Pioneer Hardware Help

Need help with Serato DJ and a Pioneer devices? Ask here.

DDJ-SB PITCH PROBLEMS HELP!!!!

Product
Serato DJ
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DDJ‑SB
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 7 (64 bit) Service Pack 1
Platform
-
DJMarkMcDonald 5:06 PM - 27 December, 2013
Hello.

I have just purchased a DDJ SB. I used to have technics but have now dipped into the controller world to see whats it like before I upgrade to better equipment. It is running DJ intro.

The problem is simple. I import my tracks and then analyse them in serato. I don't like using sync etc so use the pitchfader. When I feel it is close enough I match the bpm's up in the software.

So, I have 2 tracks playing ... both at 120.01. The problem is that the track I bring in needs speeding up within 5 secons and constantly slows down even though the software states both tracks are playing at 120.01. I have to constantly speed it up via the jog wheel and it stops me from using effects etc which is getting on my nerves. It should not be like this.

What the hell is going on? Can anyone help? I would appreciate it.

Mark
JSPR 2:48 PM - 28 December, 2013
I am also having this problem!

Can not complete a set without at least one song slowing down!

It is infuriating as it is slowing down when sync is not even functioning
DJMarkMcDonald 5:49 PM - 28 December, 2013
Quote:
I am also having this problem!

Can not complete a set without at least one song slowing down!

It is infuriating as it is slowing down when sync is not even functioning

I was using intro. I have now upgraded to the 14 day Serato DJ trial. I find that on intro I can set the pitch of both tracks to 120.01 for example and the track I am bringing in drifts out within 5 seconds of putting it in despite the software telling me they are at the same speed.

On Serato DJ 14 day trial I find that I can match the speed easier as the pitch increases in .1 increments whereas it was more hit and miss on intro ... but on DJ the speeds displays only at 120.1 for example and not 120.01. But i still get the same problem. I match the speeds as best as I can in my ear ... and when I look at the software it is close, so I make the minor adjustment to match them up identically. I bring in the track in time and then after a few seconds it falls out of time badly.

Can anyone on serato explain why this is. I would expect it drift out slightly after a couple of minutes but not within 10 seconds.

Mark
JSPR 6:39 PM - 28 December, 2013
It's still doing it!

I changed my CPU as it said it was that, so I followed instructions yet it still slows down the song!
Matt P 2:27 AM - 31 December, 2013
Hi DJMarkMcDonald,

This is likely because the Bpm information isn't 100% correct. Perhaps you want to try editing the beat grid in smart sync?

Have you tried this now that you are using the trial of Serato DJ?

Here is a helpful article on how to manage beat grids.. serato.com

The other factor might be the type of files you are trying to mix. Are you playing songs that are "live" eg a live drummer that fluctuates tempo as opposed to a drum machine?

Matt P
8:05 AM, 14 Jan 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.