Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Connected Twitch to laptop, touchstrip lights up shortly, then nothing, dead.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Fons 11:28 PM - 19 August, 2013
Connected Twitch to Macbook, installed Serato DJ. Touchstrips light up, that's all. Device (of course) not recognized by software.
Closed program, restarted laptop. Started Itch 2.2.2. but now controller dead. no lights. Uninstalled all software and reinstalled Itch 2.2.2. Restarted Macbook, connected controller, still nothing. Controller absolutely dead!
Fons 12:21 AM - 20 August, 2013
By the way, I've tried connecting with different usbcables to another laptop wit the same result. Absolutely no lights, dead. Little dissapointed...
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:54 AM - 30 August, 2013
Hey Fons,

Thanks for your patience.

- Have you tried perhaps updating the drivers for your Novation Twitch? Below I have attached a link to the Novation Website where you'll be able to update download and then go on and install the drivers for your controller:

global.novationmusic.com (click link)

*the Mac drivers are at the top of the page.

Let me know how you go with this.

Cheers

Mak T
Fons 10:24 AM - 30 August, 2013
Thanks Mark, but when a unit is dead and doesn't show up in MIDI on a MacBook, there's no driver that can fix that. Returned the Twitch and waiting for a new replacement. It was probably the well-know power supply bus connector issue. Cross fingers that the 2nd Twitch will be ok.
Fons 4:47 PM - 11 September, 2013
OK...Handed in the controller to ID-Music in Zutphen, The Netherlands. They've tested the unit and found it dead, promising a replacement unit to be shipped to Germany where I'm based for work.
Now the tricky part starts. After a week, still nothing, not even an email with tracking number of the sent package. After a few phone calls I was again promised they would send the unit the next day upon which I would receive a confirmation and tracking number. Jeroen, who runs ID-Music, seemed surprised it hadn't been sent yet.
After 3 days of total radio silence, I tried contacting them again. This time nobody picks up the phone or my call gets rejected, that was 2 weeks ago...and still going strong, WTF?!
I've paid EUR300,- for the unit by bank transfer and I'm wondering if I'll ever see it back. This was ment to be a present to me for hard work done. Nice introduction to Novation and Serato....
Could anyone at Serato be of any assistance perhaps? Contacting the supplier, ID-Music in The Netherlands or inform me about the distributor for The Netherlands? PLease Help!
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:23 AM - 7 October, 2013
Hey Fons,

Thanks for your patience and sorry to see this has happend to you. Unfortunately we cannot do anything from our end as we do not deal with anything related to the retailing of these controllers, as we primarily just make the software. My best bet would be to contact Novation and see if they can get in contact with their distributor in your area.

Cheers

Mak T
Fons 11:37 AM - 7 October, 2013
Thanx Mark, last week the supplier came thru after all. Problem solved.