Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

PC won't detect twitch anymore even after reinstalling drivers

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
karakter 2:54 AM - 1 October, 2013
I was playing a gig using twitch and allowed someone to charge their iphone in one of the USB ports of my laptop while I was playing, which seemed to have created some kind of a usb port conflict. Very strange but after that the decks don't appear on itch anymore (I tried all of the USB ports) and all I get is the stripes illuminated strips.

I uninstalled itch 2.2.2 and reinstalled it with twitch plugged in, restarted the computer after trying that several times and still it doesn't work. I even downloaded the novation windows drivers and the device still remains unrecognized. Tried uninstalling any apple related programs that may have been installed through the iphone being plugged in.

I'm not sure what else to try. Do I need to reinstall windows?

Computer: Lenovo thinkpad T410 i7, 2.67GHz, 4gb RAM,
Windows 7, 32 bit.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Serato, Support
David Wood 3:40 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hey karakter,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you are having that issue. I have a couple of ideas for you to try.

• Make sure you are not connected to the USB 3.0 port in your computer (Connect to USB 2.0 instead).
• Go to the Sound icon on the bottom right of the Window 7 taskbar. Right click > PlayBack devices. - Make sure that your controller is NOT set as the default sound device, set it to your internal sound device.
• If that doesn't work, Computer > Right click - Manage > Device Manager > Sound, game and video controllers > TWITCH > Right click - Uninstall. Disconnect your TWITCH then reconnect. Then reopen Serato ITCH.

Any change?

Regards
Dave W
karakter 4:40 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hi Dave,

Thanks for these ideas. The issue is that twitch is not being recognized as a device at all. When i plug it in it windows searches for drivers and doesn't find any (even after I manually install both novation pc drivers 2.5 and itch with twitch connected) In device manager it appears as "unknown device" under "other devices" and is not under sound devices at all. Every time i plug it in it does this. It was working OK with same itch version installed and now it completely stopped recognizing it.

Anything else I can try? Thanks again.
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:48 AM - 3 October, 2013
Sounds like there could be some kind of conflict or corruption. Have you have any issue when you install the driver or have you been to the add remove programs window and uninstalled it from there and try reinstalling driver?

Dave W
karakter 8:54 PM - 3 October, 2013
Hi Dave. Yes I had tried the above as well. After connecting the twitch to a couple of other laptops it became evident that something in the twitch "broke" even though it was receiving power from the laptop the USB was unable to connect. Perhaps the unit's firmware was corrupted as it became 'unrecognizable'

I was shipped urgently a unit today, which I just connected and it works fine with just the itch drivers - didn't even need to install any drivers directly from novation. FYI, everyone take note that sometimes this can happen with the twitch and you may need to exchange it.

All the best,
Serato, Support
David Wood 2:34 AM - 7 October, 2013
Glad you got a new one and everything is working great.

I'll close this thread for now, feel free to reopen if you have any further issues.

Regards
Dave W