Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Twitch sound only reaching one speaker

Product
ITCH
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
kytihu 5:08 AM - 27 December, 2013
In short, I've connected my Twitch to an amp and 2 speakers. Music only plays out of one speaker.

My setup:
- Mac OSX 10.8.5
- Twitch is connected to a QSC RMX 850 amplifier using RCA connectors from the booth output on the Twitch to the 1/4" Channel 1 input jack on the amplifier.
- The speakers have 4 connectors on the back of each. I've run two strands of speaker wire from each speaker to the amplifier output connectors. So for the right speaker, one speaker wire is split into + and - for one pair of connectors. Another wire is split into + and - for the other pair of connectors. Then on the + output terminal on the amp, I've connected both + wires together to make the connection.
- For the speaker wires, I've cleanly stripped the ends on each to make solid connections. The lengths of the wires are also equal.
- I've double checked that for the speaker not making sound, the speaker wires are solidly connected.

When I begin to play music, sound only comes out of the speakers that are connected to the Output 1 terminals on the amp. And even weirder to me, I can remove one of the RCA booth plugs and continue playing music out of one speaker with just one RCA booth plug connected.

Any advice?
What other information I can share that could help in troubleshooting?

Many many thanks in advance
kytihu 4:28 PM - 27 December, 2013
Update:

When I plug the Twitch into the Channel 2 input jack on the amplifier the "other" speaker plays only. So it seems each speaker is aligned to its own amp channel? How does that make sense?
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:18 PM - 5 January, 2014
Hey kytihu,

Thanks for your patience. This all seems a little bit confusing - however lets get back to basics and check within the software to ensure things are running correctly. A possible reason why you are only getting sound out of one speaker could be due to the fact that you have you set the Output to only distribute a MONO signal - but in case we want it to distribute in a STEREO signal so that sound is spread across the speakers you have plugged in.

To change this setting to STEREO you will need to:

Open ITCH -> Click SETUP SCREEN -> Click on MIXER tab -> In the OUTPUT drop down, select STEREO

*I have attached an image to this thread that will guide you through this.

Let me know how you go with this!

Cheers

Mak T
10:19 PM, 5 Jan 2014
Mak T attached a file: Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 11.13.57 AM.png
View· Permalink
8:06 AM, 20 Jan 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.