DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RANE 64 Has Landed Courtesy of Agiprodj!

DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:11 AM - 16 October, 2013
Smile! youre on Camera!
instagram.com

instagram.com

Hello there!
instagram.com
Close up
instagram.com

It comes with 4 CV!
instagram.com
Bad Boy Blue CV
instagram.com

Thanks to www.agiprodj.com specially Kevin and Ty! The Best DJ Shop!
You all know me and I will admit it! I am a gearwhore!
Again and again agiprodj has provent that I can count on them for new dj gear!

I will vouch for them! get your 64 now! maybe you mention my name and you might get a discount? LOL

I should get a discount for this shameless plug :)
10-15-13
Joee 3:38 PM - 16 October, 2013
Quote:
Smile! youre on Camera!
instagram.com

instagram.com

Hello there!
instagram.com
Close up
instagram.com

It comes with 4 CV!
instagram.com
Bad Boy Blue CV
instagram.com

Thanks to www.agiprodj.com specially Kevin and Ty! The Best DJ Shop!
You all know me and I will admit it! I am a gearwhore!
Again and again agiprodj has provent that I can count on them for new dj gear!

I will vouch for them! get your 64 now! maybe you mention my name and you might get a discount? LOL

I should get a discount for this shameless plug :)
10-15-13

man your son has alot of dj gear! soooo many choices what do you think he should use?

on another not does the marker on the record match the marker on the virtual deck?
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:01 PM - 16 October, 2013
Oh snaps yo's!

What are your twitter handles?

Email that and your pics to chads@rane.com and we'll put you and your Sixty-Four on blast. Who will be the first ten to get up?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:54 PM - 16 October, 2013
Quote:
Oh snaps yo's!

What are your twitter handles?

Email that and your pics to chads@rane.com and we'll put you and your Sixty-Four on blast. Who will be the first ten to get up?

So am I officially the 1st paying customer/owner? ;)

Twit is djxtrodinaire.
Chad you had my son on the Rane facebook. He had a red Rane shirt with two Rane 62. I am waiting for him to come back from Cali so I can submit a picture of him with the 64.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:26 PM - 16 October, 2013
There was an instagram last night around midnight. I think you commented on that. If you can email me the pic, I'll get it up on Twitter and give you a shout out. It's always fun seeing the pictures and calls coming in. \m/

I totally remember Evan Almighty. He's a star around here :)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:43 AM - 17 October, 2013
Rane 64 with SC3900s DDJSP1 running on Imac 27
Hybrid Midi works. It just needs presets.

instagram.com

instagram.com
boabmatic 8:54 AM - 17 October, 2013
have you tried DVS with SDJ ? how does it compare to SSL?
boabmatic 9:33 AM - 17 October, 2013
Konix's got a vid up...

Watchwww.youtube.com

Will the 62 be updated to include the Shift function to turn off the hardware control for knobs/buttons and only transmit MIDI control when SDJ is supported?
boabmatic 9:44 AM - 17 October, 2013
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:17 AM - 17 October, 2013
Hi Boabmatic,

Unfortunately I have not used Turntables in awhile (i know, shame on me!)

I will try and wake up the 1200s soon :)

Using the CD version of DVS with SDJ works.
Hybrid mode from the SC3900 works.
boabmatic 12:41 PM - 17 October, 2013
yeah I saw your comment on instagram after I posted that up....

cheers...
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:46 PM - 17 October, 2013
Pic is up on twitter.com

woot woot. You know what Paris Hilton would say, right........?

Do you luv it?

lol
Joee 3:06 PM - 23 October, 2013
my ddi sr gets here today......i finally got a controller before you?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:47 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
my ddi sr gets here today......i finally got a controller before you?

I dont like you! lol

Damn you Pioneer! Im trying to refuse to go to another vendor. agiprodj has been good to me.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:40 AM - 25 October, 2013
Bought some Shure needles... Woke up the hibernating 1200s

instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
Dj Nyce 3:41 PM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:

instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com

how do you like the ddj-sp1 with the 64 and turntables?
dj-freestyle 5:48 PM - 25 October, 2013
would love to hear about ddj-sp1 using video. says it has dedicated video options. i have a rane 62 and ddj-sx but for video that sp1 might be dope.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:56 AM - 26 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com
instagram.com

how do you like the ddj-sp1 with the 64 and turntables?

Nyce,

I am so used to the DDJSX control layout that the DDJSP1 just fits right in,no relearning required.

In my opinion, If you are a turntablist, you are probably more comfortable having a dicer next to the tables.
This video by Serato shows what you can do with the DDJSP1 with turntables. so my opinion might be null and void lol.
Watchwww.youtube.com

But if you mix "normally" like me, and use a lot of SDJ features and FX, then the DDJSP1 is a great add on to any SDJ mixer.

It so simple to use.
monchi 2:49 PM - 27 October, 2013
So X. how you liking that 64? Is DJ Serato to your liking, pros and cons? THANKS
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:22 PM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:
So X. how you liking that 64? Is DJ Serato to your liking, pros and cons? THANKS

Monchi,

I have been using Serato DJ since last November 2012 when the DDJSX came out, so there was no transition period required.
I am also excited that SDJ will be the main software. No more Itch and ScratchLive (after Rane 62 is implemented)

For the Rane 64,owning a 62 was also a smooth transition too.
Built quality is always top notch.
Layout is great.
My issue (Learning curve) is to stop forgetting to switch layers.
I would have the sample layer on and forget that I need the Cue layer on, so once in a while there will be odd air horn playing LOL. This also happened on my 62...

I have not brought out the 64 in the real world and cant really provide any issues likes/dislikes.

A curve ball, owning the DDJSP1 makes me gravitate to use it more than the 64's control.
Again this is due to the fact that it is the same control layout on the DDJSX, which I have been accustomed to.

You cant go wrong with The Rane 64 and Serato DJ and maybe add the DDSP1 later ;)

instagram.com
monchi 4:32 PM - 27 October, 2013
Thank you for that response. I was thinking about getting the 68 but that 64 is sure looking real tempting right about now. Thanks again X.
Dj Nyce 9:32 PM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Monchi,

I have been using Serato DJ since last November 2012 when the DDJSX came out, so there was no transition period required.
I am also excited that SDJ will be the main software. No more Itch and ScratchLive (after Rane 62 is implemented)

Layout is great.
I would have the sample layer on and forget that I need the Cue layer on, so once in a while there will be odd air horn playing LOL. This also happened on my 62...

I have not brought out the 64 in the real world and cant really provide any issues likes/dislikes.

A curve ball, owning the DDJSP1 makes me gravitate to use it more than the 64's control.
Again this is due to the fact that it is the same control layout on the DDJSX, which I have been accustomed to.

You cant go wrong with The Rane 64 and Serato DJ and maybe add the DDSP1 later ;)

instagram.com

when i read the manual for the 64 i knew that was going to be biggie (cue, loops, sp-6). even on the 62 i do the same thing with the sp-6/cue (forget to switch). to mitigate that, i always leave the 62 on sp-6 and use the dicers for cues. this lets me have dedicated controls for looping, cues and sp-6 separately.
Culprit 6:01 AM - 28 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Monchi,

Layout is great.

instagram.com

when i read the manual for the 64 i knew that was going to be biggie (cue, loops, sp-6). even on the 62 i do the same thing with the sp-6/cue (forget to switch). to mitigate that, i always leave the 62 on sp-6 and use the dicers for cues. this lets me have dedicated controls for looping, cues and sp-6 separately.

Thats a great idea using the dicers in combo
dj-freestyle 3:01 PM - 28 October, 2013
I have the denon 3900's witch have dedicated cues buttons so i can leave cue's on 62 in sp6 mode otherwise i would do same thing im sure. i know on my ddj i when i hit echo out for effects i forget to turn it off and in headphones it doesnt show effect like my 62 does with echo out so i go to mix and no song. lol lol .
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:24 AM - 3 November, 2013
The siblings?

instagram.com
Rane, Support
Chad S. 4:47 PM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:
The siblings?

instagram.com

Oh man, I like that! Can you email the pic to chads@rane.com and we'll put it up on Facebook? Pretty please ;)
djdannyd 8:30 PM - 6 November, 2013
I will have a set of siblings myself in a couple of days as well (Thanks Shaun for speeding things up a bit).
I just hope that these clowns don't deliver it like this ~~~> www.businessinsider.com
monchi 2:42 AM - 30 November, 2013
Danny your 64 came in? Any feedback? Thanks
djdannyd 4:49 AM - 30 November, 2013
it did come in. Been testing it out and loving it thus far, not quite ready to use it out in the wild due to the software (need to win my trust). In the mean time, I'm using my 62z with SSL. Serato Dj has been working great but I guess its just the trust factor.
monchi 12:44 AM - 1 December, 2013
Cool cool, but are the buttons really different. How do they compare in feel. Are they harder , do they feel rubbery. Does it take a lot of pressure to depress the buttons on the 64. Can you elaborate if they feel waaaaaaay better than the 68. Any crashes with Serato DJ? Thanks Danny.
monchi 11:56 PM - 15 September, 2014
DJ_X_Trodinaire did you order the PLX