Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

My Pioneer DDJ SX is at service repair for a month now !!

Dj Delta-Vita 11:30 AM - 8 November, 2013
At June i started a help request : serato.com

I've sent my pioneer early of October to the Pioneer service at Athens Greece Intersys and they have'nt repair it yet couse they can't.They have told me that they send an email at Pioneer Belgium and Europe and they haven't replyed yet non of them...
What can i do ? Can Serato company help with my problem ?
I just want them to replace my unit with a new one and keep working !

Thanx
Dj Delta-Vita 2:29 PM - 8 November, 2013
Wow wow update...i have another user with the same problem !!! Watchwww.youtube.com

So serato is software problem or hardware problem ?
Dj MacMillz 6:26 PM - 8 November, 2013
If you sent in the unit for repair, that's a hardware issue and has nothing to do with serato (software company) your beef is with pioneer and the time it takes to service or in you case, just sit on your gear.

The bug in the video again is related to pioneer and not serato..... Cause he clearly stated it isn't present in his other controllers...

Were all the latest firmware and updates applied for the ddjsx?

Hope all gets sorted out though, that's major bummer.
Dj Delta-Vita 6:30 PM - 8 November, 2013
I dont have any bug with video !!! at pioneer saying that and others ddj-sx have this problem and is serato bug...i thought it was only at my unit this bug but i see and others has the same issue with me....so ?
Dj MacMillz 6:35 PM - 8 November, 2013
The bug isn't there with other SDJ controllers, so that alone narrows it down to select ddjsx owners. SDJ isn't coded differently per controller, it's the same program across the board.

My question to you now is: in what version did this arise? Can you roll back to an older version and eliminate the issue?
Dj Delta-Vita 6:40 PM - 8 November, 2013
i have change to any version...the problem is there with others ddj controllers too...
look here Watchwww.youtube.com is another one user with the same issue...
at pioneer Greece they have told me that have tested 2 more ddj sx and they had the same issue
DJ Sidies 12:52 PM - 9 November, 2013
Press shift and jog mode then this will go away
Dj Delta-Vita 6:57 PM - 10 November, 2013
Dj Sidies did you have tha same issue ?
DJ Sidies 9:51 PM - 10 November, 2013
Yes it happens sometimes. Did my tip work? Im sure in the next firmware update it will go
DJ Sidies 9:52 PM - 10 November, 2013
I tole my friend at pioneer and he said they are already know about it. & a fix will be in the next update
Dj Delta-Vita 9:22 AM - 11 November, 2013
Thank you Sidies for the info, Can serato confirm that ?
Dj Delta-Vita 9:51 AM - 11 November, 2013
Quote:
Thank you Sidies for the info, Can serato confirm that ?

My pioneer is at service so i call them to confirm it (shift+jogmode)
Dj Delta-Vita 10:25 AM - 11 November, 2013
Update , the confirmed from Pioneer Service that the issue stops if you press shift+jog mode
...so will they fixed for sure at the next firmware update ?
DJ Sidies 4:28 PM - 11 November, 2013
Thats what i have been told
Dj Delta-Vita 4:30 PM - 11 November, 2013
i start praying....but is very strange that no one else noticed this serious bug though
Dj MacMillz 6:10 PM - 11 November, 2013
So to be clear this issue is on the pioneer side of things??
Dj Delta-Vita 6:52 PM - 11 November, 2013
No till stop being a issue from Pioneer 😀
Unit:E 1:51 AM - 12 November, 2013
It happens to me occasionally, but once I reload the song it stops. I think sometimes i hit the shift button while jogging and that has something to do with it.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:18 AM - 12 November, 2013
I have tested (Press shift and jog mode then this will go away) I have been on for a few hours now it seems to go away, Hope they Fix it soon, I wonder how along they new about it & its been along time since they have Updated the firmware.....DDJ-SX & I have Stopped using it live at my gigs, Every-week I have been using my NS6 Numark and been happy with it but his week I will be Testing it can't wait.

Thanks DJ Sidies
DJ HOT FEVER 5:30 AM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
It happens to me occasionally, but once I reload the song it stops. I think sometimes i hit the shift button while jogging and that has something to do with it.

Strange, I have loaded many songs and it it not go away & once in a blue moon it fixed its self...(Press shift and jog mode then this will go away) so far so good, has it happen to you after you Press shift and jog mode then this will go away????
,,,Great Tip, I don't think all the techs at pioneer know about it, I have been on the phone from pioneer quebec support.
Unit:E 8:25 AM - 12 November, 2013
Haven't tried this tip but I will next time.
Dj Delta-Vita 1:33 PM - 12 November, 2013
Hope they will fix it soon...i have send an email to Pioneer but they did'nt reply 2 weeks now !!! Can Serato say to pioneer about this issue ?
DJ HOT FEVER 2:15 PM - 12 November, 2013
What does pressing those button suppose to do...because Every button is mapped???in general
Dj Delta-Vita 9:12 AM - 16 November, 2013
Serato i am asking again...can you contact with Pioneer to confirm this firmware bug ?
djcrap 7:27 PM - 17 November, 2013
This is why i love Rane when it comes to customer support with there products when it comes to repairs. Some times i wish this the ddj sx was a Rane controler. So i would have to worry about dealing with the stress of horrible customer service from any other dj equipment company
djcrap 7:28 PM - 17 November, 2013
I mean would not
DJ H0T FEVER 5:12 AM - 19 November, 2013
This Past Weekend and had back to back gigs, I have tested the Fix, Press shift and jog mode then this will go away, I Used it twice and it seems to work, I sent an email to Pioneer asking them when will it be fixed or do I need it to be service and waiting for response still ?

I don't want the warranty to run out and they still don't have a firmware fix for it, I downloaded the new Serato DJ 1.5.2 that was release today and will test it also but I doubt it will work.....I have had this issues for many months, I wonder how long they knew about the problem??? and what the key and jog together do????,,,DJ HOT FEVER
Dj Delta-Vita 11:05 AM - 19 November, 2013
DJ H0T FEVER +1
DJ HOT FEVER 6:02 PM - 22 November, 2013
I called Pioneer, They did not event take my Serial Number or Give me a Case Number & all they said is it will be forward to Engineers of Pioneer and if there is many people having the same issue then they will look at the problem not the answer. I was looking for, Everyone of Us with the Issue should be important. Pioneer told me that he don't have access to you-tube, to look at my issue. either. I ask them what doe's the Shift Button and the Log wheel do together & he told me that the engineers only have that information, pioneer Put a Product that is Midi and every button is program for a function and they could not even tell me that?. I waited for 30 Minutes on the phone to get hold of the tech and was given wrong support number twice. Not Very Happy with Pioneer techs & they have given there service to a third party company for repairs, nothing in Toronto & I have to take it Brampton. The tech told my that my problem is rare and never heard of it & very quick and did not even ask anyone else.
Dj Delta-Vita 10:56 AM - 23 November, 2013
I think only Serato can solve our problem through Pioneer... but...
DJ H0T FEVER 2:03 PM - 23 November, 2013
Quote:
I think only Serato can solve our problem through Pioneer... but...

But???........Have you called the service Centre & can you get with too write, the problem that they submitted to pioneer & confirm that they found the issue ?
Dj Delta-Vita 3:50 PM - 23 November, 2013
i have email Pioneer Europe but i got this email :

"We are sorry for the delayed reply, it has been discussed with the service
manager. If you still encounter problems with your unit than you should
contact Intersys, they are responsible for the after sales service in your
country. The decision to replace the unit is theirs as it is a local
matter. If you encounter problems with Intersys please let us know."

They dont even confirmed the issue :(

Cpme on Serato, help us with this !!!
DJ H0T FEVER 6:15 PM - 23 November, 2013
If Pioneer is a good company, they should stand by there product, so sad that they won't admit the problem and address it to the consumer that its even being fixed in a firmware or to bring it in a service centre and not wasting are time when we can be enjoying the product. All I want to hear is bring it in or upgrade the firmware or drivers.
DJ H0T FEVER 6:16 PM - 23 November, 2013
Not all users are having this problem & have a few friends that don't have no issues, Must be a manufacture issue.????.
Dj Delta-Vita 9:23 AM - 28 November, 2013
As Serato said yes
Dj Delta-Vita 11:32 AM - 13 December, 2013
Still waiting for a official answer from Serato :(
DJ HOT FEVER 5:47 AM - 15 December, 2013
Here is another thing, I have purchased DDJ-SR & it did the same thing, if pioneer is aware of the issue why it would still happen with there new model, I got it as a backup to the DDJ-SX...........Now, I'm stuck????????too different notebook's same thing.

Have you reloaded your mac OS and which version, OX-X 10.8.5 (I am using)
Dj Delta-Vita 5:11 PM - 15 December, 2013
So you think is Serato problem and not Pioneer ?
DJ Sidies 6:43 PM - 15 December, 2013
As I have said above I was told my a pioneer rep that it's a firmwear issue!!!!
DJ HOT FEVER 7:01 PM - 15 December, 2013
Strange the problem has happen with the DDJ-SR and it was just released, I have picked one up two weeks and same issue.
DJ HOT FEVER 7:02 PM - 15 December, 2013
I be leave it came out in November or September to the market
Dj Delta-Vita 12:36 PM - 16 December, 2013
very strange that....
DJ HOT FEVER 1:14 AM - 1 January, 2014
Quote:
very strange that....

Did you get your DDJ SX Back Yet?
DJ HOT FEVER 1:20 AM - 1 January, 2014
Same Issue with the DDJ-SR & DDJ SX they both have different firmware I be-leave. The Same Notebook with the Numark NS6 and it doe's not happen, Really do I Take Both Controllers for Repair, LOL...Maybe its a Driver issue, I Wonder if both controllers use the same Driver or some same code????? Any Idea's Anyone.
Dj Delta-Vita 11:23 AM - 1 January, 2014
yes i ve got it back but the issue remains there...no any answer from pioneer or serato to confirm it...very strange that
DJ HOT FEVER 7:17 PM - 6 January, 2014
Quote:
yes i ve got it back but the issue remains there...no any answer from pioneer or serato to confirm it...very strange that

What are the specs of your Mac OS and Hardware???

Its happens many times in one night for my self... DDJ SX And DDJ SR....I don't thinks its hardware...

I have upgraded to 8gb ram...same Issue Happened
I Thought of Rebuilding OS from Scratch
And Crates. ...Too Much Work.... I Need it Every week ready for my gig.... It will take days.
DJ H0T FEVER 5:53 PM - 11 January, 2014
DDJ SX Went Crazy, with Volume Levels Jumping with out in touching it & All The Same Issue Below Got Worse, I have to Press Shift and Jog to Repair it a few times last night
Quote:
DJ Rocking Ray 9:24 PM - 15 January, 2014
Although Serato has nothing to do with pioneer... I have to say is that I sent my DDJ-SX back to pioneer at the beginning of December for a problem that happened to the LED/LCD display got loose on my left jogwheel which was causing hesitation wheel response and scraping the clear window....
I got it back two days after christmas, the problem was fixed HOWEVER the top cover has buckling and lifting up from the unit... I have contacted Pioneer a few times in a two week period and they never responded to me with a restitution!
DJ H0T FEVER 5:25 AM - 16 January, 2014
Hi, DJ Rocking Ray

Great to have you Join us, Started feel lone.

Have you had the same issue, that I have posted Below.
Watchwww.youtube.com

1) What is the Manufacture Date of your DDJ SX, Just Wondering if the is a common date.
2) Have you had the same issue, that I have posted Below:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Hi, DJ Rocking Ray
Quote:
Although Serato has nothing to do with pioneer... I have to say is that I sent my DDJ-SX back to pioneer at the beginning of December for a problem that happened to the LED/LCD display got loose on my left jogwheel which was causing hesitation wheel response and scraping the clear window....
I got it back two days after christmas, the problem was fixed HOWEVER the top cover has buckling and lifting up from the unit... I have contacted Pioneer a few times in a two week period and they never responded to me with a restitution!
DJ Rocking Ray 6:14 AM - 16 January, 2014
Hi DJ Hot Fever,
The date of Manufacture is Feb 2013 SN#MBHN008828UC.
You issue sounds as though you would be pressing "SHIFT" at the same time you would turn the jogwheel.. But when you actually do that the lights on the SX will dim!

My issue was a mechanical issue where they had to replace the who jog-wheel assembly on the left side being that an internal part was detaching, I hope to post a video on you tube about it soon.. However the whole process took a whole month, 2 weeks to and return shipping, 2 weeks for them to complete the repair! The unit is now working 100% correct but I have an issue when the reassembled my unit as a result my top panel buckles and lifts off away from the unit in a few spots.

Ironically after writing my last post, I open up my email and got an approval for my current unit to be exchange with an rma number.. I wrote back to this person and asked them what the turn around time would be and told them that I have a few gigs upcoming in the next few weeks and I was planning on using my SX instead of carrying my two 1200s or Denon DNS3700 and a mixer. So I asked them and they granted me an "Advance Exchange" where the bill me for another sx for a security deposit and refund it when they receive the current one back. I am going ahead with it because I want to examine and check all operations of the replacement before I go any further before I send back my current unit! Lets see how that goes!
Cheers!
PS: I have sent back one of my Denon DNS3700 decks back to Denon and I have to say it was quicker and very neat job than when pioneer serviced my sx..

Quote:
Hi, DJ Rocking Ray

Watchwww.youtube.com

1) What is the Manufacture Date of your DDJ SX, Just Wondering if the is a common date.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Hi, DJ Rocking Ray
Quote:
DJ H0T FEVER 5:51 AM - 17 January, 2014
My DDJ SX Pioneer Manufacture date is March 2013, I don't have to press shift and it will randomly, Keeps Returning, It Started once a night and now it happen a few times a night in the past couple of weeks. & Strange the DDJ-SR is doing the Same thing. I would like to test my ddj on another notebook for a few hours and see what happens with a fresh installation. Pioneer has not bring a firmware update for a long time 1.07 is the same, i wonder if there was issues around that time Mines in March and your in Feb...hmmm, I am running out of idea's

Quote:
Hi, DJ Rocking Ray

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Hi, DJ Rocking Ray
Quote:
Dj Delta-Vita 8:37 AM - 17 January, 2014
I upload as soon as i can a video that explains how this bug can happen in 1 minute (and less :p)
shadow23 7:18 PM - 17 January, 2014
I can't say I have any issues with the DDJ-SR
DJ H0T FEVER 2:11 AM - 18 January, 2014
Hey, DEEJAY....What is your Manufacture date on your SX

Quote:
I upload as soon as i can a video that explains how this bug can happen in 1 minute (and less :p)
DJ HOT FEVER 5:25 AM - 4 February, 2014
I took my DDJ-SX to a Service Centre in Brampton & Pioneer, told them they have seen the issue before and its repairable and they shipped it to Montreal with a RMA Number Attached, Now, I am waiting for distributor to ship a new one back or they will repair it, repair centre in Brampton told me its not repairable but they never make it re-cure, I be leave, Hope they give me a new one with this year manufacture date, I hope.
DJ HOT FEVER 10:41 PM - 15 February, 2014
I will have a Replacement this week for the DDJ SX, I will keep you posted.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:24 AM - 3 March, 2014
I got my Replacement, I had ask them to change the color to white for a change and the replacement is manufactured in Nov 2013 vs March 2013, its newer to started with. Strange Enough its much better but it still started Happening. the last two weeks maybe 3 times only compared to 6 or 7 times a night......No Idea whats next????

1) I started to rebuild my whole Serato Library from Scratch from my other MacBook Pro.?????.....I am praying???Now.......but it will take a long time

2) I don't think its the Library Because my Numark NS6 has no Problems and Never had this problem?

DOE'S ANY ONE KNOW IS THERE AWAY OF REPLACING THE DDJ-SX DRIVER ON A MACBOOK PRO, ??????? Because it Might Be a Driver Issue, The MacBOOK is Suppose to Detect and there is no download from Pioneer Website for Mac;;;;Lets say the Driver is Corrupted on a Mac, How do I go about fixing this without Reloading the OS from Scratch???..
DJ H0T FEVER 3:57 AM - 20 March, 2014
Has Anyone Re-Configured the Mac Driver or find a way to fix issue yet ??? with Pioneer DDJ SX
DJ HOT FEVER 5:43 AM - 30 March, 2014
Has any one find out a fix yet, with the time line crazy!!!!
DJ HOT FEVER 4:51 AM - 23 April, 2014
I have tried Everything from reloading the Mac book pro and the time line still skips, trying to find out a fix for why this is happening, I Got my Controller replaced with Nov 11 2013 & I still have the time line skips, Whats the odds of a defective ddj sx again & have the same issue with the ddj sr. Trying too find a fix, I should not have to press shift and jog wheel key 8 times a night to temporary fix the issue, My Numark NS6,Doe's not have this issue and works with all my music,,,,,,,,,This is Mad
Dj Delta-Vita 7:42 AM - 23 April, 2014
Still i ve got the same issue...i think is seratp bug and not pioneers
DJ Sidies 8:50 AM - 23 April, 2014
Try doing a clean install on ur mac
DJ HOT FEVER 1:09 PM - 23 April, 2014
I have already Reloaded the Mac from Scratch....DJ Sidies

DJ Delta-Vita......Well if its a Serato Bug...How come My Numark NS6 Doe's not have a problem? ???Unless it a pioneer driver issue with some mac's
Dj Delta-Vita 1:10 PM - 23 April, 2014
Maybe
DJ HOT FEVER 1:51 PM - 23 April, 2014
Here are My Specs for Macbook Pro 15-inch, Mid 2009, 3.06 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Deo, 8gb 1067 Mhz, DDR3, OS X 10.8.5 (Same thing with Mavrick)

Just Wondering what are your specs???
Dj Delta-Vita 1:53 PM - 23 April, 2014
15 "Late 2011 i7 samsung ssd 256 gb 8 giga ram
DJ HOT FEVER 2:10 PM - 23 April, 2014
Wow, Much Newer and being a i7 is a good thing, I have upgraded to SSD, 1tb & Ram is the same, I thought maybe its my processor, My other Notebooks do the same thing. I don't know either to buy a new notebook but that maybe a waste of time either. I have used a different music library that i rebuilt all the crates and reloaded the notebooks.

Unless there is a setting in the serato dj, I am afraid to buy the Pioneer DJ-SZ & My Pioneer DJ SR is having the same issue's

I AM LOST AND NOW WHERE to Go with this. ?????????
DJ HOT FEVER 2:11 PM - 23 April, 2014
I wonder if the driver is the same on DDJ-SX & DDJ-SR
DJ HOT FEVER 2:30 AM - 29 April, 2014
I Found, that if you put the sync on and when it time line starts too jump, you get to the setup and disable the sync and it goe's away, but the scratching is still off and not clear, when you turn is back on it starts happening again....strange????????

I think its a Sync buggy but it still happen without it but act different what is you experience ?????????
Mike from Chicago 8:03 PM - 29 April, 2014
Quote:

Stay on Pioneer, don't let the fast busy phone calls, their middle of the day contact window or closing down for lunch sway you from getting it fixed. The SX is notorious for the buckling faceplate, I had 2 units with the same issues and it was kept inside. Granted it took a year for the Aluminum faceplate to deform but when Pioneer shipped me back the sealed box replacement and it was wrapped worse, that was the straw that broke the camels back. I don't mean to take the focus off the SX but I purchased the NS7ii and haven't been happier; it's just a matter of different workflow.
DJ HOT FEVER 8:31 PM - 29 April, 2014
Its Sad that Pioneer, Don't have a Service Directly, they now have service centers what do it for them, I had my CDJ-400 fixed directly at pioneer, My Warranty Ended, Hope i don't get a run around from them. Strange they give me a brand new one from the distributor at the same issue occurs. I really enjoy my NS6, but the NS7ii is too Heavy to carry everywhere,

Your Issue was the Time Line Going Crazy Right ??????

Mike from Chicago

Thanks
DJ HOT FEVER 4:36 AM - 7 May, 2014
I am still having Issues with 2 Controllers.....Pioneer DDJ SX & DDJ SR
Why Both Controllers and Different Notebooks, Any One Can Tell Me ?????? Life is a Living Hell, Jog and Shift Key is No Answer to the real problem, Can't be my Music Library, No Problems, On Other Controllers. Must Be a Reason, Pioneer Has No Center Directly to show the issue, they have service center but they don't know the Issue,
Dj Delta-Vita 11:01 AM - 7 May, 2014
Me either...but serato support team didn't event wrote a word on this discussion :(
DJ H0T FEVER 5:08 PM - 7 May, 2014
Serato Support Team has No Clue & Pioneer has Got no Firmware updates or Driver updates for the SX, In this DJ Slide Discussion was Told about the Firmware Update and they know about it, Pioneer might have done that to shut the issue out of the door.

Why is this a Random issue, you would think more users would bring this up??????? My Warranty has been expired & I have been waiting for a fix & why would the DDJ-SX/DDJ-SR & My Replacement DDJ-SX Had the Same issue with Different Laptops and with Fresh reloads and a Library Reload and end of the Day Numark NS6 with No Issues at all What's Left.....Too Bad Pioneer Don't have a Board LIke Serato & Why Don't Serato Say Anything to Us????

Possible:

1) Firmware Upgrade
2) Pioneer Driver, Does it Share the same driver with the DDJ SR & SX
3) If a Major Flaw in all Pioneer and they won't admit too it, Maybe Manufactured in Different Locations.
4) Pioneer is Hiding the Issue by hind, Service Centre, They Don't have a Direct Location No more.
DJ H0T FEVER 4:54 AM - 20 May, 2014
Still Waiting for Responce
DJ H0T FEVER 4:54 AM - 20 May, 2014
Still Waiting for Response
DJ Quartz 1:36 AM - 21 May, 2014
@ Delta-Vita & H0T FEVER

Please put in support requests here, do not rely on the forum for support. Serato representatives do come in time to time but the problem(s) needs to be reported.

serato.com
Dj Delta-Vita 1:18 PM - 21 May, 2014
i have allready put it long time ago serato.com
DJ HOT FEVER 3:03 PM - 26 May, 2014
i have already put it long time Ago, Second That. with DJ DELTA-VITA
DJ HOT FEVER 5:24 AM - 9 June, 2014
Pioneer Sent Me a Message, I will be making a Video of Issue with Different Views, I will Post Something Soon
Dj Delta-Vita 11:33 AM - 10 June, 2014
good
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:12 PM - 10 June, 2014
Anyone ever get anything serviced by a local authorized repair center?

I'm fighting with Pioneer about the SX mic issue now and I may be able to take it to an authorized repair center local (so I don't have to be without my unit for 2-3 weeks). Curious if anyone has done that?

Anyone get the mic fixed by pioneer? Did it make a difference?
pdidy 9:29 PM - 10 June, 2014
Did any of you guys think to post this on the pioneer forum and if so post a link ?
DJ HOT FEVER 1:07 AM - 14 June, 2014
I have Posted on Pioneers and no luck Yet
pdidy 11:08 PM - 14 June, 2014
Quote:

Link please ?
DJ HOT FEVER 4:38 AM - 4 July, 2014
Don't know why Pioneer has not done anything yet......Maybe someone will find a solution on serato site at some point.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:34 AM - 16 July, 2014
Pioneer Has Not Responded Back....either, but i am working on a video to send them of the problem, If any of have a video please post it here, i will forward it to pioneer and pray....
pdidy 3:37 AM - 16 July, 2014
Quote:

Can we get the link to the post on pioneer or is it a secret ? lol
DJ HOT FEVER 10:26 PM - 28 July, 2014
I been working on a video that will show it better...in a few weeks i will post it....Any of you have made a video of the problem yet...please post
pdidy 11:31 PM - 28 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Can we get the link to the post on pioneer or is it a secret ? lol

still no link ?
DJ HOT FEVER 2:22 AM - 28 August, 2014
Its Been Crazy at my End, Video still in progress. I will Test the New Serato with 1.7 AND SEE IF ISSUE STILL Ac curs and then post....
DJ HOT FEVER 3:48 AM - 12 September, 2014
I Found Serato still have issues with 1.7, Has anyone else tested it.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:11 AM - 25 September, 2014
I have been busy with spinning every weekend, but has anyone here Test Serato DJ 1.7 Yet with Time Line Jumping????? I have been still having issues with Time Line Jumping in all of the Versions to date, I will Video Record it and post it on you tube soon.....thanks
DJ HOT FEVER 5:42 AM - 20 October, 2014
I Found Serato still have issues with 1.7.1, Has anyone else tested it.
deejdave 6:39 PM - 20 October, 2014
Lots of people using SDJ 1.7 with no issues. Not sure what you mean by time line jumping. Is this supposed to be needle search or beat skip or something? If you mean cue point jumping with DVS that is working 100% as well www.dropbox.com
DJ HOT FEVER 6:46 PM - 20 October, 2014
Here is Mine Video, I have Posted it almost a year. with On Going Issue, New Version Serato 1.7.1 still remains..
deejdave 7:16 PM - 20 October, 2014
It looks to me like your shift button is acting up or something. I have never seen your issue nor can I reproduce it. I have SX, SZ, SP1, NS7II, 900SRT, SL4 & Rane 64 with four Macbooks and I can honestly say I have never encountered such an issue.

Do all the other buttons work as intended? With how much the song is jumping when you tough the platter it really seems as if the shift button was active. Also is this both decks?
DJ HOT FEVER 8:14 PM - 20 October, 2014
All the Buttons do Work & I have the Unit Replaced DDJ-SX & DDJ-SR Allso has the Same Issue, 5 Sec from start of song to finish & it will happen with both decks, I Do Own a Numark NS6 with No Issues, it seems only with pioneer, it happens about 5 Times a Night. only way to fix it is with the Shift & Jog Button. Its Driving Me Mental.
deejdave 8:29 PM - 20 October, 2014
Hmmm. How about the laptop? Have you ever tried with a different laptop? I am not saying it isn't the Pioneer decks but maybe it's not a "broken" sort of thing but maybe more of an incompatibility with the Pioneer hardware & laptop. The DDJ-SR & SX use almost the same hardare I am guessing the firmware's are also very similar. I would be very curious to see how things played out on a different machine. I have heard of plenty similar situations with the SR's but not so much the SX.
DJ HOT FEVER 11:41 PM - 20 October, 2014
Have Tested with 3 Different Mac Book Pro
deejdave 1:48 AM - 21 October, 2014
Wow!! Have you seen any others with the issues you are experiencing? What year/processor MacBook's have you tested on? If it helps I have four and I can try duplicating on the most similar one I have.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:58 PM - 21 October, 2014
There is Dj Delta-Vita. who has the same issue, Above.
I will get information Soon, Regarding Notebook Models
deejdave 12:29 AM - 22 October, 2014
Please do. I just watched his video. CRAZINESS indeed as is yours.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:03 AM - 22 October, 2014
Here is the First One, Get the Other One Soon
MacBook 13-inch Mid 2010, 4GB.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:21 AM - 22 October, 2014
Here is the Second One
MacBook Pro 15-Inch Mid 2009, 8GB
There is another Macbook but it Died, Might need to replace the ram

Thanks
deejdave 10:14 PM - 22 October, 2014
Ahh. Unfortunately the oldest I am running are two 2012's and they are both I7's with 8GB+ of RAM. I do have an older 2008 but I don't use it with SDJ as it doesn't handle it to well being only Core2Duo and 4 GB RAM.

Out of curiosity have you tried on an I7 or even a newer MacBook Pro? Not trying to undermine your laptops (or insult in ANY way) as I have heard plenty of people having success with 2010 MacBook Pro's.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:26 AM - 23 October, 2014
My NS6 Notebook works perfect, Strance, I don't have access anything new now, I would love to test it
deejdave 10:48 PM - 23 October, 2014
Gonna sound weird but it is actually NOT that uncommon to bring your controller to a store with MacBooks for "compatibility" purposes. I bet you have different results. I understand you don't have issues with the NS6 which is why I am thinking it may be a compatibility issue. I am not sure of this but I highly doubt the system requirements change by device. The only things that could affect it are actions & plugins on the software itself......... I think.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:53 AM - 29 October, 2014
True, I sent My Pioneer DDJ-SX back to Pioneer Black Version and asked for a white one, I New the Manufacture date is newer. Pioneer Used to Have a Drop off Center in Toronto. Now there is only one service center in Mississauga. They Really Don't Know them self. Pioneer Service used to be great. I Might Rent a New Mac Book and Test it and see if then happens???
DJ HOT FEVER 6:52 PM - 19 November, 2014
Still Issues with Time Line Jump, i have not Rented notebook, will keep it post soon.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:24 AM - 9 December, 2014
DJ Delta Vita, Have You Been having same issues ??
pdidy 6:38 AM - 9 December, 2014
DJ HOT FEVER 5:40 AM - 13 January, 2015
Same Issue with DDJ SX & SZ, I think its a Pioneer Bug in there drivers, my Numark NS6 has no issues, I have sold my DDJ-SX and went back using the NS6 but now i have beening using the DDJ SZ, still happens, help me lord, Has anyone using the DDJ-SX2 and have the same issue ????
deejdave 5:18 PM - 13 January, 2015
I use BOTH the SX and SZ and this happens on neither.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:42 PM - 13 January, 2015
Its Been a Long Time, Dee J Dave, Must Be Some Issue with Compatibly with Mac book Pro or something with Pioneer Drivers, a cross all models of pioneer, The drivers are a common?. new models come out still same.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:06 AM - 30 January, 2015
Deejdave, Same issues with the DDJ,SX * DDJ-SZ * SR, What a Trend here, I have the same issue with all of them.
deejdave 2:25 AM - 31 January, 2015
I am still wondering if this is not a "bug" at all but more of a compatibility issue with your system and Pioneer (DDJ) controllers. The SB, SX & SZ use very similar firmwares (I would assume) so the code triggering something wacky may be present in all similar platforms.

Just seems to coincidental that it is all Pioneer controllers you have tried yet I can not duplicate this if I wanted to.

Again (I don't remember if you answered this) have you tried on a different laptop?
DJ HOT FEVER 8:36 PM - 31 January, 2015
Here are my notebooks Models, Wonder what model Dj Delta-Vita??

deejdave Here are my specs

1) Macbook Pro 5.3
15" Mid 2009, Core 2 Duo, 8GB (DDR3), OS X 10.8.5

2) Macbook 7,1
13" Mid 2010, Core 2 Duo, 4 (DDR3), OS X 10.8.5

3) Macbook Pro, Searching for the Notebook for Details but same issue.
deejdave 12:33 AM - 1 February, 2015
Interesting. Is the third an older model as well. I think they stopped the Core 2 Duo's in 2010 right? I didn't realize you were running core2duo's mostly. I have heard of some pretty whacky behavior on older MacBook's so you are in fact not alone with issues altogether even if this is a more uncommon issue. Possibly a core 2 Duo compatibility issue with the Pioneer gear? I do have a Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro but Serato no longer supports the OS it is on and I don't even feel it is worth upgrading to 10.7 as it is an older machine anyways.

Other than that I am running 4 MBP's but they are all I7's and no older than 2012 so I can't be of much help in attempting to duplicate otherwise I would be all over this for you.

So where we're at currently I am curious if your third is a Core2Duo as well and also what Delta Vita is running as well?
deejdave 12:35 AM - 1 February, 2015
Hmm actually just checked and while his laptop is not current it is not a Core2Duo processor so that rules that theory out.................
DJ HOT FEVER 2:09 AM - 21 February, 2015
I have updated with different Versions of OS and don't make a difference, I beleave Delta Vita is running older hardware as well ?? I will purchase i7 Next, looking for a used one, I will take out the dvd drive and put two hard drives, Solid State Drives. I will be looking for 2012 and older macbook pro's and at least 8gb and 15" screen. Strange my NS6 No Problem, I think your right about being a compatible problem with pioneer hardware. The Pioneer SR gives me the most problems and it might because its usb power and not enough power.
DJ HOT FEVER 10:24 PM - 2 March, 2015
Dee J Dave, I found this notebook
Macbook pro late 2011, i7, Quad Core, 2.2 GHZ 8GB 1600MHZ DDR3
I will put my 1tb Sold State Drive, Spec Looks Good.
What do your Think ???
deejdave 10:49 PM - 2 March, 2015
I think no issues. Unfortunately the closest I have is 2012 but the specs seem legit. My best advice would be to literally open a topic on these very forums titled "2011 MacBook Pro - WILL IT WORK with SDJ?" then list your specs. Reason being is I can completely guarantee the machine will be plenty fast and super reliable but what we are concerned with here is specifically SDJ. Thus you will get direct feedback from someone who has the same MacBook Pro and one of the advantages to using Mac Products is the "mirrored" architecture from one machine to another. Plainly put if you have an individual saying "no issues whatsoever" you are pretty much guaranteed to have the same experience with yours. I know there were some 2010/2011 machines giving users issues but if I can remember correctly they were not the I7's. Still worth opening a unique thread for it though. That's what these forums are for and not for nothing I think we can both agree this is just too important and laptops juts cost too damn much $$$ to chance it. Just based on specs alone you SHOULD be able to get buffer down to 2 ms with Pitch N Time, DVS & any/all FX packs no problem. As long as you do not do too much video I'd assume you found a solid machine.
DJ HOT FEVER 11:33 PM - 2 March, 2015
Your Amazing, Wow you wrote a whole story here. Thx
I do Video DJ all-so, I be-leave its a solid machine i found, 90 day warranty and 3 days full refund if needed.
deejdave 11:40 PM - 2 March, 2015
Sounds like a no lose situation then.
deejdave 11:42 PM - 2 March, 2015
btw just a heads up the newest version of SDJ will be posted in a few hours but here it is serato.com
DJ HOT FEVER 11:45 PM - 2 March, 2015
New Version a Beta or Full Release ???

Thanks a Lot Boss, I just open a new discussion and see what happens.
deejdave 11:49 PM - 2 March, 2015
This is beta. Best time to get involved though as any and all issues that arise have a MUCH better chance of getting addressed directly prior to full release. Kinda like if you see something say something. We as Serato users re truly blessed to have the developers offer such a direct line of support.

Also you get users listing their setups and you will notice what machines are running flawlessly and which ones are experiencing issues.
DJ HOT FEVER 11:54 PM - 2 March, 2015
I do use beta, I experience has been great with them, but have not had time recently, Only Issue has been the Timeline Issue.
deejdave 11:57 PM - 2 March, 2015
True that. I wish you luck. I'll be tracking your other thread to see the results you get. The people (users included) are actually VERY helpful as compared to other forums so I am sure you will get some decent feedback.
DJ HOT FEVER 12:02 AM - 3 March, 2015
Nice, Thanks have a good night, Maybe on the weekend i will try bata
deejdave 12:04 AM - 3 March, 2015
You are very welcome.
DJ HOT FEVER 12:15 AM - 4 March, 2015
Dee J Dave
I found this one, Any input

1) $1150
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
Here are the specs:
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 500GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Display: Antiglare (1680 x 1050)
The laptop is in mint condition.

2) $1090
2012 Mid Macbook 15.4 inch macbook pro i7
comes with 2.2G Quad i7 CPU
8G RAM , 750G hard drive
deejdave 2:22 AM - 4 March, 2015
You are now speaking more my language. While the first example would reflect a more than likely chance of success you are now in the realm of guaranteed. Being you plan to go with a little bit of Serato Video I would suggest option 1 for better video performance. Are either of the options Retina? If possible I would try to avoid.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:51 AM - 4 March, 2015
No Retina on either, But why don't you suggest it ??
DJ HOT FEVER 3:53 AM - 4 March, 2015
The Second one, I don't think it's real, i think its a misprint because i can't find a 2012 with that processor, i think it really is a 2011 Model.
deejdave 3:55 AM - 4 March, 2015
Retina's work fine and are awesome computers but a.) Retina is not even supported by Serato DJ and B.) Even if it was it adds nothing to the capabilities thus equals in power being used up by the laptop display that could be used in the actual performance instead.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:02 AM - 4 March, 2015
Dee J Dave, Well Put.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:02 AM - 4 March, 2015
What 2012 Models do you use ?
deejdave 4:04 AM - 4 March, 2015
2.9GHZ Dual Core I7's. One is stock with 8 GB RAM and 750 GB HDD while the other is 16 GB RAM and 500 GB SSD.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:09 AM - 4 March, 2015
This one is upgradable, but i prefer Native no boast
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
deejdave 4:19 AM - 4 March, 2015
Yes just be careful. With the newer MAcBook Pro's the RAM is no longer upgradable as it is soldered into the chipset. Even the SSD becomes tricky at times with the newer ones. Again I believe this is an issue exclusive to the Retina's as they try to save as much space as possible so custom becomes the answer many times. 2012 is a great year and I have not heard any issues like I have with the 2011's and 2010's.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:27 AM - 4 March, 2015
Well. I am a Be-leaver Now. This will be the One

1) $1150
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
Here are the specs:

1) Removing and installing my SSD 1TB
2) Removing The DVD for a Second 1TB
DJ HOT FEVER 4:28 AM - 4 March, 2015
The Winner
DJ HOT FEVER 4:46 AM - 4 March, 2015
Thank Dee J Dave.
deejdave 4:56 AM - 4 March, 2015
You are very welcome. I can't see you having any issues with a beast of a machine like that. I use external and have no issues so you using internal WITH quad core over my dual core's will be even better. My Quad Core's run circles around my dual core's but I just can not get over the amount of power in such a small package thus I use my 13" i7's more than my 15" I7's believe it or not.

Out of curiosity the second drive replacing the optical that will be standard HDD as in rotating platter correct?
DJ HOT FEVER 5:54 AM - 4 March, 2015
I Prefer 15", I Like too see more, music and larger, 17 would be nice but all so little heaver.
Correct Pulling out the DVD and it will be rotation drive, Later date, I might make both SDD. and used my old mac book pro for backup still works fine, Accept for the Time line Issue.lol....Really Hope this will fix my solution. I am sure it will. DDJ-SR Give me the most problems, all so could because its USB Only Powered, the DDJ-SX Happens Less but still happen, Now soon to be New Macbook Pro, I will Pray, Its Gone on too Long and I have gone Crazy, I will book myself in the loonie bin...lol
DJ Tecniq 3:45 PM - 4 March, 2015
Quote:
Dee J Dave
I found this one, Any input

1) $1150
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
Here are the specs:
The laptop is in mint condition.

2) $1090
2012 Mid Macbook 15.4 inch macbook pro i7
comes with 2.2G Quad i7 CPU
8G RAM , 750G hard drive
If you're going to spend this much why not just get a brand new one for a lil more?👀😳 www.bestbuy.com
deejdave 8:05 PM - 4 March, 2015
Few things to keep in mind. Being it is brand new it will probably have Yosemite which is not the best idea yet. Furthermore it is a Retina display which again is wasted power for multiple reasons. Lastly the one you show seems like a decent price BUT whenever I go to Best Buy (which is a LOT being an Elite Plus member 4 years in a row LOL) they have I5 quad core MacBooks for about this price.

Not the worst idea though I would suggest refurbs over anything though as you still get apple care warranty and it is certified so brand new condition guaranteed. Also the prices are kick-ass.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:29 AM - 5 March, 2015
Sad to Report

I Purchased this today.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
Here are the specs:
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 500GB, Upgraded to my Solid State 1tb
Replaced the DVD with 1tb

Tested with My DDJ-SR today.

Results are the same..Oh My God, I must be in Hell.

Few Tracks and started up again, I Convinced it's not laptop now, This is the 3rd Mac book Pro and Mac book, Same Issue.

Controllers
2. DDJ SX
1. DDJ SR
1. DDJ SZ

HMMMMMMMMMM
DJ Tecniq 6:28 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
Sad to Report

I Purchased this today.
Mid 2012 Macbook Pro
Here are the specs:
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 500GB, Upgraded to my Solid State 1tb
Replaced the DVD with 1tb

Tested with My DDJ-SR today.

Results are the same..Oh My God, I must be in Hell.

Few Tracks and started up again, I Convinced it's not laptop now, This is the 3rd Mac book Pro and Mac book, Same Issue.

Controllers
2. DDJ SX
1. DDJ SR
1. DDJ SZ

HMMMMMMMMMM
It is either your firmware or you have a defective unit. I have ran a DDJSR on my laptop which is an old 2010 MacBook Pro and it performed buggy until I upgraded the firmware everything was fine👍
deejdave 6:58 PM - 5 March, 2015
This is crazy. Please at your earliest convenience upload a video of specific problems. Pleas pinpoint specific times at which problems exist and EVERYTHING that was either open or connected.

I will try to duplicate on all four of my MBP's with all three of my DDJ controllers. This is absolute craziness. You are saying now different DDJ controllers on three different machines? I find this weird that I can't duplicate for the life of me.

Also pleas include your buffer settings etc. Also please make sure ALL optimizations are done as shown here support.serato.com Also take care of this as you purchased used and it couldn't hurt support.serato.com................................... do NOT lose hope yet.
DJ Tecniq 7:03 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
This is crazy. Please at your earliest convenience upload a video of specific problems. Pleas pinpoint specific times at which problems exist and EVERYTHING that was either open or connected.

I will try to duplicate on all four of my MBP's with all three of my DDJ controllers. This is absolute craziness. You are saying now different DDJ controllers on three different machines? I find this weird that I can't duplicate for the life of me.

Also pleas include your buffer settings etc. Also please make sure ALL optimizations are done as shown here support.serato.com Also take care of this as you purchased used and it couldn't hurt support.serato.com................................... do NOT lose hope yet.
he already posted the video in his other post and it's quite crazy.
DJ Tecniq 7:07 PM - 5 March, 2015
Video here Watchm.youtube.com
deejdave 7:42 PM - 5 March, 2015
I understand he previously posted a video which is why I know he can post videos. I was hoping for a video with the 2012. I don't really attempt any help when dealing with 2010 or 2011 MacBook's as they are dated machines and known to be insufficient with SDJ. Being he purchased a 2012 though this changes things quite a bit and I am definitely leaning toward this being a DDJ issue. The problem I am having with that idea is it would have had to have been affecting multiple units as he mentions. This sounds like a firmware issue BUT I would think I would be able to duplicate this issue at some point. I am talking 2 1/2 years (almost) of owning and using the DDJ-SX and not seeing this even ONCE. Also the fact that the above posted button combo fixes the issue screams firmware.

The good news is he has a great machine for SDJ now and just has to get this hammered out. Unfortunately I feel as Serato support may not be able to help too much with this issue. Furthermore Pioneer support on the forum & communication side sucks so that pretty much leaves this at sending in the unit for repair. I would also like to see the final outcome of this as I only have 10 months left on my DDJ-SX's warranty and if this is a widespread problem I don't want to have to cover the repair and shipping costs.

SO if you do get around to it could you post a video and maybe keep in mind a method or sequence in which you could always reproduce this issue and I will follow step by step to see if I can duplicate myself.
DJ Tecniq 7:51 PM - 5 March, 2015
It's odd that this would be happening on a 2012 machine so since his firmware is already up to date like he claims then I'd have to assume the unit is defective which is shitty. If he's had this problem with 3 different computers then it has to be the unit. The fact he mentioned it happens with no other controllers it's likely the unit. My final suggestion is to get it repaired or looked at.👍 good luck
deejdave 10:13 PM - 5 March, 2015
He actually said the exact opposite.
Quote:
Here is another thing, I have purchased DDJ-SR & it did the same thing

If I remember correctly he didn't have this issue with his Numark controller but has happened with all Pioneer DDJ controllers he has tried thus far. He did say however that he has friends who do not have this issue but that is the same as me saying I don't. He and we are all aware that this is not widespread but we are trying to pinpoint what is going on specifically for him.

I do agree that this may still be hardware though. In all honesty what else could it be at this point. My original question is was it a compatibility issue (being the DDJ controllers use similar chipsets and firmware) which is being triggered with his specific software etc. or was this literally bad luck x 2?

ANYWAYS I feel he approaching the point where it may be out of his hands. In other words obtaining an RMA and sending it into Pioneer may be in order.
DJ Tecniq 1:07 AM - 6 March, 2015
Has to be the unit. I can confirm this doesn't happen with my friends DDJSX and SR. I've used both but I think he may of had a 2013 model MacBook Pro.
deejdave 1:20 AM - 6 March, 2015
Has to be the unit's plural as this happened to both his DDJ-SX and DDJ-SR.
pdidy 2:12 AM - 6 March, 2015
Hmmmm.......My spidy senses are tingling.......somethin's not quite right here......yep
DJ HOT FEVER 2:26 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
I understand he previously posted a video which is why I know he can post videos. I was hoping for a video with the 2012. I don't really attempt any help when dealing with 2010 or 2011 MacBook's as they are dated machines and known to be insufficient with SDJ. Being he purchased a 2012 though this changes things quite a bit and I am definitely leaning toward this being a DDJ issue. The problem I am having with that idea is it would have had to have been affecting multiple units as he mentions. This sounds like a firmware issue BUT I would think I would be able to duplicate this issue at some point. I am talking 2 1/2 years (almost) of owning and using the DDJ-SX and not seeing this even ONCE. Also the fact that the above posted button combo fixes the issue screams firmware.

The good news is he has a great machine for SDJ now and just has to get this hammered out. Unfortunately I feel as Serato support may not be able to help too much with this issue. Furthermore Pioneer support on the forum & communication side sucks so that pretty much leaves this at sending in the unit for repair. I would also like to see the final outcome of this as I only have 10 months left on my DDJ-SX's warranty and if this is a widespread problem I don't want to have to cover the repair and shipping costs.

SO if you do get around to it could you post a video and maybe keep in mind a method or sequence in which you could always reproduce this issue and I will follow step by step to see if I can duplicate myself.

I will work on a Video with full details with the 2012, All so i am building a Drive with All MP4
with new Directory, Structure, I heard that too many Directory s can cause funny things can happen.
deejdave 2:26 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Hmmmm.......My spidy senses are tingling.......somethin's not quite right here......yep

Without a doubt BUT not for nothing........................... I LIKE this guy. He (unlike many people here) listens the first time and is willing to do what it takes to get things done. Anything you can think of please speak up.

Also be sure to hit up Serato support yourself DJ Hot Fever as they are MUCH more helpful than they are given credit for. YES they WILL attempt the generic "update firmware, reset system, download lates version of SDJ/OS etc................. but after the intro BS they get things done. You are a prime candidate as in my experiences more often than not things stall when they wait on the user for info or for them to try things. You on the other hand respond direct and accept the help that is being offered. I wanna see you get sorted.

Here is the support link again if you have not done so yet support.serato.com
DJ HOT FEVER 2:29 AM - 6 March, 2015
Thanks for the Great Interest.
DJ Tecniq
Dee j Dave
pdidy
deejdave 2:31 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
I will work on a Video with full details with the 2012, All so i am building a Drive with All MP4
with new Directory, Structure, I heard that too many Directory s can cause funny things can happen.

You are correct BUT this is one of the standard fixes and is usually for random crashing issues. The fact that your issue goes away at the touch of a certain button sequence means that something (be it hardware or software) is telling it to jump. I am guessing you are getting crossed midi signals which is why I asked for any and everything you have connected when this happen/s. For all we know this could be a faulty platter. A platter has "Clicks" or positions at which it rotates. When it goes 1/4 turn a certain direction it tells the software it did this by the amount of clicks in any given direction it goes. I would guess your controller/s are telling your software it is being moved in a way it is not. This could potentially happen during platter movement or while it is stationary.
pdidy 2:44 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Without a doubt BUT not for nothing........................... I LIKE this guy. He (unlike many people here) listens the first time and is willing to do what it takes to get things done. Anything you can think of please speak up.

DJ HOT FEVER can you made a vid with your phone of you clicking on the apple icon "about this mac" so we can view this computers system specs. 30 secs is all that's needed.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:48 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

DJ HOT FEVER can you made a vid with your phone of you clicking on the apple icon "about this mac" so we can view this computers system specs. 30 secs is all that's needed.

I recorded it. I file was too big, to email, I will have it done, when i get from work friday. thx
pdidy 5:53 AM - 6 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I recorded it. I file was too big, to email, I will have it done, when i get from work friday. thx

Email ? naa...lol
just send it to youtube or dropbox......takes 5 minutes to do.
pdidy 6:04 AM - 6 March, 2015
see, just like that simple.....
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ HOT FEVER 1:43 AM - 7 March, 2015
Here is the config of my Macbook Pro Mid 2012
Hope this Helps
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ HOT FEVER 1:46 AM - 7 March, 2015
Little Blurry, I can redo it this weekend, if Needed.
DJ Tecniq 4:16 AM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Here is the config of my Macbook Pro Mid 2012
Hope this Helps
Watchwww.youtube.com
Checked your video why are the keys all fucked up on your mac? And it's not brand new it's an old 2012 lol...it's used please keep that in mind.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:22 AM - 7 March, 2015
Its mint the keyboard cover on..lol i can see what you saying
DJ HOT FEVER 2:06 AM - 10 March, 2015
Here is the Issue Part 2 of ddj-sr/sx/sz issue
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ HOT FEVER 4:31 AM - 20 April, 2015
Still No Response from Serato, Will Keep Posted
DJ HOT FEVER 6:10 PM - 29 April, 2015
I found that the Pioneer DDJ SX2 still has issue.
pdidy 7:41 PM - 29 April, 2015
There's something you're not telling us or you're possibly unaware of what you are doing to causing the conflict which is specific to your laptop.
deejdave 9:18 PM - 29 April, 2015
Although he has been able to reproduce with an alternate laptop I think it is pretty safe to say it is certainly not the hardware or laptop at fault here specifically. Probably more like something else in the equation that is not so obvious.
pdidy 10:05 PM - 29 April, 2015
This situation calls for a more aggressive approach to diagnose which I don't believe the OP has any interest in doing considering the issue has been present since 12 November, 2013.

Probably best to just avoid all pioneer controllers at this rate of repair if the OP is not will to consult live and in person professional help to pinpoint the issue.

Clearly the current strategy is not working.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:36 AM - 16 May, 2015
Trust Me, I told you all.
I think the issue's is with hardware, the Shift button, Firmware or Midi combination.
The Pioneer DDJ SZ Has No Issue, Really need to compare the difference in firmware Code or Drivers. The Pioneer DDJ-SZ hardware buttons must be differents maybe it sticks..
pdidy 8:51 AM - 16 May, 2015
so what are you going to do differently to "actually fix the issue" as apposed to what you've been doing since 12 November, 2013 ?
deejdave 6:00 PM - 16 May, 2015
Quote:

Controllers
2. DDJ SX
1. DDJ SR
1. DDJ SZ

HMMMMMMMMMM

Wait a minute. I am pretty sure we left off with the SZ was giving you the same results.............
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ HOT FEVER 1:56 PM - 27 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Controllers
2. DDJ SX
1. DDJ SR
1. DDJ SZ

HMMMMMMMMMM

Wait a minute. I am pretty sure we left off with the SZ was giving you the same results.............
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com

The DDJ SZ SEEMS TO BE FINE NO ISSUE's, Just a Waiting Game for Pioneer.
Must Be Something with the Shift Button Sticking. I doubt its the Laptop or Serato. One User post be to reload, but that was the first thing i done long time ago and a few more times after. Hope in My Life Time this Gets Fixed. This Week, I have My DDJ-SR SOLD and will get a Second DDJ-SX2 for Backup. I Love the Controller and still will stick with it. Even for all the BS it put me though many times of my night and will keep post Alive Till there is a Recall..lol
BleedR 7:13 PM - 27 May, 2015
Why you guys don't install a MIDI logging app. This way you can make sure the button is stuck...
DJ HOT FEVER 7:46 PM - 27 May, 2015
Quote:
Why you guys don't install a MIDI logging app. This way you can make sure the button is stuck...

It was Suggested by DEE J DAVE & I Send Report to Serato Team, Been Waiting for Months for them. Thx
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 10:01 PM - 27 May, 2015
Hi DJ Hot Fever,

Can you please give me your support ticket number? Its highly unusual that you have been waiting so long for a reply.

Thanks!

Jason.
DJ HOT FEVER 10:19 PM - 27 May, 2015
Hi, Jason

[75680] Serato Time Line Jumps when using the Plater on Pioneer SR

Thanks
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 10:23 PM - 27 May, 2015
Cool thanks man,

So looking at the ticket Rui from support got back to you on the 16th of March to let you know that the issue has been reproduced in house and logged as a bug for our development team to look at.

Bear in mind that we have to carefully prioritise issues to be fixed within our development teams and as he mentioned we cannot comment on exactly when this will be fixed, but it is there in the backlog so hold tight!

Jas.
deejdave 10:31 PM - 27 May, 2015
This is good news though Hot Fever as I was unable to reproduce. ALWAYS good news when the team can get the same results as it has to be reproduced in order to be fixed.
DJ HOT FEVER 10:43 PM - 27 May, 2015
/
Quote:
Cool thanks man,

So looking at the ticket Rui from support got back to you on the 16th of March to let you know that the issue has been reproduced in house and logged as a bug for our development team to look at.

Bear in mind that we have to carefully prioritise issues to be fixed within our development teams and as he mentioned we cannot comment on exactly when this will be fixed, but it is there in the backlog so hold tight!

Jas.

Thanks, Jason

It's Good to Know, I have not have to check into a Mental Hospital, Its Been Going on for long time now.
DJ HOT FEVER 10:47 PM - 27 May, 2015
Quote:
This is good news though Hot Fever as I was unable to reproduce. ALWAYS good news when the team can get the same results as it has to be reproduced in order to be fixed.

Thank God, DEE J DAVE. Now Just Have to Wait. I guess now, if they can reproduce it they will know how to be fixed. if its a mini issue or button that pioneer manufacture issue. Most Likely it will be fixed in firmware or Driver, I Hope
DJ HOT FEVER 9:24 PM - 3 June, 2015
Well Sold My DDJ-SR, Good Bye & Picking Up My Second DDJ-SX2 Soon. Now Just have to wait for the Issue to be Solved and Least Now it Recurs Less with DDJ-SX2 or SX but still sticking with Pioneer.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:11 AM - 30 June, 2015
Hope Serato DJ 1.7.6 has any fixes for my issues.
BleedR 1:25 AM - 30 June, 2015
Don't think so!

Quote:

Serato DJ 1.7.6 Release Notes
30 June, 2015

Added Serato DJ Hardware Support
Denon DS-1
Bug Fixes
Numark Mixtrack Pro III shift + play mapping changed to play stutter functionality.
DVS devices phono input calibration adjusted.
Possible crash on startup for both Mac and Windows.
Potential Korg Kaoss connection issue on Windows.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:05 AM - 30 June, 2015
Quote:
Don't think so!
I don't see anything, I will try it and see but not much information on bug fixes. Thanks

Quote:
Serato DJ 1.7.6 Release Notes
30 June, 2015

Added Serato DJ Hardware Support
Denon DS-1
Bug Fixes
Numark Mixtrack Pro III shift + play mapping changed to play stutter functionality.
DVS devices phono input calibration adjusted.
Possible crash on startup for both Mac and Windows.
Potential Korg Kaoss connection issue on Windows.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:59 AM - 25 July, 2015
Since Serato DJ 1.7.6 issues still remains., Serato Knows and can replicate the issue, Why no Fix Yet ???
pdidy 2:12 AM - 25 July, 2015
Quote:
Since Serato DJ 1.7.6 issues still remains., Serato Knows and can replicate the issue, Why no Fix Yet ???

I bet a year from now you'll still be asking the same questions .......lol
DJ HOT FEVER 2:54 AM - 25 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I bet a year from now you'll still be asking the same questions .......lol

Lol...Pdidy Your Right, i will Pray.. Oh Lord Serato Please Fix My Sins, I Pray on this earth to Fix this on going bug, I will forgive you from the past, Serato Please bring Heaven to Earth, Mighty God. Please bless this fix and bring the power to Earth and fix my bug.. AMEN.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:30 AM - 11 August, 2015
Serato DJ 1.7.7 Now will test and see if anything fixes my issue, I won't hold my breath...Just Pray
DJ HOT FEVER 4:18 AM - 26 August, 2015
Nope no Change, still happens. Its really a big issue, I wonder if they going to wait it out and then say the hardware is too old. still waiting for serato to fix this, They have admit to it, why not fix it.
pdidy 8:13 AM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
They have admit to it, why not fix it.

priority
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:43 AM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
They have admit to it, why not fix it.

priority

Yep 1 person out of all the 10s of thousands of people using this has a bug I can't see that being Seratos top priority. Id say this will never be fixed as just seems like only you are affected.
deejdave 2:44 AM - 27 August, 2015
Now Serato has confirmed that they are in fact able to reproduce this yet I have not heard a single other person (besides here) report this issue TO DATE so this makes me wonder why. If this is readily reproducible yet nobody is producing this besides Hot Fever who is haunted buy this I am wondering if it is due to abnormal (or uncommon) button use.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:16 AM - 27 August, 2015
Hey Dee J Dave Long Time

Dj Delta-Vita was the one who open this, in the first place, They are lot more out there with same issue, I think pioneer wants to keep it hush hush, They know about it. When I google it I have lot of other users with same issue, I don't think they want to admit to it. Imagine how many warranty repairs people are going to get fixed. if its a software issue they should be able to fix this Asap. Hardware issue the cost could be out of the ball park. I feel Haunted but, I am not the only person.
pdidy 5:28 AM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
If this is readily reproducible yet nobody is producing this besides Hot Fever who is haunted buy this I am wondering if it is due to abnormal (or uncommon) button use.

yes, my guess its from some very "abnormal (or uncommon) button use". I'm very interested in seeing how its done but judging from the last time i asked for video proof DJ HOT FEVER was incapable of providing it to my specifications as i recall.
DJ Tecniq 10:23 AM - 27 August, 2015
Have you updated OS X? Crazy this is still going on...😳
deejdave 10:31 PM - 27 August, 2015
Quote:
Dj Delta-Vita was the one who open this, in the first place

Understood which is why I said besides here. Also weird that nobody else has jumped in since but even stranger that nobody else has mentioned on the Pioneer forums or here.

Do you know of anybody else (I mean a single other person) who is currently still having this issue? If anyone above is still having this issue please speak up. Curious is things has gotten better for you or if you have just gotten by with the "reset" workaround.

Also @ DJ Hot Fever is there a fool proof method in which to reproduce that we could try. Also could you link some of the other links in which you found others having this issue? When I google it I found only unrelated issues such as the Mic Talkover & limiter issues.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:12 AM - 30 August, 2015
It's been much better with the DDJ-SX2 but still happens a few times a night. The Reset work around works, when I first had issue's I found people could not describe issue and had problem to explain such strange movement. I will post links when I find more people with this issue.
pdidy 3:54 AM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
Also @ DJ Hot Fever is there a fool proof method in which to reproduce that we could try.

notice he avoided this part of the question.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:15 AM - 30 August, 2015
I have not voided any questions, Its been on going and my video shows it all. Just have to match the bpm and shut off once its matched it will start happening randomly. Keep doing this and it will happen. The shift button get stuck and starts to scroll quickly though the song.
pdidy 6:49 PM - 30 August, 2015
Quote:
Just have to match the bpm and shut off once its matched

shut what off ?

Can you be more clear in exactly what you are doing ?
deejdave 2:50 AM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
I will post links when I find more people with this issue.

I was hoping you had some when you said a lot of other users had this issue when you googled it. When I googled it all complaining of anything remotely similar had a completely unrelated issue in the end.

Keep us posted. There is a MUCH higher chance of getting this fixed if you are able to back up the claim of many users with this particular issue IMO.
DHphenomenal 4:18 AM - 31 August, 2015
I have the exact same issue with a 2015 Retina Macbook Pro completely up to date, Serato 1.78, and a DDJ-SX2.. DJ HOT FEVER, did Pioneer offer you a replacement? I am going to call them tomorrow!
pdidy 4:44 AM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
I have the exact same issue with a 2015 Retina Macbook Pro completely up to date, Serato 1.78, and a DDJ-SX2.. DJ HOT FEVER, did Pioneer offer you a replacement? I am going to call them tomorrow!

Can you explain in clear detail how to recreate this issue ? Or even better let us see a video of you doing it ,CLEARLY showing how its done ?
pdidy 4:51 AM - 31 August, 2015
DHphenomenal , did you complete a help request and have this issue diagnosed by serato support or is this your opinion ?
DHphenomenal 9:07 AM - 31 August, 2015
pdidy, opinion? No I have the exact same issue where the sensitivity of my left jog wheel (its always the left) goes haywire. I have to reset Serato for the issue to go away. It's been happening for months.. and I do not know how to recreate it, but it is a common occurrence, if someone at Serato could contact me or Pioneer that would be amazing!
pdidy 9:12 AM - 31 August, 2015
DHphenomenal, quite often users assume similar issues means that they're having the exact same problem as described in threads but I've learned that to NOT be true unless properly diagnosed by Serato support.
DHphenomenal 9:13 AM - 31 August, 2015
pdidy ok understood! How do I go about getting the issue diagnosed? and thank-you for the feedback
pdidy 9:20 AM - 31 August, 2015
You will first need to submit a help request here support.serato.com

The next step to being the hardest is to follow through with all of the support teams directions even if YOU think you don't need to do it.
deejdave 1:43 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
I have to reset Serato for the issue to go away. It's been happening for months

If this is the case then it is 100% NOT the issue described above. The issue described above will go away or "reset" if you reload a new song or click (SHIFT + Jog Mode) and a software reset is not needed. Also it is not seemingly the sensitivity as you describe. It is a timeline issue.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:04 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:

Hi, DHphenomenal

Interesting, your model is 2015 MacBook Pro, I had issues with 2011 & 2012 MacBook, Its Not the notebook for sure, I had the DDJ-SR was a nightmare but the SX & SX2 worked better but still happens, I really don't think a replacement will make a different, Just because it happens in many models. It's a Serato issue with pioneer firmware or Pioneer driver. I used the same combination when using Numark NS6 with no issue or DDJ-SZ.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:09 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I have to reset Serato for the issue to go away. It's been happening for months

If this is the case then it is 100% NOT the issue described above. The issue described above will go away or "reset" if you reload a new song or click (SHIFT + Jog Mode) and a software reset is not needed. Also it is not seemingly the sensitivity as you describe. It is a timeline issue.

I notice, I only have to press the shift key alone and everything is back working fine. The Shift + Jog Mode will Activate to scrub though the song like it suppose to. the Shift but along will disable it.
pdidy 5:31 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Also @ DJ Hot Fever is there a fool proof method in which to reproduce that we could try.

deejdave, do you now how to reproduce this yet ? I cant seem to get a clear answer from DJ HOT FEVER.
deejdave 3:25 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
I notice, I only have to press the shift key alone and everything is back working fine. The Shift + Jog Mode will Activate to scrub though the song like it suppose to. the Shift but along will disable it.

THIS I did NOT know and it pretty much sums it up 100% right here. Pretty safe to say this is due to a loose (or sensitive) SHIFT button.

Can you try something for me? Can you just put some pressure on the button. Sort of wiggle it and shift it (no pun intended) back and forth but don't actually press on it.
Quote:
deejdave, do you now how to reproduce this yet ? I cant seem to get a clear answer from DJ HOT FEVER.

I think I just got it and this is something I am not able to reproduce.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:48 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

THIS I did NOT know and it pretty much sums it up 100% right here. Pretty safe to say this is due to a loose (or sensitive) SHIFT button.

Can you try something for me? Can you just put some pressure on the button. Sort of wiggle it and shift it (no pun intended) back and forth but don't actually press on it.
Quote:

I think I just got it and this is something I am not able to reproduce.

deejdave
No Problem, I will try this and get back to you soon, sensitive and Random
DJ HOT FEVER 12:13 AM - 2 October, 2015
I have not upgraded to new serato yet, I will try and see if my issues still happens, Plus I might try rekordbox and see if this issue still happens.
pdidy 1:06 AM - 2 October, 2015
Man its been almost 2 yrs and no progress, just send you controllers and laptop too deejdave and he will have it fixed within an hour or two.....lol
DJ HOT FEVER 1:18 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Man its been almost 2 yrs and no progress, just send you controllers and laptop too deejdave and he will have it fixed within an hour or two.....lol

Would be Quicker 4 sure.
I am going to try Rekordbox on Sunday to see what happens, I have a gig the next two days and won't take a chance with something new.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:19 AM - 2 October, 2015
Only thing is right now Rekordbox don't have video support yet, do you know if it will play videos even if you can't see it.
DJ HOT FEVER 1:20 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Would be Quicker 4 sure.
I am going to try Rekordbox on Sunday to see what happens, I have a gig the next two days and won't take a chance with something new.

I have more grey hair then my SX2 or SZ...lol
deejdave 1:31 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Only thing is right now Rekordbox don't have video support yet, do you know if it will play videos even if you can't see it.

As long as it is supported format. MP4 etc. you are good to go.

Been running RBDJ all day and so far so good for the Macs. Windows is even worse than Serato for me :o
DJ HOT FEVER 1:46 AM - 2 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

As long as it is supported format. MP4 etc. you are good to go.

Been running RBDJ all day and so far so good for the Macs. Windows is even worse than Serato for me :o[/quote

You like the Interface ? Rekord Box
deejdave 3:39 AM - 2 October, 2015
Thus far.............. yes. A little "busy" at first but it grows on you. The customization is unreal. Just the core functions lack as compared to Serato which is SUPER important to me. No matter what I am sticking with Serato though. If nothing else the personal feel and approach I have been met with over the years here is enough to win my loyalty.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:16 PM - 3 October, 2015
I agree with loyalty, I do fee the same way with Serato and I like how they keep pushing new version very often. They have found my issue and know but seem doing nothing about it with many new versions since I reported it and they confirm it. I second choice is great way to test my hardware issue's, if its serato problem or Pioneer hardware with Rekordbox dj 4.0. I have downloaded it and need to test it more but it has no video support yet till next year. I dj videos all the time. It don't read my crates which sucks.
deejdave 8:12 PM - 3 October, 2015
I am thinking Virtual DJ is the answer for you. I can almost guarantee this issue won't be present. Furthermore it does Video. Even Furthermore it DOES read you Serato crates out of the box. I would ask that you don't fault Serato too much for this as it certainly sounds like a hardware issue (BTW did you ever try playing with the SHIFT button?). Furthermore IF this were a software issue it would take more people to address this than it is seemingly affecting in the first place.

Let us now how it goes with RBDJ.
DHphenomenal 8:14 AM - 23 October, 2015
I been having another issue on the left side of my SX2.. the autoloop will randomly turn itself on and once again the only way to turn it off is to press shift + autoloop
pdidy 11:40 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
I been having another issue on the left side of my SX2.. the autoloop will randomly turn itself on and once again the only way to turn it off is to press shift + autoloop

start your own thread, then start a help request.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:12 AM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:

I have also had the loop turn on by itself not often. but it could be a shift button some how related to my issue of the scrub button activating by its self with the shift Key. It was a good thing you write on the discussion page. there might be a connection with the shift button getting stuck.
deejdave 2:27 AM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
there might be a connection with the shift button getting stuck.

Did you ever try wiggling it and moving it to see if you could activate it without actually pressing it. I mean apply a little pressure even etc. Keep in mind
Quote:
It looks to me like your shift button is acting up or something.

I don't wanna toot my own horn here but I posted this literally the first day we EVER spoke LMAO..........................
DJ HOT FEVER 3:52 AM - 30 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
there might be a connection with the shift button getting stuck.

Did you ever try wiggling it and moving it to see if you could activate it without actually pressing it. I mean apply a little pressure even etc. Keep in mind
Quote:
It looks to me like your shift button is acting up or something.

I don't wanna toot my own horn here but I posted this literally the first day we EVER spoke LMAO..........................

No Issue's with being Stuck from what I can tell, I did try it out. but could be a defective still. A Few Controllers did this not only mine. correct you did point this out but its a random thing....Just want to say your the best.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:34 AM - 10 December, 2015
Still issue's, waiting for Fix
pdidy 4:46 AM - 10 December, 2015
Quote:
Still issue's, waiting for Fix

It’s often said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Its been 2 yrs of you doing the same thing over and over, so when will you do something different ?
DJ HOT FEVER 3:17 AM - 11 December, 2015
Hi, Pdidy

It's Not Insanity, when you buy a few controllers and the manufacture knows the issue's and they do not respond with a fix by now. I do love pioneer controllers. I just have a lot of hope. I don't give up. I want too keep this active.

Different, when Numark or someone brings a controller nice as pioneer the DDJ-SX2 or DDJ-SZ. I still use the controller every week at my gig why change now. Waiting for Serato to fix this or pioneer what ever comes first.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:06 AM - 25 February, 2016
Still keeping Hope...
DJ HOT FEVER 12:01 PM - 2 March, 2016
Its seem to get better with the latest Serato with the shift key. Will keep posted.
DJ HOT FEVER 9:45 PM - 2 May, 2016
Need a Rent a Denon DJ MCX8000, might be my only Hope. Lol, Pioneer and Serato seems not caring about supporting DDJ-SX2, They know the Issue but not ding anything about it.
deejdave 9:51 PM - 2 May, 2016
Did you try this with Rekordbox?
DJ HOT FEVER 9:59 PM - 2 May, 2016
Hi, Dave,

Rekordbox, I will give it a second try, last time it went past 30 days. My Big Problem is They do not have Video Support yet ?
deejdave 10:04 PM - 2 May, 2016
It went past 30 days before you tried this? Woulda thought this would be #1 priority and able to be figured out in seconds, no? Curious if you can create a new account from new e-mail and get another 30 day trial. I would give you mine that I never used if it is possible. I bought it day one so never used it.
DJ HOT FEVER 10:52 PM - 2 May, 2016
It went passed 30 days, I did test it and like it, but I spent more time trying too find a way to convert my data base from serato. The fact all so that no video support yet, I spin videos at the bar i dj at.

I thought you have been using Rekcord Box ?
I can try to download again with different email and let you know...thx boss.
deejdave 10:55 PM - 2 May, 2016
Quote:
I thought you have been using Rekcord Box ?
I can try to download again with different email and let you know...thx boss.

I have but like I said purchased it day one and never used the free trial offer.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:23 AM - 3 May, 2016
Trying to remove Rekord Box and reinstall but it keeps all of my settings.
deejdave 1:13 PM - 3 May, 2016
Maybe just pay the $9 subscription for one month?
DJ HOT FEVER 1:31 AM - 26 May, 2016
I will do this soon, Thanks Dee J Dave...Your the Best on the Block
DJ HOT FEVER 3:04 AM - 9 June, 2016
Hey Dave Any Idea when Rekord Box Supports Video
deejdave 1:09 PM - 9 June, 2016
Will look into it. They just released pulselocker integration (which is awesome) so prob a few months. Will get back to u w a better timeframe.
RennieB 12:12 PM - 16 June, 2016
If I bought a unit from Amazon, how do I go about getting the warranty repair for the unit. Please advise me on the steps
deejdave 11:59 PM - 16 June, 2016
Quote:
If I bought a unit from Amazon, how do I go about getting the warranty repair for the unit. Please advise me on the steps

Which unit? Was it new? Was it Amazon direct or third party?

As long as the unit IS new AND purchased from an authorized retailer for Pioneer products you should contact Pioneer as long as it has not been longer than a year.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:08 AM - 16 August, 2016
Rekordbox Video is Out have anyone used it yet.
DjSyndic8 3:01 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:

should start your own discussion Dj hot fever
DjSyndic8 3:02 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:

email the seller and go through them.
deejdave 3:10 AM - 16 August, 2016
Sellers do not handle manufacturers warranties. Any and all manufacturer warranty work is done direct through Pioneer. If a third party warranty was purchased you must contact them as the retailer is still not involved. The retailer is ONLY involved when returning a defective unit DOA etc. As mentioned already.............
Quote:
As long as the unit IS new AND purchased from an authorized retailer for Pioneer products you should contact Pioneer as long as it has not been longer than a year.

www.pioneerelectronics.com
DjSyndic8 3:14 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Sellers do not handle manufacturers warranties. Any and all manufacturer warranty work is done direct through Pioneer. If a third party warranty was purchased you must contact them as the retailer is still not involved. The retailer is ONLY involved when returning a defective unit DOA etc. As mentioned already.............
Quote:

www.pioneerelectronics.com

To find what direction you should take with the Warranty Contact the seller sounds logical.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:30 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

DjSyndic8

I have been on this Discussion for few years back and very recent, I've keep this one open, till my issue's have been solved before you been here. No Offence.
DjSyndic8 5:28 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DjSyndic8

I have been on this Discussion for few years back and very recent, I've keep this one open, till my issue's have been solved before you been here. No Offence.

I'm just saying randomly posting on a post that has nothing to do with Reckordbox video is pointless you will have a more effective discussion if you open up your own discussion that's what I meant I thought you would've put 2 and 2 together
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:55 AM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:

Yep it's shit very very very basic. They must have rushed it out! Needs some updates pronto.
DJ Tecniq 12:08 PM - 16 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yep it's shit very very very basic. They must have rushed it out! Needs some updates pronto.
not to high jack a thread. Yeah it's basic but it has logo/image fx (unlike Serato video they don't work right) also has the ability to add live camera feed to your video mix. I'd say it has more uses. It is nowhere on the level of ME but it offers some cool things SV doesn't.
deejdave 1:08 PM - 16 August, 2016
True but in all fairness anyone serious about video uses ME anyways and serato is the first to recognize inklen as a partner to the point where I pretty much consider ME and serato one in the same.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:40 PM - 16 August, 2016
It doesnt play audio only files just a blank screen. No output settings. No upfaders. It takes YEARS to analyze a video i can analye 100videos in sdj to 1 in rekordbox.
DJ HOT FEVER 9:47 PM - 12 November, 2016
Has anyone used Rekord box Video, extensive & or used roland serato controller yet ?
popnwave 6:44 AM - 13 November, 2016
Quote:
Has anyone used Rekord box Video, extensive & or used roland serato controller yet ?

Rekordbox Video works just fine for me, however I have gotten super spoiled with Mix Emergency and border fills. I still have thousands of mixed format videos (4:3 for 50s-90s stuff) that looks kinda ugly when playing a widescreen video before and/or after.

I am hoping they get around to something like that soon.
DJ HOT FEVER 7:40 PM - 25 November, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Rekordbox Video works just fine for me, however I have gotten super spoiled with Mix Emergency and border fills. I still have thousands of mixed format videos (4:3 for 50s-90s stuff) that looks kinda ugly when playing a widescreen video before and/or after.

I am hoping they get around to something like that soon.

How doe's it differ from Serato Video in You Opinion. ?
DJ HOT FEVER 7:41 PM - 27 January, 2017
Has anyone used Rekordbox Buddy to convert my serato to rekordbox
deejdave 11:58 PM - 27 January, 2017
Yes
DJ HOT FEVER 12:11 AM - 28 January, 2017
Quote:
Yes
How are you ? and How was it, do you recommend it
deejdave 10:19 PM - 28 January, 2017
Good. Yourself? It is good and getting better. Damien updates regularly and the SW does what it says it does as far as adding features requested along the way? Not so sure we will see them but as with many DJ/Producer related stuff as long as you use Mac you are in luck. The hype has long since died down on this SW but I recommend it just as much as I did day one if not more.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:56 PM - 29 January, 2017
Quote:
Good. Yourself? It is good and getting better. Damien updates regularly and the SW does what it says it does as far as adding features requested along the way? Not so sure we will see them but as with many DJ/Producer related stuff as long as you use Mac you are in luck. The hype has long since died down on this SW but I recommend it just as much as I did day one if not more.

Doing Great, Little Tired from my gig last night.

I found out Rekord 4.1.0. You can have mixed media on same playlists
I currently purchased the latest version Thought it would it allows mixed media playlists but very Dis-pointed that future was taken out. My Serato playlists have Both MP4 and MP3. either i wait or spent the time too recreate the database for rekord box.
DJ HOT FEVER 5:42 AM - 25 March, 2017
Rekord Box is working on Putting MP3 and MP4 Back on the same playlists.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:45 PM - 26 March, 2017
Quote:

That will be a very welcomed update. Iv not used it since they messed that up.
DJ HOT FEVER 2:47 AM - 27 July, 2017
Any one know if Rekord Box 5.0 will fix media MP3 and MP4 together on the same playlists.
DJ HOT FEVER 3:42 AM - 31 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That will be a very welcomed update. Iv not used it since they messed that up.

Hope Rekord Box 5 will fix it
DJ HOT FEVER 2:32 AM - 3 October, 2017
Anyone tested the Numark NS 6II
Junglist1SouLjA 10:02 AM - 12 October, 2017
I returned my SX2 because I received a defective unit. Peep my other posts if interested in finding out the details.
DJ HOT FEVER 4:58 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
I returned my SX2 because I received a defective unit. Peep my other posts if interested in finding out the details.

Did you get a replacement or choose something else
Junglist1SouLjA 10:49 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Well, unfortunately American Musical Supply wouldn't allow me to exchange for the Roland DJ808. I had the SX2 on a payment plan along with a couple of other item's, totalling close to $2000. I recall having a conversation with a rep from there, where he said that I was able to go as high as $4000 so, I wasn't worried about having to do a whole new order.
So, I placed my order and got a confirmation number with shipping expected to arrive on Wednesday. Then, a half hour later, my order had said customer cancelled! I was surprised because I didn't cancel anything! Turns out that the new credit check didn't permit me to complete my order. Rep said that a new credit check is done every 45 day's and that maybe something new has posted on my report but, the only thing I've done, is the SX2 transaction. I had the feeling that something like this was going to happen. Where I wouldn't be able to place another order. I really wish that I would have known this was going to happen because I would've sent the SX2 to Pioneer for repairs under warranty but, being told that I could put up to $4000 on a payment plan, made me not worry about this happening.
I am so depressed now. I am disabled on SSI and the only negative thing's on my credit report, are the many emergency room visits and ambulance rides which my Medi-Care is supposed to cover. I was so looking forward to making music. I Love music and always have been into music. Have always known track title's and the artist's who've sang/produced them. I am into EVERYTHING from jungle/d&B, to death metal. From Funk to Dub!
I have finally found purpose in my life after being unemployed since 2001 and when I called them to get answers, they couldn't give me any answers besides telling me that they have no control over credit approval's because they're automated and that no information regarding what score is acceptable because that information is considered confidential. So yeah, I got NO information!
I am being punished for receiving a defective SX2 and I wish I could post the video I have of what it was doing because it was pretty bad. It was a beautiful piece of equipment with great sounding audio minus the problems it had with the FX2 side. It was so crazy that it would continue making the effects noise even after the track stopped playing. There was no way that it was a software issue. There was no way that I was doing anything incorrectly. There was no way that I could have kept it, and overlooked the defective problem because that would have meant that I would never be able to use any of the FX2 knobs.
I also couldn't really afford not having the unit because of it being at Pioneer getting repairs for 6-8 weeks because I would have missed on DJing Holiday event's. Not only are my dreams of making music pushed aside but, so are my business ventures. What an ending for this 2017 year for me.
Thanks American Musical Supply! I still have my mind set on the DJ808 and if and when I do get it? I'll keep you guy's posted. Yes, I have used it and what everyone needs to know is that it's fader by default has a one second delay which needs to be changed on its settings by holding the shift button, I believe, as you turn it on for a few seconds. Many people don't know this, including the guy's at the Guitar Center/Sam Ash or any/all retailer's.
Man! I was that close to finally getting into my niche. Music/Art is what I was born to do! May you guy's have a better end of the year than I. Take care! Peace!
Junglist1SouLjA 10:52 AM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, unfortunately American Musical Supply wouldn't allow me to exchange for the Roland DJ808. I had the SX2 on a payment plan along with a couple of other item's, totalling close to $2000. I recall having a conversation with a rep from there, where he said that I was able to go as high as $4000 so, I wasn't worried about having to do a whole new order.
So, I placed my order and got a confirmation number with shipping expected to arrive on Wednesday. Then, a half hour later, my order had said customer cancelled! I was surprised because I didn't cancel anything! Turns out that the new credit check didn't permit me to complete my order. Rep said that a new credit check is done every 45 day's and that maybe something new has posted on my report but, the only thing I've done, is the SX2 transaction. BTW! It was barely 30 day's since I ordered the SX2! I had the feeling that something like this was going to happen. Where I wouldn't be able to place another order. I really wish that I would have known this was going to happen because I would've sent the SX2 to Pioneer for repairs under warranty but, being told that I could put up to $4000 on a payment plan, made me not worry about this happening.
I am so depressed now. I am disabled on SSI and the only negative thing's on my credit report, are the many emergency room visits and ambulance rides which my Medi-Care is supposed to cover. I was so looking forward to making music. I Love music and always have been into music. Have always known track title's and the artist's who've sang/produced them. I am into EVERYTHING from jungle/d&B, to death metal. From Funk to Dub!
I have finally found purpose in my life after being unemployed since 2001 and when I called them to get answers, they couldn't give me any answers besides telling me that they have no control over credit approval's because they're automated and that no information regarding what score is acceptable because that information is considered confidential. So yeah, I got NO information!
I am being punished for receiving a defective SX2 and I wish I could post the video I have of what it was doing because it was pretty bad. It was a beautiful piece of equipment with great sounding audio minus the problems it had with the FX2 side. It was so crazy that it would continue making the effects noise even after the track stopped playing. There was no way that it was a software issue. There was no way that I was doing anything incorrectly. There was no way that I could have kept it, and overlooked the defective problem because that would have meant that I would never be able to use any of the FX2 knobs.
I also couldn't really afford not having the unit because of it being at Pioneer getting repairs for 6-8 weeks because I would have missed on DJing Holiday event's. Not only are my dreams of making music pushed aside but, so are my business ventures. What an ending for this 2017 year for me.
Thanks American Musical Supply! I still have my mind set on the DJ808 and if and when I do get it? I'll keep you guy's posted. Yes, I have used it and what everyone needs to know is that it's fader by default has a one second delay which needs to be changed on its settings by holding the shift button, I believe, as you turn it on for a few seconds. Many people don't know this, including the guy's at the Guitar Center/Sam Ash or any/all retailer's.
Man! I was that close to finally getting into my niche. Music/Art is what I was born to do! May you guy's have a better end of the year than I. Take care! Peace!
Junglist1SouLjA 10:54 AM - 10 November, 2017
Didn't mean to post this reply twice. I was merely making a correction. Sorry Forum!
DJ Tecniq 12:07 PM - 10 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So, I placed my order and got a confirmation number with shipping expected to arrive on Wednesday. Then, a half hour later, my order had said customer cancelled! I was surprised because I didn't cancel anything! Turns out that the new credit check didn't permit me to complete my order. Rep said that a new credit check is done every 45 day's and that maybe something new has posted on my report but, the only thing I've done, is the SX2 transaction. I had the feeling that something like this was going to happen. Where I wouldn't be able to place another order. I really wish that I would have known this was going to happen because I would've sent the SX2 to Pioneer for repairs under warranty but, being told that I could put up to $4000 on a payment plan, made me not worry about this happening.
Wow that makes no sense to me usually if you place a second order they don’t have to check your credit again? I use PayPal credit and have not had any issue with this. I guess what we can learn from it is don’t make additional purchases when on a payment plan. Sorry that happened to you. I couldn’t see why they wouldn’t be able to do a even trade or at least you pay the difference of the 808. Or was it already out of its return policy?
DJ Tecniq 12:26 PM - 10 November, 2017
It sounds like you didn’t mention to AMS that your unit was indeed defective and either needed to get it switched out or replaced. You can’t just make a separate order of another device. You’re supposed to get a return authorization label from them or Pioneer and ship it back. Once they receive the defective unit they would then ship you a replacement.
Junglist1SouLjA 12:02 AM - 11 November, 2017
I did let them know and they said that I had to make a whole new order since I was on a payment plan. Of course I told them it was defective!
Junglist1SouLjA 12:04 AM - 11 November, 2017
I did get a return authorized label. That's how I sent it back to them.
DJ Tecniq 1:12 AM - 11 November, 2017
Quote:
I did get a return authorized label. That's how I sent it back to them.
So did you not get your money back? What’s missing here
RennieB 3:40 PM - 21 November, 2017
I am looking for a good pionner agent to repair the ddj sx2 controller, since the problem is a bit complex, and the last technician couldn't figure it out.

Anyone know of a reputable agent in the usa?
DjSyndic8 9:15 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
I am looking for a good pionner agent to repair the ddj sx2 controller, since the problem is a bit complex, and the last technician couldn't figure it out.

ask Pioneer
DJ Tecniq 12:59 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Try contacting authorized Service Center
www.pioneerdj.com
DJ HOT FEVER 2:47 AM - 13 January, 2018
Numark NS 6 II has no issue's with the time line jumping...Strange no problem with Pioneer SZ....but DDJ SX 2 and SX1 and SR....all jump...Must be a driver issue in design