Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ITCH crash when I shutdown with BROWSE function opened!

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
RodrigoVolta 5:57 PM - 15 January, 2014
All times that I shutdown ITCH with BROWSE function opened, ITCH crash and report bugs is showed!!
This happen in Windows 7 or MacOSX (Lion, M. Lion or Mavericks).
I've not tested with Serato DJ for Mac, but I believe that this happen too!
My library is very extensive, with 20,000 songs or more and with very genres.
Thanks.
5:59 PM, 15 Jan 2014
RodrigoVolta attached a file: Captura de Tela 2014-01-15 às 15.54.34.png
View· Permalink
6:02 PM, 15 Jan 2014
RodrigoVolta attached a file: Process.txt
Download· Permalink
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:03 AM - 20 January, 2014
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Can you please test this with Serato DJ 1.5.2 and let me know if you can get the same crash as we aren't doing any more development on ITCH.

Get Serato DJ 1.5.2 here - serato.com

Matt P
RodrigoVolta 2:31 PM - 20 January, 2014
Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Can you please test this with Serato DJ 1.5.2 and let me know if you can get the same crash as we aren't doing any more development on ITCH.

Get Serato DJ 1.5.2 here - serato.com

Matt P

Hello, Matt!

Serato DJ 1.5.2 not work properly with my controller, therefore I don't use it!
But I've tested with SDJ and not see same problem.

However, I'll not use SDJ with my controller because it not work properly.
Until Serato solve this problems, I will continue to use ITCH!

Thanks.
Night Riders 6:22 PM - 23 January, 2014
Same for me:
I don't understand...I cannot migrate my computer to MAVERICKS because they are connectivity issues with ITCH. Serato stopped all developments on ITCH and are pushing people to use SERATO DJ, but since over a year nothing has been done to make it work with the Pioneer DDJ-S1. So many functions are not working that SERTO DJ is useless. I keep reading forums with people complaining about that. Why can't SERATO address this ongoing issues with SERATO DJ? It's extremely frustrating.
RodrigoVolta 6:36 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Same for me:
I don't understand...I cannot migrate my computer to MAVERICKS because they are connectivity issues with ITCH. Serato stopped all developments on ITCH and are pushing people to use SERATO DJ, but since over a year nothing has been done to make it work with the Pioneer DDJ-S1. So many functions are not working that SERTO DJ is useless. I keep reading forums with people complaining about that. Why can't SERATO address this ongoing issues with SERATO DJ? It's extremely frustrating.

Me too!
I don't know when Serato will fix DDJ-S1 compatibility, but for hour, I'll use ITCH because it is more compatible.
And ITCH run fine in Mavericks!!
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:57 PM - 29 January, 2014
Hi RodrigoVolta,

What exactly are the problems with Serato DJ that you don't have with ITCH?

Can you try the beta version and let me know if this fixes the problems you are talking about - serato.com

Matt P
Night Riders 9:39 PM - 29 January, 2014
1) My "BIG" issue preventing me from using SERATO DJ is the effects ON/OFF buttons are not blinking when a single Effect is ON. This issue was reported since Serato DJ was launched and you can see on many threads the serato team saying they are aware of it and will fix it...
I got caught few times releasing a song with the effect "ON" from the previous song of the same deck and when the effect is at 100% and no sound comes out of the master...you stress trying to see where the issue is coming from... and finally realize the effect is ON but the light is not blinking, it is VERY frustrating.
2) Last time I tried Serato DJ the volume level for the Master were not the same on the deck and on the screen (I have to say I haven't double check that since few months)

PS: I am running the latest version of Serato DJ (I check every week since the release) and I updated the firmware already.

Tks' for your help and I really hope the On/Off effect button will be fixed ASAP.
RodrigoVolta 10:04 PM - 29 January, 2014
Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Can you try the beta version and let me know if this fixes the problems you are talking about - serato.com

Matt P

Please, Matt P, check this:

serato.com

All theses problems that affect DDJ-S1 users.
At the moment, not have ANY improvement to DDJ-S1 controllers!!!
SDJ work in "adaptive" mode and not "native" mode like ITCH!!
Becaouse this, I'm forced to use obsolete ITCH that was ABANDONED with DDJ-S1 users!!!
SDJ was not designed to run in DDJ-S1.
Only to you have a idea, Virtual DJ work better than Serato DJ with DDJ-S1 and it not was
designed to work natively!!!
Anyway... In same status: NO FIX!!!
Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Matt P

serato.com

Becaouse this, I'm forced to use obsolete ITCH that was ABANDONED with DDJ-S1 users!!!
Only to you have a idea, Virtual DJ work better than Serato DJ with DDJ-S1 and it not was
Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Matt P

serato.com

Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Matt P

serato.com

Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Matt P

serato.com

RodrigoVolta 10:09 PM - 29 January, 2014

serato.com

At the moment, not have ANY improvement to DDJ-S1!!!
Because this, I'm forced to use obsolete ITCH that was ABANDONED with DDJ-S1 users!!!
SDJ was not designed to run in DDJ-S1. Run only in NEW controllers.
Night Riders 10:24 PM - 29 January, 2014
Hi Matt P

1) My "BIG" issue preventing me from using SERATO DJ is the effects ON/OFF buttons are not blinking when a single Effect is ON. This issue was reported since Serato DJ was launched and you can see on many threads the serato team saying they are aware of it and will fix it:

serato.com

I got caught few times releasing a song with the effect "ON" from the previous song of the same deck and when the effect is at 100% and no sound comes out of the master...you stress trying to see where the issue is coming from... and finally realize the effect is ON but the light is not blinking, it is VERY frustrating.

2) Last time I tried Serato DJ the volume level for the Master were not the same on the deck and on the screen (I have to say I haven't double check that since few months)

PS: I am running the latest version of Serato DJ (I check every week since the release) and I updated the firmware already.

Tks' for your help and I really hope the On/Off effect button will be fixed ASAP.
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:21 AM - 30 January, 2014
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Well you have posted them in the right forum for these to be tested and fixed by posting in the BETA area.

Are you still getting the browse crash that you initially reported in Serato DJ?

Matt P
RodrigoVolta 12:44 PM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
Hi RodrigoVolta,

Well you have posted them in the right forum for these to be tested and fixed by posting in the BETA area.

Are you still getting the browse crash that you initially reported in Serato DJ?

Matt P

Hello, Matt!

I don't see any crash using Serato DJ 1.6.0, but I use it too little, so did not to make deeper tests.

Yes! But I don't see any expression of staff about these bug report!
I think that you not have interest in make DDJ-S1 compatible with SDJ... unfortunately.

Later this year I'll change my controller. Still do not know if I will keep the Serato platform or I migrate to Traktor, but I'll do a change!

Tks.
RodrigoVolta 12:53 PM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
Hi Matt P

1) My "BIG" issue preventing me from using SERATO DJ is the effects ON/OFF buttons are not blinking when a single Effect is ON. This issue was reported since Serato DJ was launched and you can see on many threads the serato team saying they are aware of it and will fix it:

serato.com

Cool!!!

It's a horrible bug!!!

Not is possible that Serato get mess software!!!

If the function was working earlier, because stopped working? I can not understand! If there is a MIDI mapping, why not keep it? Looks like they do on purpose to justify versions!

Virtual DJ and Traktor exists for years and the old controllers continue working normally in the new versions. Do not stop to work because a feature was implemented in software!

The problem of Serato is that they do not open the MIDI mapping their software so that the user can change it freely. Then we have to depend on them for fools corrections! This is outrageous! You pay for expensive equipment and software already comes with factory bugs!
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:36 AM - 3 February, 2014
Hi RodrigoVolta,

I understand you are frustrated, but I can't tell you when the midi output lighting issue will be fixed. Ultimately it is recognized and will be prioritized with our team.
But i don't know what else you would like me to say.

We hope you continue to use our product and that of our hardware partners. Understand this move to Serato DJ is a completely new platform. If there are bugs in this software they will get fixed. We hope that you can trust that with time we will address them accordingly.

Regards

Matt P
8:01 AM, 17 Feb 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.