Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

problems with sound if ddj-s1 set up as delfault soundcard

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Drensk 4:33 PM - 18 November, 2013
Hi everyone!
After installing itch and asio driver from the disc going with my ddj-s1, itch works fine, but other programs like winamp, classic player, sounds from oper\chrome give error and there is no sound from them.
For example if I start itch and start winamp, click track in winamp, winamp give 887800064. If I close Itch winamp also gives the same error. But then the Itch is off, windos media player works perfectly and sistem sounds heard from my earphones.
I try different things, like reinstalling drivers, update asio driver and ddj-s1 driver, instal old version of itch(1.8.0), set different sound card as default and turn off sound card in my laptop.
p.s. sorry for my sad english, im from russia =)
Serato, Support
David Wood 9:26 PM - 26 November, 2013
Hey Drensk,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We don't support Winamp only Serato Software. The Pioneer DDJ-S1 controller when used by the Serato applications ITCH or Serato DJ needs to be available to be grabbed by the software. That is why it's not supposed to be set as the default playback device.

If you want to use your DDJ-S1 as a stand alone soundcard you can if you set it as the default playback device in Sound. However how it functions with or the conflicts with Winamp i'm not sure.

Regards
Dave W
8:04 AM, 11 Dec 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.