Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

"Attempting to load DJFX.dll"

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Delayney 9:12 PM - 21 July, 2013
Serato DJ loads fine w/o the controller attached. However, once I plug in my Pioneer controller I receive this message and the program/controller is unusable: "One of the files cannot be found, please reinstall or contact technical support (attempting to load DJFX.dll or C:\Program FIles (x86)\Serato\SeratoDJ\DJFX.dll)"

Couple things:
1) I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted computer, etc numerous times already before even resorting to contacting technical support.
2) I looked in that specified folder above, and the DJFX.dll file is there in the folder.
3) In my search for a solution, I did see that there was a thread started on Serato.com about this, but was of no help to the solution. Per the thread, it seems like the solution was to go to a competing company's program all together: serato.com. Hoping this is not really the case.

Further notes:
I do have a large library that was originally on an external hard drive. That did NOT agree with Serato DJ at all and crashed it automatically. I did some research and - though frustrating - I realized that having music on an external was likely the issue. I have recently spent much time slimming down my library so I could move it to the internal disk. Now with my files on the internal drive, my ScratchLive still works fine and Serato DJ loads. I can manipulate the library in Serato DJ offline mode (which I could NOT do when music was on the external). But now I am running into this DJFX.dll problem.

Please help.
Delayney
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:20 AM - 29 July, 2013
Hey Delayney,

Thanks for getting in touch, and thanks for the detailed information!

Before I start troubleshooting I want to get an understanding for your setup.

1. Can you send me your FULL computer specs?
-- Right-click your MY COMPUTER icon and select PROPERTIES.
-- Copy this info back to me please.

2. How big is your Serato DJ library (how many GBs / Songs)?

Delayney 11:01 PM - 29 July, 2013
Hello Jamie

To answer your questions:

1) Make: Samsung
Processor: Intel Core i7-2675QM @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 8 GB
System type: 64-bit
Hard drive: 1TB

2) Serato Library is approximately ~600GB or so. Easily 100k songs currently.

To reiterate: initially I had my Serato library on an EXTERNAL drive which made Serato DJ crash immediately. I have since moved the library to my internal drive and now I can load DJ but the "Attempting to load DJFX.dll" pops up when my Pioneer DDJ-SX in connected.

I have also recently installed the latest version of Serato DJ and updated my hardware's firmware.

THANK YOU.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:33 AM - 31 July, 2013
Hey Delayney,

Thanks for that information,

1. Computer specs look fine.

2. I am pretty confident your library size is causing the issue.
-- 100K or songs is a massive Serato DJ library.

We are working extremely hard on library management and this will only improve overtime but for now you are best to run a smaller Serato DJ library.
-- I recommend you just add the music you mostly DJ with.
-- Remove older music you no longer play. (you can always add it again later)

I recommend you read through this article --> serato.com
It explains how Serato using memory and ways you can lower memory usage so you can run a larger library.

To Get Things Back On Track

1. Navigate to your C:/Music folder.
2. In this folder you will see a _SERATO_ folder.
3. Rename this folder _SERATO_01.
4. Connect your controller and launch Serato DJ 1.2.1
-- You will notice Serato DJ launches with a fresh library.
5. Try add around 100x tunes for now.
6. Have a mix for and open the FX panel.

Do effects now work correctly?

Please let me know how you get on :)

Thanks.
sketchyj 5:04 AM - 20 August, 2013
Everything works fine for me in version 1.2 but when I tried to install 1.3 I'm getting that same error message after startup. I removed the whole library of songs but still not working. I'm using a Phenom 9750 quad-core processor at 2.4 ghz and 8 gb of RAM. I redownloaded the installer and removed the program and reinstalled, still not working. The .dll file is in the proper folder. Please help, J
DJSvain 6:20 AM - 20 August, 2013
This is the exact problem I'm having with my ns6. serato dj was working great, upgraded to 1.3 and now nothing because of the djfx.dll problem
DJ EXODUZ 6:22 AM - 20 August, 2013
same with me to, please fix this
sketchyj 6:25 AM - 20 August, 2013
I installed 1.3 on my laptop and it worked fine, it's a dual core 2.5 ghz with 4 gb of RAM. However, I could not install on my desktop running the 2.4 ghz quad core w/ 8gb of RAM.
DJ EXODUZ 6:28 AM - 20 August, 2013
When I plug in my NS6 it brings up the error msg
One of the files cannot be found please reinstall or contact technical support ( attempting to load DJFX.dll or C:\Program Files (x86)\Serato\SeratoDJ\DJFX.dll )
I just activated the Wolfpack to see if it corrects it but it doesnt.
I tried everything, Reinstalling, uninstalling. Going back to 1.2 hope u fix it soon.
Cant wait to get my hands on backpack
DJ EXODUZ 6:28 AM - 20 August, 2013
What controller do you use? sketchy
Mandalore 10:50 AM - 20 August, 2013
Hi,
I have the same problem as Delayney and Jamies advise wasn't helpful. I used the DDJ-SX with SeratoDJ 1.0 and every thing was working fine. But since I installed the version 1.3 I have got the same error message (couldn't load DJFX.dll). The firmware and driver are up to date.

AMD Phenom II 3.2GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit

I hope you can help me with this problem.
Tanks
sketchyj 1:02 PM - 20 August, 2013
I'm using the DDJ-SX with 1.07 firmware and windows 7
Paha Selecta 1:03 PM - 20 August, 2013
same issue with Vestax VCI - 300
sketchyj 1:05 PM - 20 August, 2013
Also, I was able to upgrade to version 1.3 on my laptop with a dual core 2.5 ghz and 4 gb of RAM just fine. It's the desktop Phenom with quad core 2.4 and 8gb RAM that is getting the error message.
JeriMind 1:19 PM - 20 August, 2013
i have an core i7 too... and the same problems!
DJ EXODUZ 2:07 PM - 20 August, 2013
Please Serato look into the problem. Am back to 1.2
DJ Celtus 2:47 PM - 20 August, 2013
Same issue here too...

Sort it out Serato, How about a fix for this TODAY?
funkyking 2:58 PM - 20 August, 2013
hope so...have the same problem with my vci 380
Clapperz 7:17 PM - 20 August, 2013
same with my ddj sx. Everything was fine until i installed 1.3
Negative1 7:44 PM - 20 August, 2013
I have the same issue with my NS6

AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor 2.6GHz
8GB DDR2
Windows 8 64-Bit
Marc G60T 9:10 PM - 20 August, 2013
Same problem here,

Phenom II 940BE, 8 Gig DDR2, WIn 7, Numark NS6
dj mgt 9:13 PM - 20 August, 2013
same with my ddj sx. Everything was fine until i installed 1.3
Juan Rossi 9:35 PM - 20 August, 2013
Same Problem, everything runs great until Update to 1.3

Pioneer DDJ-SX
Amd Phenom 3.6 Ghz
8 GB RAM
1 TB HD

PLEASE Fix the error.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:39 PM - 20 August, 2013
Hey Guys,

If you having issues please start your own help threads so we can help you out.

tracydontplaythat 10:42 PM - 20 August, 2013
Meeeeee TOOOOOOOO..LOL.
tracydontplaythat 10:43 PM - 20 August, 2013
fatal error djfx.dll
sketchyj 10:48 PM - 20 August, 2013
OK guys the fix is on another thread posted by another user. Get version 1.2.1 [link removed] install it, copy the djfx.dll file and the izdjfx.dll files, upgrade to 1.3 paste those files in there and it worked for me.
C'mon Serato, the support robot is only giving us forum rules now, this is the answer we needed.
selecta patrick 11:03 PM - 20 August, 2013
same problem here everything was fine until I upgrade to serato dj 1.3 please fix it asap please
DJ Axon 11:18 PM - 20 August, 2013
Sketchyj it makes it run but none of the fx work properly
DJ Celtus 11:27 PM - 20 August, 2013
Quote:
OK guys the fix is on another thread posted by another user. Get version 1.2.1 [link removed] install it, copy the djfx.dll file and the izdjfx.dll files, upgrade to 1.3 paste those files in there and it worked for me.
C'mon Serato, the support robot is only giving us forum rules now, this is the answer we needed.

Yeah its not a fix as such...

Quote:
Sketchyj it makes it run but none of the fx work properly

but better than nothing, until Serato team stop scratching their heads.....

Whats the betting they blame AMD processors for the fault, starting to notice several people who are getting the DJFX.dll are using AMD processors, myself included. However, there are people using Intel on laptops that have also posted the same fatal error.
DJ_Gioturbo 11:29 PM - 20 August, 2013
works for as he said sketchyj but with fx everything in block
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:42 PM - 20 August, 2013
Hey Guys,

I don't recommend you try that "fix". It will cause problems for your effects units.
Please start your own help threads, this is the best way we can help you out.

If you want to do a quick test to check its not your Serato Library size causing you issues, follow the below instructions.
-- Serato DJ 1.3 adds multi fx and this requires a decent amount of CPU/memory and if you run a rather large library you may find it struggles to load all its features correctly.

Create a fresh Serato library

1. Disconnect all USB devices.
-- This includes EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES
2. Navigate to your _SERATO_ folder.
-- Windows: C:/MUSIC/_SERATO_
-- MAC: Macintosh HD:/MUSIC/_SERATO_
3. Rename this folder _SERATO_01
4. Plug in your Serato DJ controller.
5. Launch Serato DJ 1.3
-- It should load with a blank library.

Putting your old library back in place

1. Close Serato DJ.
2. Disconnect your Serato DJ controller.
3. Navigate to:
-- Windows: C:/MUSIC
-- Mac: Macintosh HD:/MUSIC
4. You will see a NEW _SERATO_ folder has been created.
-- Rename this folder _SERATO_TEST
5. Find your old Serato folder _SERATO_01
-- Rename this folder back to _SERATO_
-- Serato software will now load your previous library correctly.

Everyone has a different computer and a different way of managing things. Each computer may have a slightly different CAUSE for this issue, we need you to start your own help threads so we can help you out further. Please do that if you want further help

Thanks.
Jamie W
DJ Celtus 11:52 PM - 20 August, 2013
Thanks Jamie...but been there, tried that...and still get the DJFX.dll fatal error.
Raised a support request several hours ago. Guess its like everything that "you" serato say to your users..."the fix maybe release sometime during the summer or fall 2013, but you unable to give an exact release date". How many months have you been testing, fiddling about with Serato Dj, and not seen this error coming?
DJ_Gioturbo 12:01 AM - 21 August, 2013
same mistake
sketchyj 12:12 AM - 21 August, 2013
At first it looked like it was working but now I see that the "fix" doesn't really work because the FX don't work right. I'm back to 1.2. I will post a new thread although it seems like a lot of trouble to ask each individual person to do this since it's obviously something that needs a universal fix. When the brakes fail on a new car they do a universal recall and address the mistake they made. We're not asked to submit each and every vehicle for an evaluation to find out why there is a problem.
DJ Celtus 12:17 AM - 21 August, 2013
I think its something to do with the old AMD excuse......

In this day & age, AMD processors should be supported.

From what i`m seeing, SDJ 1.2 worked fine on both Intel & AMD PC`s & Laptops...so perhaps not an AMD issue...i dont know...just getting pissed with the whole thing.
DJ Axon 12:17 AM - 21 August, 2013
I think we all started our own help thread hours ago. Just another way for you to buy more time.
hotcreations 12:59 AM - 21 August, 2013
This is a ....... joke
sketchyj 1:15 AM - 21 August, 2013
I'm running a Dell M6300 with the Intel T9300 Core 2 Duo and 4gb of RAM and it's working fine with 1.3. There could be something to the theory that it's an AMD processor problem. I bet we will be either be seeing an update soon or a change in the computing spec requirements.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:28 AM - 21 August, 2013
Hey Guys,

If you haven't already please include your computer specs in your help threads you have started.
-- It will help us with figuring out similarities you all may have.

Please also note: We have not supported AMD processors for a while now. They can cause some really strange issues.

-- This is stated on the Minimum Spec requirements page for ALL our applications.
-- SERATO DJ spec requirements can be found here -->serato.com
-- AMD processor statement from us --> serato.com

We will get back to you all in your help threads as soon as we can.

Thanks.
sketchyj 1:38 AM - 21 August, 2013
I was playing around with the new free Wolf Pack last night and having a lot of fun. I'm getting the other pack too. Looks like it's time to think about a road case and stand for the DDJ-SX and move the unit away from the AMD desktop anyway.
DJ Axon 1:42 AM - 21 August, 2013
Great.....I have amd.....I suppose I shouldn't expect much support then. Probably don't support it because it costs you too much to do additional functionality testing.
tracydontplaythat 2:50 AM - 21 August, 2013
Scetchyj was right - Get version DJ1.2.1 here [link removed] install it, -Keep in mind its the old version dont worry about it working with the new controllers - just copy the djfx.dll file and the izdjfx.dll files, from program files where its installed, Then upgrade to DJ 1.3 paste those files in there. Replacing the ones in it - guess there bad files -
Boom!! Works perfect.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:52 AM - 21 August, 2013
Hey Tracydontplaythat,

I don't recommend you try that "fix". Serato DJ 1.3 may load but it will cause problems for your effects units and they will not work correctly.
Please start your own help thread, this is the best way we can help you out.
tracydontplaythat 3:05 AM - 21 August, 2013
well then update the dll the old dll works
sketchyj 3:09 AM - 21 August, 2013
Don't get this guy wound up he'll just tell you to start a new thread.
Clapperz 5:22 AM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
it seems like a lot of trouble to ask each individual person to do this since it's obviously something that needs a universal fix. When the brakes fail on a new car they do a universal recall and address the mistake they made. We're not asked to submit each and every vehicle for an evaluation to find out why there is a problem.

Exactly
DJ EXODUZ 6:45 AM - 21 August, 2013
Anyone with another chipset with the same problems? So i will just clear my doubt, give up and move one with another chipset. Serato amuses me, like the way they gave up on itch now on AMD processors, who knows what next, video cards maybe
PachN 7:29 AM - 21 August, 2013
Hello,
before I open my own thread, I just wanted to say, that I have the same issue with 1.3.
I also use an AMD Phenom unit...
DJ EXODUZ 8:25 AM - 21 August, 2013
I think thats it. AMD processors are not being supported anymore. It has to do with the dll files. if it worked on 1.2, they just simply removed some s**t not to make it run on AMD. So IMO just get anything different from AMD, but serato should inform people if they are going to discontinue some product before time, just like they did itch with the NS6 controller when i bought it. Switching over to SDJ to start having bugs, is the least i want now. So serato try and get your priorities straight.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:52 AM - 21 August, 2013
Hey DJ Exoduz,

Quote:
but serato should inform people if they are going to discontinue some product before time, just like they did itch with the NS6 controller when i bought it. Switching over to SDJ to start having bugs, is the least i want now. So serato try and get your priorities straight.

We have informed everyone in regards to not supporting AMD processors.
There has been a statement on our website for a very long time.
-- We also have this information on EVERY applications minimums spec page.

Thanks.
DJ EXODUZ 10:25 AM - 21 August, 2013
Jamie am not disputing the fact that it was in a statement. It's just that the bugs can be fixed rather than getting a new computer. For me it's no problem but for some people it may be a great setback. If dll files from 1.2 supported AMD, there is d possibility that it can work with 1.3 all am asking is just have ur techs take a look at it please.
Mandalore 10:32 AM - 21 August, 2013
What a joke to say "no more AMD support" because of some bugs or programming complications! I payed 1000 euro for lazy developers, great....

Should I buy TRAKTOR or a new PC with Intel now or what???
DJ EXODUZ 10:39 AM - 21 August, 2013
Quote:
Hey DJ Exoduz,

Quote:
but serato should inform people if they are going to discontinue some product before time, just like they did itch with the NS6 controller when i bought it. Switching.....

I was referring to itch not the AMD processor
AkAnderson 10:41 AM - 21 August, 2013
same problem as everyone else, ddj-sx great bit of kit, Serato useless!!!!! djfx.dll problem needs fixing, its your update that's the problem, sort it out guys!!!! QUICKLEY
DJ Celtus 1:23 PM - 21 August, 2013
JeriMind;
Quote:
i have an core i7 too... and the same problems!

The Mystery continues...
DJ Axon 2:42 PM - 21 August, 2013
Well we just have to wait until around 3pm CST for them to get back into work
DJ EXODUZ 2:48 PM - 21 August, 2013
If not for the effects pack I won't even bother
hotcreations 3:42 PM - 21 August, 2013
Not supporting AMD laptops yet all the other versions work perfectly fine? Not a chance am I buying a new laptop, if this doesn't get resolved sharpish then I'm off buy TRAKTOR and re-map my DDJ-SX.
Clapperz 6:04 PM - 21 August, 2013
this is fucking bullshit. I didnt pay 800 quid for a DDJ-SX to then have to buy a new laptop a few months down the line.
DJ Celtus 8:17 PM - 21 August, 2013
The usual excuse AMD not supported......

Its not good enough. Good job Nvidia Graphics cards, or even PC game developers don`t come out and make the same excuses;

Quote From Serato`s Jamie W

Quote:
We have informed everyone in regards to not supporting AMD processors.
There has been a statement on our website for a very long time.
-- We also have this information on EVERY applications minimums spec page.

Thanks.

The lazy developers from Serato & Intel monopoly, as usual.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:09 AM - 22 August, 2013
Hi everybody.

There is a lot of understandable frustration on this thread and I would like to clarify a few things.

Firstly, I 100% support everything Jamie has been saying here. For some very valid reasons, computers running AMD processors have not been supported for use with Serato software for a long time now. This information has been displayed clearly and consistently in a number of areas. Users choosing to ignore this are doing so at their own risk.

We have re-visited this position a number of times over the years, but our testing has consistently found serious issues that cause us to maintain our view to not support. It should be noted that we have never blocked users from installing and running our software with AMD processors because we know that, by chance, some computers will function well and we want people to be able to use our products where possible.

We in the Support team have always done everything we can to help users who have issues, regardless of their hardware configuration, supported or not. It is always difficult for us when we reach the end of a road with users whose issues can't be solved due to systemic issues (often after hours and hours of one to one troubleshooting).

Probably the most important aspect of 'not supported' that needs to be understood here is that 'no support' = 'no testing'. This is where the risk emerges. Your computer may run fine with our software for years and years, only to have it fail with a new release, because there is an issue that hasn't been picked up with a specific hardware configuration that we don't support and therefore don't test.

I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to figure out exactly what is going on here and hope to have some clarity shortly. I am liaising with our development team to ensure a full company response to this situation.

I must remind you all though that continuing to run hardware that is unsupported is your risk and we at Serato can in no way guarantee that you won't experience issues like this in future. Hopefully this is unlikely, but it will certainly be possible.

Feel free to hit me up with any further questions you may have.

Aaron
Support Team Leader
Clapperz 5:06 AM - 22 August, 2013
Thank you
Negative1 6:35 AM - 22 August, 2013
What a joke.

I'm not buying a new laptop just to use Serato's very lame effects. I'll use nothing but Traktor from now on.

You lost me as a customer for life.

It's either just bad programming on Serato's end and unwillingness to make up for it or they have an agreement with Intel. Either way Traktor works fine with AMD as does every other DJ software.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:34 AM - 22 August, 2013
Hi Negative1

Quote:
I'm not buying a new laptop just to use Serato's very lame effects.

Reverting to Serato DJ 1.2.1 or lower would resolve the situation for you. The new effects are not a part of these versions so won't present an issue for you.

Quote:
It's either just bad programming on Serato's end and unwillingness to make up for it or they have an agreement with Intel.

I'm afraid neither of these propositions are true. As is clearly stated above, we don't test on AMD machines because we don't support them. We are also incredibly willing to endeavour to resolve this issue and are working as fast as we can to determine what can possibly be done.

Having an agreement with Intel would be very interesting indeed, but I'm not sure they broker deals with players in the DJ software market.

Cheers
nik39 11:40 AM - 22 August, 2013
Hi Aaron, did I misunderstand the OP? I think he wrote that he has an Intel machine, not an AMD machine. Is this djfx.dll missing issue an AMD machine failure?
Clapperz 12:24 PM - 22 August, 2013
It doesnt resolve the issue of paying for the new effects bundle and not being able to use it though
Rob-S 4:22 PM - 22 August, 2013
Same issue, AMD.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:32 PM - 22 August, 2013
Quote:
Hi Aaron, did I misunderstand the OP? I think he wrote that he has an Intel machine, not an AMD machine. Is this djfx.dll missing issue an AMD machine failure?

Hey nik39

You are quite right that the OP was from an Intel user. However, as Jamie quickly ascertained, their issue appears to be related to their large library (yes, same error message - different cause). This thread has since become mostly focussed on the issue with AMD machines not being able to read the djfx.dll, hence the current focus.

Apologies to Delayney for hi-jacking this thread, but it's good to get everybody in one place so we can get the best information to you all as quickly as possible. You may see a bunch more turn up here soon as we are going to steer everyone experiencing the AMD can't read djfx.dll error in this direction.

Unfortunately I can't be specific just yet, but we are making some progress in understanding what is causing this. Whether or not it can be fixed is a different story.

@Clapperz (and everybody) - We in Support are here to help you from a technical perspective, for any sales related queries you can get in touch with sales@serato.com.

Cheers
nik39 11:02 PM - 22 August, 2013
Thanks for the clarifications :)
DJ T ROY 11:57 PM - 22 August, 2013
well here is the thing maybe giving the option to people with AMD before they download should be an option because I just went out and bought this new laptop and im using AMD and when I got it 1.2.1 was working fine but now that 1.3 came out now all of a sudden there are problems and yall are bouncing it back to say its the AMD but here is the thing since a lot of people have upgraded on MAC WIN AMD OR WHAT EVER a lot of people are having problems with this new upgrade and that's not cool plus I tried to go back to 1.2.1 it wont let me it puts all the way back to 1.1.2 like one of the first upgrades. something is wrong when in this thread you have 20 different people telling there is something wrong not everyone has the same specs and are having issues put the AMD to the side and setting up the help post not working.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:16 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
something is wrong when in this thread you have 20 different people telling there is something wrong not everyone has the same specs and are having issues put the AMD to the side and setting up the help post not working.

DJ T ROY

I have been very clear with you on this topic in the other thread serato.com and I'm not going to spend any more time clarifying this for you.

Are you saying that you are having trouble opening a help thread? If so, can you tell me what exactly is happening?

Thanks
DJ T ROY 12:50 AM - 23 August, 2013
your right don't you waste any more of your time clarifying anything for me" the paying customer" thanks. I do know this before a lot of people had AMD and was using serato DJ 1.2.1 no problems then I got excited about the new FX couldn't wait to use them on 1.3 like I'm sure everyone else here was to and now your saying there is a problem we are all SOL and there is nothing that can be done alright well for those that use AMD and that's a good number of people you cant use serato. SMH don't worry about responding to this don't want you wasting your time.
DJ T ROY 12:52 AM - 23 August, 2013
problem solved.
pdidy 3:35 AM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
problem solved.

cool, so does that mean you're going to refrain from making an even bigger fool of yourself ?
Aaron E has clearly tried to assist you but you insist on acting like a douche bag.....grow up.
Jamokstain 5:04 AM - 23 August, 2013
I saw a long time ago that AMD processors were not supported however Itch had no issues on my system whatsoever and I was looking forward to upgrading.

Seems like I'll keep using a working but also unsupported Itch 2.2 while I save up for a copy of Traktor. Shame.
alx boss 3:10 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
<font><font>
Джейми я не оспариваю тот факт, что это было в заявлении. </font><font>Это просто, что ошибки могут быть исправлены, а не получать новый компьютер. </font><font>Для меня это не проблема, но для некоторых людей это может быть большой неудачей. </font><font>Если DLL файлы от 1,2 поддерживается AMD, D есть вероятность, что он может работать с 1.3 прошу всех просто были ур санитаров взгляните на это, пожалуйста.
</font></font>

All right I have AMD-fhenom (tm) 2/4 945 3.00Ghz processor, memory (RAM) 8.00GB and it works with version 1.2 and version 1.3 fatal error dll and stuff like that, and why 1.2 works 1.3 no?
sketchyj 3:53 PM - 23 August, 2013
Ever notice how when you see DJs on youtube doing their sets live at a club or out somewhere that 99.9 percent of the time they are using Macbooks? When you see the Pioneer print ad for their products they show the DDJ-SX right next to a MacBook in the photo. There's a lot of snobbery in the DJ community against Windows machines. I would bet donuts to dollars that is what is going on here. They don't really want to support windows machines and this is the way they are going about doing it.
Funkytownstopsix 4:09 PM - 23 August, 2013
I will start my own tread but I want you guys to know that I have an I7 processer quad core and having simlar problems after the upgrade. 1.3 was working fine unitl I tried to change the fx to one of the new ones, soon as I changed it it crashed... Now my Serato Dj just shuts down leaving the video plugin up and running. When I get home today I will start my thread.
Funkytownstopsix 4:11 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
Ever notice how when you see DJs on youtube doing their sets live at a club or out somewhere that 99.9 percent of the time they are using Macbooks? When you see the Pioneer print ad for their products they show the DDJ-SX right next to a MacBook in the photo. There's a lot of snobbery in the DJ community against Windows machines. I would bet donuts to dollars that is what is going on here. They don't really want to support windows machines and this is the way they are going about doing it.

yeah macbooks are needed as the work flawless.... My pc worked just fine until the upgrade audio and video wise. I will upgrade my mac tonight see how that goes.
KontraDikshun 5:09 PM - 23 August, 2013
I don't like how many of these threads have turned into a AMD vs. Intel vs. Mac debate. I'm hopeful that my testimony will spark an adult-level conversation between us (the end users) and Serato. I apologize for the length beforehand, but I want to be as thorough as possible.

I've been a Serato user for 9 mos (former Torq user, and I loved that program). The only reason I chose Serato over Traktor (even though I already had some NI hardware in my possession) was video mixing. Because the DDJ SX was hardly in-stock in December, I bought a Numark NS6. At the time I had 2 PCs: a 17.3" HP with a AMD processor, and a 15.6" Toshiba with an Intel processor (both exceeded the specs listed). Nowhere in the online advertising or on the Numark box does it say that "AMD processors aren't supported" (it gives processor SPEED and ram size requirements).

I decided to use my HP with the AMD processor because a) the larger screen, and b) the larger RAM (8GB). I installed Itch...no issues. I installed the video plugin...no problems. I upgraded to Serato DJ...again, no problems. I finally bought a DDJ-SX and hooked it up to the same computer...yet again, no issues at all. Needless to say, my first problems started with the Serato 1.3 upgrade (and yes I paid the $19 for the expansion pack). I uninstalled the effects, updated drivers, reinstalled Serato...still no go (fatal error).

For the record, I tried the installation on my Toshiba with the Intel processor (again, well above specs) and got the SAME FATAL ERROR. To get thru my club gigs I'm back on my HP (AMD) and running Itch until this gets worked out.

To the Serato moderator...I had never heard that AMD processors weren't supported by you all until this issue came about (and I have DJ-ing peers that use PCs with AMD processors, using both DJ and SL, that didn't know this either). I know you guys are overwhelmed with a lot of piss and venom right now, which is unfortunate but understandable. There are a great many of us that received our equipment from 3rd party vendors (i.e. Numark and Pioneer), and these vendors made no mention of the AMD issue. This isn't an issue that's isolated to AMD machines (as my experience indicates), it's a programming issue that I trust you'll resolve.

For those asking "Why not just buy a Mac and be done with it?", here's your answer: the one that meets my specs for screen size cost $4K. I'm not dropping that on a laptop (sorry). I refuse to DJ on an 11.6" or 13.3" screen...God bless those of you that do. I hope my testimony will raise the level of discourse regarding this matter. Fellow DJs, I ask that we don't snipe at each other and keep our focus on the matter at hand: the improvement/correction of Serato 1.3. Good day/night, and God Bless you all.
alx boss 5:17 PM - 23 August, 2013
Quote:
<font><font>
Замечали ли вы, когда вы видите, ди-джеев на YouTube делает в своих сетах живую в клубе или где-то, что 99,9 процентов времени они используют Macbooks? </font><font>Когда вы видите объявление Pioneer печати на свою продукцию они показывают DDJ-SX рядом с MacBook на фото. </font><font class="">Там очень много снобизма в обществе DJ против машин под Windows. </font><font>Я готов держать пари, пончики на доллары это то, что здесь происходит. </font><font>Они действительно не хотят поддерживать Windows-машин, и это, как они собираются делать это.
</font></font>

maybe the way it is
Funkytownstopsix 1:26 AM - 24 August, 2013
:) if my statement caused those comments I am only
presenting facts. I much rather use a PC but fact is its not always possible too many veriables AMD being one of them. I have a PC working laptop doing video flawless it is an Intel though.

Now for the Update it was an external drive issue, once I took the drive off it work as it should. Actually it worked very well.
Negative1 2:11 AM - 26 August, 2013
Quote:
Hi Negative1

Quote:
I'm not buying a new laptop just to use Serato's very lame effects.

Reverting to Serato DJ 1.2.1 or lower would resolve the situation for you. The new effects are not a part of these versions so won't present an issue for you.

Quote:
It's either just bad programming on Serato's end and unwillingness to make up for it or they have an agreement with Intel.

I'm afraid neither of these propositions are true. As is clearly stated above, we don't test on AMD machines because we don't support them. We are also incredibly willing to endeavour to resolve this issue and are working as fast as we can to determine what can possibly be done.

Having an agreement with Intel would be very interesting indeed, but I'm not sure they broker deals with players in the DJ software market.

Cheers

The problem is that while your website (if you search for it) does say that you do not support AMD processors the controllers you bundle your software with do not state this on the packaging. Not one time.

Minimum requirements state XP SP2, Vista, Windows 7, Dual Core 1.6GHz processor (mine doubles that), 2GB of RAM.

That is it.

I will be filing a BBB claim on Serato and Numark.
Funkytownstopsix 2:48 PM - 26 August, 2013
: 0 i mean :) go get it tiger....
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:27 AM - 27 August, 2013
Hey everybody

I have some good news.

Together with our good friends at iZotope, we have identified what the issue is for the reading of the djfx.dll on AMD machines. A fix is underway and we hope to have something for you soon.

Please don't ask for specificity of timing just yet as I can't give it. This is more for your peace of mind than anything as I really don't want to raise expectations only to disappoint. We are putting everything we can into this and will have it for you all ASAP.

Once again, let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers
Aaron
PachN 7:40 AM - 27 August, 2013
Quote:

The problem is that while your website (if you search for it) does say that you do not support AMD processors the controllers you bundle your software with do not state this on the packaging. Not one time.

Minimum requirements state XP SP2, Vista, Windows 7, Dual Core 1.6GHz processor (mine doubles that), 2GB of RAM.

That is it.

I mentioned that in my own thread couple of days ago too. This is the answer:

Quote:
Hey PachN,

That is a really good point that you make about the software requirements being printed on the manufacturers websites and the controller packaging. Unfortunately I do not have a box here at the office to check the exact wording. However I will look into this further.

Sam

Now let's see what happens and if the AMD fix will work...
DJ EXODUZ 3:01 PM - 27 August, 2013
The fix better work am not gonna waste 19$ for nothing
Rah 1:11 AM - 28 August, 2013
yea hope the fix works
DJ Axon 12:23 AM - 30 August, 2013
So where is it..... talk about it but don't have it yet. How much longer will this wait be?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:23 AM - 30 August, 2013
Quote:

Please don't ask for specificity of timing just yet as I can't give it. This is more for your peace of mind than anything as I really don't want to raise expectations only to disappoint. We are putting everything we can into this and will have it for you all ASAP.
DJ Axon 2:25 AM - 30 August, 2013
Thanks for your kind words....
R_D_Cline 11:31 PM - 30 August, 2013
Quote:
Please Serato look into the problem. Am back to 1.2

can I ask?... you do not have the fatal error message with 1.2? I tried 1.1 and I had the same error message as with 1.3 and the file is in the location that it should be in.
Rah 12:19 AM - 31 August, 2013
The error is in the 1.3. i previously used the 1.1 and 1.2 and no error as i upgraded i encountered the problem. since i encountered the problem on 1.3 im forced to go back and used the 1.2. please work on giving us a result as soon as possible. thanks
VegasBourne 12:43 AM - 1 September, 2013
How about a timeline of a patch for this? Your previous discussions on this topic not that other problems with AMD have occurred and running this is at our own risk. This is the first and only problem I have ever encountered with my AMD 64 but I have to say that this is a major problem. Running Trakor is at your risk not mine. Not testing your software before publishing a new version is your risk, not mine. Not taking responsibility for this is your risk, not mine. How about Serato.com acts professional about the problem and finds a fix without blaming everyone for actually purchasing this equipment as "our own risk".

Quote:
Hey everybody

I have some good news.

Together with our good friends at iZotope, we have identified what the issue is for the reading of the djfx.dll on AMD machines. A fix is underway and we hope to have something for you soon.

Once again, let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers

Aaron
VegasBourne 12:48 AM - 1 September, 2013
Oh, and I will ask for a timeline if I want to, even if you can't give one. How about Serato.com gives peace of mind by standing by their product so we have no reason to doubt you. You already raised expectations by advertising your upgrade with "all the new updates" and then crashed a lot of our computers. How about an apology, and a timeline?

Quote:
Quote:
pdidy 1:15 AM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:
How about a timeline of a patch for this? Your previous discussions on this topic not that other problems with AMD have occurred and running this is at our own risk. This is the first and only problem I have ever encountered with my AMD 64 but I have to say that this is a major problem. Running Trakor is at your risk not mine. Not testing your software before publishing a new version is your risk, not mine. Not taking responsibility for this is your risk, not mine. How about Serato.com acts professional about the problem and finds a fix without blaming everyone for actually purchasing this equipment as "our own risk".

Quote:
Oh, and I will ask for a timeline if I want to, even if you can't give one. How about Serato.com gives peace of mind by standing by their product so we have no reason to doubt you. You already raised expectations by advertising your upgrade with "all the new updates" and then crashed a lot of our computers. How about an apology, and a timeline?

www.reactiongifs.com
Negative1 7:35 AM - 1 September, 2013
What a d-bag of a company.
pdidy 12:38 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:

Hey , if I was too broke to buy a proper laptop I would be mad too.....lol
sketchyj 1:20 PM - 1 September, 2013

Considering that people may have bought a laptop originally based on the minimum spec requirements of 2.4 ghz and 4 gb of RAM it's understandable that people would be upset that the software worked then but now with the new update it stopped working. I was going off the specs on the Pioneer website when shopping for a suitable laptop. Since they bundle the software with the controller it is on them and Serato to make sure those specs work to handle the software. Nowhere did I see anything on the Pioneer site about AMD not working with the software. It says minimum specs are 2.4 Core 2 Duo. Luckily, I bought a Core 2 Duo processor laptop but someone could easily interpret that to mean any computer with a 2.4 ghz minimum spec. It doesn't specifically say DO NOT use AMD and that's why people are complaining.
Negative1 3:20 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

The AMD FX-9370 in my laptop is better than 95% of anything Intel has.

Traktor runs flawless on it.
alx boss 4:23 PM - 1 September, 2013
Instruments native-supported AMD, and that's why there is no serato tractor powered by AMD that is the question? or buy a MAC or sit on the tractor and go further, here read, www.native-instruments.com
pdidy 4:51 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The AMD FX-9370 in my laptop is better than 95% of anything Intel has.

Traktor runs flawless on it.

I think you should show Serato who's boss and move to traktor right now......
nik39 6:23 PM - 1 September, 2013
Cmon didy... Give them a break. They have a valid point when saying it's not being mentioned on the hardware partners site.
Rah 9:18 PM - 1 September, 2013
the point is we need a fix. i prefer my laptop it works fine with the previous versions of serato and my laptop is an amd
pdidy 11:01 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:
Cmon didy... Give them a break. They have a valid point when saying it's not being mentioned on the hardware partners site.

They need to learn and practice due diligence (like you do). Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse.
sketchyj 11:10 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

They need to learn and practice due diligence (like you do). Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse.

What? If I'm buying a controller I shouldn't have to look up specs on a software vendors website just to double check in case the hardware supplier forgot to mention something. Due diligence is something bank loan officers and people renting apartments should have to deal with, not consumers buying DJ gear.
pdidy 11:17 PM - 1 September, 2013
Thank you Sketckyj ;)

And I arrest my case......
sketchyj 11:28 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:
Thank you Sketckyj ;)

And I arrest my case......

And your case that people are ignorant because they didn't find the info that AMD doesn't work on the Serato site (if it is there, I don't even know) is a faulty one. It's absolutely ludicrous. When buying the hardware, the logical place to look for minimum specs is on the box or on the hardware vendors website, not the software vendors. If pertinent information is omitted there, then it's not up to the consumer to check the software site, it's a mistake by the hardware/software partners. And it's up to Serato to make sure their partners have the correct information to give out. You are the ignorant idiot looking to troll people here. You're some big shot with all the money in the world, huh? I doubt it. You're trying to laugh at people who "can't afford a proper laptop" or that are "ignorant" and didn't do their "due diligence", when it's not on the consumer to read their minds, we are going off what was stated on the box.
pdidy 11:58 PM - 1 September, 2013
Quote:

I'd love to know Serato an its partners legal stand point on this issue but as a professional
Dj and informed consumer, my fore mentioned position remains the same.
sketchyj 12:11 AM - 2 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I'd love to know Serato an its partners legal stand point on this issue but as a professional

Your position isn't worth a hill of beans. Serato's position is that they are working on fixing the issue. They know it's a mistake or they wouldn't be promising a fix for it. Just because you happened to already have known this (supposedly) doesn't make you smarter than anyone else. I looked at the Serato site minimum specs and it's more obvious that it has to be Intel because it says "supported processors: Intel Dual core 2.4ghz", not "minimum Specs: 2.4ghz core2duo". That 2nd description is way too vague and shouldn't have to be researched to clarify. It misleads the consumer into thinking it has to be dual core 2.4 because of the vague wording. Anyone who spent money on an AMD computer after reading the Pioneer min specs wasted their hard earned money because of a mistake. Whether it was Pioneers or Seratos mistake remains to be seen but I wouldn't characterize the consumers as "ignorant" because they interpreted the vague info the wrong way. Since this issue doesn't affect your computers, why are you posting here on this forum? This thread is for people needing a problem fixed, not for others who don't have a problem to come and gloat and throw insults at people who've spent $1k on controller and hundreds more on a computer.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:24 AM - 2 September, 2013
Hey guys

We in Technical Support have done everything we can to make sure this issue has been properly understood and escalated to the appropriate channels. We are pleased to be able to tell you all that progress is being made. I realise the wait is frustrating, but these things take time.

I will continue to update you all and everything going well, will have a fix for you before too long. I am not in a position to be able to comment on behalf of our hardware partners.

Aaron
pdidy 2:53 AM - 2 September, 2013
@ sketchyj
On a more positive note, I'm sure this has been a learning experience for you. It's highly unlikely you will make such an ignorant and or uninformed decision again without first doing your research and properly educating yourself. Hey, I understand you're a bit hostile right now but hopeful I will be able to assist in the near future.
DJ Axon 2:57 AM - 2 September, 2013
Pdidy your an annoyance to this thread, and my email alerts.....
pdidy 3:04 AM - 2 September, 2013
Thank you axon ;)
DJ EXODUZ 6:46 AM - 2 September, 2013
Lol, I love this thread, while angrily awaiting for a fix, am happily enjoying taunts and rants.
Hopefully everyone would be happy when the fix is finally out in the end.
nik39 11:06 AM - 2 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I disagree. If it is true [...] then it is not the customers responsibility to check any and all resources about the compatibility. If the box does not specifically state the constraints/restrictions - not the users fault - legally.

Now when we talk about best practice - that's something different. Never trust a company by their marketing talks. ;)
pdidy 5:52 PM - 2 September, 2013
Quote:
I disagree. If it is true [...] then it is not the customers responsibility to check any and all resources about the compatibility. If the box does not specifically state the constraints/restrictions - not the users fault - legally.

I see you cleverly ignored my clarification but I'm not making any legal claims or assumptions which is why i stated.....
Quote:

Quote:
Now when we talk about best practice - that's something different. Never trust a company by their marketing talks. ;)

So then we agree.....

As a professional dj, I hold myself to a higher standard than "what the box says"....And I know for a fact you do as well.......;)
nik39 7:40 PM - 2 September, 2013
But then you're judging by the false standards here.
pdidy 8:33 PM - 2 September, 2013
Quote:
But then you're judging by the false standards here.

We could debate that argument for a very long time.....
nik39 9:31 PM - 2 September, 2013
No. The average customer doesn't have to do all the research.
pdidy 10:19 PM - 2 September, 2013
Quote:
No. The average customer doesn't have to do all the research.

when you say "do all the research", Its is not a clear assessment of my argument or how it applies to the dj.

"Due diligence refers to the care a "reasonable person" should take before entering into an agreement or a transaction with another party. Due diligence is a way of preventing unnecessary harm to either party involved in a transaction."

So when I say "Do your homework", "practice Due diligence", "do your research" .....It applies to "the care a "reasonable person" should take".

So now is this really a "false standards" as it applies to the DJ'S ?

Sure, it could be debated for or against, but in the best interest of the DJ....... why would we want too.
DJ EXODUZ 6:33 AM - 3 September, 2013
Hey Didy not everyone is as meticulous as u are. People are different, you have to respect that. If they had known, no one will use an AMD with serato. And most did use CDJs, they never understood what this compatibility issues was until now. U don't blame people for being ignorant, instead u will blame them for neglect after getting this knowledge and still complain if it repeats in the future. Stop hurting people's feelings by claiming u have an oversized brain with all circuits working, or U are a God who know due diligence. People are different please respect that. I agree that we should do research before we take decisions, that's fine, but there are still some room for trial and error, experience and practice. We are trying to rectify a problem that will help all of us, and putting blames won't help a bit. As for everyone including myself better start thinking of a Mac or high end Intel, u should check i-store and see massive audio applications being rolled out. It's where the wind is blowing. I hate Apple no hard feelings but I just have to embrace the truth
pdidy 9:02 AM - 3 September, 2013
Quote:
Stop hurting people's feelings by claiming u have an oversized brain with all circuits working

Bullshit, im not nearly that intelligent.....

but its good to see you're taking a proactive approach to the issue.
sketchyj 9:57 AM - 3 September, 2013
I don't feel insulted at all by people with "oversize brains with all circuits working". I just don't feel that he is one of them. Someone with all circuits working would be satisfied that their computer isn't having a problem and they would go about their business doing positive and productive things with their time, not responding to forum threads that don't pertain to them, simply to annoy others. Also, I wouldn't characterize him as "meticulous" just because he says he happened to know of the specs off the Serato site. It could just mean that he was interested in using the software before he bought a controller. Others didn't need the software until they bought the controller and they came to the logical conclusion that they could get all the info they needed from the hardware supplier. A high end Intel processor isn't necessary, nor is a Mac. The 2.4 ghz Core2Duo Laptop I got has 4gb of RAM (upgradeable to 8gb just like a Mac), a 750gb 7200 rpm hard drive, 17" screen all for under $300. It's a Dell M6300 and they have suitable ones on ebay starting at $165.
davidpsg 11:51 AM - 3 September, 2013
A date for fix ?? :(
SDJS 3:04 PM - 3 September, 2013
I just appreciate Serato actually taking the time to look at the data and see if it could find the reason and start working on a fix. They could have just as well said sorry we dont support AMD processors (which is mentioned) but followed with a fix. I just hope they show their commitment true and make it a within reason fix and not on the next update, there needs to be more effects in DJ to get more out of my ddjSX.
If your not a lawyer, get one, otherwise I'd love to see options and trials of a workaround or a true fix. Have you ever heard Chihuahuas barking? :) Amen! Mike
pdidy 6:12 PM - 3 September, 2013
Your previous comment didn't quite earn a response but this portion was interesting......

Quote:
A high end Intel processor isn't necessary, nor is a Mac. The 2.4 ghz Core2Duo Laptop I got has 4gb of RAM (upgradeable to 8gb just like a Mac), a 750gb 7200 rpm hard drive, 17" screen all for under $300. It's a Dell M6300 and they have suitable ones on ebay starting at $165.

I would like to discuss you recommendation in a new thread were it would be more appropriate than here. This would also assist new user in need of a new laptop make a more informed decisions.
Funkytownstopsix 7:33 PM - 3 September, 2013
:)
sketchyj 8:40 PM - 3 September, 2013
Quote:
Your previous comment didn't quite earn a response but this portion was interesting......

Quote:
A high end Intel processor isn't necessary, nor is a Mac. The 2.4 ghz Core2Duo Laptop I got has 4gb of RAM (upgradeable to 8gb just like a Mac), a 750gb 7200 rpm hard drive, 17" screen all for under $300. It's a Dell M6300 and they have suitable ones on ebay starting at $165.

I would like to discuss you recommendation in a new thread were it would be more appropriate than here. This would also assist new user in need of a new laptop make a more informed decisions.

Go get it tiger.
pdidy 9:50 PM - 3 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Go get it tiger.

serato.com
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:44 AM - 4 September, 2013
Great news!

Our good friends at iZotope have nailed a fix and we have tested it successfully here in the office. I am now going to give it to a small group of users from this and other threads to confirm it works for them and will then make it public so you can all get jamming on Serato DJ 1.3.

This fix will be available by this time tomorrow at the absolute latest, most likely sooner.

Thanks for your patience everyone :)
DJ EXODUZ 3:11 AM - 4 September, 2013
Woohoo! Can't wait
R_D_Cline 3:16 AM - 4 September, 2013
so does that mean DJ 1.3.1? or DJ 1.4? sounds like good news though.
pdidy 3:20 AM - 4 September, 2013
Congratz Serato/iZotope......good job in getting it done in short period of time. I must say im surprised !
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:51 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:

Good question.

The answer is no. This is a patch for AMD users - no more, no less. The version stands unamended.
DJ MATTY H 4:17 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:
Great news!

Our good friends at iZotope have nailed a fix and we have tested it successfully here in the office. I am now going to give it to a small group of users from this and other threads to confirm it works for them and will then make it public so you can all get jamming on Serato DJ 1.3.

This fix will be available by this time tomorrow at the absolute latest, most likely sooner.

Thanks for your patience everyone :)

Thank you sooo much I posted the problem in the forums when 1.3.0 came out and im glad you are helping us out :)

Much love from Cali

-DJ MATTY H
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:23 AM - 4 September, 2013
Cheers Matty!

Yeah, I think you were the first to get in there :) We're super pleased to be able to do this for you all between releases.
R_D_Cline 4:34 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Good question.

The answer is no. This is a patch for AMD users - no more, no less. The version stands unamended.

i am a AMD user... you said this will be available tomorrow?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:26 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:
i am a AMD user... you said this will be available tomorrow?

Yes, the patch for Serato DJ 1.3 will be available in the next 24 hours.
DJ EXODUZ 5:54 AM - 4 September, 2013
Thank you Aaron, thank you serato, thank you everyone that contributed positively and negatively to this problem. It all helped at last...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:05 AM - 4 September, 2013
Cheers EXODUZ :)
DjHabibi 8:21 AM - 4 September, 2013
Thank you, in time for my gig Thursday too!!
DjHabibi 8:22 AM - 4 September, 2013
Just wondering are you going to post here when released?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:05 AM - 4 September, 2013
Quote:
Just wondering are you going to post here when released?

Yes, I'll post in here when it's ready.
alx boss 2:09 PM - 4 September, 2013
thanks for so quick support
DJ Axon 4:44 PM - 4 September, 2013
Thank you Aaron to you and your team as well as izotope for the quick turnaround on a patch and especially making it seperate from an updated release. Could have just waited and released when the next update was coming. Thank you Serato. Very excited.
CJ SiN 4:44 PM - 4 September, 2013
Thank you Serato/iZotope for finding a fix!
zacbakeruk@gmail.com 5:14 PM - 4 September, 2013
Arrgggh damn update, Panic................I wasted ££££............FU Serato (Joke) Oh looky a patch within 3 days of go live!!!!!

All is well again! Panic over forum trolls!!!!!!!

Guess i'll go and have a mix for now with 1.2 and my AMD chips

Serato - iZotope <3
Mark Quest 7:43 PM - 4 September, 2013
thankyou Serato!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:13 PM - 4 September, 2013
Hi everyone

We have done some minimal testing and feel ready to share the patch with you all now.

I must make it VERY CLEAR that this is a patch for AMD windows machines that are experiencing the 'can't read djfx.dll' error message. If this patch fixes this issue for you, you may experience other issues that prevent you from using Serato DJ 1.3. In which case, you will need to open a new help request.

If this patch doesn't help you get Serato DJ 1.3 running, then you either had a different problem to begin with or you have another issue. In either case, please open a new help thread.

Go to this page for instructions on how to apply the fix: serato.com

Serato does not support the use of computers with AMD processors with any of our software. Thanks for your understanding.

Aaron
dj mgt 12:30 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thank serato and izotope
DjHabibi 12:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thank you for the fix!! Will have fun with this after work.
KontraDikshun 1:13 AM - 5 September, 2013
Good job Serato and Izotope...the fix works. I ran an hour long test running serato video, all fx and 4 channel mixing. No issues at all.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:16 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
I ran an hour long test running serato video, all fx and 4 channel mixing. No issues at all.

Awesome, thanks man. This is just the kind of thing I love to hear :)
Rah 1:32 AM - 5 September, 2013
Have to give props on the Nice Fix. works great. please look into not having this problem with the up coming updates of serato dj
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:36 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thanks man

Quote:
please look into not having this problem with the up coming updates of serato dj

This fix will be properly integrated into Serato DJ 1.5, coming in October!
R_D_Cline 2:11 AM - 5 September, 2013
the patch seems to work on my AMD machine. Thanks Serato and iZotope. Now to work on my intel machine...
Mark Quest 3:25 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thankyou again Serato! Patch works perfectly & the new effects are WICKED!
It's proof you ARE listening to your customers, as evidenced through both this patch & by also supporting paid-for FX packs, the latter being something I thought of as soon as Serato DJ's initial FX were found them to be 'wanting', for lack of a better word.

Now we have more FX than we can point a stick at PLUS the benefit of the up-coming Serato DJ 1.5 being able to control DVS/ CDJ's - making Serato DJ an all-encompassing software & not as disjointed as it has been.

It's good news for Serato & customers alike. As there will only be 1 program for everyone, and that should mean that resources currently deployed supporting other versions will be diverted back into SDJ.

Perhaps with "one software for all" (as Digital DJ Tips predicted Serato was moving to..) there will be more of an added sense of community around here..

Just one more big thanks to Serato for this patch, even though AMD's weren't officially invited to the party - it's extremely big of you as a company to let him/ us/ them stay & feel welcome!

Thankyou :) This is probably the most excited I've been for my DDJ-SX since first buying it
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:54 AM - 5 September, 2013
Haha, that's great Mark :)

Yeah, it's one of my hopes too that the community aspect of everyone running the same platform will only get stronger. I can't wait to have Vinyl, CDJ and controller DJs all talking about the same things!

Cheers
Clapperz 7:27 AM - 5 September, 2013
unfortunately i'm not having much success!

I have replaced the .dll files, and the original errors have gone. I now have a new error which seems to be asio based.

Pioneer_DDJ_SX_ASIO_wndProc: SeratoDJ.exe - Appliaction Error

The exception unknown software execption (0x40000015) occured in the application at location 0x6ea0d6fd.
pdidy 7:51 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
unfortunately i'm not having much success!

I have replaced the .dll files, and the original errors have gone. I now have a new error which seems to be asio based.

Pioneer_DDJ_SX_ASIO_wndProc: SeratoDJ.exe - Appliaction Error

The exception unknown software execption (0x40000015) occured in the application at location 0x6ea0d6fd.

Aaron E 6:13 PM - 4 September, 2013
Hi everyone

We have done some minimal testing and feel ready to share the patch with you all now.

I must make it VERY CLEAR that this is a patch for AMD windows machines that are experiencing the 'can't read djfx.dll' error message. If this patch fixes this issue for you, you may experience other issues that prevent you from using Serato DJ 1.3. In which case, you will need to open a new help request.

If this patch doesn't help you get Serato DJ 1.3 running, then you either had a different problem to begin with or you have another issue. In either case, please open a new help thread.

Go to this page for instructions on how to apply the fix: serato.com

Serato does not support the use of computers with AMD processors with any of our software. Thanks for your understanding.
Clapperz 8:19 AM - 5 September, 2013
Yes, thank you i read that. I am making my issue known. Thank you for yet another useless requote
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:24 AM - 5 September, 2013
Can you please open a new help request Clapperz.

Thanks
zacbakeruk@gmail.com 11:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thanks for the fix guys top job!!!!

If it don't work as described 1st time peeps delete all Serato files (Apart from original 1.2 DL file) from PC.

Install 1.2

Check for update & download 1.3 file DO NOT INSTALL!

Download patched files

Install 1.3

Close when you get fatal error message

Proceed as per Serato fix instructions

Voila!
alx boss 4:36 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
<font><font class="">
Спасибо за исправление парни высший пост!! </font><font class="">
Если он не работает, как описано первое время выглядывает удалить все файлы Serato (кроме оригинального файла DL 1.2) с ПК. </font><font class="">
Установите 1.2 </font><font class="">
Проверить обновления и скачать файл 1.3 НЕ установить! </font><font class="">
Скачать Пропатчены файлы </font><font class="">
Установите 1.3 </font><font class="">
Закрыть, когда вы получаете сообщение об ошибке роковой </font><font class="">
Действуйте в Serato исправление инструкции </font><font class="">
вуаля!
</font></font>
<font></font>
<font></font>
<font></font>
<font></font>
<font></font>
<font></font>
<font></font>
<font></font>

and yes it works
Proj 7:55 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Great news!

"I'm now going to give it to a small group of users from this and other threads to confirm it works for them and will then make it public so you can all get jamming on Serato DJ 1.3."/quote]

Pleease let me be one
R_D_Cline 8:19 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Great news!

"I'm now going to give it to a small group of users from this and other threads to confirm it works for them and will then make it public so you can all get jamming on Serato DJ 1.3."/quote]

Pleease let me be one

ProJ,
the patch is already available. if you are using an AMD processor there is a link in that discussion. i will try to find it and post it for you.
Marc G60T 8:37 PM - 5 September, 2013
DJ 1.3 now working here AMD Phenom II 940BE

Thank you Serato/Izotope
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:51 PM - 5 September, 2013
Great, thanks for the feedback everybody :)
R_D_Cline 9:52 PM - 5 September, 2013
ProJ,

i think this is the link:
serato.com
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:05 PM - 5 September, 2013
Here you go ProJ

serato.com
@djwiz_kid 6:12 PM - 7 September, 2013
This worked perfectly. Thanks to you all for the hard work to get this corrected Respect due!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 6:59 AM - 8 September, 2013
Cheers man, great to hear :)
lloyd g 7:34 PM - 8 September, 2013
is anyone else getting a runtime error? is replaced the 2 files as stated but now everytime I start my controller serato shows a runtime error and closes
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:44 PM - 8 September, 2013
Hey lloyd g

This is an unrelated issue I'm afraid which you will need to open a new help thread for.

Cheers
lloyd g 10:23 PM - 8 September, 2013
Hi Aaron E

I opened a new help thread yesterday but I haven't had any response
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:47 PM - 8 September, 2013
Yeah, we're pretty slammed just now. We work from the oldest to the newest on a first in, first served basis so it may take a couple of days to get to you at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers
7:04 AM, 23 Sep 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.