Numark Mixtrack Pro II
Computer
PC
OS
Windows 8
Platform
-
Matt88 1:03 PM - 4 August, 2013
I am wanting to buy a new laptop, and just want to know will the latest version of Serato DJ Intro be compatible to work ok on windows 8, or what problems are you likely to experience if you install with windows 8?
Sam GG 3:53 AM - 8 August, 2013
Hey Matt88,

At this stage we do not officially support Windows 8 for use with our software. We are working to get the operating system supported in the future but I don't have a timeframe for that. Although its not officially supported a number of our users have no issue with it and continue to use it.

Its hard to predict what your problems will be until you have the machine and you try to get it running. In windows 8 you have the option to run programs in Windows 7 compatibility mode, I recommend doing this with our software.

Also, before you purchase your new machine have a read of this: serato.com

Cheers, Sam
Matt88 2:11 AM - 10 August, 2013
Hi Sam,
I am using a laptop that I have had for around 4 years, it is running windows 8, I am running Serato in windows 7 compatibility mode and the software itself is running fine, the only issue I am having now is when I connect the mixtrack pro 2 to the laptop, the sound coming out from the headphones is unbelievably slow and the quality is terrible and muffled, haven't connected external speakers, so not sure about the quality there, any idea why the quality is so bad through the headphones? tips of things I could try? scratching my head here
Sam GG 12:04 AM - 13 August, 2013
Hey Matt,

Could you give me your computers full specs? Also let me know if you have any other USB devices connected.

Few thing to check to pinpoint the issue:

Do the headphones perform fine when connected to another audio source? ie, iPod etc.

Do the tracks play normally in Serato when the controller is disconnected?

Are you able to try connecting the Mixtrack Pro II to another computer to see if you have the same issue?

Let me know how you go,

Sam
Matt88 1:14 PM - 13 August, 2013
Hi Sam,

Have tried with both external speakers and head phones and sound quality is still breaking
up throughout the track in both

Comp specs: AMD Turion (tm) x2 Dual-core Mobile RM-70 2.00 GHz
2 GB Ram
32-bit operating system, x64 based processor
250 GB HD

Yes headphones work fine on other devices, no other usb devices connected to comp

Tracks play normally in software when DJ controller is not connected

Yeah have tried connecting the Mixtrack Pro 2 to my work computer and it runs fine, sound quality is good from both headphones and speakers.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Sam GG 10:14 PM - 13 August, 2013
Hey Matt,

The fact that your controller and headphones work fine when taken away from the laptop suggest that the issue is to do with your computer. I may as well let you know right away that we do not officially support AMD processors as they can cause a few issues: serato.com

In saying that, I'll still try my best to get your machine running!

Check the little article I sent you, it has a few steps you can try to stimulate your chipset. Let me know if it helps.

Most importantly try different USB ports on your machine.

Also open Serato DJ > Setup > Audio > USB Buffer Size, try increasing the value by moving the slider to the right.

Cheers, Sam
1:57 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.