Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Two New Mixers & A New Add-On Controller

1:00 PM, 3 Sep 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Cesar 12:25 AM - 5 September, 2013
No support for SL1?!!! What am I gonna do with it?
It's ok, though... I'm already salivating over the new Pioneer mixer. I only hope Pioneer doesn't disappoint me with a crazy expensive price...
Dizzle the Dj 12:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
So does this mean that midi controllers with internal mixers can process DVS?
Krittah 12:57 AM - 5 September, 2013
Control vinyl has been the one thing missing from Serato DJ, so I'm pretty excited it's finally happening. I even recently switched to a Traktor setup since they have supported vinyl, however I still prefer the serato interface, much cleaner.

It would be awesome if some controllers like the VCI-380 could support control vinyl without needing to buy a separate SL box.
DJ ICE The Rebel 1:31 AM - 5 September, 2013
Pure Excitement...The Price, Will it be an arm or a leg this time?
feelthemusic 1:55 AM - 5 September, 2013
I havent had any luck with your sync yet. I use sl, since I play a lot of acoustic live music.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
I havent had any luck with your sync yet. I use sl, since I play a lot of acoustic live music.

Sync isn't really the best tool for mixing music that has a lot of natural variation to be honest. It takes a bit more of a hands on approach. You can still use Serato DJ without Sync though.
feelthemusic 2:46 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thanks Samuel. I sure hope you get the cue point labels in Serato DJ eventually. I am excited to try DJ on my Rane 62, when it comes out.
DJ Reflex 2:50 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Pure Excitement...The Price, Will it be an arm or a leg this time?

Just your left nut.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:06 AM - 5 September, 2013
So with the release of the upcoming DDJSP1 does this mean I'll have to now buy one of those and not be able to map pad effects like the slicer, loop roll to my LPD8's?
VJMark 3:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
I own two ttm-57 this sucks. Ok how much for the new Rane 64 so I know how long it would take pimping out my Hoes. Will anybody want to buy two ttm-57 mixers?
VJMark 3:27 AM - 5 September, 2013
I hope you include thunderbolt port on that Rane 64.
DeeWhy 4:58 AM - 5 September, 2013
Now I'm waiting for vinyl DJs to start using Sync, realise that it isn't that big a deal (you have a bpm readout on your screen anyway, how purist can you be?) and that it frees you up to be a lot more creative. Sick of people whining about Sync- admit it, you've never even used it, have you? nobody on the floor cares that you manually beatmatch or let the gear do it for you- they care if you're music is well selected and mixed dynamically and with impact. And yes, I played vinyl for 10 years, CDJs for 5, and now an S1 controller. Big woop.
Simon J 5:52 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Now I'm waiting for vinyl DJs to start using Sync, realise that it isn't that big a deal (you have a bpm readout on your screen anyway, how purist can you be?) and that it frees you up to be a lot more creative. Sick of people whining about Sync- admit it, you've never even used it, have you? nobody on the floor cares that you manually beatmatch or let the gear do it for you- they care if you're music is well selected and mixed dynamically and with impact. And yes, I played vinyl for 10 years, CDJs for 5, and now an S1 controller. Big woop.

I'm a vinyl DJ, I use Serato Scratch Live now. I have used sync. You can't trust it. It takes no time to manually beatmatch and there's no benefit of using sync.
Dizzle the Dj 6:24 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Control vinyl has been the one thing missing from Serato DJ, so I'm pretty excited it's finally happening. I even recently switched to a Traktor setup since they have supported vinyl, however I still prefer the serato interface, much cleaner.

It would be awesome if some controllers like the VCI-380 could support control vinyl without needing to buy a separate SL box.

+1
Cesar 7:37 AM - 5 September, 2013
$ 2 , 2 9 9. for a Pioneer DJM900 SRT?!!!

What a bargain!
One Week 8:19 AM - 5 September, 2013
Apparently the SP1 costs $500 and is coming out in October
Mr. Leenknecht 8:33 AM - 5 September, 2013
The Pioneer DDJ-SP1 looks good and very handy with all the features we want to get our hands on but it's too big and too heavy for a traveling DJ.

12 by 7 inch and 3 pound? Please make a smaller version for a lighter price cause €399 for some buttons and a USB-port is a lot of money. I remember that the Denon controller came out for €150 and that's a metal case as wel …
deejay_3sakti 10:33 AM - 5 September, 2013
Can scratch live user, use DJM 900SRT in 4 decks mode?
DJ ICE The Rebel 10:50 AM - 5 September, 2013
Why is everyone crying about what's being supported or what not...Just ask
how much for the New Equipment because I'm sure if it's $100 no one will complain about how they have to get rid of decade old equipment...I understand Your frustration, but come on guys, This is Business, if you can afford Rane products, that means you're getting gigs. Upgrade Yourself! So Serato, once again How Much for the Rane Sixty-Four
Lux Aeterna 1:41 PM - 5 September, 2013
Is it possible to map two or four buttons on the new 64 in the user layers (cue point buttons) to play buttons (and maybe pitchbend buttons too) in internal deck mode, so that you can play without turntables/cd-players and use the 64 as midicontroller standallone (sure withput the benefits of jogwheels/physical decks)?
Code:E 5:56 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

yes
Bald Guy Brit 8:02 PM - 5 September, 2013
Not sure where to ask this, but I currently have the ddj-Sx with Serato DJ (one of 1st in Tampa to get one) & love it. I'm about to purchase the Pioneer Nexus system, including 3 x CDJ 2000, 1000 remix & the DJM-2000nexus. What would be the advantage for me to wait & get the new Serato 900 mixer ? This may be a stupid question but I know there are some very Serato smart people out there! I like the features of the DJM-2000 nexus along with native control for serato with the CDJs 2000 but would I have a better serato experience with the new Serato mixer ? Plus, I want to be able to have the ability to have a 2 laptop hookup, so would I then be better to get the new Rane 62 ? Basically, which mixer has more effects etc with the Nexus setup & serato ? Sorry for being long winded here but I'm about to drop a ton of money & want to make the right purchase.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:43 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

No, this mixer is only supported in Serato DJ. In Serato DJ you can use 4 decks though.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:44 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
So Serato, once again How Much for the Rane Sixty-Four

I'd ask Rane about that guys.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:45 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Is it possible to map two or four buttons on the new 64 in the user layers (cue point buttons) to play buttons (and maybe pitchbend buttons too) in internal deck mode, so that you can play without turntables/cd-players and use the 64 as midicontroller standallone (sure withput the benefits of jogwheels/physical decks)?

You could potentially do that yes.
Bald Guy Brit 1:48 AM - 6 September, 2013
Will there be a DJM2000 version for serato in the near future (ability for 2 usb/laptops) ?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:09 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Will there be a DJM2000 version for serato in the near future (ability for 2 usb/laptops) ?

Hey mate, there's no plans for that sorry. The only thing that I would suggest (which would be expensive) would be to use an SL 4 and a DJM-2000 if that's the mixer you love most. Otherwise the Rane Sixty-Four is your only other 4 deck, dual USB port mixer.
Lux Aeterna 4:08 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Many thanks for your reply :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:12 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Why is everyone crying about what's being supported or what not...Just ask
how much for the New Equipment because I'm sure if it's $100 no one will complain about how they have to get rid of decade old equipment...I understand Your frustration, but come on guys, This is Business, if you can afford Rane products, that means you're getting gigs. Upgrade Yourself! So Serato, once again How Much for the Rane Sixty-Four

The MAP price for the Rane Sixty-Four is $2,199. Dealers are taking pre-orders now...just sayin' :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:40 PM - 6 September, 2013
One more thing, a Rane dealer locator (a fancy new one) and be found here -->> dj.rane.com
wma files on in tro 2:42 AM - 7 September, 2013
How much will the sp1 cost in nz. I ahve a ddj s1 and would like the extra use of pads etc without buying ddj sx if not necessary
DjDarkStyles 6:21 AM - 8 September, 2013
to bring back a old question of functionality would I be able to use numark v7s and the rane or pioneers mixers...
DjDarkStyles 6:21 AM - 8 September, 2013
to bring back a old question of functionality would I be able to use numark v7s and the rane or pioneers mixers...
DJ Matty Stiles 1:03 PM - 8 September, 2013
Can I just say thank you serato. I come from a scene where 100% of the clubs use pioneer mixers and 90% of DJs use serato. I can see the new 900 SRT becoming a fixture in clubs around here. Ill definitely be asking my residency to pre-order this mixer.
YZ 5:18 PM - 9 September, 2013
Confused, I see you can download Serato DJ now... will it work with a Rane 62?
wadup 5:46 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:

Not until sdj 1.6
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:54 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:

Beta coming in December :)
Dizzle the Dj 7:07 PM - 9 September, 2013
Will serato dj controllers like the vci 380 be able to use time code?
Code:E 10:10 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Will serato dj controllers like the vci 380 be able to use time code?

not yet. Maybe never, maybe sometime.
DJ Discovery 10:46 PM - 9 September, 2013
how will the SP1 work in conjunction with the DDJ-S1?
Also Starring 10:58 PM - 9 September, 2013
When will u have support for the the 62?
Also Starring 10:59 PM - 9 September, 2013
^ beta in december! thanks!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:23 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:

Plug-and-play. It'll do everything that it does in conjunction with any controller.

Not sure exactly what you mean sorry Discovery?
DJ Discovery 11:24 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Plug-and-play. It'll do everything that it does in conjunction with any controller.

Not sure exactly what you mean sorry Discovery?

What will it let me do that the S1 cannot do hardware wise
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:32 PM - 9 September, 2013
You can use the Slicer, Hot Loop and have velocity sensitive pads to trigger samples, hit cues etc. SP-6 controls too. The DDJ-S1 already does have a lot of on-board functionality though.
DJ Discovery 11:33 PM - 9 September, 2013
it does seem like I gain more access to effects and more buttons for samples, but not sure if this will conflict with the S1
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:59 PM - 9 September, 2013
It won't conflict at all.
DJ Heatwave 12:10 AM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:
No support for SL1?!!! What am I gonna do with it?
It's ok, though... I'm already salivating over the new Pioneer mixer. I only hope Pioneer doesn't disappoint me with a crazy expensive price...

That Pioneer mixer is $2,000. I hope that is not a crazy price for your....
Jam-Master Jake 7:05 AM - 10 September, 2013
Does the Rane 64 feature the magnetic faders from the 62? From my understanding, the 68 does not, due to cost. I suspect the 64 is the same way.

Can anyone clear that up?
PM:AM 11:25 AM - 10 September, 2013
So you can use the DDJ SX for TTs with timecode vinyls without the need for a SL 2 3 or 4???
Raul Rey 12:48 PM - 10 September, 2013
Hi, I currently own a pair of numark v7.

My mixer is ecler evo 4 (midi to 32bit).

Serato takes about a year to be updated telling serato numark v7 dj for, as of today it is not possible until December (I hope this may be true).

When upgrading to serato numark v7 dj, we use 4 channels?
- (Each numark has 2 RCA outputs with a single dish can control 2 decks).

The new controller Pioneer DDJ-SP1, will be compatible with numark v7?
- (so would remain as the numark NS7 II, only separately)

I heard that the new Serato DJ will freely assignable midi.
- It is possible to map my mixer (NO SERATO OFFICIAL) ecler evo 4 for serato dj?
* My table is midi up to 32 bits.

Thanks and regards.
Raul Rey 1:02 PM - 10 September, 2013
Hola, actualmente poseo una pareja de numark v7.

Mi mesa de mezclas es ecler evo 4 (midi hasta 32bits).

Serato lleva cerca de un año diciendonos que va a actualizarse serato dj para los numark v7, a dia de hoy no es posible hasta diciembre (espero que esta vez sea cierto).

Cuando se actualice numark v7 a serato dj, podremos utilizar 4 canales?
- (cada numark tiene 2 salidas rca, con un solo plato puedes controlar 2 decks).

El nuevo controlador Pioneer DDJ-SP1, sera compatible con los numark v7?
-(asi quedaria como la numark Ns7 II, unicamente separado)

E oido que el nuevo Serato Dj sera midi libremente asignable.
- Es posible mapear mi mesa de mezclas (NO SERATO OFICIAL) ecler evo 4, para serato dj?
* Mi mesa es midi hasta 32 bits.
Gracias y un saludo
Jensen Määäm 1:10 PM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:
So you can use the DDJ SX for TTs with timecode vinyls without the need for a SL 2 3 or 4???

No, you can't. Maybe one day in the future, maybe never, who knows. But not when they release SDJ 1.6.
Jam-Master Jake 7:26 PM - 10 September, 2013
Quote:

From another Serato employee posting I read on the SDJ DVS blog, right now you'll only be able to use 2 V7s with SDJ at launch. The employee wasn't sure of the technological capabilities of the V7 or if you'll eventually be able to use 2 V7s to control 4 decks in SDJ. That's something you'd have to talk to Numark about, it would seem.

As for the new Pioneer DDJ-SP1 working with the V7, yes, it should work just fine with it. The SP1 is designed as a supplemental Serato DJ controller for users who are using older mixers/controllers that don't have the controls for the newer SDJ features (slip mode, slicer, loop-roll, 8 pads, FX controls, SP6 volume and triggering abilities, etc.). The only question I can't answer is if that setup would provide you with control of 4 decks or only 2.
hersh20 3:32 AM - 11 September, 2013
i never liked the topside headphone jack on the pioneer 800. now they still have it plus they put the USB on the top of the mixer? wtf?
Hotshy 5:30 AM - 12 September, 2013
i own the Rane 62, I love it, it is an amazing mixer for a singular or "tag/vs."-set.
Will I need to purchase/upgrade to the 64/68 to enjoy this new interface, or will it eventually become the "NEW" (Serato) Program that only requires a USB, similar to how I perform now, only BETTER?
Thank You,
Michael Mess
Jam-Master Jake 7:08 AM - 12 September, 2013
Serato DJ will support the Rane 61, 62, and 68 mixers in Feb. when they launch SDJ 1.6.
DVJ Rick Kraft 9:51 PM - 12 September, 2013
I DJ at multiple clubs and unfortunately one of them still has an SL1 box. So it looks like I'll have to take my own personal SL4 box there after I upgrade in December, until enough DJs complain we need an SL4. Could be awhile. But looks like the new requirements will force some clubs to update their equipment to this decade haha!

@hersh20: I'd rather have the topside headphone jack any day compared to a frontside one poking into my crotch, like my Numark...
dj easy jay 4:30 PM - 13 September, 2013
The Novation Dicers will work just fine with the v7s & SDJ 1.5. So why pay 400 for sp1?? Especially Since there rolling out the new pioneer DDJ SR for 600..
DjDarkStyles 5:23 PM - 14 September, 2013
Just spoke to a good source and the Numark V7 should be able to run 4 channels with just 2 units once sdj updates for them

Pioneers web site says - The DJM-900SRT will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $2,799US

the SP1 mspr 499.00 but you will get a serato vid license with it and should be plug and play with any controller

Ns7fx + sp1 = no need for ns7II unless you absolutely have to have 4 channels

^^^^ dicer statement above is a great idea .... never thought of that one ill have to look into that
dj easy jay 7:46 PM - 14 September, 2013
Quote:

My mixer is ecler evo 4 (midi to 32bit).

Serato takes about a year to be updated telling serato numark v7 dj for, as of today it is not possible until December (I hope this may be true).

I heard that the new Serato DJ will freely assignable midi.
- It is possible to map my mixer (NO SERATO OFFICIAL) ecler evo 4 for serato dj?
* My table is midi up to 32 bits.

Thanks and regards.

They have the v7 serato dj update there just holding onto it because they relized there release all these new controllers & there want us to purchase these new controllers first..
dj easy jay 8:02 PM - 14 September, 2013
Hey v7 owners!Think of it like this hears the new pioneer ddj sr in October we get the numark ns7 also lets not forget the pricie sp1. So why release the update for the numark v7s now it would be like shooting themselves in the foot hold on to v7s & dicers..
Raul Rey 4:10 PM - 15 September, 2013
Quote:
Los Dicers Novation funcionará bien con el V7S y SDJ 1.5.

Hola, a los que tenemos numark v7, no nos hace falta novation dicer, ya que tenemos 5 hot cues y loop automatico y manual.

En cambio el nuevo pioneer, nos da la posibilidad de tener sample rool y otras funciones con nuevo serato.

Eso si, a la que sea compatible en diciembre, de ese modo, si podemos mezclar 4 decks o 2 decks y 2 canales para lanzar samplers y demas, el nuevo controlador pioneer nos iria de lujo, ya que podriamos tener en decks 1 y 2 samplers rool y para deck 3 y 4 poder usar el lanzador de samplers de serato, ademas de gravar nuestras propias sesiones.

Seria una buena idea que Serato por fin nos apoyara, ya que se nos dijo que tendriamos compatibilidad con ableton, cosa que luego se nos dijo que con sp6 de serato, pero al poder utilizar 2 canales por v7, con la pareja podriamos tener 2 canales para ello, ademas podrian sacar un controlador o poder utilizar alguno del mercado para ello exclusivamente via midi con nuevo serato dj, de ese modo nos sentiriamos muy satisfechos con Serato, y como no, despues de gastarnos 1.200 euros en 2 v7, podriamos decir que tenemos el respaldo de Serato ya que fuimos unos de los primeros usuarios de confiar en itch y las posibilidades que nos daria en un futuro.
Lux Aeterna 1:48 PM - 17 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Will a remapping also be possible on the sp-1, for example, remap the parameter-buttons as play buttons when using the controller in combination with xone db2 and SL3?
DVJ Rick Kraft 7:33 AM - 28 October, 2013
Will tell you. Mine just arrived today :D
Lux Aeterna 3:42 PM - 29 October, 2013
Many thanks :)
djlexot 12:23 PM - 12 October, 2014
nice 1 4rm you keep it up
DJ Bobby Lorenzo 5:23 PM - 13 October, 2014
I wanted to ask how much of a difference is there in the Serato Sixty Eight and The Serato Sixty Four as for features and software. Can someone comment on this. Thank you in advance for your time and explanation.