Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Offline Player Track Time Display

djkurve 11:32 PM - 25 December, 2013
So this has been bugging the hell outta me lately. Thought I was going crazy, but there is no time display upon loading the track. Correction, there is a track display, but it just list the length of the track. Call me OCD, but I need to have this feature Incorporated into my workflow. Whenever I'm preparing music, I find this feature really handy.
i49.photobucket.com
DJ SHAKEE 6:30 AM - 24 May, 2014
+1
djkurve 10:41 PM - 2 June, 2014
Anytime you want to bring this feature back that would be great. #staplefeature
JayB1200 11:53 PM - 2 June, 2014
+1
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:11 AM - 27 June, 2014
Hey guys,

We do plan to bring this feature back at some point, much in the same way it was implemented in Scratch Live, where you could click on the time and toggle between time remaining and elapsed.

I am sorry it is not in the software just yet, but we will do it in an update.

Martin
DJ SP (UK) 12:14 PM - 27 June, 2014
+1

Glad to hear this is coming back!
djkurve 10:38 PM - 30 June, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys,

We do plan to bring this feature back at some point, much in the same way it was implemented in Scratch Live, where you could click on the time and toggle between time remaining and elapsed.

I am sorry it is not in the software just yet, but we will do it in an update.

Martin

Thanks for the reply Martin. Could you give us an ETA when this feature will be back in the software? It's really a pain in the ass going between SSL and SDJ for the past 6 months when it comes to prepping tracks just because one version of your software doesn't have this feature.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:16 PM - 30 June, 2014
Sorry djkurve, its not something I can do.

If I announced it was coming in 2 months, and for some reason we didn't deliver (something higher priority came up) people would pretty unhappy that we didn't stick to what I had announced.

I would love to be able to tell you where its currently scheduled/planned to be, but for people who take this as a promise (and in some cases spend money based on the information) I can't do this.
djkurve 11:36 PM - 30 June, 2014
Quote:
Sorry djkurve, its not something I can do.

If I announced it was coming in 2 months, and for some reason we didn't deliver (something higher priority came up) people would pretty unhappy that we didn't stick to what I had announced.

I would love to be able to tell you where its currently scheduled/planned to be, but for people who take this as a promise (and in some cases spend money based on the information) I can't do this.

Can you at least tell me how high on the priority list this feature is?
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:07 AM - 1 July, 2014
I am not quite sure what I could tell you that would actually be valuable though?

"Fairly high"?

I could say something like:

Its lower priority than AM Mode but higher priority than having smart crates as subcrates.

Other users will probably come along and debate that the priority isn't right, regardless of what I say, so I am not sure if telling you this is meaningful.
djkurve 1:23 AM - 2 July, 2014
Quote:
I am not quite sure what I could tell you that would actually be valuable though?

"Fairly high"?

I could say something like:

Its lower priority than AM Mode but higher priority than having smart crates as subcrates.

Other users will probably come along and debate that the priority isn't right, regardless of what I say, so I am not sure if telling you this is meaningful.

Thanks for the insight!
Dj Wunder 2:02 AM - 8 October, 2014
+1. Absolutely. I grow tired of finding these little omissions after moving over from SSL
DJ SP (UK) 9:18 AM - 24 October, 2014
For anyone who hasn't checked out the 1.7.2 beta, you'll be glad to here this feature is back!
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:41 AM - 28 October, 2014
Link is here for 1.7.2 Public Beta if you are interested: serato.com