Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

some bug fixes to be considered to 2.5.1

VP 4:02 AM - 20 August, 2013
a lot of us depend on serato for work and we'd like it to work 100%. there've been some small issues we all just deal with and as major versions are updated we get a few major problems which is understood with a major release... i have some issues that have transfered from 2.4 and other new since 2.5. On version 2.5 I feel that I've added more bugs than added features and i'm getting to a breaking point lol. Seems like 2.5 has taken the direction appeal more to the "electronic" crowd and there's nothing wrong with that it's business.

1. Serato freezing after idling/ Serato needs restart after idling too long unplugged.
This is an issue i did not have with 2.4. I do other work on my computer and sometimes just let serato sit for a while or switch off my mixer (+ turntables) and i cannot resume without restart. The hang bad so that i cannot even close the right way i have to crash it.

2. Effects not saving.
Effects seemed to worked fine with 2.4 until i decided to add a second effect and threw everything all off. Now the effects won't work with either version 2.4 or 2.5 (which is what i have installed now).

3. Unchecked folder columns rechecked after restart.
I have a main "Tunes" folder which has sub-folders in it and the sub-folders columns have no problem after restart; only the columns i want are checked. The main folder, though, i always have to go through unchecking and rearranging the columns.

4. Personalized keyboard shortcuts.
It would be great for us to be able to customize keyboard short cuts to our liking. We might have totally different keyboard layouts and having no option to personalize keyboard short cuts makes working with the program harder and spend money on unnecessary controllers.

all in all serato is a great program. i just wish you guys could fix the little bugs. i understand we all have different specs in our computers and you guys can only fix problems brought to your attention. hopefully you can can get to it quick because it's becoming pretty frustrating spending all this money and time on software and hardware that doesn't work right.
It would be nice to get real solutions and forget about them and not workarounds.

just putting it out there.
4:02 PM, 20 Aug 2013
Discussion moved to Scratch Live Feature Suggestions
dolsn 6:55 AM - 12 December, 2014
I wouldn't hold your breath..

My guess is that Serato will never release an update to SSL. They want us all to update to Serato DJ, so any bug in 2.5.0 is really to Serato's advantage...

"Stability is and always has been the most important thing for Serato..." :-/

The Latest Traktor runs like an appliance... My SSL 2.5 crashes every time I disconnect my SL2 or quit the program.

They've pretty much stopped supporting this (once) excellent "legacy app.