Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Macbook Air and Numark NS7

Product
ITCH
Version
1.8.1 (Numark NS6)
Hardware
Novation TWITCH + Numark NSFX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj Tee-jay 1:45 PM - 21 September, 2013
i just bought a macbook air and have downloaded serato itch but it keep on telling me hardware not connected and i have tried all the itch,still the same problem what can i do
Serato, Support
Micah G. 11:50 PM - 22 September, 2013
Hey DJ Tee-jay,

Can you try using another USB port and other cables to connect. Also, can you try connecting it to another computer, and let me know how that goes.

If you still have problems after that, can you reply with your full computer specs, and a list of ALL connected USB devices.

Cheers,
Micah
Dj Tee-jay 1:35 PM - 24 September, 2013
Processor 1.3GHz intel core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600MHz DDR3
Graphics. intel HD graphics 5000 1024MB
Software. OS X 10.8.5 (12F37)

its still the same problem.. I tried it with other laptop its working fine but with my macbook air.. its saying hardware not connected..
Serato, Support
Micah G. 10:42 PM - 24 September, 2013
Hey Tee-jay,

Can you try downloading Novation USB 1.1 driver - Version 2.5 from here - global.novationmusic.com

Once you've done that, reboot your computer.

Let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
Micah
Dj Tee-jay 9:20 AM - 25 September, 2013
the same situation.. Is it possible that the problem is Processor 1.3GHz intel core i5 or that has nothing to do with it ??
Serato, Support
Micah G. 1:41 AM - 26 September, 2013
Hey Tee-jay,

You need to make sure you 'Output Device' is set to 'Internal Speakers' and your 'Input Device' is set to 'Internal Microphone'.

To do that, follow these steps:
Hold the 'option' button and click on the speaker icon > insure 'Internal Speakers' & 'Internal Microphone' are ticked.

Cheers,
Micah
Dj Tee-jay 6:26 PM - 29 September, 2013
still the same problem, thinking the problem is Processor 1.3GHz intel core i5 .. dont know what to do next ,maybe i should get macbook pro?
Serato, Support
Micah G. 1:36 AM - 30 September, 2013
Hey Tee-jay,

I've just spoken with a colleague, and have been told there's a known issue with the Numark drivers working with the Macbook Airs. There's no current workaround for this, but we have made Numark aware of the issue, and are awaiting a reply from them.

Let me know if you have any other questions :-)

Cheers,
Micah
7:04 AM, 14 Oct 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Dj Tee-jay 4:29 AM - 6 November, 2013
Hello,
I have been able to buy myself macbook pro.. I am using numarks ns7 on my macbook pro but after 30 to 1hour the sound will start fluctuating until i will need to turnoff the numarks.. what can like be the problem?
Serato, Support
Micah G. 8:43 PM - 6 November, 2013
Hey Dj Tee-jay,

What operating system is your MacBook Pro using? Numark don't currently have Mavericks (OS 10.9) supported drivers, so that could be the issue.

It could also be your USB Buffer Size. We need to increase the latency. To do that follow these steps:

Open Serato DJ > Setup > Audio > Increase USB Buffer Size (move to the right)

Cheers,
Micah
Dj Tee-jay 5:24 AM - 7 November, 2013
I am using OS 10.6.8. the USB Buffer is on 512 and 10 but i in crease it to the last which is 1024.. I will try it again and see how it works and will get back as soon as possible.. thanks for your quick response....
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:33 PM - 7 November, 2013
No problem, let me know how that goes :-)

Micah
Dj Tee-jay 8:56 AM - 9 November, 2013
Still the same problem,Could it be that my numark is having problem or do i need to re-install itch????
Serato, Support
Micah G. 7:56 PM - 10 November, 2013
Hey Dj Tee-jay,

I would suggest trying to reinstalling ITCH and the Numark drivers for your controller. Also, try connect the controller with another computer and see if you have the same issue.

Cheers,
Micah
8:04 AM, 25 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.