Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

Genres

Sounds By JB 1:05 AM - 26 October, 2013
Hey fellow DJ's,

Just browsing around on the releases from whitelabel.net for the first time. Great initiative and already heard some great tracks!!

Just as one piece of feedback that I immediately noticed .. the genre tagging of the tracks is truly mmmm.. how to say.. 'unhandy' and incorrect.

Some examples..

whitelabel.net is tagged as 'Drum & Bass, Dance, Electronic, Dubstep' well that's a very broad description for something I would call, bass music, in more detail.. Trap.

whitelabel.net tagged as 'Electronica, Dance, Techno, House' well.. though the artist, Detroit Muscle might cause one to expect Techno.. it has nothing to do with it. Its just commercial sounding dance music.

Same goes for whitelabel.net tagged as 'Electronica, Dance, Techno, House, Trance' again has nothing to do with Techno nor with Trance for that matter.

It does make the browsing and searching experience a whole less more time consuming. Hope one day someone can be a little bit more critical of genre tagging.

Cheers,

JB
anthonydrake 10:31 PM - 27 December, 2014
i know this site does not have any real house music..
anthonydrake 10:31 PM - 27 December, 2014
i know this site does not have any real house music..
taylor made michaels 1:04 PM - 19 January, 2015
no its only crap on here makes me think mabe if this is what seroto thinks of house music genre mabe i should use different software
dj darkcide 11:14 PM - 28 January, 2015
alot is labled incortrect . im looking for a simple scratch sample track nsomewhere . yanyone have any ideas?
Aja 10:20 PM - 24 February, 2015
I must agree it's a bit safe,and there is none or very little of the left field side.