Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Scratch Live users! What's in Serato DJ for you?

1:00 PM, 3 Sep 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
SiRocket 12:09 AM - 5 September, 2013
CUE POINT TEXT PLEASE!!! :D <3
RodrigoVolta 12:16 AM - 5 September, 2013
1)- Is fixed Pioneer DDJ-S1 support for all functions like ITCH?
2)- Is fixed MasterTempo algorithm?
3)- Is fixed BPM-Beat match?
If NOT, sorry, but I will continue to use ITCH!
nitetone 12:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
does it support my V7?!?!?!
slow mo 12:25 AM - 5 September, 2013
No love for 57 users?
DJSi UK 12:26 AM - 5 September, 2013
Ableton Bridge?
COREDJLBOOGIE 12:27 AM - 5 September, 2013
im excited please bring back day mode as well
Cesar 12:30 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
No love for 57 users?

And no love for SL1 users either. I own an SL1, a DDJ-SX, and now that I got a Pioneer WeeGo as a back up, they want me to shell out $129 for the software for it...
BrazilianGuy 12:32 AM - 5 September, 2013
Enable vinyl/cd control thru controlers?
dj lala moreira 12:36 AM - 5 September, 2013
New Serato 1.5 support DDJ-SX controller with vinyl emulation ??
DJLMonte 12:45 AM - 5 September, 2013
Also please stop catering to Mac laptops. When is Serato video going to work on Window Intel Video Cards ??
SiRocket 12:46 AM - 5 September, 2013
MIXTAPE ALS RECORDING SUPPORT PLEASE!!!! <3 and CUE POINT TEXT LABELS... and that's it!!! :)
djmattcope 1:04 AM - 5 September, 2013
Can Serato please add flags or markers to mark points in a track that are not cue points? Pretty please!
U2xtreme 1:09 AM - 5 September, 2013
How about fixing SUPPORT FOR AMD users??
Dj Jong 1:12 AM - 5 September, 2013
What about SL1? I don't see it on the list... :(
SiRocket 1:12 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Can Serato please add flags or markers to mark points in a track that are not cue points? Pretty please!

Sick!
Jam-Master Jake 1:19 AM - 5 September, 2013
Awesome! Good job, Serato...nice to see you guys FINALLY rolling out the "big guns" and really stepping up to the plate.

One request: please make sure that your forthcoming support for the existing Rane mixers/interfaces that are going to be supported DO NOT take a freaking YEAR to see the light of day! :)
Juwansome 1:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
Sooooo, Numak V7 support in version 1.4?
DjHabibi 1:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

serato.com
Maurice Bufkin 1:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
what SL1 support?
feelthemusic 1:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
So is this the beginning of the end for scratch live? I would hope you can scoop up all of sl's features before you dump it. Scratch live just sounds better to me. When you open up support for both on quality mixers, I guess then we can compare sound quality. Many old timers will probably continue to run old sl versions if this isn't better for them.
Eric Wendell 1:25 AM - 5 September, 2013
Please do some effort to add the rating coloumn from itunes into the serato dj library view.
Dj Blee 1:34 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

yes please my light guy would love you for this
[O/][iii][O/] 1:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
PLEASE for the love of God tell us the following will be included:

- Album Art Grid Views (just like current SSL but still missing from SDJ)

- Stacked Horizontal Waveforms (just like current SSL but still missing from SDJ)

- Night Mode (just like current SSL but still missing from SDJ)
Jam-Master Jake 1:41 AM - 5 September, 2013
You mean Day mode, right?
[O/][iii][O/] 1:44 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
You mean Day mode, right?

Correct. Thank you.
[O/][iii][O/] 1:45 AM - 5 September, 2013
Oh, and when are we going to see Rane rotary mixers that support SDJ?
SOUND DE JOUR 1:52 AM - 5 September, 2013
there is a way to daylight vision on serato if you have a MAC and windows 7

Watchwww.youtube.com
djKoolRick 1:53 AM - 5 September, 2013
WAY TO GO!!!
Dj Res-Q305 1:54 AM - 5 September, 2013
Good news Serato. Just don't forget about the album art drag and drop I mentioned to you guys a week ago. Thank you so much for responding.
Endre 2:12 AM - 5 September, 2013
Is Serato Dj 1.5 going to work with Ableton Bridge?
Big Scratch Jerzee 2:18 AM - 5 September, 2013
Yo been spinning since my eyes was at the level of my knees! Went thru every phase of doing this and I give props to serato for all that they've done and I'm speaking from an advanced level, serato will by all means be on top of the mountain and surpass everyone when they upgrade the abilities of the recording so that you could multitrack and edit by means of punching in on recorded tracks!!! They will be the ultimate one stop in the dj and recording world! Also with the new pioneer controller open up the last two sample buttons and give the sampler more trimming options! I'm jus saying:~]* Big Scratch Jerzee I'm out! Peace
daneb_hh 2:18 AM - 5 September, 2013
What are the options for a SL1 user? Do i have to buy a SL2 box or either one of the new supported mixers!?
Johnnysak 2:19 AM - 5 September, 2013
Please fix the NS6 audio popping. I believe there is a relation to the display refresh and this issue. Lowering the display refresh makes the waveforms unbearable. Can you please work to fix this issue in the next release!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:23 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
What are the options for a SL1 user? Do i have to buy a SL2 box or either one of the new supported mixers!?

You can upgrade to an SL 2 for sure. That will be supported in Serato DJ. In the meantime, your SL 1 will still be supported in Scratch Live too.
DJ Soundsation 2:41 AM - 5 September, 2013
Will the NEW Serato DJ support CDJ-2000Nexus? while using SL3?

Thanks
grylls88 2:56 AM - 5 September, 2013
Will the Denon HC 1000s still be compatible with the DJ upgrade?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:04 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Will the NEW Serato DJ support CDJ-2000Nexus? while using SL3?

Thanks

Support will become available for the CDJ-2000nexus for sure.
cheekyme 3:05 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
No love for 57 users?

And no love for SL1 users either. I own an SL1, a DDJ-SX, and now that I got a Pioneer WeeGo as a back up, they want me to shell out $129 for the software for it...

Serato DJ is activated free with the new Pioneer DDJ-SX controller and is available to download direct from Serato.com.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:05 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Will the Denon HC 1000s still be compatible with the DJ upgrade?

Yep, that will be natively supported too.
cheekyme 3:07 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No love for 57 users?

Serato DJ is activated free with the new Pioneer DDJ-SX controller and is available to download direct from Serato.com.

*Oh, only when the SX is plugged in I suppose.... ooops!
Jam-Master Jake 3:08 AM - 5 September, 2013
I second Endre's question: where does this leave us regarding The Bridge? Is it going to eventually be supported in SDJ?
DJ BOBBYDEE 3:13 AM - 5 September, 2013
Would love 4 channels of SDJ to work with V7's and one of the supported 4 channel mixers. Also, the ability to record your set with this configuration.

Lastly, is CDJ 2000 Nexus supported with HID ( using SDJ ) ??

BobbyDee
akufen007 3:21 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Ableton Bridge?

Does Serato DJ will work with The Bridge ?????
controversial 3:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
@samuel S whats the word on the bridge and are we still going to be able to use mixemergency like in SL or will we have to do the backdoor hack?
L84work 3:57 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

$129?!? Consider yourself lucky I have a pair of 57s -- 1500 each. why no support for users like us???

Quote:

How about flag markers at the point in a corrupt file where the data corruption occurs so I can go in and fix my file if possible.
DJ LBR 4:15 AM - 5 September, 2013
PLEASE MAKE "A CUE POINT TEXT" EXPORT SCRATCH LIVE TO SERATO DJ . I LOOSE 6 YEARS OF WORK!!!!
Joe Fresh 4:20 AM - 5 September, 2013
This is awesome.

No complaints, no requests, just a thank you.

This is unequivocally the right direction for Serato to take - having a singular platform that everyone uses regardless of whatever hardware they choose to use.

It's also great to see all users being able to take advantage of new features and iZotope effects. DJ technology has come a long way since Scratch Live was first introduced, and Serato DJ will let us DJs bring in the new while still incorporating the traditional.

It is a big transition that will take some people more time than others, but I truly believe this is a big step in the right direction for Serato. Very excited to see what happens next.

Again, thank you Serato.
hellsong 4:45 AM - 5 September, 2013
Windows 8 Support?? I really don't want to downgrade just for one program.. any ETA would be greatly appreciated!
Kennedytran 5:12 AM - 5 September, 2013
Please do not add a sync button. Last thing the world needs is a newbie that uses that button and try to undercut real DJs
grylls88 5:13 AM - 5 September, 2013
With regards to the denon controller, it says in the q&a section "The CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-2000, Novation Dicers and Denon DN-HC1000S will be supported in a gradual roll out during Winter 2014"

Does this mean that support for controller won't be there as soon as the software is released?
Joe Fresh 5:16 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
With regards to the denon controller, it says in the q&a section "The CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-2000, Novation Dicers and Denon DN-HC1000S will be supported in a gradual roll out during Winter 2014"

Does this mean that support for controller won't be there as soon as the software is released?

Oh dear God, please tell me that's a typo and they meant "Winter 2013".
serato.com

I'm not too concerned because I read elsewhere that the Dicers will work, so I'm assuming that the CDJs and Denon controller will also work, but don't take my word for it.
helipilot 5:21 AM - 5 September, 2013
Great news, but please confirm that the Denon DN-HC4500 midi controller will be natively supported, thanks!
excel1200 5:26 AM - 5 September, 2013
What about ns7 users
DJ Marcel (Perth) 5:35 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Please do some effort to add the rating coloumn from itunes into the serato dj library view.

This is a MUST!!!
Special ed 5:56 AM - 5 September, 2013
glad i stayed with serato love you guys
DJ Knight One 6:03 AM - 5 September, 2013
Some of ns6 lights on the knobs are unable to come back on when the player goes off in the middle of playing a track. When will dat problem be solve. That problem exist when using windows 7. When is serator going to Solve that problem.
SiRocket 6:19 AM - 5 September, 2013
Stacked horizontal display mode would be awesome!!! i love the beatmatch lines that SSL has... but Serato DJ got rid of in their "stacked view"...
DJ-Rodrigo 6:21 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Windows 8 Support?? I really don't want to downgrade just for one program.. any ETA would be greatly appreciated!

For one program I bought a mac book pro! :-) and to be honest, its worth it for one program!
And out of testing normal powerful windows pc's I know now understand why mac has always been used for music productions. Its build with excellent quality.
ERIC LOFTON 7:11 AM - 5 September, 2013
I currently use the sl1 controller may have to upgrade want consolidate system should upgrade to new version sl2 ,3, or 4 or is there a mix that i could get eliminated having to bring along a box also consider get new pro cdj currently using denon 3500 want do not have get control disc either.
daneb_hh 7:23 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
You can upgrade to an SL 2 for sure. That will be supported in Serato DJ. In the meantime, your SL 1 will still be supported in Scratch Live too.

How bout a discount on SL2 Boxes for SL1 users?
kraakhelder 7:53 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thanks Serato for the new fine features. Love to see all the development!

I think it's good to merge all the different Serato versions into one major release (Serato DJ?), so all Serato users work with the same software and your developers don't have to focus on different projects.

The one thing I hope is that this major release will not get sluggish and unstable in the end. I love the current Serato DJ version, which performs great and is rocket solid. Not too many features, but it contains only the ones you really need.

Keep up the good work!
Cheers, Alex
Joe Fresh 8:10 AM - 5 September, 2013
Just realized that Serato probably meant this winter when they wrote "Winter 2014", not like we have to wait a whole year for CDJ support.

That always throws me, but it makes much more sense. I can sleep easier now.
JonathanONiels 8:20 AM - 5 September, 2013
Awesome! Still miss the roll out FX in the packages, are they still under development?

Love Serato btw, keep up the good work!

gr.
Wesley
Jensen Määäm 8:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Just realized that Serato probably meant this winter when they wrote "Winter 2014", not like we have to wait a whole year for CDJ support.

Did you see the timeline? I'm pretty sure they are talking about the winter 2014/2015.
Correct me, if I'm wrong Serato.
PumpkinHead 9:05 AM - 5 September, 2013
Well done! I'm very happy about this move.

+1 on this request though

Quote:
PLEASE MAKE "A CUE POINT TEXT"
Davmix 9:07 AM - 5 September, 2013
A SEEK fonction will be helpfull too to insert cue to 16, 32 or 64 beats.
beatonstage 9:09 AM - 5 September, 2013
Is Serato Dj 1.5 Ableton Bridge supported?
beatonstage 9:14 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Does The Bridge work with Serato DJ?

No, at this point there are no announcements regarding The Bridge for Serato DJ
beatonstage 9:16 AM - 5 September, 2013
If bridge is not supportive

Bye Bye Serato!
alen_muly@msn.com 9:40 AM - 5 September, 2013
I would be very happy if the new serato:

- support for Windows 8

- Seraro video would run more smoother and not so hungry of RAM and CPU

- more stable on Windows sistem

And everything from the upper comments.
ninjagaijin 9:48 AM - 5 September, 2013
So now with the beatgrid, does this mean the cue/loop placement bugs will be gone and will be 100% accurate to my placement ala itch?

Glad this bug is finally being addressed, having loops start at different points to the cue point as well as placing a cue and having it 'automagically' moved away from the spot I put (because you detect a different bar start to my ears) had been endlessly annoying
ninjagaijin 9:49 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Did you see the timeline? I'm pretty sure they are talking about the winter 2014/2015.
Correct me, if I'm wrong Serato.

NZ is the southern hemisphere. End of the year is summer here. Hemispherist discrimination! SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE IS NO 1! SUMMER IN DECEMBER IS THE ONLY WAY AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG. Know what it feels like now?
ninjagaijin 9:50 AM - 5 September, 2013
The world is a big place and there are opposite seasons on either side of the world. So references to 'summer/winter' are stupid for a global company.
DJMike_123 10:05 AM - 5 September, 2013
+1 for day mode and I would love for Serato crates to auto update from the file link if more files are added without having to set up a rule, PLEASE!
overdrive 10:09 AM - 5 September, 2013
fix loops light....

when the loop is deactivate the light is off loop is open and when activate it blinks like itch

sorry for but english
brian gusek 11:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Also please stop catering to Mac laptops. When is Serato video going to work on Window Intel Video Cards ??

LMAO... MAC is for professionals and it operates flawlessly the way a great DJ should. Once you switch to MAC you'll understand.
DJ-Rodrigo 11:47 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO... MAC is for professionals and it operates flawlessly the way a great DJ should. Once you switch to MAC you'll understand.

I totally agree, i used to use windows system, but mac is the best!
kraakhelder 11:56 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1
Laz219 12:01 PM - 5 September, 2013
There's been some subtle hints of ableton support coming to SDJ at some point from Serato around some pages but with the mandatory "no announcements at present" on the end.
Endre 12:04 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I also have to agree. When I made the switch from Pc to Mac all my Serato problems where solve. Sorry I didn't switch sooner. If you want problem free gigs Mac is the way to go...
+1
Nacho Ruiz 12:53 PM - 5 September, 2013
+1 for the stacked horizontal view mode in Serato DJ 1.5 or 1.6... It's a useful mode for many of SSL users
[O/][iii][O/] 1:18 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
+1 for the stacked horizontal view mode in Serato DJ 1.5 or 1.6... It's a useful mode for many of SSL users

+1000

Losing the stacked horizontal decks in SDJ after using them exclusively in SSL has been really tough to deal with (as well as losing the album art grid views SSL has)
Cj Doofdoof 3:24 PM - 5 September, 2013
Wow Guys how many as per usual complain or ask for something??? How about saying thank you? This community is full of whiners, seriously. A LOT of companies expect people to PAY for upgrades or enhancements. Sure there is problems and perhaps lately it seems they release new stuff when perhaps they should fix issues but c'mon. THANKS Serato :)

Remember Serato has to run on hundreds of differently configured and specced laptops, this isn't as easy as programming for a console for example where it is a simple system for everyone. EMail them if you have a problem. Sorry but all I seem to see from Serato users is the need for tissues all the time.... Thanks Serato
CypherNautz 3:47 PM - 5 September, 2013
Is there going to be an option to make the switch of the waveform to vertical?
DJ-Rodrigo 4:07 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Wow Guys how many as per usual complain or ask for something??? How about saying thank you? This community is full of whiners, seriously. A LOT of companies expect people to PAY for upgrades or enhancements. Sure there is problems and perhaps lately it seems they release new stuff when perhaps they should fix issues but c'mon. THANKS Serato :)

Remember Serato has to run on hundreds of differently configured and specced laptops, this isn't as easy as programming for a console for example where it is a simple system for everyone. EMail them if you have a problem. Sorry but all I seem to see from Serato users is the need for tissues all the time.... Thanks Serato

Acre!!! Thank you serato.
Veejay Dullah 4:24 PM - 5 September, 2013
If my rane ttm 57sl is not Gna work with scratch live and Serato dj by 2015 ill cum New Zealand and put a bom in a main office of Serato, whatever u guys upgrade or changes make sure my rane still work with Serato that's all, coz in 2years I spend $6500 just becoz of Serato I start from numark mix track pro, ns6, ns7, ddj sx I use ddj sx for 3 month with Serato dj witch I buy for $2000 wen I have mix track pro still I was not happy I spend $1500 to buy a ttm 57sl and now u telling me my ttm is not Gna work 2015 I'm very happy with my 57 so plz mr Serato make sure u look after me on my ttm 57sl
Jensen Määäm 4:26 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
If my rane ttm 57sl is not Gna work with scratch live and Serato dj by 2015 ill cum New Zealand and put a bom in a main office of Serato, whatever u guys upgrade or changes make sure my rane still work with Serato that's all, coz in 2years I spend $6500 just becoz of Serato I start from numark mix track pro, ns6, ns7, ddj sx I use ddj sx for 3 month with Serato dj witch I buy for $2000 wen I have mix track pro still I was not happy I spend $1500 to buy a ttm 57sl and now u telling me my ttm is not Gna work 2015 I'm very happy with my 57 so plz mr Serato make sure u look after me on my ttm 57sl

Dude, stop threatening Serato and learn to read! You TTM 57 will work with SSL now, tomorrow, in 2015 and later down the road. But you will not be able to use your TTM 57 with Serato DJ, do you get it???
Veejay Dullah 4:29 PM - 5 September, 2013
Thank you as long as still I'm goin to use my 57 with scratch live
DJ Elvis Lee 4:31 PM - 5 September, 2013
Here is another feature that you should add to Serato DJ. I do not use iTunes or the like, I do however create my own folders on an external hard drive. What would be a great feature added in that you could drag a folder that contains subfolders in it and Serato DJ would keep the same structure of your folders in Windows or Mac on your playlist rather than just adding all the files from those folders. The reason why I think this would be great is that my folder structure goes like this: main folder 2013. Subfolders Hip Hop, Dance House. Inside each of these subfolders I have the music by genre, therefore dragging the 2913 folder only adds the music to the library, however I have I manually create the subfolders and drag music to it.

Another great feature would be that every time you add new songs to those folders, Serato DJ would automatically update those same folders so I don't have to manually add the new tracks.
Veejay Dullah 4:31 PM - 5 September, 2013
And next time don't call me dude!!!
Jensen Määäm 5:22 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
And next time don't call me dude!!!

If you wouldn't have put a thread on Serato, I wouldn't have called you that. Be nice and others will be nice to you!
Jensen Määäm 5:23 PM - 5 September, 2013
...threat... I meant to say
LPE 5:50 PM - 5 September, 2013
PFFF NOT SURE IF I M HAPPY ...

my TTM 57 costed a lot of money and is still in good shape. To be honest i can not believe that for the TTM it could not steer the new software, as it functions mainly as a midi controller ... sounds like a cheap trick to sell us the new mixers which are way too expensive ( at least for me).
Been a serato lover from day one but feel like being sold out !
Dj Kuma26 6:36 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Here is another feature that you should add to Serato DJ. I do not use iTunes or the like, I do however create my own folders on an external hard drive. What would be a great feature added in that you could drag a folder that contains subfolders in it and Serato DJ would keep the same structure of your folders in Windows or Mac on your playlist rather than just adding all the files from those folders. The reason why I think this would be great is that my folder structure goes like this: main folder 2013. Subfolders Hip Hop, Dance House. Inside each of these subfolders I have the music by genre, therefore dragging the 2913 folder only adds the music to the library, however I have I manually create the subfolders and drag music to it.

Another great feature would be that every time you add new songs to those folders, Serato DJ would automatically update those same folders so I don't have to manually add the new tracks.
Dj Kuma26 6:37 PM - 5 September, 2013
this would make alot of djs leave virtual dj for sure
Gary Michaels 7:12 PM - 5 September, 2013
Will there be an update to the Serato App to add the additional cue points or will it stay at 5?
Veejay Dullah 7:14 PM - 5 September, 2013
I'm goin to be very happy if u can answer my questions plz tell me if I'm using my 57 as a analog mixer with sl2 or 3, 4 to run Serato dj + video ima goin to fade video normal the way it was? Coz remember if ur using sl2,3,4 u can't fade video only some mixers from vestax so my question is goin to work with Serato video? 57sl running a Serato dj with Serato video soundcard sl2!!?? Answer me if u understand my question ill be very happy with u guys
Joe Fresh 7:52 PM - 5 September, 2013
Whatever your setup is now, it will continue to work.

If you have a TTM57SL (like I do), continue using Scratch Live for the foreseeable future.
When 2015 comes around, you'll probably be able to keep using it, Serato just won't be actively working on it.

Serato is giving you a two-year heads up - this is the direction they're going in, this is the hardware we're supporting, and we'll support you as long as we can.

So if what you have now works for you, keep using it. If you want the latest and greatest, you might want to consider eBay or Craigslist for your old hardware. I know I am.
Joe Fresh 7:55 PM - 5 September, 2013
And to answer your question Dullah, no, you won't be able to use your TTM57 directly with Serato DJ and Serato Video. It will only work with Scratch Live and Serato Video.

If you connect an SL2, SL3 or SL4 to your TTM57, yes, you will be able to run Serato DJ and Serato Video, but you will still not have fader control of your videos because the mixer's faders won't be mapped to the software.
DJ Elektrophix 7:56 PM - 5 September, 2013
No SL1 Support??? So your forcing me to upgrade to an SL2 and your not giving support to scratch live users after 2015. I always thought Serato was looking out for the real djs. Then you guys started catering to controller djs and added sync. Now your focusing on all the fake djs. The only reason I'd make the switch is if my current version of scratch live stopped working.
Joe Fresh 8:05 PM - 5 September, 2013
No one is forcing you to do anything.
If your current setup works for you, keep using it.
If you aren't going to use the new features in Serato DJ, don't upgrade your hardware and software.
Scratch Live will always work, Serato just won't be updating it after 2015.
This is not the place for the "real DJs" vs "fake DJs" argument.
Veejay Dullah 8:13 PM - 5 September, 2013
Ok I understand thank u very much, but now I'm having a problame in South Africa there is no shop u can get sixty one or sixty two I try to check on ebay shipping only USA they don't send it to South Africa so tell me Serato can u guys help us to sell it a rane mixer like now I wana buy rane sixty one or sixty two but no shop I can get it over here, can I buy from u guys?? Serato New Zealand? But I need used, coz brand new is to much for me,!!???
Mika75 8:48 PM - 5 September, 2013
And Retina display ?
thx
PumpkinHead 9:45 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Agreed!
ParisCreative 12:10 AM - 6 September, 2013
Why are SDJ waveforms horizontal? Please tell me you can do vertical waveforms like in SSL. If not why did I just switch from Traktor??
Joe Fresh 12:30 AM - 6 September, 2013
Serato DJ 1.5 will not have the Ableton Bridge.

Waveforms can be displayed horizontally or vertically.
DJ C-Zer 1:12 AM - 6 September, 2013
Amazing how much improvements Serato has supported since their first launch of SSL-1. I've been a proud owner and supporter since then. Thank you Down Under for keeping us moving forward.
DJ C-Zer 1:14 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
No SL1 Support??? So your forcing me to upgrade to an SL2 and your not giving support to scratch live users after 2015. I always thought Serato was looking out for the real djs. Then you guys started catering to controller djs and added sync. Now your focusing on all the fake djs. The only reason I'd make the switch is if my current version of scratch live stopped working.

Seriously dude? That's like saying you won't upgrade from Windows 98.
Jam-Master Jake 2:12 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Seriously dude? That's like saying you won't upgrade from Windows 98.

I know! It's so silly that it's laughable. If you watch the video that Sam Gribben (Serato CEO/founder) put out, he specifically states that the SL1 is TEN YEARS OLD, that it's old technology, and that it doesn't support the technologies that lie ahead in future versions of the software, and that they didn't take ending support for it lightly. Being upset about that is like being upset that your 10 year old PC won't play a new cutting edge game that was just released. It's understandable that it's frustrating, but it's the nature of the game. By now, you should have MORE than gotten your money's worth out of it! Ebay it and move up to a newer/better box....OR, simply stick with Serato Scratch Live for another 2+ years and continue using your SL1.

I just bought a new Rane 62 mixer a MONTH ago. Now they put out a newer/better Rane 64 mixer. Am I upset that I have to either wait another 5-6 months for SDJ 1.6 support for my 62 or simply buy the new Pioneer add-on controller? No. I'm a tad frustrated at my timing, but I'm not going to throw a fit. In fact, I'll probably just Ebay my 62 and grab a 64 when I can get my hands on one. No big deal.

This is the nature of the game, folks. Products get discontinued and support for them eventually ends.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:23 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

The cost to come here would be almost the same as just upgrading your hardware man.

Please don't put a bom in our building.

Your TTM-57SL will still be supported in Scratch Live and continue to work the way it does now. It's also not ever going to stop working as a great analogue 2-channel battle mixer. It's got some old technology in the audio interface which is why it can't be supported into the future. It's a shame but it's had a long history and has had a lot of added value and development over the years. It's just not capable of being integrated for the future.

I'd hit up Rane about getting a Sixty-One / Sixty-Two in South Africa, they are the best people to speak to :)

Sam.
DJAgnelli 4:40 AM - 6 September, 2013
I use Windows, Mac, vinyl, cd, controllers, Ableton, Serato DJ and so on. In my opinion a DJ have to be in touch with every device and software, of course in the end you have to make a choice that fit your style and pocket, but when you play in different places, you will also find different devices. I am just saying that we have to be open mind about software and hardware.

Below is the compiled wishing list so far:

1. Have Serato Video working on Window Intel video cards.
2. Enable vinyl/cdj control thru controllers.
3. Have Ableton bridge.
4. Have CUE POINT text.
5. Have a flag in a track that hasn’t cue points.
6. Include day mode.
7. Support Windows 8.
8. Make Serato Video consume less computer resources.
938MyDJ 4:46 AM - 6 September, 2013
I have a DJM900Nexus... The layout of the DJM900SRT is pretty much identical to it. Will there be any chance that the DVS will also be supported on this mixer in the future? Or should it be a firmware from Pioneer that will do the job? I have an SL3 and SL4 but with the support, there will be less cables and set up will be faster.
stevie o 7:27 AM - 6 September, 2013
@sam. This is everything I have been waiting for. Serato knocked it out the box. If you eventually add bridge I can die happy.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:36 AM - 6 September, 2013
Hey DJAgnelli,

To just touch on some of your requests:

Quote:
1. Have Serato Video working on Window Intel video cards.

That's not going to happen unfortunately. Integrated graphics processing on Windows is not up to the standard we require at all. If you are serious about video Djing you need to have a dedicated graphics card, especially on a Windows machine.

Quote:
2. Enable vinyl/cdj control thru controllers.

Maybe in the future. This isn't on the current roadmap but it's not something that's completely off the table and could be considered.

Quote:
3. Have Ableton bridge.

We've been working on plans for the future of The Bridge too and what it can/will be moving forward. There's no news yet sorry but it's still very much on our minds right now.

Quote:
4. Have CUE POINT text.

This will come for sure.

Quote:

What would you use this for just out of interest?

Quote:
6. Include day mode.

This will come.

Quote:
7. Support Windows 8.

Yep!

Quote:
8. Make Serato Video consume less computer resources.

We'd love to optimize it and do this too and hopefully can in the future with a more solid platform to focus on and maintain.

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 7:39 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
I have a DJM900Nexus... The layout of the DJM900SRT is pretty much identical to it. Will there be any chance that the DVS will also be supported on this mixer in the future? Or should it be a firmware from Pioneer that will do the job? I have an SL3 and SL4 but with the support, there will be less cables and set up will be faster.

There's no plans to support the DJM-900nexus through a firmware update at this stage 938MyDJ.
scott101 10:33 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

support needed
TheSilverStreak 12:32 PM - 6 September, 2013
What about "Pitch precision to 1/100 instead of 1/10?" People have been complaining about this since the release of DJ 1.0. It makes a difference and other software includes this feature.
DjChachi PR 3:25 PM - 6 September, 2013
I'm happy with whatever Serato's Developer Team comes up with. I get used to what the program offers and try to accomplish the maximum with whatever is on hand. I don't expect to make the developers custom made Serato for my needs.

For Me CEO Sam Gribben was very well spoken and did a great job of explaining the direction they are looking in for the future of Serato.

Let’s face it, everything moves on and some things are left behind; Technology
Mutis Mayfield 5:08 PM - 6 September, 2013
I still know how to improve The Bridge (as I know who to improve Ms pinky until the maxforlive device, just search about Mudo/Mutis Mayfield on Pinky forums and CDM for some of my works) and I'm get thing ready a new webpage with interesting documentation and realistic ideas (including how to and workarounds) but...
If anyone (Serato too of course) is interested on know more about it, don't be shy and contact me.

I will very glad to share ideas with anyone interested.

Peace.
-m!
stevie o 5:38 PM - 6 September, 2013
I don't understand anything you just said but I would like to
Mutis Mayfield 5:55 PM - 6 September, 2013
Did you see the maxforlive ms pinky plugin which performs pseudo-clip scratching in Live8?
Did you see the Scratch Decoder (turning old gear including technics into regular midi controller without DVS)?

I was rear these two projects since the first announcement of partnership between cycling&ableton and Serato&ableton...

And I still know how to improve The Bridge for true clip/whole session scratching and avanced mixtape features... Even if Serato goes on and left Ableton in the way (I don't know if it will be or not )

That's all.
SquareRoots 9:08 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
4. Have CUE POINT text.

This will come for sure.

Quote:

Sam.

I would love this to place markers indicating when vocals come into a track, or percussions drops out, for example. It would free up our cue points for actual cues, where these would merely be markers for knowing when to cut frequencies on the mixer or kill another track playing, etc.
hellsong 9:14 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

Sam.

I would love this to place markers indicating when vocals come into a track, or percussions drops out, for example. It would free up our cue points for actual cues, where these would merely be markers for knowing when to cut frequencies on the mixer or kill another track playing, etc.

This is a great idea!
Jam-Master Jake 10:14 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

I also like this idea!
DJ Nachi 2:00 AM - 7 September, 2013
I challenge Serato to add a smart crate BPM rule that adds a filter +/- 5 BPM of Master deck BPM in the SDJ 1.5 release.
DJ-Rodrigo 7:07 AM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
I challenge Serato to add a smart crate BPM rule that adds a filter +/- 5 BPM of Master deck BPM in the SDJ 1.5 release.

The development team already got plans in place wat will come out in 1.5 so a challenge will not be possible for they already have big targets in place.

Serato dj is getting better and better by the month
Veejay Dullah 10:37 AM - 7 September, 2013
My scratch live is start doing something funny witch ill never see be4 ok cul I understand is sounds like forcing me to go for Serato dj but I only have 57 no way I can get 61,62,64,68 I'm doing Serato videos and I spend a lot of cash in this year for Serato, now I feel so sad of all this story about Serato is bad to upgrade things but not to disappoint Serato scratch live u should remember we can from far almost 10years and u came with story's thanx for all my 57 and scratch live, Serato video is like nothing now for what I had last nite ok a song always showing me a BPM 100 lastnite is showing me 50 I can see what u guys start doing on our scratch live thanx for all and byeee ull never Gna see me again here
Trinicapone 2:31 PM - 7 September, 2013
Will I have the ability to send midi out where I will be able to "SYNC" ableton to Serato DJ due to the fact that there is a "SYNC" feature
Dj MacMillz 2:55 PM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
My scratch live is start doing something funny witch ill never see be4 ok cul I understand is sounds like forcing me to go for Serato dj but I only have 57 no way I can get 61,62,64,68 I'm doing Serato videos and I spend a lot of cash in this year for Serato, now I feel so sad of all this story about Serato is bad to upgrade things but not to disappoint Serato scratch live u should remember we can from far almost 10years and u came with story's thanx for all my 57 and scratch live, Serato video is like nothing now for what I had last nite ok a song always showing me a BPM 100 lastnite is showing me 50 I can see what u guys start doing on our scratch live thanx for all and byeee ull never Gna see me again here

All your posts are nothing but incoherent rants, and very bad grammar, it actually hurts my head to try and decipher what you're trying to say at times.

You and many others don't seem to get the point that your 57 or sl1 will not self destruct on 1/1/15. If you still have scratch live installed, it will still work, and serato will still support if there are any issues you encounter, what will not happen is there will be no more updates to it (just like itch) so feel free to use scratch live until your arms wear out..... But if you want or desire to use SDJ, you will have to upgrade to new gear. And they even have a timeline to when the current boxes and mixers will gain support, I suggest start saving.

That's it, just my take on things, tired of the onslaught of rants/bitching/moaning for the dam announcement when the video clearly answers all of your questions about the sl1/57.
Special ed 3:22 PM - 7 September, 2013
right on the money lol
Veejay Dullah 4:00 PM - 7 September, 2013
Short!!
Asu 5:43 PM - 7 September, 2013
57 is cool but time to upgrade or not...it's a choice...R&D is not free...you want support but you don't want to support....sounds one sided to me.

Let's appreciate what Serato has done for us DJs/Producers.

Sell the 57,don't get too attached to gear...it's not your girlfriend/wife lol ...upgrade to a SL 2 at least man or Rane 62 which will be supported too in a few months...but i'd just go for the 64...only $300 difference
Jimyte 4:45 PM - 8 September, 2013
I have been using scratchlive for 10 years and it has had its buggy faults but in general it has been reliable. I have spent a lot of money on hardware ie 2 sl1 boxes, ttm57 mixer, denon midi controller... pair of pioneer cdj2000 etc you get my drift and i feel this investment has been not future proofed by serato by them changing the software even though i wouldnt have to upgrade if it was doing what i want. This is not the point as new technology should always be backward compatible due to the expense on equipment to run the software. I feel this move has let djs and clubs down to add more expenses.... I thought as a loyal serato dj this would be incorporated into the buying costs.... Hmmm I feel once scratchlive is not supported it could be time to switch as incurring costs to upgrades and hardware will mount up!!! Come on Serato... !!!
briswatek 6:12 PM - 8 September, 2013
I searched the comments and I wasn't sure that I saw answers for these questions. I apologize in advance if they've already been asked . . .

Will I be able to use Serato DJ on Windows 8?

Will I be able to use my Denon DNS-3700's in hybrid mode with Serato DJ? Will the virtual decks and features on the screen in SDJ respond and match up to my movement of the spinning platter and pushing of the play, cue buttons, etc. on the 3700 the way they do now with SSL?

Will I be able to use my Denon DN-HC4500 with Serato DJ? Again, will the virtual decks and features on the screen in SDJ respond and match up to my movement of the jog wheels and pushing of the play, cue buttons, etc. on the 4500 the way they do now with SSL?
B-ROCK 7:29 PM - 8 September, 2013
Still waiting for NUMARK V7 support for serato dj.Is it ever going to be released?I think we have been waiting long enough please.
Dj MacMillz 7:53 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
I have been using scratchlive for 10 years and it has had its buggy faults but in general it has been reliable. I have spent a lot of money on hardware ie 2 sl1 boxes, ttm57 mixer, denon midi controller... pair of pioneer cdj2000 etc you get my drift and i feel this investment has been not future proofed by serato by them changing the software even though i wouldnt have to upgrade if it was doing what i want. This is not the point as new technology should always be backward compatible due to the expense on equipment to run the software. I feel this move has let djs and clubs down to add more expenses.... I thought as a loyal serato dj this would be incorporated into the buying costs.... Hmmm I feel once scratchlive is not supported it could be time to switch as incurring costs to upgrades and hardware will mount up!!! Come on Serato... !!!

CDJ 2000's aren't required for SSL so don't act as if they mandated you to purchase, further more, if you are happy with what you are currently using, why bother with the new stuff? Also, you expect to get all the new software features with outdated technology. SL1 is USB 1.1, we are damn lucky it has been supported this far......You paid for CDJ 2000's but complaining about getting a new SL Box? sell your 2 SL1's and I'm pretty sure that will cover the cost of a SL2...... Ebay has em fairly cheap and also there are some sites that do payment plans.....
Trinicapone 12:22 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

CDJ 2000's aren't required for SSL so don't act as if they mandated you to purchase, further more, if you are happy with what you are currently using, why bother with the new stuff? Also, you expect to get all the new software features with outdated technology. SL1 is USB 1.1, we are damn lucky it has been supported this far......You paid for CDJ 2000's but complaining about getting a new SL Box? sell your 2 SL1's and I'm pretty sure that will cover the cost of a SL2...... Ebay has em fairly cheap and also there are some sites that do payment plans.....

He's right on that
The Occultist 12:25 AM - 9 September, 2013
I understand why Serato is doing this: So they can just focus on one universal piece of software to keep innovating like a company like Serato should. That's something that gives me trust in Serato's future as a Scratch Live user. I trust in time all the Scratch Live features like cue point text tag will come back to Serato DJ plus new developments. I reckon in time I will be able to midi map my Vestax PMC05 Pro4 mixer with Serato DJ?

In the meantime there's still support for the existing hardware and software which is already stable. Downloads will stay online. You can keep using your current hardware and software pretty much forever if you want. Slowly on almost all the Rane hardware becomes compatible with Serato DJ which is something I as a Rane SL3 owner look forward to. I'm sure some SL1 and TTM57 owners will stick to their version of Scratch Live. Nothing wrong with that either. It's not like a SL1 or TTM57 will be unusable in 2015. Download and safe the most stable version of software for your wishes and relevant hardware and you still have a great system to play with for years and years to come.

By the way, the new +6 dB Serato's vinyls is a huge improvement. Gotta love Serato for such a stable digital vinyl system anyway and various hardware software combinations.
DJ Marcel (Perth) 2:21 AM - 9 September, 2013
We need the rating column from iTunes to be displayed in the serato dj library view because many DJ's organise tunes using this feature in iTunes i.e. one star for chilled out tunes and five starts for the floor bangers...
dj mikey d (rhythm365.com) 8:21 PM - 9 September, 2013
All I want to know is if I have a pair of cdj 2000/2000nexus/900/850/350 or what ever is in my club can I plug my laptop into both cdj's and bang start mixing tunes WITHOUT un wiring everything and plugging in a soundcard,,,, I recently moved to traktor as that's all I need to do no one who uses cdj's wants to plug in a soundcard maybe if your on the vinyl you ain't got a choice but with a cdj u got sound cards built in why am I taking a soundcard with me
dj mikey d (rhythm365.com) 8:27 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
All I want to know is if I have a pair of cdj 2000/2000nexus/900/850/350 or what ever is in my club can I plug my laptop into both cdj's and bang start mixing tunes WITHOUT un wiring everything and plugging in a soundcard,,,, I recently moved to traktor as that's all I need to do no one who uses cdj's wants to plug in a soundcard maybe if your on the vinyl you ain't got a choice but with a cdj u got sound cards built in why am I taking a soundcard with me
Jensen Määäm 8:50 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to use Serato DJ, you still need the Hardware (Rane 64, DJM 900 SRT or once they are ready the 61, 62, 68, SL2, 3 or 4). Serato said you can use the CDJ 2000/2000 Nexus in HID modus later down the road, they haven't said anything about HID modus and the 900s, 850s, 350s...I hope this will come, if not, it would be a big dissapointment.
But we can still use SSL with all those CDJs in HID modus.
dj mikey d (rhythm365.com) 8:54 PM - 9 September, 2013
Hid mode recently needed a soundcard for the 2000nexus I'm talking about no soundcard
Jensen Määäm 9:13 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Hid mode recently needed a soundcard for the 2000nexus I'm talking about no soundcard

And I gave you the answer, you will still need a Rane Soundcard or one of those Serato DJ ready mixers, you can't just use the inbuilt soundcard of the CDJs like you do it with Traktor.
Jam-Master Jake 9:41 PM - 9 September, 2013
I'm hoping HID mode is going to be supported in the Denon SC3900/2900 and the CDJ-900s down the road, too. There ARE other media players out there besides just the CDJ-2000/Nexus.

HID mode in SSL with my SC3900s are just amazing!
Jensen Määäm 10:04 PM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
I'm hoping HID mode is going to be supported in the Denon SC3900/2900 and the CDJ-900s down the road, too. There ARE other media players out there besides just the CDJ-2000/Nexus.

HID mode in SSL with my SC3900s are just amazing!

I hope they will support the CDJs 900 in HID as well soon, otherwise I would have to stick to SSL, when I want to use them in HID mode.
For the Denon SC 3900/2900:
It's called Hybrid MIDI mode, not HID.
briswatek 10:12 PM - 9 September, 2013
Agreed! This was my question yesterday as well!

Windows 8?
Denon DNS-3700's in hybrid mode?
Denon DN-HC4500?

Anyone?
Trinicapone 1:12 AM - 10 September, 2013
My question is why did they make such a half ass announcement without all the details. Love SSL team but damn! It's bad enough you have like all these great things going off well into the future but put all the info out there so dudes would know how to make their movements. I'm just saying
joachimj 2:02 PM - 10 September, 2013
And what's about MIDI OUT ???? We waited so long time to have it in SSL.......
Asu 10:49 PM - 10 September, 2013
I think for those with the 57 and SL 1,you're complaining for no reason...you have usb 1.1 devices that are still gonna be working with the current version of scratch live and video or ME...just keep using that.

However if you want the upcoming serato DJ 1.5 then upgrade...it's that simple...like i said serato will financially Collapse if they have to keep spending on old tech and R&D for free...how will the company survive if i buy one unbreakable mixer(RANE) every 10years...no wonder the updates were always slow...

You DJ every weekend at the least and bring in all this money...while serato only got money from you 7 years ago when you bought that 57 mixer or SL 1 sound card...

Let's be fair... 9-10years of support is more than any other software companies go...USB 4.0 is in the works now...let's at least upgrade to 2.0 gear for the love of God and in all fairness.

Let's not be selfish...on the bright side scratch live will still work anyway even when official support ends in 2015...so what's the big deal...your mixer will still work just not with Serato DJ 1.5+ only with the current version of Scratch Live!

so you can sell or not...it's a win win for everyone :-)
DJ-Rodrigo 4:49 AM - 11 September, 2013
Quote:
I think for those with the 57 and SL 1,you're complaining for no reason...you have usb 1.1 devices that are still gonna be working with the current version of scratch live and video or ME...just keep using that.

However if you want the upcoming serato DJ 1.5 then upgrade...it's that simple...like i said serato will financially Collapse if they have to keep spending on old tech and R&D for free...how will the company survive if i buy one unbreakable mixer(RANE) every 10years...no wonder the updates were always slow...

You DJ every weekend at the least and bring in all this money...while serato only got money from you 7 years ago when you bought that 57 mixer or SL 1 sound card...

Let's be fair... 9-10years of support is more than any other software companies go...USB 4.0 is in the works now...let's at least upgrade to 2.0 gear for the love of God and in all fairness.

Let's not be selfish...on the bright side scratch live will still work anyway even when official support ends in 2015...so what's the big deal...your mixer will still work just not with Serato DJ 1.5+ only with the current version of Scratch Live!

so you can sell or not...it's a win win for everyone :-)

Well said!!
Jam-Master Jake 5:54 AM - 11 September, 2013
Amen to Asu's post.
DjDarkStyles 7:52 AM - 11 September, 2013
Pioneer Djm 2000 will it be supported
DJ RedSoda 3:40 PM - 11 September, 2013
Will Serato DJ 1.5 have retina display support?
Asu 12:14 AM - 12 September, 2013
Pioneer Djm 2000 will not be supported directly,you'll need an SL2+ then map the midi controls...i don't know about retina support...but maybe they will :-)
DJ-Rodrigo 11:24 AM - 12 September, 2013
my question i have, will the Serato DJ 1.5 allow me to edit some MIDI mapping on my VCI-400?
DVJ Rick Kraft 10:42 PM - 12 September, 2013
Serato prides themselves on stability so they won't be enabling CD/Vinyl thru controllers... too many units to support and not in line with their business model. To SL1 owners and 57 owners, DJing is NOT for the poor. If you think you're gonna reach the sky with old equipment... Gotta spend money to make money.

For those asking support for Windows Intel integrated video graphics, you do know how integrated graphics processors (IGP)s work, right? Graphics cards are sold with GPU and memory specs because they have them on the card, separate from the motherboard's CPU and memory. Whereas IGPs take memory from the system and use processing power from your CPU. Result: low frame rates, stuttering, or both. I'm now replacing my 4 year old laptop, it has the minimum specs for video, Core2Duo@ 2.53Ghz+ Radeon 4650 DDR3 1GB. My CPU runs about 80% running two 640x360 vids, spiking to 99% on track load. There's no more room for CPU load. Forget playing 720p or 1080p vids (even though I make that resolution haha.) Even with a new i7, any IGP chip is severely hobbled and not going to have even a quarter of the power of a real video card... imagine playing GTA5 on your motherboard's video output! In this case... it's either get a new laptop, or don't do video!

I'm really looking forward to the Serato DJ interface, wanna get that beta!
dj mikey d (rhythm365.com) 10:35 PM - 13 September, 2013
no one has a proper answer (just crapy rude remarks why bother)

CAN I ONE DAY USE SERATO WITH A CDJ WITHOUT A SOUNDCARD

i moved to traktor recently because i hate setting up a sound card and would love to come back if i could just plug my laptop into a cdj and play some tracks
LXIX 9:26 PM - 16 September, 2013
Quote:

This would be a helpful feature. And the shoue be different in some way, so that you can also choose your type of marker. Such like you may many a INTRO START marker, or breakdown marker, or where the OUTRO starts, for instance. Also, perhaps STOP marker, so the song doesn't play any further after it hits that marker.
Veejay Dullah 9:47 PM - 16 September, 2013
Nice
K NOB5 1:29 AM - 17 September, 2013
Please tell me that we can use DDJ SX and 2 turn tables trough Serato DJ and I will be a happy DJ :)
Jensen Määäm 1:36 AM - 17 September, 2013
Quote:
Please tell me that we can use DDJ SX and 2 turn tables trough Serato DJ and I will be a happy DJ :)

Only, if you connect it with an additional Rane SL 2, 3 or 4 soundcard.
K NOB5 3:07 AM - 17 September, 2013
an additional 500 dlls upgrade :(
alen_muly@msn.com 3:40 PM - 17 September, 2013
Hello,

It would be nice if you did some quality work with serato video plug in. I was researching some stuff lately.

My discovery was that you should improve serato video quality. My computer is prety much simmilar to an average mac book. And on my computer video is not so smooth. If i have it on poor quality or on best quality. It's the same thing. I tried other program and there was working wery smooth. In HD quality!!! You should really do some vork with this program because in my opinion it's very usefull.
phlowless 2:49 AM - 23 September, 2013
Please improve loop control on the ddj-sx through pads. Storing loops in pads just as hot cues is an essential feature.

Also viewing all 8 loops and 8 cues on the screen at the same time would be appreciated.

Ableton live support would be nice too.

Otherwise, Thank you for your nice software.
Cheers
Jam-Master Jake 4:10 AM - 23 September, 2013
100% agreed on storing loops on the DDJ-SX pads. However, 8 loops AND cue points on screen at the same time may prove to clutter up the GUI. Kind of like how making 8 samples in the SP-6 sample player would do the same...
phlowless 1:15 PM - 23 September, 2013
Good point, Jake. I guess having all those stored loops on screen wouldn't even be necessary if they are visible in the Led lit pads on the ddj-sx.

I would even be willing to have the cues and loops stored on the same 8 pads if their led color could be different. ( pushing my luck once again...)

I am wondering if Serato is considering any of these proposals?
Jam-Master Jake 7:48 PM - 23 September, 2013
Quote:
Good point, Jake. I guess having all those stored loops on screen wouldn't even be necessary if they are visible in the Led lit pads on the ddj-sx.

Truth!

As for whether or not Serato is considering those proposals, I'm pretty sure that's somethign Pioneer would have to address in a firmware update...the software can do it, now it's just up to Pioneer to make it happen on their end. With the 2 new controllers coming out soon, I wouldn't be surprised if Pioneer puts out another firmware update for the DDJ-SX to bring those new features to it. Maybe they'll add storable loops in the process?
Christinaperri 10:35 PM - 23 September, 2013
[post removed]
Christinaperri 10:39 PM - 23 September, 2013
[post removed]
PiuMaD 2:33 AM - 25 September, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
<font><font>
Hey DJAgnelli, </font><font>
de manera que toquen en algunas de sus peticiones:</font></font>
<font></font>

Quote:
<div><strong><font><font>Cita:</font></font></strong>
<f
ont><font>
1. </font><font>Tienes Serato Vídeo trabajando en ventana Intel tarjetas de vídeo.</font></font>

<font><font>
Eso no va a suceder por desgracia. </font><font>Integrados de procesamiento de gráficos en Windows no es hasta el nivel que necesitamos en absoluto. </font><font>Si usted es serio sobre el vídeo Djing es necesario tener una tarjeta gráfica dedicada, sobre todo en una máquina Windows.</font></font>

Quote:
<f
ont><font>
2. </font><font>Habilitar controladores Seguido de control de vinilo / cdj.</font></font>

<font><font>
Tal vez en el futuro. </font><font>Esto no está en el plan actual, pero no es algo que está completamente fuera de la mesa y se podría considerar.</font></font>

Quote:
<f
ont><font>
3. </font><font>Tener puente Ableton.</font></font>

<font><font>
Hemos estado trabajando en los planes para el futuro de The Bridge también y lo que podemos / moveremos hacia adelante. </font><font>No hay noticias todavía lo siento pero sigue siendo en gran medida de nuestra mente en estos momentos.</font></font>

Quote:
<f
ont><font>
4. </font><font>Tiene texto PUNTO CUE.</font></font>

<font><font>
Esto será muy seguro.</font></font>

Quote:
<f
ont><font>
5. </font><font>Tener una bandera en una pista que no tiene puntos de referencia.</font></font>

<font><font>
Lo usaría esto por sólo por interés?</font></font>

Quote:
<f
ont><font>
6. </font><font>Incluye el modo de día.</font></font>

<font><font>
Esto vendrá.</font></font>

Quote:
<f
ont><font>
7. </font><font>Support Windows 8.</font></font>

<font><font>
Yep!</font></font>

Quote:
<f
ont><font>
8. </font><font>Haga Serato vídeo consumen menos recursos del ordenador.</font></font>

<font><font>
Nos encantaría optimizarlo y hacerlo también y espero que pueda en el futuro con una plataforma más sólida para enfocar y mantener. </font><font>
Sam.
</font></font>
<font></font>

9. soporte compatibilidad sl 1 con pioneer djm 850
SiRocket 6:01 PM - 25 September, 2013
not everyone is using an sx or controller... for the dvs heads coming into the game, having the option to view those cues/loops would be vital and SHOULD be an option...
DJ HANGLOOSE 3:06 PM - 26 September, 2013
I hope midi out gets on the list of things to come. I was never a Traktor fan but i just picked up the Z2 mixer while on sale ($599) and i must say its DOPE. Don't know why your new mixer are running so high in cost. Also I been waiting for The Bridge for years like a fool, when Traktor had it the whole time along with midi out. I'm not trying to down play Serato because I love Itch n Serato Dj (NS7 user) but stop holding out on things for top dollar contracts...MIDI OUT so we can get lights on..Aight
DJ HANGLOOSE 3:15 PM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
If bridge is not supportive

Bye Bye Serato!

The Bridge was dropped because Traktor came out with the same thing for all their users. Also with Traktor you can use it with just about any Ableton software not needing to upgrade like Serato has you do..(high end contract with Ableton for top dollar)
knox001 12:24 PM - 1 October, 2013
would be great to participate at the beta with my sixty two...
DJ UPSTAR 1:39 PM - 1 October, 2013
I have one question : can I connect this software with SL4? are SL4 support vitrual DJ? Thank's for your answer. DJ UPSTAR
Jensen Määäm 4:59 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
I have one question : can I connect this software with SL4? are SL4 support vitrual DJ? Thank's for your answer. DJ UPSTAR

You can use an SL4 with Serato DJ Version 1.6 beta (this will be available in December 2013) or with the full version (in february 2014). As far as I know Virtual DJ can work with different soundcards, mabye even with the Rane SL4, check it.
dj andyh 10:08 PM - 1 October, 2013
no support for the denon mc-6000??
Rory C 5:18 PM - 2 October, 2013
So if I have SL4 which will work with the 1.6 Beta version in Dec2013, will I still have to buy a license for the Serato DJ software to use Serato DJ with my CDJ2000's if I bypass SL4? Or will Serato DJ be activated for CDJ2000 use if the SL4 box is connected?
Jensen Määäm 5:37 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
So if I have SL4 which will work with the 1.6 Beta version in Dec2013, will I still have to buy a license for the Serato DJ software to use Serato DJ with my CDJ2000's if I bypass SL4? Or will Serato DJ be activated for CDJ2000 use if the SL4 box is connected?

If you want to use your SL4 with your CDJ 2000s and SDJ 1.6, you don't have to buy an SDJ license, it's free for you.
Rory C 5:41 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to use your SL4 with your CDJ 2000s and SDJ 1.6, you don't have to buy an SDJ license, it's free for you.

OK, thanks, but if I want to use Serato DJ without my SL4 box and use my CDJ2000's to control Serato DJ using the USB 'Link' feature do I have to buy a license?
Jensen Määäm 5:51 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK, thanks, but if I want to use Serato DJ without my SL4 box and use my CDJ2000's to control Serato DJ using the USB 'Link' feature do I have to buy a license?

No license, you need some piece of supported hardware to make it work (Rane 64, Pioneer DJM 900 SRT) or next year an SL 2, 3, 4 or a Rane 61, 62 or 68.
Rory C 6:07 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No license, you need some piece of supported hardware to make it work (Rane 64, Pioneer DJM 900 SRT) or next year an SL 2, 3, 4 or a Rane 61, 62 or 68.

OK great. Will my SL4 need to be plugged in permanently to make Serato DJ work or is it a 'plug in once to activate' process? If so I will need to buy a powered USB hub so that I can have 2 x CDJ2000 and SL4 connected to my MacBook Pro... and this is the reason behind my initial question by the way.
Jensen Määäm 6:24 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK great. Will my SL4 need to be plugged in permanently to make Serato DJ work or is it a 'plug in once to activate' process? If so I will need to buy a powered USB hub so that I can have 2 x CDJ2000 and SL4 connected to my MacBook Pro... and this is the reason behind my initial question by the way.

It's the same as it was in SSL, you need 3 USB ports on your laptop or you'll need an powered USB hub to connect the CDJ's with your laptop. The SL4 needs to be plug into your laptop directly. Check the Quick Start Guide on the Serato website.
Davebw 12:36 PM - 6 October, 2013
Quote:

I'd say its more an upgrade,
ninjagaijin 12:42 PM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1000

Losing the stacked horizontal decks in SDJ after using them exclusively in SSL has been really tough to deal with (as well as losing the album art grid views SSL has)

If horizontal goes, I go.
Lide 2:53 PM - 15 October, 2013
Hi,

I would also like to have Bridge support in Serato DJ. The main reason for me to switch from Traktor to serato years ago was that they teamed up with ableton! Now this is a step back for me. PLEASE add the Bridge to Serato DJ.

Thanks,
Lide
DJ HANGLOOSE 3:34 PM - 15 October, 2013
Quote:
Hi,

I would also like to have Bridge support in Serato DJ. The main reason for me to switch from Traktor to serato years ago was that they teamed up with ableton! Now this is a step back for me. PLEASE add the Bridge to Serato DJ.

Thanks,
Lide

TRAKTOR has The Bridge. blog.dubspot.com
Lide 6:27 PM - 15 October, 2013
Hi DJ Hangloose,

thanks for this. Didin´t know that yet. Do you know if this works flawlessly?
I´m also using the other bridge functionality to control live via Serato and make the clips visible in Serato. So I can control both Ableton Live and Serato from one GUI. In a live situation this is really good to have a quick overview of what is going on.

So your hint only covers 50% of my needs. Thanks anyway!

Greetz, Lide
Nacho Ruiz 12:19 PM - 19 October, 2013
Hi, I have noticed that the Key Lock (master tempo) works much better in Scratch Live than Serato Dj. It is very noticeable. In Serato Dj sounds more compressed and the sound is broken at high and low pitch percentages
roger duthie 8:53 PM - 20 October, 2013
hi

i own 2 cdj 2000 + djm 900 + rane sl3. with serato dj there is a way to use the slip mode and sync function for example? or do i need to connect an extra controller with my cdj 2000? for example the pioneer ddj sp1? or the only way is to upgrade to the 2000 nexus?
Jensen Määäm 9:46 PM - 20 October, 2013
Quote:
hi

i own 2 cdj 2000 + djm 900 + rane sl3. with serato dj there is a way to use the slip mode and sync function for example? or do i need to connect an extra controller with my cdj 2000? for example the pioneer ddj sp1? or the only way is to upgrade to the 2000 nexus?

The slipmode is a feature in the SDJ software now, so you can use it with the hardware you own right now.
Jam-Master Jake 10:00 PM - 20 October, 2013
You can also upgrade to the new Pioneer DDJ-SP1supplemental controller. You'll get access to Slip Mode as well as all the pads, FX, and other goodies that would be included on a SDJ controller, such as the DDJ-SX. Or as Jensen mentioned, use your track pad/mouse and control the functionality right from your laptop screen for free.
Jam-Master Jake 10:01 PM - 20 October, 2013
roger duthie 10:07 PM - 20 October, 2013
thx guy. for the sync function do i only have 2 options? upgrade to the 2000 nexus or buy a controller like the ddj-sp1?
stevie o 2:14 AM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Lide

TRAKTOR has The Bridge. blog.dubspot.com

Not quite. You can route audio from traktor to Ableton but you can also route anything in Ableton. Bridge in serato was a completely different animal. A much more beautiful animal
Jensen Määäm 4:46 AM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
thx guy. for the sync function do i only have 2 options? upgrade to the 2000 nexus or buy a controller like the ddj-sp1?

No, it's the same as the slipmode feature, you can click it on and off in the software, you don't need additional hardware to use it.
I recommend to watch some vids on youtube, it answers many questions.
djnycgovmk3 1:57 AM - 22 October, 2013
how about auto track read,,,,,enough already with import and analze for new tracks in folders to be added to crates....
Cruzcontrol 11:27 AM - 17 December, 2013
The Bridge support ??

ALS. recording ??
SiRocket 7:32 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
The Bridge support ??

ALS. recording ??

We can only dream….
xplicit 3:01 AM - 8 January, 2014
Hi, I have a rane ttm57sl and pioneer cdj 850s i currently use them in HID mode with scratch live, can i use them with serato dj?
it would be really dissapointing if i couldn't. I spent a lot of money of these equipment!
Trinicapone 3:04 AM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
Hi, I have a rane ttm57sl and pioneer cdj 850s i currently use them in HID mode with scratch live, can i use them with serato dj?
it would be really dissapointing if i couldn't. I spent a lot of money of these equipment!

Sell your TTM 57 dude. This was since day 1 of SDJ TTM 57 and the SL1 will not support SDJ. BUT you can still use SL
xplicit 3:06 AM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sell your TTM 57 dude. This was since day 1 of SDJ TTM 57 and the SL1 will not support SDJ. BUT you can still use SL

what about the 850s?
Jam-Master Jake 3:45 AM - 8 January, 2014
To my knowledge, the 850s aren't supported in HID mode right now. Doesn't mean that won't change in the future, but for now, it's only the CDJ-2000 and 2000 Nexus players that support HID mode. I would expect that to be expanded to the new 900 Nexus players, but beyond that, I'm not so sure. I'd raise hell with both Serato and Pioneer and see if they won't get working on that. But I wouldn't get my hopes up!
xplicit 3:49 AM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
To my knowledge, the 850s aren't supported in HID mode right now. Doesn't mean that won't change in the future, but for now, it's only the CDJ-2000 and 2000 Nexus players that support HID mode. I would expect that to be expanded to the new 900 Nexus players, but beyond that, I'm not so sure. I'd raise hell with both Serato and Pioneer and see if they won't get working on that. But I wouldn't get my hopes up!

SO TRUE, i hope they support the 850s, they work really good and was hoping to keep them. what about buying the ddisx. i don't wanna downgrade to those smaller platters.
Jam-Master Jake 4:43 AM - 8 January, 2014
DDJ-SX is a GREAT controller. Very solid and affordable. I use both CDJs as well as a DDJ-SX and I think it's a solid machine...but yes, a "lower-end" unit when you're used to CDJs and a pro mixer. My biggest beef with the SX is the fact that the platters are fairly "tight" and don't allow for crazy long spin backs. Otherwise, solid machine that will serve you well for ⅛-¼ the price of moving up to new CDJs and a mixer.

Use what best fits you, but by all means, sell your TTM57SL as was recommended above. There's no future for you on that unit unless you want to stick with SSL (which is fine), but you'll miss out on a LOT of awesome new functionality in SDJ! And now that they've almost got SDJ up to the standards of Itch and SSL (still got a ways to go yet, but what they've done in the past year is pretty remarkable), I can only imagine what new hotness they're going to put in the software with time!
xplicit 5:33 AM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
DDJ-SX is a GREAT controller. Very solid and affordable. I use both CDJs as well as a DDJ-SX and I think it's a solid machine...but yes, a "lower-end" unit when you're used to CDJs and a pro mixer. My biggest beef with the SX is the fact that the platters are fairly "tight" and don't allow for crazy long spin backs. Otherwise, solid machine that will serve you well for ⅛-¼ the price of moving up to new CDJs and a mixer.

Use what best fits you, but by all means, sell your TTM57SL as was recommended above. There's no future for you on that unit unless you want to stick with SSL (which is fine), but you'll miss out on a LOT of awesome new functionality in SDJ! And now that they've almost got SDJ up to the standards of Itch and SSL (still got a ways to go yet, but what they've done in the past year is pretty remarkable), I can only imagine what new hotness they're going to put in the software with time!

Thanks alot for your advice. Should I get the rane sixty one after I sell the ttm.. I dont want to spend a whole lot since I might be looking into the ddj sx also...
Jensen Määäm 8:35 AM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:

You can't use CDJ 850s in SDJ in HID mode, correct. You could use them with time code only, in SDJ. But beside the 2000s and the 2000 Nexus' the 900s are now supported in HID mode in SDJ 1.6.
Jam-Master Jake 9:29 PM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
But beside the 2000s and the 2000 Nexus' the 900s are now supported in HID mode in SDJ 1.6.

Is that BOTH the older as well as newer 900 Nexus players? I'm curious, as I've been thinking about grabbing a pair of older 900s myself now that they can be had for (somewhat) affordable amounts...
Jensen Määäm 9:36 PM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
But beside the 2000s and the 2000 Nexus' the 900s are now supported in HID mode in SDJ 1.6.

Is that BOTH the older as well as newer 900 Nexus players? I'm curious, as I've been thinking about grabbing a pair of older 900s myself now that they can be had for (somewhat) affordable amounts...

Only the CDJ 900s so far (HID mode in SDJ 1.6), but I guess Serato will make it happen for the 900 Nexus in the future.
xplicit 9:41 PM - 8 January, 2014
Question if I get the rane 62 and still use my 850s will I be able to use them with serato dj?
Dj MacMillz 9:59 PM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
Question if I get the rane 62 and still use my 850s will I be able to use them with serato dj?

Yes, right now (as of 1.6 Beta) and when the full release happens, you CAN use them with timecode and not HID. HID support, should come in a future release.
xplicit 10:27 PM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, right now (as of 1.6 Beta) and when the full release happens, you CAN use them with timecode and not HID. HID support, should come in a future release.

Thanks
Jam-Master Jake 4:17 AM - 9 January, 2014
Rane 62 is a SOLID mixer and prices for them have plummeted. You can get them new for $1600 or less…I saw one place selling new ones for $1400. Crazy! Solid little unit. You could also get a Rane 61 for substantially less and then get the Pioneer DDJ-SP1 control unit for $400ish and you'll be fully ready to rock with your SDJ 1.6 DVS system (using Control CDs for the 850s for now, sorry).
xplicit 7:37 AM - 9 January, 2014
Quote:
Rane 62 is a SOLID mixer and prices for them have plummeted. You can get them new for $1600 or less…I saw one place selling new ones for $1400. Crazy! Solid little unit. You could also get a Rane 61 for substantially less and then get the Pioneer DDJ-SP1 control unit for $400ish and you'll be fully ready to rock with your SDJ 1.6 DVS system (using Control CDs for the 850s for now, sorry).

anywhere you can recommend?
Walker 4:23 AM - 10 January, 2014
This may or may not be great, i love scratch live!
Jam-Master Jake 7:35 AM - 10 January, 2014
Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, Sweetwater, any of the big companies. See how low of a price they're willing to go. Check online, Amazon, Ebay, and other places.
Saga 3:30 AM - 14 January, 2014
i just bought the ddj-sx..great mixer but terrible for scratching. I was hoping that my turntables(these old dinosaur round things that play these things called "records") would work with the ddj-sx, giving me 4 channel control with 4 platters. Will there ever be an upgrade for this? or am I forced to buy another mixer and will never be able to carry the ddjsx and turntables only?
Eddie Cutlass 9:11 PM - 15 January, 2014
Could you guys put back the "TRACK OVERVIEWS" displays on top of each other with the "Main Waveform Display" like in Scratchlive horizontal view? i like seeing the tracks overlapping each other. Thanks...Good day.
Jam-Master Jake 5:17 AM - 16 January, 2014
DDJ-SX will never work with turntables (DVS) in vinyl…it's not built to allow that functionality. It is a digital controller for Serato DJ that allows basic mixer functionality with CDJs/turntables, but doesn't allow those units to access Serato DJ. If you want to spin with Serato DJ and your turntables, you'll need to buy a Rane interface and/or a new mixer. I say get a Rane 64 or 68 mixer and have at it.

And you simply have to spend a lot of time using DDJ-SX to get comfortable with scratching on it. I can scratch on my SX just fine. Sure, it's nowhere near as good as vinyl when it comes to "feel," but it's a perfectly capable unit for scratching on. I do it every night and you can't tell the difference between the SX or vinyl from a listening perspective.

Good luck.
Picachon 10:40 PM - 22 January, 2014
So would it be okay to buy cdj900 nxs' s cuz cdj2000 nxs are overkill. To use as controller s for serato dj
Jensen Määäm 8:22 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
So would it be okay to buy cdj900 nxs' s cuz cdj2000 nxs are overkill. To use as controller s for serato dj

Yes, the 900Nexus will be fine, even the 900s or 2000s are good enough and will do the job.
Keep in mind, right now the 900 Nexus can't be used in HID mode with SDJ, only the others mentioned models. But I guess Serato will make it happen soon.
ninjagaijin 11:53 PM - 3 February, 2014
Couldn't you have found some of the five billion bugs before releasing a 'stable' version that still crashes with my 2.5TB library!??!
Manu Silver 1:44 PM - 17 February, 2014
I can't mapped de Kontrol X1 mk1 & Maschine mk1 with Serato Dj v1.6... why?

Why don't show the covers in the decks?

:(
PMYSKO 6:07 PM - 10 April, 2014
No Bridge? Not interested.
Damian Siurek 3:11 AM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
CUE POINT TEXT PLEASE!!! :D <3

your wish is granted!
Walker 1:30 AM - 3 September, 2014
You can't use one turntable this is crap!
Walker 1:33 AM - 3 September, 2014
And they add video mix but not for sixty two with is a big price mixer what are they doing with serato DJ they are only foces on money not really for real DJ'S!
Dj MacMillz 1:45 AM - 3 September, 2014
Quote:
You can't use one turntable this is crap!

Quote:
And they add video mix but not for sixty two with is a big price mixer what are they doing with serato DJ they are only foces on money not really for real DJ'S!

I don't quite understand the issues you're having or trying to point out.
Nacho Ruiz 4:07 AM - 3 September, 2014
CDJ-400 Support, please!
roco 10:21 PM - 5 November, 2014
Agree - MIXTAPE ALS RECORDING SUPPORT PLEASE!!!! <3 and CUE POINT TEXT LABELS... and that's it!!! :) Also .. Can I put smart crates into a group folder??
SiRocket 7:00 AM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
Agree - MIXTAPE ALS RECORDING SUPPORT PLEASE!!!! <3 and CUE POINT TEXT LABELS... and that's it!!! :) Also .. Can I put smart crates into a group folder??
roco 5:17 AM - 14 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sick!
Jam-Master Jake 1:15 AM - 28 November, 2014
^Yeah, I'll second this!
Rose Henderson 4:17 PM - 15 January, 2015
[post removed]
CoknI09173 7:54 PM - 26 July, 2016
Quote:
No love for 57 users?
It's a damn shame. I feel your pain. I'm still trying to find an affordable, quality controller/mixer while Serato DJ is collecting dusk. I'm on the fence about reverting back to Yosemite on my new Mac just so I can use ScratchLive. Ugh!
ninjagaijin 6:11 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
No love for 57 users?
It's a damn shame. I feel your pain. I'm still trying to find an affordable, quality controller/mixer while Serato DJ is collecting dusk. I'm on the fence about reverting back to Yosemite on my new Mac just so I can use ScratchLive. Ugh!

It's a sad day when o/s updates break old programs (and the makers of that software refuse to provide basic updates to support such) - I'm lucky SSL works on Win 10 for myself
ParisCreative 6:21 PM - 9 September, 2016
I have SSL working on the latest OS-X release. But of course it's not supported, nor is it anywhere since it's EoL now.
ninjagaijin 6:26 PM - 9 September, 2016
Quote:
I have SSL working on the latest OS-X release. But of course it's not supported, nor is it anywhere since it's EoL now.

I'm actually having problems getting SSL to work properly on Windows 7 now lol. But it works fine on SDJ. Every time I load SDJ on Windows 7 it wants to update the SL3 driver, then SSL won't connect.. fix SSL, SDJ wants to reinstall driver again lol.
KMXE 12:45 PM - 18 September, 2016
Quote:

How? Do you have a step by step?
ParisCreative 12:49 PM - 18 September, 2016
So the trick may be that it's via OS updates. Both my laptops are running the latest OS-X release. But they had at least Mt. Lion on them before. Each consecutive update didn't break SSL.
CoknI09173 10:05 AM - 10 October, 2016
I'm dying here! I am reluctant to update from Yosemite because I use SSL but now I can't back up my phone. I want to just say effort and get El Capitan or whatever's the new one but I have no controller yet and I ain't trying to have a brick for a laptop. Has or is anyone else dealing with this torment?
PMYSKO 6:43 PM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
I'm dying here! I am reluctant to update from Yosemite because I use SSL but now I can't back up my phone. I want to just say effort and get El Capitan or whatever's the new one but I have no controller yet and I ain't trying to have a brick for a laptop. Has or is anyone else dealing with this torment?

*Rule of thumb if it works don't fix it. Especially if you're making money from your Mac. I have two machines one for music and the other is for whatever clever.
ParisCreative 6:51 PM - 24 July, 2017
As a side note. I ended up taking the plunge because I do run one app on my gig laptop that I need at a gig, MS OneNote and it needed 10.10 > to run. So I scrubbed my machine. SDJ 1.9.6, latest OS-X release with patches. It's been incredibly stable with my 62.