Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

MAVERICK DOESNT RECOGNISE USB CONNECTION TWITCH

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH + Numark NSFX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Treskematik 6:41 AM - 25 October, 2013
To whom it may concern...

AGAIN...

I had several issues with 10.8.3/4/5 and my Macbook Pro.

But It was working till yesterday....unfortunately Maverick Upgrade 18.9 was run on my Mac and.....

Twitch now is not doing anything but flash the red Knight touchstrip....but does it.....nothing elses. I run the novation usb driver again...wento a PC and did the MIDI thing....etc etc etc....nothing.

I guess is time for a new USB driver for Maverick. Please Hurry need to finish my mix!!!! ;-)
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:37 AM - 29 October, 2013
Hey Treskematik,

This is what we have published regarding the Mavericks update: serato.com

Can you try reinstalling ITCH from here: serato.com also can you check Serato DJ and let me know if you have the same problems: serato.com

Cheers, Sam
Treskematik 3:09 AM - 29 October, 2013
i already know that
and have done that
we need a new driver
i use traktor sam
Treskematik 3:10 AM - 29 October, 2013
same problem with all of them
Treskematik 3:10 AM - 29 October, 2013
with the newest versions an all
Treskematik 3:37 AM - 29 October, 2013
I am USING AUDIO8 DJ Now and USB and Macbook Pro they work perfect.

No communication via USB only RED LIGHTS ON TOUCHSTRIP.

I've done and read everything on the web about Mavericks and Twitch.

The only thing I need is a new driver........as costumer this is really a waste of time and annoying. I haven't been able to play with Twitch more than 10 times probably in all this time having issues with every single upgrade of my OSX. Unreliable.
Treskematik 3:58 AM - 29 October, 2013
and bdw already start support contact with Novation also....and still Twitch looks light Knight Rider....
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:52 PM - 29 October, 2013
Quote:
The only thing I need is a new driver........as costumer this is really a waste of time and annoying. I haven't been able to play with Twitch more than 10 times probably in all this time having issues with every single upgrade of my OSX. Unreliable.

Hey Treskematik,

I'm really sorry you feel this way. But we do not create the drivers for the Novation hardware, we work with the company to support their hardware in our Serato software but the drivers are all handled by Novation. You may have to be patient in waiting for a response from them as the Twitch is a discontinued controller.

Sam
Treskematik 11:53 PM - 29 October, 2013
Bad news, I will go for the Traktor series I believe....
Treskematik 11:54 PM - 29 October, 2013
anyways thx I already started a help request with them and nothings goin'on.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:52 AM - 30 October, 2013
Alright, let me know if you hear any developments from Novation.

Sam
Treskematik 5:42 AM - 31 October, 2013
Ok Sam, got this from Novation Tech Support:

We are currently working on Mavericks compatibility for our products and hope to have new drivers available soon.
For now please try removing the Novation USB driver completely to see if Twitch will run class compliant. To do this open Finder in OSX and locate the driver.

HD - System - Library - Extensions.

Find the Novation driver and drag it in to the trash. Next empty your Trash and restart the computer.
Treskematik 5:45 AM - 31 October, 2013
Ok now is working normally as controller though soundcard will be fully operative when the correct driver is install, but now you can mix and get the sound out via computer's souncard.

Will keep you posted when new drivers are ready for DL from Novation Updates.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:07 PM - 31 October, 2013
Cheers Treskematik!

Thanks for investigating this :)

Sam
8:05 AM, 15 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.