Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Cannot get any version of ITCH to work with Novation Twitch Pad.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
adsics 8:37 AM - 10 November, 2013
Have tried many different versions of ITCH, but none were still able to recognize my Twitch. I set Twitch as my primary audio playback, just to test it, and it works fine.

At certain points I was actually able to use a version of ITCH and have it recognize my device, but after only about 5 minutes it started glitching out (the program did NOT crash, but the interaction between the Twitch Pad and ITCH became really glitchy to the point of unusability). I immediately unplugged Twitch and plugged it back in, and now it is not recognized.

I have also downloaded the suggested Novation (2.5) Drivers, but I'm not sure if they help or not. I think they helped in one of the times i tried installing, maybe the one i am referencing above.

My PC does recognize Twitch Pad as an audio device and I can play media through the Twitch Pad and the Volume Sliders work, so the hardware seems functional
adsics 9:19 AM - 10 November, 2013
Also, I should add that when the Twitch Pad is plugged in while ITCH is running, ITCH does not recognize it, but certain lights are illuminated: the Touch Strips, [Hot Cue], and [Swipe] (on both sides) - nothing else.

When ITCH automatically attempts to upgrade my firmware, I always get the Error:1 message and usually the lights change to [LOAD A] and [LOAD B] flickering (not flashing).
adsics 9:33 AM - 10 November, 2013
OK a little more data, for some reason ITCH now decided it would recognize my Novation Twitch, but...

None of the lights on the Twitch came on, and only some of the buttons worked. Basically when i hit a button, it would kind of oscillate on/off and never really be truly ON or OFF.

I was able to go into Setup, and it said my Firmware is up to date, but it still gives me the Error:1 Firmware Update error all the time.

Anyways, so I exited ITCH, then waited 1 second, then loaded ITCH again and now it cannot detect my hardware. the Twitch Pad is plugged in, but all of the lights are off.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:04 AM - 13 November, 2013
Hey adsics,

Could I please have your computers full specs?

Also, can you please try uninstalling the Twitch driver, uninstalling Serato ITCH. Rebooting your machine.

Now can you try installing Serato ITCH from here: serato.com and try connecting your Twitch without drivers.

Let me know how you go,

Sam
8:04 AM, 27 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
adsics 2:31 PM - 2 December, 2013
Alright thanks. I uninstalled ITCH, deleted the Twitch drivers, and rebooted my machine.

The Twitch device is now connected with no drivers installed. It is in normal standby mode (all lights off, except a continuous wave pattern across the touch strips).

When I go here to download ITCH 2.2.2, no download starts and there is no option for manual download:
serato.com
Am I missing something?
Am I required to use Serato DJ instead now?

My full PC specs are:

Case: CoolerMaster HAF-X
Motherboard: ASUS P8 Z77-V Deluxe
CPU: Intel i-7 3770K @ 3.5GHz
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 Vapor-X GHz Edition
RAM: 16gb (2x8) Corsair Vengeance
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair AX 850w

Thank you and sorry for the delay. Holidays you know.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:48 AM - 3 December, 2013
Hey adsics,

No worries about the delay, there should be no problem downloading that file..

In case the link wasn't working for you I have uploaded the zip file to this post. Let me know how you go with that.

Sam
2:48 AM, 3 Dec 2013
Sam GG attached a file: ITCH_2.2.2_Win.zip
Download· Permalink
adsics 2:10 AM - 5 December, 2013
Ok thanks. I will try this and see how it works.
adsics 2:45 AM - 5 December, 2013
OK! Update:

I installed ITCH, plugged in Twitch when asked, and everything seems to have installed correctly.

I can load in songs, press Play on the controller and the song plays. Volume faders work and everything.

However, after only playing with it for a minute or two, it seemed to go haywire (this is the only word I can think of to describe it).

All of a sudden the numbered pads on the bottom are flashing for no reason, or they are all lit up and when I press one the light goes away. I try to change the performace mode from Slicer to Hot Cues and it changes in ITCH, but the lights are still lit up for Slicer. The effects button will not stay lit when I press it. Rather, it just starts flickering instead. None of the Performance Modes (including the numbered pads underneath) seem to be doing what they are supposed to. Almost like some wires got crossed or something.

Very strange.

Do you think this is a software/driver problem, or a problem with the controller itself?
adsics 2:54 AM - 5 December, 2013
Also, more strange things started happening. The touchstrip was illuminated, but I could not select the Swipe or Drop options, neither button would function or light up. When I then touched the touchstrip, the song would just pause for a partial second then continue.

The Pitch knob seems to have highly erratic effects, or sometimes none at all. And now, even after closing down ITCH, all of the lights on Twitch are still illuminated (including the volume lights, even though the volume faders are at zero). When Performance Mode is set to Slicer, number pads 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 are not lit up; 5 and 7 are orange; and 8 is green.

Like I said, really really strange behavior. It seemed to work fine for about 60 seconds, then quickly devolve into chaos.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

P.S. I can post pictures/video if you need.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:39 PM - 5 December, 2013
Hey adsics,

That sounds pretty odd,

Can you try different USB ports on your machine and possibly a different USB cable? If you connect the controller to a different computer do you get the same issues?

Have you tried reinstalling the Novation 1.1 driver: www.novationmusic.com ?

Sam
8:06 AM, 20 Dec 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.