DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane MP25 with Serato DJ

musiclee 11:36 PM - 13 September, 2013
as there is no Rane Mixer discussion under SDJ, i post here.

Serato, PLEASE support SDJ on the MP25
I know this is Rane's mixer, but please give them the ability to unlock SDJ and use the mixers audio card

I am willing to flat out buy SDJ.
I don't want the extra SL2 box in the mix.
Just the MP25 with SDJ

I really don't want to use Traktor, or VDJ which the MP25 supports.

PLEASE make it happen.
It's a win-win for Rane AND Serato
DJMark 12:01 AM - 14 September, 2013
That would make a lot of sense for installations.

There's definitely a strong case, when considering a mixer to be "permanently installed" in a venue, for going with something that does not have all the "extras" (cuepoint buttons, other software controls) on it. Just allowing different DJ's to plug in and use their own choice(s) for controllers.
musiclee 2:47 PM - 14 September, 2013
It makes sense for mobile, gigging DJ's, wedding DJ's like me
Serato please support the MP25 or give a a 19" rackmount mixer/controller that does
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:12 PM - 18 September, 2013
There has been talk of this but so far no plans. This is something we (Rane) would like to see though.
musiclee 6:55 AM - 20 September, 2013
Zach. Talk is good. I really hope you guys can convince Serato to support it.
It would be totally aawwwweesssooommeeeee
musiclee 4:02 AM - 24 September, 2013
Serato

Would YOU like to see or allow support for the awesome Rane MP25?
WarpNote 1:01 PM - 24 September, 2013
I'm sure Serato would like to support as many Rane mixers as possible/workable. Now, if its possible/workable to do, I have no idea. Pretty sure they need to focus on the the new hardware first, then the SSL Rane hardware comes next. That would put the mp25 third in line. Anyway, that's my guess....
musiclee 4:41 PM - 24 September, 2013
Zach from Rane says Rane would like to support it
So i guess it's up to the Serato team
WarpNote 4:47 PM - 24 September, 2013
Yeah, I guess it boils down to sound card technology and/or licensing.
Lets hope they can sort it out :D
I guess if enough users want it, they'll probably make it...
musiclee 6:35 PM - 24 September, 2013
if they can't make it happen to the MP25
then maybe release a MP25 SDJ ;-)
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:09 PM - 16 October, 2013
I'm not sure regarding Serato DJ. I know there has been a lot of discussion about getting them to work with Scratch Live via a firmware update/fee.

I'll bring this up again. All of us in support think it would be great to get these working with Serato DJ.
musiclee 9:57 PM - 16 October, 2013
it wouldn't be great

it would be frickin' AWESOME !!!

i now have to carry around an "extra" SL-3 to make it happen :-)

thanks Zach and please keep pushing for this ...
musiclee 9:49 PM - 17 October, 2013
Zach S.

so it's possible via FIRMWARE to make it happen?

or hardware modification (internals) required?

just curious :-)
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:55 PM - 17 October, 2013
Sorry.. but I don't have this info at this point.
musiclee 2:31 PM - 7 November, 2013
Zach,

any news, update or progress with 4500/SDJ ?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:13 PM - 7 November, 2013
I have not gotten any news about this.
musiclee 5:54 PM - 7 November, 2013
i meant the MP25 :-)

and of course the 4500, but that's another thread
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:01 PM - 7 November, 2013
No new news on that either.
musiclee 5:23 AM - 8 February, 2014
Zach, still no news? Time to give up?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:56 PM - 10 February, 2014
Sorry buddy.. lots of going on that are ahead of that.
musiclee 7:28 PM - 10 February, 2014
thank you Zach for the update,

i like your response actually

it gives me a little hope :-)
musiclee 7:29 PM - 10 February, 2014
i hope 1 of the things ahead of the MP25 is the HC-4500 ;-)
DJ Quartz 12:43 AM - 3 June, 2014
It would be a good service offering, that way you have an officially supported software solution for all of your current DJ mixer line up.
musiclee 5:41 PM - 20 June, 2014
Zach, 4 months gone by,,,

any news, any hope? :-)
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:53 PM - 20 June, 2014
No sorry. I don't think this is gonna happen... definitely not anytime soon anyways.
DJ Quartz 5:56 PM - 20 June, 2014
Out of curiosity, what is needed for something like this to happen?
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:22 PM - 20 June, 2014
It would require Serato and Rane to work out a license agreement and to make a change in the firmware on the MP25 and/or change in the software.
Both companies are extremely busy right now which is why this won't be happening in the foreseeable future.
musiclee 7:51 PM - 20 June, 2014
Zach. I appreciate your time. I guess I will have to hold onto my SL-3.
Was hoping to lighten the load. :-)

Any idea about native support for the awesome Denon HC4500 ?? I asked in another thread but no answers...
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:45 PM - 20 June, 2014
Hey musiclee,

The same situation would have to happen with the Denon HC4500. If Denon wanted to do this, typically they would approach Serato with a proposal in mind about why this would make commercial sense for both companies invest some time in the product.

As Zach mentioned for the MP25, Serato would firstly add a "handshake" in the software and then map all the buttons to software functions. This is often folllowed by a firmware update, which would make the behavior of the device more compatible and user friendly with Serato DJ MIDI spec and address any other problems that may arise during development. (There may be several firmware (and software) iterations before the final release).

In short, a handshake on the development level and a handshake on the commercial level :)

Regarding the Denon HC4500. The best thing you can do is create a thread in the Serato DJ feature suggestion area, (just like you have here with the MP25). If many people are to join in your discussion and request the same thing, the likelihood of something like this happening increases.

I'd also suggest making a post on the Denon forums, or getting in contact with them to express your interest. The more people request it, the more likely it will be considered.
musiclee 2:46 AM - 21 June, 2014
Martin. First off, thank you

I have already posted about the 4500 in serato DJ feature suggestion area, and we have over 100 replies on this

As far as Denon , I also posted in their forum, but they are weird,
Whenever I post, they like to remove or shall i say, "hide" it and/or move post to an 'old' thread where nobody will read it.
It's very annoying in my opinion and wrong at the same time.

The 4500 is an awesome controller.
It already works with SSL 100%
I really feel that SDJ compatibility could 'easily' happen if Serato would map it.
I am willing to pay for this as are many here. PLEASE make it happen.
It's a win win for everyone
Serato, Support
Martin C 6:34 AM - 21 June, 2014
Cool, I have posted over in that discussion. Perhaps we can continue to talk about the HC4500 over in the other area, because its interests me that you would be willing to pay for mapping support - its not something we have charged for in the past.
musiclee 4:04 PM - 21 June, 2014
I would go as far as $100 for full mapping. Text included.

I'm sure others would do at least $50. :-)

Thanks so so much
DJ Quartz 4:06 PM - 22 June, 2014
For the Denon device are you just looking to have it midi mapped?
DJ Quartz 4:17 PM - 22 June, 2014
Off topic but I do see now the HC4500 has 24-bit soundard.

So in the aspect I can see that you could eliminate the extra box if not eliminated.

Here's a suggestion....

Why doesn't Serato come up with legacy support program?

If you're device was supported in Scratch Live and is usb 2.0 compliant, etc....

Why rewrite the whole firmware level, if Scratch Live has the code to recognize and interface with the device why not build that into Serato DJ for legacy support.

That way the SSL handshake is recognized, etc...

Yes the company should pay a licensing fee to continue support to cover the financial side of things but the the work has already been done.

The licensing costs can cover the time involved moving the SSL handshake code over to SDJ for legacy support.
DJ Quartz 4:36 PM - 22 June, 2014
Where the problem comes is... Does that device still make the vendor money because if they are not making the device or seeing sale profit from it anymore. This is where the problem comes in, or it might be discontinued but there is tons of units in the market still.

It comes to the user to covering the cost of implementing the SSL legacy code into SDJ for device support because Serato will see more merit than the original vendor in a case like this.

If users are willing to pay for the implementation that is where the model for a legacy device support program might have to be based on.

Specify what the hardware requirements are, ie USB 2.0 interface, how many channels, etc....

Then it's a win win, Serato doesn't have to wait on the vendor since you have the code already and you get direct revenue from the user base for dev time.

The user wins because their SSL device is supported if it meets the hardware requirements for SDJ. It's cost them nominal charge but gain directly from it as well without having to depend on the original vendor to gain support.

In a case of the MP series mixers it's a little different because they never had official SSL support.

Rane would have to step in because it willl require software updates to implement support.
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:23 AM - 23 June, 2014
In theory, thats a reasonable idea.

When a hardware partner pays a licensing fee, a contract is signed etc - thats guaranteed money for Serato to go forth and spend time on development.

With your legacy support program, there isn't that guarantee, so its a little bit different and risky for Serato. How can we be assured that X many users will be prepared to pay X amount for Serato DJ support? Just because they say they will?

I am not saying its completely out of the question, because businesses take risks all the time, but that is quite an outstanding risk.

Also, we support devices in a much more technically robust and very different way with Serato DJ than we do in Scratch Live. Its not just a matter of re-using the code, it would be re-written from scratch.
musiclee 5:24 PM - 23 June, 2014
Serato, Martin, how about this scenario..

you tell us we need $2,000 to make this happen.
we set up an account, paypal, i guess
all those interested, donate, let's say $50,

when we reach the $2,000 , the projects begins.
once project is done, only those who contributed get update, etc.
maybe theres a way to update controller via serial nymber etc?

???
DJ Quartz 5:43 PM - 23 June, 2014
I think we're going in the right direction...

@ Martin

What Musiclee said was going to be my response. You can go to the forum and pose the question for the legacy controllers.

Take the allen & health controller for instance, look at how many people yelled about that.

A pricing scheme would have to be determined but open it up to the public user base and see what the response is.

Start a sticky thread and say hey... we are looking to feedback on these legacy controllers that meet the requirements for Serato DJ.

The vendors haven't invested in licensing but we are offering fee based support to the userbase of these devices if there is interest.

Hell, I would pay for 57 support if the hardware had met the specifications.
musiclee 5:48 PM - 23 June, 2014
i would love support for both the Rane MP25 (standalone, no SL required)
and the Denon HC4500 full mapping, and i'll pay $100 for each if it happens
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:17 PM - 23 June, 2014
Disclosing how much it costs for device support in Serato DJ is not something I can do I am afraid.

What you are suggesting isn't far away from whats already happening. You have a discussion for both of these devices, so just continue to rally support for them in their respective discussions.

If many people request it, the chances of it happening increases.
musiclee 12:51 AM - 24 June, 2014
ok, so instead of disclosing costs $$,
ask all who want their devices updated to pay x $$$, be it $25, $50, $100, etc :-)

in all seriousness Martin, thanks for taking this topic seriously
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:56 AM - 25 June, 2014
No problem. In my opinion its worth considering any idea! Its very different to how we operate now though, it sounds like a kickstarter project type thing.

Realistically I think it will be difficult to find enough people to reach the goal. Without telling you the cost (because its massively variable based on the work required to support each device, so we don't have a set "fee") you are probably looking at roughly a months salary for 6 staff. This would include developers, testers, firmware engineers (if necessary).

Even though these aren't precise details I think you can get a ball park figure - its going to be more than any value mentioned in this discussion so far.

Some other concerns:

- Is there a cut off time that if the project doesn't reach its goal, the people who invested get a refund?
- What if someone backs out once they have invested, can they?
- What happens if the project becomes harder than estimated, and more resources are required. Is everyone happy to continue to wait for more people to invest?
- How many people will invest without knowing a definite cost/goal to reach?
musiclee 2:29 PM - 25 June, 2014
i think whoever mapped the 4500 to work with SSL should be head of this project
of course it will require lots of hours, but since it's been done once for SSl and SDJ is similar, perhaps the task of mapping 4500-SDJ will not be so bad.

so you say a months salary for 6 people, that's about 960 man hours,
i'm just going to guess that it won't take this long

cut off time, let's say 1 year
if you back out, you lose $$

maybe Denon can help with this, do some of the mapping as well... ?
musiclee 1:40 PM - 2 July, 2014
as far as mapping the MP25 to control SDJ, or SSL

what do you guys think would be the best knobs, faders, buttons, on MP25 to map the following:

load left
load right
scroll up/down of tracks
tab between crates
cue(s)
play/pause
stop
pitch up/down

problem i see is that the mp25 does not have any endless encoders (for scrolling)
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:21 PM - 2 July, 2014
Thats the beauty of MIDI mapping, you can choose how you map it. Some of those functions aren't available quite yet, but you can start experimenting with the available features in Serato DJ 1.6.3 now.
musiclee 10:31 PM - 2 July, 2014
Maybe I use a fader of unused channel to scroll library. Problem is if crate is huge it will scroll too fast. :-(
musiclee 3:05 PM - 8 August, 2014
i was thinking of getting Akai AMX to "open" SDJ
i'd rather give Serato/Rane $250 to make my Rane MP25 "open" SDJ instead
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:17 PM - 8 August, 2014
Your SL2 will open SDJ and then you can MIDI map your MP25 to control it... for now anyways. We have a lot going on at Rane right now but we'll revisit the MP25/SDJ compatibility when we can.
musiclee 8:44 PM - 8 August, 2014
thank you Zach,

compatibility for 1 out of my 2 units would be awesome,
given a choice, i'd take MP25-SDJ over HC4500-SDJ
probably would be "easier" to make happen for you guys
i could then sell my SL-3, and replace DN-HC4500 with DN-HC1000 and be VERY happy
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:46 PM - 8 August, 2014
Hey musiclee,

Quote:
compatibility for 1 out of my 2 units would be awesome

You are aware that your SL3 is already compatible right? As Zach said you can MIDI map your MP25 to the software. We have just released a beta version which expands on the functions you can MIDI map to: serato.com

Quote:
i could then sell my SL-3, and replace DN-HC4500 with DN-HC1000 and be VERY happy

This is a potential option also. The DN-HC1000 is supported as an accessory, and the SL3 can be used as your soundcard.
musiclee 5:28 AM - 9 August, 2014
Martin. Yes I know SL3 is SDJ compatible
The only thing holding me back is my HC4500
My MP25 unfortunately doesn't have endless encoder for library scroll
Doesnt have play, pause, cue, Basically doesn't have enough "free" buttons to program
I'm just trying to reduce the load a bit. Get rid of SL3 if MP25 did what MP4 did etc,

I want SDJ+4500+MP25. That's it !!!
musiclee 4:51 PM - 24 August, 2014
Martin. Please put pressure on your team

Sad that a $250 Akai mixer will open SDJ
And a $1,500 Rane mixer will not. :-(
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:42 AM - 25 August, 2014
Hi musiclee,

The Rane mixer is a lot higher build quality than the Akai mixer and the price reflects that (I think Akai will be happy to admit that too). They aren't really comparable in that regard because they both serve different purposes, but in terms of whether it is supported by Serato DJ or not, doesn't really come into the equation of the retail price so much, its about the business agreement made.

Both Serato and the hardware partner must believe it is commercially viable to do so. As I have mentioned in other discussions you have been in - the pressure really comes from the market and the customers e.g you.

The more people jumping in this discussion or any other similar ones you have created, or contacting Serato or Rane directly with this feedback, will increase the likelihood of it happening.

I don't want to give you false hope so I say this politely, just yourself posting frequently in this discussion will not be sufficient to make this a reality.

I hope you understand :)
musiclee 12:41 PM - 25 August, 2014
I understand ,
I'll email Rane and Serato but I'm not expecting any positive answers unfortunately.

I saw the MP25 as an upgrade to my MP4
But it kinda was a downgrade in some ways... Still love it but just wish it opened SDJ.

It's probably all in the Serato code
musiclee 1:42 PM - 25 August, 2014
Martin,

who do i email @ Rane and Serato?
i don't to email a general inbox to have interns reply back :-)

thanks...
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:04 PM - 25 August, 2014
We're very aware that you'd like this.
As Martin said, unless this is seen as financially viable by both Rane and Serato than this is unlikely to happen. So far, you are one of maybe five people I've talked to that would like this.
Unfortunately that is not a big enough group to see any action here.
This isn't to say it won't happen but I wouldn't hold your breath.

The MP25 was designed to take the place of the MP24/22... not the MP4.
musiclee 10:05 PM - 25 August, 2014
Thanks Zach and Martin for your replies
Much appreciated...

Just looking to make an awesome mixer even better and lighten the load a little :-)
musiclee 2:54 PM - 27 August, 2014
not sure how much good it will do but...
i also posted on the Rane Forum, but those Forums seem to be a bit "abandoned"
musiclee 12:25 PM - 2 September, 2014
Was hoping SDJ 1.7 would be the answer to my prayers. :-)
DJ Ed Wong 4:00 AM - 10 November, 2014
+1 on "paying" to have the Rane MP25/MP26 act as an SL box

Tho I suspect MusicLee - that we are in the small minority of DJs that actually own these mixers.... they aren't anywhere near the same "cost" level as an Akai AMX :)

(and to Zach - I also have an MP2 - it was a great "small" mixer!)
(and a ton of other Rane processors, line mixer etc - the SM26B has been a gig saver for so any "how do I integrate / create a feed for" situations)
DJ Ed Wong 2:58 AM - 11 November, 2014
Just to make sure I understand what MusicLee is asking for....

To "unlock" MP25 (or on my case the MP26) so that when the mixer is plugged into the laptop, it "looks" to Serato Live or Serato DJ as if we had plugged in a SL4 box (minus the second USB port)

I don't care if the effects don't work (the MP26) in Serato; they will occur AFTER the fader and thus be part of MIXER's audio chain.

Ideally, the Serato "record" channel will pull off the main (after the various effects loops).

I have no idea how any of the MP26 effects that are done on the computer, might work.

As far as midi mapping, I can't (off the cuff) imagine any plausible "Native Mapping".

Given that the street price of a SL4 box is $900
I can't venture to guess how much of this is the licensing fee to Serato; but for the point of discussion, what would this be worth to ME?

I dunno - basically this saves me from having to buy a SL4 - so what - uh - $450? Maybe more? To me, by the time you start getting up to $700 or so - the cost difference versus the flexibility difference drops and it makes less sense to get the "unlocked" and just to get an SL box - extra crap be dammed.
musiclee 1:49 PM - 11 November, 2014
DJ Ed.

Yes. All I want is for my $1,500 MP25 to unlock SDJ
I will pay for it
I have an SL-3 inside my rack. Taking up space and adding weight
musiclee 12:20 AM - 16 March, 2015
Serato DJ Club Kit please for the awesome MP-25
hargy 10:20 AM - 10 August, 2015
OK. Todays announcement appears to me to be a game changer. The 2015 is now on the Serato DJ list. It is so similar hardware wise to the mp25 that I cannot now see why support is not extended. Im getting pretty annoyed with the poor support Rane and Serato give to its partnership. As someone said you can buy poorer quality non Rane equipment and its supported. We the community would like to see support for Rane products. otherwise we have a deal. As the 2015 is now on the list of supported hardware we want to see our investment realised with a version update to include Rane MP25 and MP26.

Is the other answer that by altering to Traktor that I could have a working solution?
Mattigaan 2:27 PM - 10 August, 2015
Hi guys,

If anyone could help that'd be great...

Based on today's announcement I just purchased the MP2015..been waiting for the Serato support so jumped straight on it, arrives later this week and I can't wait!

I currently have Serato DJ with an SL2 box - so can someone tell me exactly what license I need to purchase to get the full built in timecode support from the MP2015 soundcards? Do I need the full Club Kit, or just the DVS kit, Or something else?

Thanks for any assistance, and also thanks to everyone contributing to these forums... been lurking for a while and have picked up some good pointers and help from the various topics on here...seems like a great community!

Cheers
Matt
musiclee 2:56 PM - 10 August, 2015
hargy, i feel your pain,

it seems like the awesome MP25 will never be supported,
yes, there are other way cheaper. Non Rane devices that get all the attention
Sucks that you drop $1500 + and get no SDJ kit
Mattigaan 3:03 PM - 10 August, 2015
Quote:
Hi guys,

If anyone could help that'd be great...

Based on today's announcement I just purchased the MP2015..been waiting for the Serato support so jumped straight on it, arrives later this week and I can't wait!

I currently have Serato DJ with an SL2 box - so can someone tell me exactly what license I need to purchase to get the full built in timecode support from the MP2015 soundcards? Do I need the full Club Kit, or just the DVS kit, Or something else?

Thanks for any assistance, and also thanks to everyone contributing to these forums... been lurking for a while and have picked up some good pointers and help from the various topics on here...seems like a great community!

Cheers
Matt

Whoops I posted in wrong topic, sorry! Carry on...
WarpNote 7:36 AM - 11 August, 2015
@Mattigaan, you need the full club kit.
DJ Ed Wong 2:14 AM - 16 December, 2015
huh

I just noticed on the Rane site that the MP25/MP26 have joined the MP4 (and the MP2) as discontinued items....

Anyone know when that happened?
musiclee 3:18 PM - 16 December, 2015
that sux because the MP25 is a dream of a mixer for Mobile DJ's
i will continue to use mine forever until a better 19" rack mixer comes along!!!
Bring on the Club Kit for this PLEASE :-) i will pay!!!
DJ Ed Wong 3:40 PM - 16 December, 2015
I love my MP26

Tho I wonder if I would have been better off with the MP25
I don't really use the effects, tho I DO use the outboard loop
musiclee 4:24 PM - 16 December, 2015
you'd save yourself 1 rack space :-)
DJ Ed Wong 10:17 PM - 16 December, 2015
Except, I don't have it mounted in a rack........
DJ Ed Wong 10:19 PM - 16 December, 2015
sunnydj 12:52 PM - 9 January, 2016
Can the mp25 crossfader be mapped to serato video?
2greendollars 2:59 PM - 18 February, 2016
for every person who participates in a discussion, serato, rest assured, there are another 100 out here wishing the same.

please make serato dj compatible with the MP25

please port over whats necessary from the old version of serato to make the Pioneer sep-c1 also compatible with SDJ.

then you would no longer have to have a legacy piece of software lurking around. makes a lot of commercial sense and I would pay to "unlock" this feature in SDJ.

Please RANE, spend the time on the business case. Theres also no excuse why a Pioneer product thats already compatible with an older version of Serato, be ported over to the newer SDJ.
DJ Quartz 3:54 PM - 18 February, 2016
Just a note to everyone, find other users that have the same gear and functionality needs and have them post in the Serato DJ feature request thread and have everyone vote.

That thread is monitored and if there is enough public interest and there is no technical limitations, that will drive the issue.
musiclee 6:45 PM - 18 February, 2016
I wanna pay for SDJ. MP25 compatibility
I'll pay $200 for that feature alone!!!!
Plug in MP25 and bam, SDJ opens
Like Rane MP4 did with SSL
musiclee 6:49 PM - 18 February, 2016
And then I'll pay another $100
For Denon HC4500 native support for SDJ
As 4500 worked with SSL

That's $300 waiting to be spent!!!!
And I'm sure others would be willing to contribute
With just a few of us here, I'm sure we'll pay the Serato "coder" his time. :-)
DJ Ed Wong 12:51 AM - 15 March, 2016
Im in for Rane MP26 and a "controller" surface sans mixer controls (i.e. Denon HC4500)
sunnydj 5:16 AM - 15 March, 2016
I currently use mp25 & hc4500 with SSL please support them with SDJ so I can use mac's latest os
Rebelguy 1:30 PM - 15 March, 2016
Quote:
I currently use mp25 & hc4500 with SSL please support them with SDJ so I can use mac's latest os

Using the latest OS would be a huge mistake.
musiclee 2:42 PM - 15 March, 2016
according to Serato, it's NEVER gonna happen, bummer!!! :-(
Sophisticated Sounds ENT 12:03 PM - 25 October, 2019
Did this ever get updated. Can I use the mp25 with SDJ?
DJ Ed Wong 2:13 PM - 25 October, 2019
Quote:
Did this ever get updated. Can I use the mp25 with SDJ?

nope

And now that Rane is no longer "Rane" that built the MP25/MP26, its really not gonna happen...

I suppose, if one had enough money, one could make it happen

You would have to buy the rights to the MP25/MP26 from Numark
Then pay Serato engineers to do the integration....
And licensing - probably have to sell it as add on (will Serato even do that?) because all the MP25/MP26 are already "paid for"

So - yeah - limited market

And at the end - you'll have a butchered Serato SL4 (you don't have the dual USB) ... for more than the cost of a used SL4?
musiclee 11:16 PM - 13 November, 2019
Build quality on that MP25 is unmatched
and sound quality as well. I miss Rane.
DJ Ed Wong 4:26 PM - 7 September, 2020
Quote:
I miss Rane.

Hey - DJ Lee

You still have that MP25

Ive been using my MP26 (its usually storage) since with COVID, I have to do my radio show remote, I needed a mixer....

Anyway - I was thinking
-- MP25/MP25 is MIDI
-- Serato has a PRO license (which I bought to use a DJ2Go2 with Pro)
-- Serato has a PLAY license (which I bought since I gave away my DJ2Go2 to a DJ in need)

so......

if its possible to update the driver for the MP26 to work in the OS yer running.... (I think the last working driver was El Cap on the Mac)

And the OS driver recognizes the MP26 as a MIDI device
And Serato recognizes the MP26 as a MIDI device

One could MAP the MP26 to Serato

I dunno about getting the audio streams to work (aka unlock the MP26 as a SL4)

Quote:
I miss Rane.

Hey - DJ Lee

You still have that MP25

Ive been using my MP26 (its usually storage) since with COVID, I have to do my radio show remote, I needed a mixer....

Anyway - I was thinking
-- MP25/MP25 is MIDI
-- Serato has a PLAY license (which I bought since I gave away my DJ2Go2 to a DJ in need)

so......

if its possible to update the driver for the MP26 to work in the OS yer running.... (I think the last working driver was El Cap on the Mac)

Quote:
I miss Rane.

Hey - DJ Lee

You still have that MP25

Anyway - I was thinking
-- MP25/MP25 is MIDI

so......