered the RMX-500 from another spot. Got a GMIX TSA from gator, and its too big. Hate to wait so long for it and there is almost no real user vids on the web. anyone sharing your personal experience yet?
DJ Yaitanis 8:59 PM - 27 February, 2014
Yea, If I get one I will custom make a case...
f8274 12:25 AM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
Def gonna upgrade...i'm sold on DVS compatibility,2 USBs,Better stand alone mixer,color pads and bigger jog wheels...gonna wait for those 20% off if you spend $999 or more specials for this one.

Damn you pioneer...how heavy will this kit be with a case? 45-50lbs?

Today i ordered an individual wood case for this stuff and this case will weight around 12 kilograms plus 10 of the controller you will have to handle 22 kg. It´s nothing in comparison to a ready-case with two CDJ 2000 NXS + one DJM 900…..and to your other equipment like loudspeakers, amps, light-equipment and so on ;-)
DJ Rukus Vibe 1:24 PM - 5 March, 2014
Can you explain more about your wood case for the ddj-sz?
f8274 3:13 PM - 5 March, 2014
Surely, yesterday i gave my ideas to a local case factory:

The Case enclose the controller until the surface, i don´t like a case with small bottom and a very big upper part. And so it will fits snugly with my other cases (CDJ 1000, DJM 800).

Details:
7mm wood, black
25mm alu profile
4x butterfly middle
4x rubberfeet under the large side (for working situation) and
4x rubberfeet under the small side (to deposit the case while transport)
suitcase handle in leather behind
flexibel servicedoor in front for earphone Jackin and CF-curve adjustment
behind 100mm comfortably space for the xlr-connectors, Micphone and so on
and over it a folding flap (cover) to disguise all cables (leave small cutaway for the cables)
individual foam material

I brought my DDJ SZ to the local company and they determined the right capacity. It will be ready in 2 weeks, so i´ll post a photo ;-) The price is about 200 EURO (= 260 USD).
djpresto 2:24 PM - 6 March, 2014
Cant wait for mine!!! way2go Pioneer!
Eliot Ness 2:50 PM - 6 March, 2014
When does this come out in the Northeast area? Does anybody have it yet around here?
DJ Rukus Vibe 2:51 AM - 8 March, 2014
nothing like having local cats that do custom quality work. thats awesome f8274. i may "borrow" the design. until then, i ordered a tsa gator keyboard case. ideal if i don't really want a flight/performance hybrid case. just protection and dmx-500 storage w/cables,etc
KB the Arkitekt 5:33 PM - 15 March, 2014
Quote:
nothing like having local cats that do custom quality work. thats awesome f8274. i may "borrow" the design. until then, i ordered a tsa gator keyboard case. ideal if i don't really want a flight/performance hybrid case. just protection and dmx-500 storage w/cables,etc

DJ Rukus Vibe, have you received your keyboard case and controller yet? I'm thinking about doing the same thing. The only thing that concerns me is the size (the controller fitting properly) and weight of the case.
Coney Island Joe 9:54 PM - 15 March, 2014
Can someone tell me when is the release date?
On-line stores were talking about March 14th.
I don't want to pre-order it because Pioneer might only give out 2 or 3 units per store. Then the store can't get it and you'll have to wait for the next shipment. meanwhile you just paid for it and if another store got it your stuck! I couldn't get the SX for about 6 months.
DJ Yaitanis 11:30 PM - 15 March, 2014
You can get them on eBay now
Dj Nad 2:20 PM - 17 March, 2014
Hello Guys, yes the issue of serato dj 1.6 in REL mode is a major one, did anyone tried to hook this one up with turntables ? does it work with serato vinyl control?
thxx
Coney Island Joe 1:20 AM - 19 March, 2014
eBay stores will take your money but they don't have the product. I contacted 2 eBay stores. they don't have it.
Coney Island Joe 9:34 PM - 21 March, 2014
Ok I got it! at cost just under $1,500 retail $1,999
Here's the unboxing video.

youtu.be
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:48 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:

youtu.be

you need to learn video phone etiquette lol j/k

Congrats getting it at cost. unreal.
KB the Arkitekt 11:24 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:

youtu.be

Sooo, where do you pick it up?
Coney Island Joe 2:02 PM - 23 March, 2014
Got a hook-up at Guitar Center NYC
RAHEEM 6:03 AM - 29 March, 2014
GOTIT....LOVE IT! Not taking it out till I case it
DJ Yaitanis 10:50 AM - 30 March, 2014
Got Mine In Yesterday, What a beauty! see it here...

fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:22 PM - 30 March, 2014
Nice
DB3379 8:43 AM - 1 April, 2014
Hello together,

i got mine last week. Since then i played around everyday and still hooked. But there is one little thing that is new to me. The way the touch platter reacts. I have to use 2two fingers and enough pressure, than everything is okay.

But sometimes it lose the contact and the music start playing, even if i have my fingers on the platters and hold the platter.

Do you have also experienced that?

I did a little video ... Watchwww.youtube.com
KB the Arkitekt 12:26 PM - 1 April, 2014
Quote:
Hello together,

i got mine last week. Since then i played around everyday and still hooked. But there is one little thing that is new to me. The way the touch platter reacts. I have to use 2two fingers and enough pressure, than everything is okay.

But sometimes it lose the contact and the music start playing, even if i have my fingers on the platters and hold the platter.

Do you have also experienced that?

I did a little video ... Watchwww.youtube.com

I have had the exact same issue. Hopefully, this issue is fixable through an firmware update.
DJ Yaitanis 12:30 PM - 1 April, 2014
Same Issue, I guess you have to adapt to the new style...
KB the Arkitekt 12:34 PM - 1 April, 2014
I would hope that I would not have to touch the platters "just right" to use them. Definitely something I have to adapt to use, because I love the controller otherwise! Come on Pioneer, fix this!
DJ Yaitanis 12:50 PM - 1 April, 2014
there is one other issue, the platters work with touch so if you try to "protect" them with a SKIN they will not work...
DB3379 3:06 PM - 1 April, 2014
My last controller was the Numark NS6 and there is also a self adjust Platter, just like the Pioneer. But with the numark NS6 it works flawless. It never lose contact.

Maybe Pioneer tried to copy the kind of pressure like if you play with the CDJs.

Maybe they'll bring an update, that we can adjust the sensitive by ourself.
jimmy jam 8:10 PM - 3 April, 2014
If sombody wants to buy 1 for me. i would really appreciate it.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:48 PM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
If sombody wants to buy 1 for me. i would really appreciate it.

sure! give me cash or credit card then I can buy you one ;)
Davideon 4:24 PM - 5 April, 2014
Quote:
function details

Word?
Soon 1:54 PM - 19 April, 2014
Hi, I am interested in purchasing the ddjsz, I have seen the reviews about the hardware problem mentioned above that the disc is not responsive sometimes. One question, am I guaranteed that if I were to purchase it now, my ddjsz will not have this problem as they are all fixed or do I have to go through the hassle of returning and reordering a new one if it does have this problem ? Thanks
Jensen Määäm 1:56 PM - 19 April, 2014
Quote:
Hi, I am interested in purchasing the ddjsz, I have seen the reviews about the hardware problem mentioned above that the disc is not responsive sometimes. One question, am I guaranteed that if I were to purchase it now, my ddjsz will not have this problem as they are all fixed or do I have to go through the hassle of returning and reordering a new one if it does have this problem ? Thanks

There is no guarantee at this point that your unit will work without this problem. Your best bet is to wait.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:00 PM - 19 April, 2014
Exactly.

I sent mine in for the service. I'm not worried about it.
Wait until Pioneer solves the issue before purchasing.
Ragman 3:05 PM - 19 April, 2014
Quote:

There may still be SZ out there from that first tainted batch. So like the fellas said, I would wait. When you do make the purchase, don't be afraid to ask the retailer or store you purchase it from if it's from the first lot of SZs or the fixed batch.
Ragman 3:08 PM - 19 April, 2014
It would be nice if we could buy new items direct from Pioneer.
Trakmass 3:10 PM - 19 April, 2014
Agreed above. Imma stick with my sx for now and wait a year. Something new will be out and I'll get the sz then.
Ragman 3:13 PM - 19 April, 2014
Quote:
Agreed above. Imma stick with my sx for now and wait a year. Something new will be out and I'll get the sz then.

^Smart cat right here.
Ragman 3:15 PM - 19 April, 2014
Trak you still got your V7s?
Mally 4:22 AM - 25 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fo real...No SyNc...DJ already...
Laptop Opera 3:22 PM - 9 May, 2014
JUST GOT IT !
$1730 SHIPPED!
real nice piece of equiptment, now I just need to teach myself to use it :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:58 PM - 9 May, 2014
Quote:
JUST GOT IT !
$1730 SHIPPED!
real nice piece of equiptment, now I just need to teach myself to use it :)

Congrats!
Davideon 3:16 PM - 10 May, 2014
I literally just bought mine. I didn't realise quite how different it is to the sx. Truly a different beast
Laptop Opera 5:36 PM - 12 May, 2014
You are going to love it, its still taking getting used (I perviously just used ableton) to but I should have it down in a couple weeks.
if it isnt working properly switch usb ports and check your sound card settings. that should fix it. its common.
anyway,
I love the way the jogs feel and how easy it is to set everything up on it.
DJ NickT 1:58 PM - 7 June, 2014
Hello from Greece everybody ! have a nice summer !Yesterday after a long period of waiting i received my ddj-sz finally! cant wait use it! the only problem i found is that serato video plug in voucher code is missing!? is it possible alreday sold 5000 units? :D or something else?
Davideon 3:00 PM - 7 June, 2014
Already sold way more than 5000
DjHI 4:20 AM - 26 August, 2014
Hi guys pretty keen to see wat u tech heads think I have a 62 and im probs going to go hid with the 400!

Or

sell the 62 and get this?