DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

new PC help

oxide 1:40 AM - 13 December, 2013
just seeing if anybody else has the Asus A8-4555M, 6GB, 500GB, 13.3in HD, Radeon 8550M, Win 8 and how it is working. i need a new lappy desperately and this is looking like a decent one for all its qualities and price
thanks.
5:22 PM, 13 Dec 2013
Discussion moved to DJing Discussion
oxide 12:45 AM - 14 December, 2013
a friend just linked me to this so this is a good direction for help already serato.com
Code:E 1:02 AM - 14 December, 2013
DO NOT BUY!

Only buy a PC with an Intel CPU
Code:E 1:04 AM - 14 December, 2013
Getting a mac would be your best bet. If not buy a PC with a core i5 or better, 8 GB of ram and a dedicated video card (no intel HD4000/5000 chips).
and try and get windows 7 if you can or buy a computer with windows 8 and remove it and install windows 7.
oxide 5:03 PM - 14 December, 2013
how is the windows 8.1 (that's the good windows 7 conversion?)
oxide 5:04 PM - 14 December, 2013
ya i just picked up this puppy www.memoryexpress.com
looks promising with decent reviews and test reviews on the chip and card
Discobee 8:40 PM - 14 December, 2013
Serato doesn't like Windows 8.
Code:E 9:40 PM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
ya i just picked up this puppy www.memoryexpress.com
looks promising with decent reviews and test reviews on the chip and card

This looks ok.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:57 PM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:

Untrue. I have been running Windows 8 with SL 1 for exactly 1 year with Zero issues.
Code:E 1:39 AM - 15 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Untrue. I have been running Windows 8 with SL 1 for exactly 1 year with Zero issues.

Serato doesn't like windows 8 with some hardware. Some have no problems other have nothing but problems.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:57 AM - 15 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serato doesn't like windows 8 with some hardware. Some have no problems other have nothing but problems.

Then that should be said. The other way around makes it seems as though there are problems all the time.
Code:E 2:12 AM - 15 December, 2013
all the time; %90 of the time, tomato; tamato

its not really that bad. But to be on the safe side the suggestion being made to people is dont use windows 8 yet.
mikep 4:35 AM - 15 December, 2013
I only buy machines with AMD processors and no problems so far. It wasn't AMD that had the floating point decimal issue that made a problem for NASA a while back. Anyway, I know they say many people reported problems with them. I just haven't had issues with them and have used AMD for many years.
DJ DisGrace 5:04 AM - 15 December, 2013
Quote:
I only buy machines with AMD processors and no problems so far. It wasn't AMD that had the floating point decimal issue that made a problem for NASA a while back. Anyway, I know they say many people reported problems with them. I just haven't had issues with them and have used AMD for many years.

serato.com
mikep 6:03 AM - 15 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

I've seen that and posted after reading it again. It's just my preference and relating my experience.
pdidy 10:30 AM - 15 December, 2013
Quote:

WOW, this dude said NASA.....
WHO the fuck dj's at NASA....smmfh
oxide 1:35 AM - 23 December, 2013
solid since i got it, no update yet to 8.1
oxide 2:15 AM - 26 July, 2014
well once again i have had to reinstall the updates the last 4 times using the ttm57sl. at my radio show
this is been very annoying, not sure if anybody can help out.