Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Novation Twitch not working out of the box

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Emmental 1:44 AM - 20 October, 2013
I received my Novation Twitch yesterday and proceeded to plug it in after installing Serato DJ (also tried the bundled ITCH 1.8 and the updated 2.2.2). At first the controller didn't register with windows, prompting a hardware failed to install fault. I downloaded the drivers from Serato/Novation and installed and Windows seemed to register the hardware. When entering Serato DJ/ITCH, the software would intermittently recognise the hardware. I proceeded to try a variety of cables and ports on my computer, all giving the same results, as well as loading the software before and after plugging in. The hardware seems to have a variety of lights on it flashing on/off rapidly and the software, when recognising the twitch, proceeds to do what it feels like. When I was able to load a deck, the song automatically started over and over from the start (as if i was mashing the play button). Failed to get any further so looking for suggestions. Is it a hardware fault? Shall I return it?

PS. When loading ITCH/DJ, the hardware prompts for a firmware update that fails every time with ERROR #: -1
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:56 AM - 25 October, 2013
Hi Emmental

The Novation Twitch does not work when connecting it to some USB3 ports.

Can you try to get a USB 2.0 hub, connect that to your computer and connect the Twitch to the hub?

Does that make any difference?

Cheers
Karl Y
8:04 AM, 9 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.