Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Twitch doesn't power up. Nothing recognized. No lights.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
zackayak 2:57 PM - 5 October, 2013
Brought the Twitch home for my son last week. Downloaded and installed USB drivers, installed Serato DJ on my older Macbook Pro. Device doesn't do a thing. Yes, the computer is plugged into power. Computer doesn't recognize any USB device plugged in. Tried alternate cables. I tried all the same things on another computer (A Mac Pro). Same- nothing.

Brought it back for a new one, but had same result.

Just went to work and picked up a PC laptop. Same thing happening. Tried unloading and reloading in various orders.
The PC gives three fast beeps indicating a USB device is plugged in. It shows an unknown device and it can't find the correct drivers.
viktor frih 5:34 PM - 6 October, 2013
Hey! I have the same problem.
Did you find a answer?
zackayak 6:06 PM - 6 October, 2013
Yes - the answer was to return it and get my money back.

I paid for the extra 2 year warranty coverage, but decided based on this that it wouldn't be worth the frustration.

I brought two computers - one Mac and one PC - to the store with me to demonstrate that I had tried multiple cables, downloading drivers, updating the program, making sure power was attached, checking Midi ports, etc. One time, the twitch did turn on completely on the PC, but on restart, was dead again. After that, it would do the Knight Rider thing, indicating it had power, but nothing lit up or responded.

When I left, I'm sure they put the units onto the Clearance table for someone else to buy, so now I know not to trust that store either.

Good Luck!
Serato, Support
Mak T 8:44 PM - 8 October, 2013
Hey zackayak,

Its shame that your experiencing these issues and you had to take your hardware back to the store.

- How is everything going now though?

- Have you moved to another controller?

- Do you have any arising issues or questions about the software?

Cheers

Mak T
7:02 AM, 23 Oct 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.