Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

No serato software will open

Product
ITCH
Version
1.8.0 (Pioneer DDJ-S1)
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Andrew_94 7:53 PM - 19 December, 2013
Last night I was useing itch as normal & when I pressed "save" on a recording it crashed, I dident think much of it since that's all itch does since I got my controller a year ago, but everytime I went to reopen it, it would crash over & over again with the same "itch quit unexpectedly" message. I Tryed restarting my mac and still nothing. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it with the disc and the problem was there! I deleted it again and tryed to download the latest version of Serato DJ , but to no surprise it was doing the same as itch, opening to the load screen and then shutting down! I've tryed both "1.8" & "2.2.2" versions of itch & installed & uninstalled them over & over again and still nothing! I've had nothing but problems with this software since I was forced to use it with my controller over a year ago.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:37 AM - 23 December, 2013
Hey Andrew,

Try navigating to your main music folder and look for the folder named _Serato_, when the program is closed open the recordings folder and move all your previous recordings somewhere else, ie, desktop.

Will the program open now?

If not can you please reply to me with your computers full specs and a list of all USB devices connected. Also can you follow these steps to get me your crash report: serato.com ?

Cheers, Sam
8:06 AM, 6 Jan 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.