DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 - Different effects on each Channel?

iammoz 7:31 PM - 27 September, 2013
Hi all,

Is there any way of assigning different effects to each of the channels on the Rane 62? I've just upgraded from the 909 where this was a core function and I've never ventured into routing external effects via USB so I'm not sure of the mechanics of this method.. Any ideas?
s3kn0tr0n1c 11:11 AM - 28 September, 2013
Not mixer flex fx as they share the same fx bus. Only way to do this is to use software fx, or software and mixer fx ;)
iammoz 7:16 PM - 28 September, 2013
Nice one. Understand that the flex fx can't split to channel.. How do I route the channels through an external fx and back so that each channel can be effected separately? Are we talking midi controls using, for example, the serato software effects?
nik39 8:15 AM - 30 September, 2013
Quote:
How do I route the channels through an external fx and back so that each channel can be effected separately?

You can't. The external FX route is part of the one and only FX route.

Quote:
Are we talking midi controls using, for example, the serato software effects?

Yes, that's what you can do. Assign Midi controls to the Serato DJ software FX.
Joshua Carl 3:44 PM - 30 September, 2013
Yes, this is what I do.

One of the best features if of the iPad app
Plus it has effects roll, which is pretty wild

So hardware effect on 1 side, and dj-efx on the other.
dj-freestyle 3:24 PM - 10 October, 2013
With serato dj when it comes live you will be able to do that from what i undertand becasue it wont be locked down the same way scratch live is now.
BBN 11:30 AM - 24 October, 2013
Not a big problem to use different effects on each deck.
You can use the effects of the Sixty-Two and Serato's internal effects at the same time.
Just midimap them to any other controller or another midipage on your Sixty-Two.
monkeyfunk 11:10 PM - 1 September, 2014
Quote:
Not a big problem to use different effects on each deck.
You can use the effects of the Sixty-Two and Serato's internal effects at the same time.
Just midimap them to any other controller or another midipage on your Sixty-Two.

BBN, could you advise how to do this ?
BBN 9:58 AM - 2 September, 2014
All you need is to open the FX panel and the Midi panel in Serato DJ or Scratch Live and then map the buttons like you want them.
I'm using a Pioneer DDJ-SP1 now and don't need a mapping anymore.
Joshua Carl 4:38 PM - 2 September, 2014
yup, theres quite a few ways of doing it, all depending on your preferred route to engage them.
I have them mapped to Lemur.
but when im not doing video, I use the Serato Remote.... its nice because it actually has roll/latch function for your effects on a x/y pad
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:17 AM - 22 September, 2014
Hi iammoz

you can use the software and the hardware effects post fader with the Sixty Two, but you'll get one return point (post faders, right before the master) so there is no individual effect per channel at the same time. Assigning the sends is easy though with the push of the FLEX FX button on either side.

OR

you can use the software effects as INSERT effects (pre fader send and return)
The way to do is is by NOT using the USB-INSERT button on the mixer but instead assign the effects to the decks in the software.

That way it's possible to use one effect on the left and a different effect on the right channel.

Cheers
Karl