Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

4 Decks with the MixDeck Quad..........

the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:01 PM - 20 December, 2013
I really wish I could use all 4 channels with my Quad, I can do it with Traktor and VDJ so I see no reason why Serato wont allow this to happen.

The way I see it is, Serato just needs to map 1 spare button on each deck which could be used to switch from deck 1 to deck 3 and the other would switch from deck 2 to deck 4.

I just got off the phone with Numark and this ^^ is purely in the hands of Serato, meaning yall choose not to allow 4 decks because of the way you have programmed SDJ to work.

Another thing, the channel faders and crossfader should be assigned to the faders in SV as the mixer section sends MIDI messages full time. How this got pasted anyone is beyond me.

Also why do I have to hold down the "MODE" button in order to use the sampler?? I mean I have to use 2 hands to launch a sample, really?? Make the "MODE" button a "TOGGLE" button so I can switch between sampler mode or hot cue mode. If Im scratching and want to launch a sample its really awkward having to let go of the platter, hold down the mode button with one hand then use the other hand to launch my sample just to much work to launch a sample. Make it so I can toggle between the 2 modes.

I understand the Quad may not be a Pioneer or RANE product but dont sell your user base short.............

If I need to upload a video to show you these things plus more things that are wrong with the mapping (in my opinion) I can surely do that.

Dont take this as a stab either but if other software can make all this happen then the so called "Industry Standard" should have no problem with these request as well.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:30 AM - 30 December, 2013
Guess Im on my own here then??
ojgbagg27 10:55 PM - 30 December, 2013
+1
the SOUNDINSURGENT 9:08 PM - 3 February, 2014
We really can't be the only 2 here who'd like to see this happen??
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:00 AM - 9 April, 2014
Still don't see any reason why this can't happen.......
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:37 PM - 7 May, 2014
Come on Serato and Numark, can't y'all come to some kind of agreement??

There is no reason why this couldn't happen. I don't wanna buy an SX cause this unit is just fine when teamed up with my SP1, all I need is for the 2 other channels.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:11 PM - 2 July, 2014
Well I've talked to Numark directly and this is all in Seratos hand.

This has nothing to do with Numark, fact is Serato doesn't wanna put forth the effort to make this work which is sad cause every other program can do it yet here where are.

Come on already, can I get 4 deck support for my Mixdeck Quad??
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:52 AM - 22 July, 2014
And still nothing..........
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:48 PM - 15 August, 2014
4 deck support for the Mixdeck Quad???
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:39 PM - 15 August, 2014
Hi the SOUNDINSURGENT,

Currently we have no plans to offer 4 deck support for the Mixdeck Quad. serato.com

Quote:
Well I've talked to Numark directly and this is all in Seratos hand.

Where did you speak with Numark? Via email or on a forum or something?

What did they tell you?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:12 PM - 16 August, 2014
I spoke to one of the hardware reps via email then received a phone from them an then at a show.........

Basically I was told it was Serato who is refusing to add 4 deck support because it all comes down to software and programming, the hardware part is already taken care of. I was told it is possible and to take a look at Traktor and VDJ both of those programs have 4 deck support which is true.

I have been pushing for this since I was able to use the Quad with SDJ. At first I was it wasn't possible which is not true and then I was told because there wasn't a layer button and y'all like to keep the mapping as close to what the controller says yet I have found 2 buttons that aren't mapped and could easily be used to swap decks.

I've already spent money on tables, mixers, RANE boxes and controllers. The equipment I have is more then capable of doing what I want it to do so I don't really see the need to spend more money on yet another controller.

Please can you add 4 deck support to the Mixdeck Quad?? I know for a fact that it can be done, it's just that Serato does not want to do it for some reason???
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:20 PM - 16 August, 2014
Here's the thread where I was told to contact Numark and that is possible for Serato to use the Mixdeck Quad with 4 decks but Serato doesn't want to, serato.com
DJ Boom Bap 2:33 AM - 17 August, 2014
Get a new controller? Other feature request that are needed and popular.......well, become popular.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:51 PM - 17 August, 2014
Why get a new controller when tis one is fully capable of doing what I want except for the fact Serato won't put in the time??
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:32 AM - 18 August, 2014
Hi the SOUNDINSURGENT,

Thanks for the links. I am not 100% sure why we have not supported 4 decks, but I will do my best to find out. It may be a software limitation that Virtual DJ and Traktor do not have.

I will see what I can found out, and if it is possible, its certainly something we can consider. What would be your suggestion for a layer switching function? Which button would you map it to?

Thanks for your feedback.