DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer DJM-T1 Mapping by gcastro723

gcastro723 9:14 PM - 19 July, 2013
Hello all, with the help of user Spinz4life and his MIDI output fix, I've decided to release My version of the DJM-T1 mapping.

Most of the controls are stock, mapped out to the controller as it was meant to.

Attached is the .zip file containing a graphic, a README file containing what functions are mapped to what buttons, and the .xml mapper.

place the DJM-T1.xml file in the MIDI folder of your _serato_ folder.
when the software is launched, go to setup, MIDI tab, and with "DJM-T1" highlighted on the left side, click "Load" on the bottom right hand corner.

Hope this helps,
gcastro723
9:14 PM, 19 Jul 2013
gcastro723 attached a file: DJM-T1 MAPPING AND README.zip
Download· Permalink
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:17 AM - 20 July, 2013
Hey bro I'll give it a try tomorrow but all this XML hacking is for the birds........ Why does it seem like Serato does everything half assed?? It's anybody testing this stuff before it gets sent out??
gcastro723 6:06 PM - 20 July, 2013
Quote:
Hey bro I'll give it a try tomorrow but all this XML hacking is for the birds........ Why does it seem like Serato does everything half assed?? It's anybody testing this stuff before it gets sent out??

Please do man and let me know what you think... as stated the functions are in that text file.

and yea man I get you, we shouldn't have to be creating our own workarounds.
Dokumentary 9:46 AM - 22 July, 2013
How is this going for you guys? I'm thinking about purchasing a DJM-T1 very soon.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:34 PM - 22 July, 2013
I love it, just sucks i have to carry around another Rane box but other then that it great. 3 layers of controls for mapping, 1 for serato, 1 for ME and a 3rd i have a few controls mapped out for resolume.
gcastro723 5:50 PM - 22 July, 2013
Same here, I love it. Its almost like this thing was meant for SSL. When I mapped it out I stuck to the stock functions printed on the mixer and it definitely beats having a seperate MIDI device in front of you.
Spinz4life 5:20 AM - 24 July, 2013
gcastro723,

Great work with the midi mapping. I started using your mapping instead of mine as it has a better layout. Good work bro!!!
gcastro723 7:39 PM - 24 July, 2013
Quote:
gcastro723,

Great work with the midi mapping. I started using your mapping instead of mine as it has a better layout. Good work bro!!!

Thanks for the kind words! Keep in mind you essentially had a part in the solving the MIDI output problem
DJRobKraze 4:02 PM - 25 July, 2013
gcastro723,
Thanks for posting. I just picked up the djm-T1 and will try this out.

Rob
naachomusic 6:19 PM - 25 July, 2013
thanks for the mapping i have the DJMT1 and i use this with traktor, you recommend use this with serato? can you upload a youtube video, only if you can, thank you very much :D
Dokumentary 12:38 AM - 26 July, 2013
Quote:
thanks for the mapping i have the DJMT1 and i use this with traktor, you recommend use this with serato? can you upload a youtube video, only if you can, thank you very much :D

+1 for a video. Just showing how the lights work and how you have it set up.

I'm very close to purchasing a DJM-T1 after narrowing down from NI Traktor Z2, Denon X-600 and the Pioneer. Even though these are all Traktor mixers, I plan to use the T1 with Serato Scratch Live and Mixemergency. (might give Traktor a try but my setup is SSL & ME no doubt)

Now that the lights are working with SSL, I can go back to using a scratch mixer. I am currently using an NS6 between my turntables. I would love to see how you guys are using this mixer with the lights working.
gcastro723 3:52 AM - 26 July, 2013
If thats what you guys want then ill have a video tutorial out tomorrow and how the MIDI "fix is applied" to this.
naachomusic 4:49 PM - 26 July, 2013
Quote:
If thats what you guys want then ill have a video tutorial out tomorrow and how the MIDI "fix is applied" to this.

Gracias por el video, estoy esperandolo!

Thanks for the video, ill be waiting :D
nikodb 6:57 PM - 26 July, 2013
Silly question...is a third-forth deck supported for sl3-4 owners?? On this t1 mapping?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:31 PM - 26 July, 2013
Where would you route the sound beings it only has 2 ins?? ^^
gcastro723 10:42 PM - 26 July, 2013
Quote:
Where would you route the sound beings it only has 2 ins?? ^^

Using the Extra out on the SL3 and the Aux-in on the mixer, homeboy can route it like that
gcastro723 11:00 PM - 26 July, 2013
MIDI Out fix video coming soon... this is the Video tutorial of the DJM-T1 mapping posted above.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Konix 11:12 PM - 26 July, 2013
Nice video, but just want to add where you said you can't get the cue point buttons to light up when there are cues already set. You can do this. Check my video here... Watchwww.youtube.com

And my thread on this mapping here explains how to map all this... serato.com
gcastro723 11:13 PM - 26 July, 2013
will watch right now Konix... thanks for the video and link

MIDI out xml fix.

Watchwww.youtube.com
gcastro723 11:45 PM - 26 July, 2013
Hey Konix I tried the Red Hammer command, no go on my mixer... The whole section no longer works.
Konix 12:02 AM - 27 July, 2013
You'll probably need to take out all your blocks of these commands...

<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="27" />

Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A0" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="91" />

<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="27" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="27" value="0" />
</Output>

Also don't forget to delete your Auto_Save.XML file as well.
gcastro723 12:09 AM - 27 July, 2013
Quote:
You'll probably need to take out all your blocks of these commands...

<Control name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="27" />

Control name="Delete Cue Point Button A0" channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="91" />

<Output name="Trigger Cue Point Button A0">
<On channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="27" value="127" />
<Off channel="1" event_type="Note On" control="27" value="0" />
</Output>

Also don't forget to delete your Auto_Save.XML file as well.

Sweet. Will try this in a bit. So delete those values and replace them with "Red Hammer"? Same control values as well, correct?
Konix 12:11 AM - 27 July, 2013
Yes and yes.
gcastro723 6:16 AM - 27 July, 2013
One more question Konix, is the command to delete "Red Hammer Delete" followed by the Cue point?
6:41 AM, 27 Jul 2013
gcastro723 attached a file: DJM-T1 MAPPING AND README JULY 27.zip
Download· Permalink
gcastro723 6:41 AM - 27 July, 2013
Guys an updated mapper has been released, and thanks to Konix, this mapper update supports MIDI Out Cue Points!
Phil3345 11:00 PM - 27 July, 2013
Thanks very much I just bought another djm t1 defo gonna keep them both now.Much better sound quality than my ddj sx
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:33 AM - 28 July, 2013
Nice frickin work you two!! That's all I wanted!! Thanks!
DJGator 10:53 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

Did you get make the video yet please send the link or email it terencebklyn@yahoo.com
DJGator 10:53 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Did you get make the video yet please send the link or email it terencebklyn@yahoo.com

Get to
gcastro723 11:52 PM - 28 July, 2013
Quote:

Did you get to make the video yet please send the link or email it terencebklyn@yahoo.com

yeah man I posted it on this thread...

Description
Watchwww.youtube.com

MIDI out xml fix
Watchwww.youtube.com

Also I posted up an updated mapper be sure to download it
DJGator 12:00 AM - 29 July, 2013
Love this mixer everything I need minus the bloated price tag
6:58 PM, 29 Jul 2013
DJGator attached a file: Reworked DjM t1 mapping.xml
Download· Permalink
DJGator 6:59 PM - 29 July, 2013
djgcastro try out my mapping for the djm t1 its your layout with some changes i stated before
DJGator 7:37 PM - 29 July, 2013
I setup my forth knobs on my fx to adjust the dry/wet of the effect in use.

in regards to the sampler I use 3 on each side.

the 4th buttons were used to change banks back in forth from A and B banks.

the loop knob when using shift button adjust samples volume.

I also use the sync buttons to open and close a crates.

the on buttons on each fx is used to turn on/off effects on each channel.

fx 1 and fx 2 buttons to skip back and forward between tracks on internal mode.

the active buttons all the way to the bottom activates censor/bleep for offensive language.

every oyher button and shift funtion does as said on mixer.
DJGator 7:39 PM - 29 July, 2013
Quote:
MIDI Out fix video coming soon... this is the Video tutorial of the DJM-T1 mapping posted above.

Watchwww.youtube.com

i used your mapping made some changes to button mappings but the lights on fx sections stay lit when off can you take a look at the mapping i posted the download
Spinz4life 10:52 PM - 29 July, 2013
gcastro723 and Konix,

Great work on the DJM-T1 updated mapping, works great.

DJGator,

I think you might have to open the XML file in a text editor and change any FX values from "note off to "note on" This should solve your problem if I am understanding your problem correctly.
DJGator 10:14 AM - 30 July, 2013
Quote:
gcastro723 and Konix,

Great work on the DJM-T1 updated mapping, works great.

DJGator,

I think you might have to open the XML file in a text editor and change any FX values from "note off to "note on" This should solve your problem if I am understanding your problem correctly.

i used texedit looks like it didnt save i have to use that program after all to edit the text and save it
Vj Jon Jon 12:09 AM - 31 July, 2013
DJGator I had the same problem. Go into your auto save.xml file and you should find the problem there.
gcastro723 12:19 AM - 31 July, 2013
Quote:
DJGator I had the same problem. Go into your auto save.xml file and you should find the problem there.

Move the AUTO_SAVE.xml to the desktop if you aren't comfortable about deleting it... otherwise delete it.
DJGator 12:58 AM - 31 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Move the AUTO_SAVE.xml to the desktop if you aren't comfortable about deleting it... otherwise delete it.

Thanks ill let you know
DJGator 3:49 AM - 31 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

still dont work i will repost my newer version of the mapping
3:49 AM, 31 Jul 2013
DJGator attached a file: new djm T1 mapping.xml
Download· Permalink
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:50 PM - 2 August, 2013
Nice work Castro, the only change I made was on the fx buttons. Fx 1 switches to Super Ultra knob mode (1fx knob) and fx 2 switches to Ultra knob mode (3 fx knobs). Now I can switch between a full filter and other effects.
gcastro723 9:55 PM - 2 August, 2013
Quote:
Nice work Castro, the only change I made was on the fx buttons. Fx 1 switches to Super Ultra knob mode (1fx knob) and fx 2 switches to Ultra knob mode (3 fx knobs). Now I can switch between a full filter and other effects.

Glad you liked it bro... now on to mission number 2... mapping the Mixdeck to SSL! lol
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:30 AM - 3 August, 2013
Hmm, don't think that's possible since you can't run timecodes with it in midi mode. But........if you do get it done let me know, lol!!
DJRobKraze 8:22 PM - 3 August, 2013
Thank you all for the work on the .xml for the DJM-T1. I just loaded it today and it works great! A very nice alternative and cheaper option than a Rane 62/68!!!
gcastro723 10:13 PM - 3 August, 2013
Quote:
Thank you all for the work on the .xml for the DJM-T1. I just loaded it today and it works great! A very nice alternative and cheaper option than a Rane 62/68!!!

Did you use the latest mapper? the one that lights up cue points when they are available? just checking.
DJRobKraze 10:32 PM - 3 August, 2013
gcastro723,
I loaded the mapper titled "new djm T1 mapping". The cue points did not light up. Is this the correct version ?

Rob
gcastro723 7:10 AM - 4 August, 2013
Quote:
gcastro723,
I loaded the mapper titled "new djm T1 mapping". The cue points did not light up. Is this the correct version ?

Rob

No dude thats not mine thats DJGators... Mine should be a few posts above his... About halfway through the thread.
DJRobKraze 2:23 PM - 4 August, 2013
Oh. Ok. I meant to grab your xml i will go back over the thread. I will try it out later today.
Dj Fitty 11:50 PM - 26 September, 2013
Quote:
Hello all, with the help of user Spinz4life and his MIDI output fix, I've decided to release My version of the DJM-T1 mapping.

Most of the controls are stock, mapped out to the controller as it was meant to.

Attached is the .zip file containing a graphic, a README file containing what functions are mapped to what buttons, and the .xml mapper.

place the DJM-T1.xml file in the MIDI folder of your _serato_ folder.
when the software is launched, go to setup, MIDI tab, and with "DJM-T1" highlighted on the left side, click "Load" on the bottom right hand corner.

Hope this helps,
gcastro723

Just got the djm-t1 yesterday and downloaded your mapping. Works great! Thanks
D. J. Shawn Quick 3:50 PM - 30 September, 2013
Quote:
Nice video, but just want to add where you said you can't get the cue point buttons to light up when there are cues already set. You can do this. Check my video here... Watchwww.youtube.com

And my thread on this mapping here explains how to map all this... serato.com

Thanks for the mapping dj castro now I can delete my cue points with shift I'v been trying to find a way to do this for over a year. but the loops are empty when I turn the knob & when I push the knob to select a loop nothing happens because the loops are empty (1, 4, 8, etc.) using the 1st mapping please help.

dj Konix I downloaded Textwrangler 4.5.3 osx changed outputs OFF to ON & 0 was set but the lights still don't work on my mixer. Did I miss something? Save after making changes in textwrangler? Update text wrangler? Please help.
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:45 PM - 30 September, 2013
I am using a Macbook, Pioneer Djm T1, & 2 Tech 1200 Turntables. I can't get the lights for the cue points, fx, and samples to light up on mixer. Please help. I did drop a mapping in my serato midi folder to make shift 1-5 delete my cue points but can't get the lights to work.
gcastro723 2:26 PM - 1 October, 2013
This is the second file, please use this one as everything is update including cue points

serato.com
D. J. Shawn Quick 4:22 AM - 2 October, 2013
Thanks dj castro the pioneer djm-t1 mapping and read me july 27-7 fixed the auto loop THANKS. But my cues still don't light up. I deleted the auto save xml file. Please help. I see that it reads cues light up but mine don't. Again I'm only using macbook pro 2.0 quad core, djm t1 & my 1200's. Please help the other instructions with textwrangler is too complicated for me, but I can do the download & drop the mapper in the serato-midi folder. Please help with & thanks in advance.
gcastro723 4:41 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Thanks dj castro the pioneer djm-t1 mapping and read me july 27-7 fixed the auto loop THANKS. But my cues still don't light up. I deleted the auto save xml file. Please help. I see that it reads cues light up but mine don't. Again I'm only using macbook pro 2.0 quad core, djm t1 & my 1200's. Please help the other instructions with textwrangler is too complicated for me, but I can do the download & drop the mapper in the serato-midi folder. Please help with & thanks in advance.

Hey Quick... try this... delete AUTO_SAVE.xml and put my mapping (you've already done this.) in SSL, go to setup, MIDI, and on the right you should see it says "DJM-T1" click load at the bottom right, should work
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:05 AM - 2 October, 2013
I did it again & deleted the auto save.xml all of your mappings are working except for the cues & Samples & effects lighting up.
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:17 AM - 2 October, 2013
Maybe this helps, I drop your mapping in Serato - Midi - in the screen next to the blue folder that reads xml but not inside of that folder. Also just as I drop your mapping in my midi folder I see textwrangler for a split second. Then I open SSL back up & go into midi & click on your mapping djm-t1 on the right & click load. All of your mappings work except for the cue's samples & efx on/off lights. Please help Shift Delete for my cue's was a big help & my Loop section works thanks but please help me get these lights working.
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:27 AM - 2 October, 2013
& my Pioneer Djm T1 firmware is updated to version 3 & my sl3 is updated to version 2.4.4 I'm all up to date. 3 days ago when I downloaded Textwrangler I tryed to do your fix with off's to on but I know I didn't do that part right. Please Help Dj Castro I'm almost there.
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:41 AM - 2 October, 2013
I'll check back tomorrow thanks for responding & posting the video's. Nice work.
gcastro723 4:09 AM - 3 October, 2013
Shawn, it could be that your SSL is not updated... SSL 2.5 is the one that supports MIDI out...
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:37 AM - 3 October, 2013
ok i'll check with rane lateer today.
D. J. Shawn Quick 6:28 AM - 3 October, 2013
Dj Castro you are the man. SSL 2.5 fixed the lights on my pioneer ddjm t1. They all now work. Thank you so much. 1 last question on the B side of my mixer while using the sampler buttons (orange) the active button stays lit. How do I turn off just that 1 light? (the other side is off)
gcastro723 3:09 PM - 3 October, 2013
Since there is only one sampler, the left side are the first 5 samples, and the right side 1-4 are banks A-D. The bank you're on stays highlighted. The bottom "active" button switches the sampler output to both channels for SL1, SL2 users.
D. J. Shawn Quick 5:57 PM - 3 October, 2013
Ok I'm using sl3 & midi assigned that active button to toggle between the sample banks. How do I turn off that 1 light?
D. J. Shawn Quick 7:19 PM - 3 October, 2013
I use 3 samples (1 to 3) per side.
D. J. Shawn Quick 11:19 PM - 3 October, 2013
I have my djm t1 mapped for me now thanks to you guys but I use Fx1 for selecting Super Knob & Fx2 for selecting the three Effects. But the lights stay lit on my mixer no matter which 1 I select. What do I turn off in the Xml file so 1 light goes Off when the other is On?
DJGator 5:24 AM - 6 October, 2013
Selling My Djm t1 any takers in the NYC
DJGator 5:24 AM - 6 October, 2013
$550
Dokumentary 5:28 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
$550

With case?
5:56 PM, 7 Oct 2013
DJGator attached a file: image.jpg
View· Permalink
DJGator 5:56 PM - 7 October, 2013
No case
Quote:
Quote:
$550

With case?
naachomusic 8:27 PM - 7 October, 2013
works with sl1?
DJGator 11:48 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
works with sl1?

Yes but makes no sense to use sl1 not supported with serato DJ I'm also selling my Rane SL2 for $320
DJGator 11:48 PM - 7 October, 2013
Together $800 if you buy both
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:51 AM - 8 October, 2013
Straight from Pioneer refurbished for 420, save yourself some money and get a warranty as well .........
DJGator 2:41 AM - 8 October, 2013
Good luck getting a refurb they don't even have them in stock. damn I didn't know this forum had c$@k blockers. SMH
Quote:
Straight from Pioneer refurbished for 420, save yourself some money and get a warranty as well .........
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:39 AM - 8 October, 2013
DJGator, advertising is not allowed on our forums. This includes buying and selling private DJ gear.
DJGator 9:22 PM - 8 October, 2013
Quote:
DJGator, advertising is not allowed on our forums. This includes buying and selling private DJ gear.

Sorry I wasn't aware
naachomusic 12:47 AM - 12 October, 2013
necesito ayuda! como cargo el preset no me da la opcion el serato!
gcastro723 7:47 PM - 12 October, 2013
Quote:

****Disculpe si no entiendes mi Español, hablo muy poco.****

para cargar el preset, hay una carpeta dentro de _Serato_ que se llama MIDI, igual para Mac y Windows. borra el que dice AUTO_SAVE.xml y Alli is donde pones el preset.

en SSL, haz click a setup, MIDI, y en la caja derecha va estar. solamente haz click a "load" abajo de esa caja, y es todo.
naachomusic 9:18 PM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

****Disculpe si no entiendes mi Español, hablo muy poco.****

para cargar el preset, hay una carpeta dentro de _Serato_ que se llama MIDI, igual para Mac y Windows. borra el que dice AUTO_SAVE.xml y Alli is donde pones el preset.

en SSL, haz click a setup, MIDI, y en la caja derecha va estar. solamente haz click a "load" abajo de esa caja, y es todo.

Excelente español todo muy claro! gracias!!
trayE 1:52 PM - 15 October, 2013
Both mappings are working. BUT, if I change any button and then save it, the next time when I start up SSL, the lights wont work. And If I try to open it, the XML file is missing a LOT of information.. What the hell ? Why is SSL deleting the rows for the midi output in the file ? And If I delete the AUTO_SAVE file, it appears again on the next startup..

Does this makes any sense to anyone ?

Thanks !
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:03 PM - 17 December, 2013
Castro, what up with a SDJ mapping?? Will the file we have now work??
gcastro723 6:51 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:

I tried it last night bro... Unresponsive. Looks like an Entire remap is needed, which is no biggie, just a minor inconvenience. Btw, no MIDI Out on the beta
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:49 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I tried it last night bro... Unresponsive. Looks like an Entire remap is needed, which is no biggie, just a minor inconvenience. Btw, no MIDI Out on the beta

Not what I was wanting to hear, lol!! Well I'll open up the XML and see what I can do as well.

Thanks for the response and time.
nikodb 2:25 AM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Beta??? talking about SDJ 1.6? If so link pls :)

Cheers
Nik
gcastro723 6:30 PM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:

Cheers
Nik

Beta is available at

serato.com
nikodb 7:05 PM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
Nik

Beta is available at

serato.com

Got it...tnx...

Cheers
Nik
trayE 2:09 AM - 9 January, 2014
Serato DJ 1.6 is not going to support midi out and the midi panel.

So to have full working DJM-T1 on SDJ we'll have to wait a couple of months I guess.. :/
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:21 AM - 10 January, 2014
Which blows!! I really hope it's not months.....
gcastro723 9:32 PM - 11 January, 2014
Tray is right... and its not as easy as using the SSL file I made for y'all. Sorry guys but rest assured as soon as it's out i'll update the mapper! Maybe new features as well!
DJ ZAE 12:15 AM - 15 January, 2014
i just tried this and it works great. great job
DJ Yaitanis 12:13 PM - 25 January, 2014
Hey Just Got a DMJ T1 (Great Deal Great Mixer) Is the above the latest and greatest? Using with MAC OSX 10.9 have Scratch, 1.5.2 and 1.6 (3x) beta with SL2... Also Running Vinyl (Stanton 150's) and CDJ 2000 Nexus. Any advice???

Peace out!

Phil
gcastro723 8:10 PM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey Just Got a DMJ T1 (Great Deal Great Mixer) Is the above the latest and greatest? Using with MAC OSX 10.9 have Scratch, 1.5.2 and 1.6 (3x) beta with SL2... Also Running Vinyl (Stanton 150's) and CDJ 2000 Nexus. Any advice???

Peace out!

Phil

The latest and greatest in somewhere in the middle of the forums lol... this is the current mapping I made, with proper MIDI out. Instructions are included in the zip

serato.com

When Serato DJ has MIDI out and proper MIDI mapping, I will update the mapper for the software, as i've been told its not compatible with the SSL map! Thanks for taking the time to look at my mapping! Happy Mixing!
DJ Yaitanis 1:33 AM - 4 February, 2014
Anyone check this for the 1.6 release?
DJ Yaitanis 2:08 AM - 4 February, 2014
I can't seem to get this working on 1.6 for the life of me. Works great on Scratch. Just Don't Know why I can get it working for DJ??? Any Ideas? Does DJ make a separate Folder?
trayE 2:57 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
I can't seem to get this working on 1.6 for the life of me. Works great on Scratch. Just Don't Know why I can get it working for DJ??? Any Ideas? Does DJ make a separate Folder?

You can't put a xml file from SSL in SDJ. And if you map it manually you will find the file in the "xml" folder inside the "Midi" folder. Also, you cannot map the loop, loop roll, scroll, left, right, instant doubles, basicly everything that is missing from the midi panel. Oh and midi out is unsupported also. :/

Better stick with SSL for now :-)
DJ Yaitanis 3:08 AM - 4 February, 2014
Chit
gcastro723 7:47 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Chit

That's what I said... don't worry, as I said before, I'll update the mapper as soon as we get our damn MIDI panel and MIDI out back.
DJ Yaitanis 8:07 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Chit

That's what I said... don't worry, as I said before, I'll update the mapper as soon as we get our damn MIDI panel and MIDI out back.

AOK Lets keep in touch for now its back to Scratch!
nachomusic 6:16 AM - 5 February, 2014
THE LIGHTS work with snow leopard?
DJ Yaitanis 6:46 AM - 5 February, 2014
Nope
Darxyde 11:43 PM - 5 February, 2014
I am so anxious for the mapping to SDJ. Been trying to find some way, Any way, to just replicate the mapping i have for ssl. I understand that SDJ reads and stores the info differently, but man was i ready to map it the night it came out.... So disappointed.
gcastro723 6:15 AM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
I am so anxious for the mapping to SDJ. Been trying to find some way, Any way, to just replicate the mapping i have for ssl. I understand that SDJ reads and stores the info differently, but man was i ready to map it the night it came out.... So disappointed.

As was I. so much is left out when mapping this controller that i flat out gave up the first night i had the beta. everytime a new beta came out i'd try and try hoping the MIDI panel would be there but no... so i guess we have to sit on the transition to SDJ :/
gcastro723 7:32 PM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
THE LIGHTS work with snow leopard?

If you mean Mac OS X 10.6 then according to the minimum specs, then yes, as long as you're using Serato Scratch Live 2.5

If you mean Serato DJ 1.6 then no they do not work on Serato DJ.
TeeDawg 3:40 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

As was I. so much is left out when mapping this controller that i flat out gave up the first night i had the beta. everytime a new beta came out i'd try and try hoping the MIDI panel would be there but no... so i guess we have to sit on the transition to SDJ :/

Hi guy, any luck mapping the DJM-T1 for the latest release of SDJ 1.6
nachomusic 5:08 PM - 28 March, 2014
nothing yet?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:07 PM - 7 April, 2014
This sucks!! My poor mixer just sitting here collecting dust........ Come already Serato, get it together and give us back the midi panel and midi out functions already.......

Your supposed to be the "industry standard", start acting like it already.
DJ Yaitanis 6:18 PM - 7 April, 2014
Guys I got lucky! I took my DJM T1 back where I got it Sam Ash because of this and They gave me full price trade in! I am now rocking a Serato DJM SRT!
gcastro723 1:27 PM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:
Guys I got lucky! I took my DJM T1 back where I got it Sam Ash because of this and They gave me full price trade in! I am now rocking a Serato DJM SRT!

Why would you do that lol... They already came out and said they are going to update the midi mapping and MIDI out should follow soon after!
DJ Yaitanis 1:34 PM - 11 April, 2014
The DJM T1 was designed for Trakor.

The MIDI Interface within Serato Scratch enabled Serato to Talk to the DJM T1 quite nicely, however since More and more development has been pushed to DJ as apposed to Scratch I seemed the natural way to go.

Serato is saying they are coming out with MIDI Mapping Soon and we all can't wait to see how nice it will be, compared to Traktor who offer extensive MIDI Mapping.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:29 PM - 28 May, 2014
Castro where you at, lol!! Hopefully they'll have that midi panel back soon, at least that's what the rumor is anyways, lmao!!
Darxyde 3:25 AM - 31 May, 2014
There is CD, Phono, and USB modes on the T1. It seems to only function for mapping the crossfader in Serato Video in USB mode. The other modes won't stay on, so I can't map them. I use the Denon SC3900's so to get sound, i have to be in CD mode(using hybrid mode on denons). is there a way to get channel 1 and 2 function working in these modes. Or is there an adjustment that can be made in USB mode that allows my sound to come thru?? Please help. On some videos, it seems all they had to do was push the buttons and it would activate, what am i missing?? Thanks in advance.
trayE 3:44 AM - 31 May, 2014
Quote:
There is CD, Phono, and USB modes on the T1. It seems to only function for mapping the crossfader in Serato Video in USB mode. The other modes won't stay on, so I can't map them. I use the Denon SC3900's so to get sound, i have to be in CD mode(using hybrid mode on denons). is there a way to get channel 1 and 2 function working in these modes. Or is there an adjustment that can be made in USB mode that allows my sound to come thru?? Please help. On some videos, it seems all they had to do was push the buttons and it would activate, what am i missing?? Thanks in advance.

Turn on the Ch1 and Ch2 buttons on the top left corner. Those are the midi on/off buttons for the ch1 and ch2 faders. Try doing that before you launch SSL. Also, be sure to have your newest drivers installed, and the latest firmware too. Hope that helps.
Darxyde 7:14 AM - 3 June, 2014
Turn on the Ch1 and Ch2 buttons on the top left corner. Those are the midi on/off buttons for the ch1 and ch2 faders. Try doing that before you launch SSL. Also, be sure to have your newest drivers installed, and the latest firmware too. Hope that helps.

The only mode where the lights don't just blink twice then go back off, is USB. Is there adjustments to the settings on the actual mixer? I found out how to "fix" the cut in on the crossfader. is it something similar to fix the midi on buttons in CD position?
Darxyde 8:00 AM - 3 June, 2014
In USB mode, the lights pop on, and won't turn off. just the opposite of the other modes. PLEASE HELP, I JUST GOT, AND REALLY LIKE THIS MIXER. I don't wanna have to buy something else, again. I got a rane 56s that's collecting dust with my vestax 07 pro. Considering just going after a controller. Damn this is frustrating.
Quote:

Darxyde 8:04 AM - 3 June, 2014
And TrayE....Thanks bro. Imma a noob to pioneer and could use any guidance available. Again, Thanks a bunch.
Darxyde 8:08 AM - 3 June, 2014
Last Thing, i did make sure all drivers, software and firmware are up to date. I am running MBP 2.4 quad core, on mavericks(which may be the problem) I have SSL, SDJ, and video.
trayE 11:15 AM - 3 June, 2014
You should be able to turn on the Ch1 and Ch2 buttons even if the mixer is not connected to a computer. Doesn't matter which mode the mixer is in.
Darxyde 6:17 AM - 5 June, 2014
i agree that in theory it should work. but it doesn't. I've never turned them on before, the mixer is brand new, so it shouldn't be broken. It's gotta be in the settings. AAArgggghhh!!
trayE 4:24 PM - 5 June, 2014
Everything else works in midi mode? All the buttons, knobs, etc? In the settings see what midi channel is your mixer in, the default being ch 1. But if the buttons are working, then I really have no idea why that's happening with the faders. May be a hardware issue :/ Try writing to Pioneer support.
djlowood 5:57 PM - 5 June, 2014
Hi guys.
First of all, sorry for my english, but I'm italian and italians are not so keen on foreign languages :D
By the way, I need some help. The mappings posted in this discussion don't work for me. I put them into /_Serato_/MIDI. When I open SSL, I load the mapping from the MIDI Panel but nothing happens. At first I thought that the mixer didn't send any MIDI signal but I tried to assign a function to a random button and it works. How can I solve this problem? I'm on a MBP Retina late 2013 with OS X 10.9 and an SL2.
Thank you
gcastro723 7:10 PM - 14 June, 2014
What's up y'all. Long time no talk. I have some good news... after months of being MIA I finally decided to try to at least lay the ground work on a mapper for SDJ. I can tell you all that aside from a few crucial MIDI maps needed, its pretty much done.

A few tidbits:
1. Obviously since SDJ doesn't have the MIDI panel or MIDI out, I wasn't able to tinker with those commands.
2. SDJ has actually made mapping the FX panel EASIER. I took advantage of this in my new map and well I had an extra button and knob to spare, so the map will be different.
3. Due to SDJ having a drop down control select (i.e. the little menu that lets you choose REL, ABS, THRU), it would be implied there would be an extra knob needed to control the menu. Well today I was tinkering with the mapping for REL mode (if you guys remember on my mapping the CUE button switches to REL), and found out that the command to switch to REL mode has actually been changed to a toggle. Therefore, in my new mapping, the CUE button now toggles between REL mode, and the currently selected control mode from the drop down menu.

A few more pieces to the puzzle, and i'll have a fully working DJM-T1 map for Serato DJ.

Thank you guys for all the support on my first mapping, and I am making it so that you will love my second mapping even more.

Happy DJing,
Gerardo "DJ Castro" Castro
Dj Luc-E 5:56 PM - 18 June, 2014
Hello Dj Castro,
a step by step explanation would be great.
I can't get it working with serato scratch live.. (2.5.0 on my Macbook Pro with my Djm-T1).
Because i don't now which settings I have to make for getting it running.

But if you are working on an mapping for Serato-Dj maybe you can mention my wish therefore..
bildz 8:00 PM - 22 July, 2014
DJ Castro,

Thanks for all your help in getting this mapping working properly in Serato DJ 1.6.x. Any chance you can make the working copy available? I would love to beta test/assist with getting any bugs worked out.

Thanks,

bildz
trayE 11:13 PM - 4 August, 2014
Finally! 1.7 Beta is out and the midi panel is in!

Everything works, except the scroll knob. I have tried every mode there is, can't get it to work properly.
gcastro723 11:53 PM - 4 August, 2014
Woo! now we just have to wait for SDJ 2.0 for Midi out :P hahaha. Banter aside, i'll check back here once I check out 1.7, and probably record a video of some of the changes in the mapper!
gcastro723 2:55 AM - 5 August, 2014
Video is up y'all, preview of my mapping!

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dokumentary 9:23 AM - 5 August, 2014
Quote:
Finally! 1.7 Beta is out and the midi panel is in!

Everything works, except the scroll knob. I have tried every mode there is, can't get it to work properly.

I can't get it to work properly on my mixer either. VCI-380 with DVS in "mixer" mode with turntables. Not the regular SDJ controller "PC" mode. I've tried all the MIDI options. Relative - signed bit works for scrolling down but turn the knob counter clockwise to scroll up and it jumps by several tracks at a time.

At least there's a MIDI editor for the DJM-T1 right? You can tell the mixer what type of MIDI directions to send to SDJ.
gcastro723 10:30 PM - 5 August, 2014
Quote:

At least there's a MIDI editor for the DJM-T1 right? You can tell the mixer what type of MIDI directions to send to SDJ.

Actually, there isn't. all it is is an audio config software... no MIDI reassignment at all.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:31 PM - 5 August, 2014
Left some comments on the video bro.
Dokumentary 5:14 AM - 6 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, there isn't. all it is is an audio config software... no MIDI reassignment at all.

That sucks. MIDI controllers that come with an editor seem to be much more capable that the ones that don't. I would use my APC-40 for everything if I could control how it sends MIDI.

You could always use MidiPipe to get the job done but that program is a mystery to me...
DJ ZAE 5:01 AM - 26 August, 2014
Can you map the sampler so it can do roll beat effect gcastro? I don't use the sample much and if I do its on the keyboard.
Sajlo 12:02 PM - 2 September, 2014
So whats up with this library scroll mapping ?

Tried to copy text from yours first file, and it sucks ;(

And maybe, sample sync when turntables are connected ?

:))))
nachomusic 2:36 AM - 5 September, 2014
no news??? the scroll knob works?
gcastro723 2:38 AM - 5 September, 2014
Quote:
no news??? the scroll knob works?

No it doesn't... i'm pissed bro.
DJ ZAE 3:13 AM - 12 September, 2014
wheres the midi file for the SDJ Mapping?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:44 PM - 18 September, 2014
Wow we just got straight shitted on here.........
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:48 PM - 21 October, 2014
Has this been fixed yet with 1.7.2??
DJ ZAE 7:21 PM - 21 October, 2014
I saw the new update. I wanna get into this
trayE 10:09 PM - 21 October, 2014
Yay midi out is finally out! :-) Everything works in the 1.7.2 beta except the Loop Size knobs. I made the autoloop to be on the Select button and then the numbers turn orange and I mapped the buttons 1-4 on the 2, 4, 8 and 16 loop sizes. The same on the other deck.

Just make a new template, don't use a previous one.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:59 PM - 21 October, 2014
Library scroll also works??
trayE 11:15 PM - 21 October, 2014
Yes it does. When mapping the scroll try changing the data with the C button, I have managed to get it to work on the relative -2s complement mode.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:20 PM - 21 October, 2014
Nice!! It wasn't working in 1.7 so this is great!! Thanks for the quick reply bro 👍
gcastro723 4:02 AM - 24 October, 2014
Gentlemen, it is time.

should be mapped out and released in the next hour.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:34 AM - 24 October, 2014
EXCELLENT!!
gcastro723 4:38 AM - 24 October, 2014
app.box.com

Well after about 32 minutes of testing, everything works flawlessly. Go ahead and view my previous video for the Serato DJ mapping to get up to snuff on all the changes. I did make some changes y'all requested, such as making the filter the very top knob under the fx section, and changing the beat knob to SHIFT+Top FX knob. SHIFT+Left Sync opens up Serato Flip, SHIFT+Right Sync opens the recording panel.

If you want to use this mapping, make sure you have at least Serato DJ 1.7.2 (obviously). Go into _Serato_, MIDI, xml, and drop it in. Open up SDJ, head to Setup, MIDI, locate the mapping, and hit load. Y'all should be good!

Feedback is appreciated,
Gerardo "DJ Castro" Castro
DJ ZAE 12:20 AM - 27 October, 2014
gcastro you the man. everything works good. for some reason my cue lights werent lighting up but i dont know what i did but its all good now. Thanks bro. TEAM T1
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:08 AM - 27 October, 2014
Same problem here, no CUE lights.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:21 AM - 27 October, 2014
Hmmm they are lighting up now sooooo on to the next question.

Id like to change the FX1/FX2 button to switch from signal FX (FX1) and when I hit FX2 it switches to mulit effects. Well I got that to work but now the lights don't work like they're supposed to........... Any help please??
DJ ZAE 2:51 AM - 27 October, 2014
the scroll doesnt work properly. and loops on the knob was working but then it stops. i cant think of anything else for now
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:09 AM - 27 October, 2014
Never mind my last post, I got it all working.

My scroll seems to be working as well as my loops. Can you describe in greater detail when you say "doesn't work properly"? Does it work at all, not working right, works sometimes??
DJ ZAE 3:20 AM - 27 October, 2014
when i start scrolling, it starts going down the list of songs without me touching it. the loops, idk even know whats up with it. it seems like it acts the same way like the library scroll. it goes all the way to the biggest loop. Another thing, it was happening on SL too but the #2 cue light on both side left and right start fading in and out. also the light meter for the master on the bottom 2 and 3 bar is also in and out. you have any ideas?
gcastro723 4:12 AM - 27 October, 2014
Yeah the issue I had with switching between Single/Multi is that it has to be 2 separately mapped buttons, sorry for that :( it sucks man. and It shouldn't be doing that ZAE, I changed both the scroll knob, and auto loop wheels to "relative-2s compliment"
gcastro723 4:13 AM - 27 October, 2014
It might be you just need to remap it. click MIDI on the top next to setup, click show midi panel, and the middle knob, near the arrow maps, hover over and keep pressing C until u see Relative-2s compliment.
DJ ZAE 4:19 AM - 27 October, 2014
what your guess on the light #2 cue light and master light meter flicking. its been doing that since SL.
gcastro723 4:22 AM - 27 October, 2014
Quote:
what your guess on the light #2 cue light and master light meter flicking. its been doing that since SL.

Probably a hardware issue bro, LED might be going out because mine doesn't do that.
DJ ZAE 3:01 AM - 28 October, 2014
All knobs and buttons seem to be working. Thanks castro. I saw the Texas plate. If your from texas, what part? Im live in Central Texas
gcastro723 3:09 AM - 28 October, 2014
Quote:
All knobs and buttons seem to be working. Thanks castro. I saw the Texas plate. If your from texas, what part? Im live in Central Texas

No problem just here to bring somewhat native support to those with the same mixer :)

Yeah i'm in the Great State, i'm down here in Houston
DJ ZAE 3:19 AM - 28 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

No problem just here to bring somewhat native support to those with the same mixer :)

Yeah i'm in the Great State, i'm down here in Houston

I'm from Alief
gcastro723 3:23 AM - 28 October, 2014
Nice bro, Yeah i've been here in the H all my live, can't really see myself moving away, unless its Austin or Corpus Christi
DJ ZAE 3:38 AM - 28 October, 2014
I've djed on 6th street in Austin and it's alot different lol. Every 30 minutes, it's a whole new crowd.
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:11 PM - 2 November, 2014
Great stuff guys! Thanks for being awesome. This is very cool work. Glad to hear the Beta is doing its thing and working.
Thanks for sharing your hard work :)

Regards

Matt P
trayE 11:01 PM - 2 November, 2014
Yeah, now we only need the DVS plugin to work with this mixer :-))) Just kidding! But it would be awesome.. :-)
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:15 PM - 2 November, 2014
trayE,

I'd start a feature request for that, and other mixers too. All pioneer mixers would benefit from being able to have the DVS expansion pack right?

serato.com

Matt P
trayE 11:55 PM - 2 November, 2014
Matt,

Well yes, the ones with a built in sound card. But this mixer is discontinued over a year now, so I don't think a request would do anything..
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:23 PM - 3 November, 2014
I for one would pay to be able to use this mixer with DVS plugin........
DJ ZAE 2:02 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
I for one would pay to be able to use this mixer with DVS plugin........

I would too
gcastro723 4:34 AM - 12 November, 2014
I would also lol.
D. J. Shawn Quick 2:48 AM - 5 January, 2015
Gcastro723 thanks for continuing to work on the Djm T1 mapping & posting videos very helpful! The last time I used mine was October 2013 then sold mine because every other time I would turn it on it would forget my mappings, maybe because I had multiple controllers & a 57.
D. J. Shawn Quick 2:57 AM - 5 January, 2015
Question do I need a mapping for the cue lights to work now? & with a Mac & SL2 does Serato DJ forget the mappings sometimes or was I doing something wrong? I'll be using a Djm t1 & Ddj sz same Mac OSX 10.9.5 both on Serato DJ? I'm thinking about using a Djm T1 again because I'm not feeling the Rane 62.
D. J. Shawn Quick 3:03 AM - 5 January, 2015
Thanks to everyone else to who helped work on the mappings too!
gcastro723 9:52 PM - 19 January, 2015
Quote:
Question do I need a mapping for the cue lights to work now? & with a Mac & SL2 does Serato DJ forget the mappings sometimes or was I doing something wrong? I'll be using a Djm t1 & Ddj sz same Mac OSX 10.9.5 both on Serato DJ? I'm thinking about using a Djm T1 again because I'm not feeling the Rane 62.

Sorry for commenting very late! To answer your question, No. Serato DJ SHOULD remember the mapping as long as the controller is plugged in. My most recent post with the xml file is for use ONLY with Serato DJ... the others are for Scratch Live. Make sure you place the xml file in the MIDI folder of _Serato_. After that go to settings > midi, and click load. Find the xml file and you should be good to go!
gcastro723 9:55 PM - 19 January, 2015
Also, to be clear, you cannot use the mapping for Scratch Live with SDJ. Download my new mapping (recent post)

serato.com
Momo217 6:11 AM - 22 January, 2015
I recently purchased this mixer. I am having so much trouble mapping it to ssl. I am still using SL1 and I can use it through the mixer but I cannot map a single thing to it. SSL seems to crash every time I even try to map the T1. The ch1 and ch2 lights won't stay on unless the inputs are on usb. I have no idea if it is a software or a hardware issue. The mixer didnot come with an install disk but I went to the pioneer website and downloaded the latest firmware and drivers. I am getting super frustrated. The mixer seems unbeleivable but I don't think it should be such a struggle. Please help.
gcastro723 3:35 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
I recently purchased this mixer. I am having so much trouble mapping it to ssl. I am still using SL1 and I can use it through the mixer but I cannot map a single thing to it. SSL seems to crash every time I even try to map the T1. The ch1 and ch2 lights won't stay on unless the inputs are on usb. I have no idea if it is a software or a hardware issue. The mixer didnot come with an install disk but I went to the pioneer website and downloaded the latest firmware and drivers. I am getting super frustrated. The mixer seems unbeleivable but I don't think it should be such a struggle. Please help.

Hey,

Download the LATEST Serato Scratch Live, and under the MIDI tab, and check the box that says "enable MIDI output lighting". Download the file on the next post I'm going to post, and load it up like I've instructed in the first post. Thanks.
gcastro723 3:38 PM - 22 January, 2015
serato.com

Download that file, and follow the instructions on how to load a midi preset. That way you don't have to completely map out the T1, and if you wanna change a few things the other buttons are mapped out for you.
Momo217 11:27 PM - 22 January, 2015
Quote:
serato.com

Download that file, and follow the instructions on how to load a midi preset. That way you don't have to completely map out the T1, and if you wanna change a few things the other buttons are mapped out for you.

I will try this but ever since I got the T1 ssl keeps crashing or moving at a snails pace. My pc is not the problem i have plenty of RAM (16gb). It super frustrating. I will try this though, thanks for the replies. Hopefully it works but if not I hope you stick around for the help? ;)
gcastro723 5:08 AM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

I will try this but ever since I got the T1 ssl keeps crashing or moving at a snails pace. My pc is not the problem i have plenty of RAM (16gb). It super frustrating. I will try this though, thanks for the replies. Hopefully it works but if not I hope you stick around for the help? ;)

I'm not sure of this, but There MAY be an update to the SL1 itself... check that! Of course i'll be here to help!
Momo217 6:27 AM - 27 January, 2015
I am still at a loss here. That download helped a little but SSL shuts down or freezes every time something is mapped. I tried doing an update, then I reinstalled the software. I was able to map a few tings but if I do manage to get it mapped the program freezes when I use the mapped feature. None of this started happening until I hooked up my DJM-T1. before this I had a 05pro, dicers and kontrol X1 working great. This is so wierd and really frustrating. I am almost at the point of changing to Traktor to be able to use this thing at it's full capacity. I love this mixer but aaaaaarrrrgh. Thanks for your help, gcastro723. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Momo217 6:41 AM - 29 January, 2015
I think I got it working but is there a way to make the serato effects be post fader?
D. J. Shawn Quick 10:00 PM - 1 February, 2015
No there isn't a way to do post fader effects with a Pioneer Djmt1. But the Traktor Kontrol Z2 does post fader effects & includes innofaders. By the way no problems with my Pioneer Djmt1 mixer & I came back to it from a Rane 62.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:25 AM - 4 February, 2015
The Z2 will do post fader fx's ONLY with Traktor same as the T1 but neither will with SDJ.
D. J. Shawn Quick 2:05 AM - 1 March, 2015
Thanks I never plugged my sl box up to my Z2 just keep it plugged into my T1.
spOOky 1:45 PM - 14 August, 2015
today i installed 1.7.7. and all midi-lightning gone :-(
what is it?

cheers
amplogik 9:46 AM - 21 August, 2015
I installed 1.7.7 and all my midi mappings stopped working completely. Not too impressed frankly. I spent ages hand coding an xml file to support my orbit and other devices.

Serato seem to be really slap dash about how they treat some things. xml being one of them.

*sigh*
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:19 PM - 21 August, 2015
amplogik,

Shouldn't have happened there. You have the same problem with 1.7.6?

Hit me with the ticket # you have with support. I may be able to lend a hand
amplogik 9:09 PM - 21 August, 2015
Thanks Matt!

I had the same problem with 1.7.6 too. Had to remap controllers all over again, which was a PITA. I blew away the old file without thinking because I was in a rush and had to get mappings in place and tested a few hours before a set, but I probably have one in my backups. Still having issues with midi lighting on a numark orbit, but that's not critical, I can use the orbit editor to fake it, and don't really use the orbit that much anyway.

I'll dig out the backups after the weekend and throw them, and the new functional mapping your way if I'm not too busy.

Seriously though, would it kill someone there to do an XML sort on nodes before writing the files, or maybe being consistent in meanings for element attributes. ;)

I dunno what library you guys use to create your XML doc, but it's got some issues. LOL

(Day job I run a small software company, so I understand that it can be a complex task).

BTW, also noticed today that the Numark supplied mappings for orbit don't seem to like to work with 1.7.7 on a PC / win 8, but again, no biggie. I'll investigate this later when I don't have a weekend busy with gigs and setups.
spOOky 3:25 PM - 22 August, 2015
iam not, 1.7.6 run perfectly
spOOky 3:26 PM - 22 August, 2015
[quotemy 1.7.6 setup run perfectly
spOOky 3:27 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
my 1.7.6 setup run perfectly
spOOky 2:03 AM - 27 August, 2015
matt, plz, i need my midi-lights back, everything works so fine with 1.7.6. ;(
spOOky 10:23 PM - 2 September, 2015
i just return to 1.7.6. and everything works fine :( what is it ?
amplogik 4:39 AM - 3 September, 2015
Yeah, I just did the same, and midi lighting on my numark orbit came back too. I had a custom script I hand coded for it, and it works fine under 1.7.6 but not under 1.7.7. I can't remap it either.

I think that the midi stuff is buggy under 1.7.7
amplogik 9:34 PM - 3 September, 2015
Hey guys, try 1.7.8 just came out. It's a bit early to be sure, but I think that some of the problems that I was having have vanished. I suspect that those of us having trouble might have loose USB connections on the computer, and there was a known issue with midi connection drops that seems to have been addressed in the latest release.
dj tres 12:32 AM - 8 September, 2015
is there a mapping link for serrate Dj? the new one
Dj Esquire NC 2:49 AM - 11 September, 2015
Hey guys, new here. Had my DJM t1 for about a year now, absolutely love it. Using SL2 box with SDJ and no issues at all, everything mapped perfectly.
One question tho, anyone found a way to map the faders to make effects (like echo) post fader? Everything is pre fader now and would be nice to have post fader.

Thanks in advance
dj tres 4:27 AM - 11 September, 2015
I'm having issues mapping the sets to video cross fader in cd mode. I need help to figure that out... If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please help here. Everything else maps out perfect until I do the cross fader for sets to video.. Help!!
dj tres 4:28 AM - 11 September, 2015
Serato video I mean
DJ Danny E 6:48 AM - 26 March, 2016
Great work on this mapping. Functions as it should, and the readme file is a lifesaver.
Official Laz 10:36 PM - 20 July, 2016
Greetings from July of 2016. Trying to get this to work with the latest 1.9.1 ... no dice. Says "MIDI xml is not valid". Any ideas? Thanks for this btw I love my mixer and did not want to have to get rid of it when switching over to Serato.
Official Laz 12:53 AM - 29 July, 2016
I guess this thread is a little old... :/
HalZero 11:28 PM - 22 November, 2016
Hi there folks , since that's the Top Thread for DJM-T1 Serato Mapping i'm dropping my one here :)

drive.google.com

Please note that while SHIFT is pressed some of the buttons are UNMAPPED or they have ALTERED MAPPINGS !

If you have any ideas for improvements please drop me a hint here and will try to make it work.

Mapping description from the top:

TOP CONTROLS:
Snap/Quantize - Unmapped, W/SHIFT - QUANTIZE
Load A/B/Duplicate - Load A/B, W/SHIFT - INSTANT DOUBLES A/B
Scroll - Playlist Scroll / Tree Scroll, W/SHIFT - unmapped
Scroll Press - Browse Mode, W/SHIFT - TAB FOCUS

Play/Pause - PLAY / PAUSE W/SHIFT - unmapped - i will remap those and replace file
CUE - SLIP MODE W/SHIFT - unamapped
FX1 / FX2 - Assign FX to Deck W/SHIFT - PITCH BEND
SYNC - SYNC W/SHIFT - UNMAPPED

FX CONTROLS:
ON - Multi FX MODE (light on) W/SHIFT - Single FX Mode
WET/DRY - FILTER
1,2,3 - TURN ON 1,2,3 W/SHIFT - unmapped
Rotary 1,2,3 - FX Parameter W/SHIFT - FX SELECT

CUE/TAP - unmapped W/SHIFT - TAP FX TEMPO

LOOP CONTROLS:

BE AWARE THAT THOSE CONTROLS CAN OPERATE IN 4 MODES !
GREEN / GREEN W SHIFT / ORANGE / ORANGE W SHIFT !!!!

I've decided to map AUTO LOOP to lowest green buttton and LOOP ROLL to encoder press since it's ergonomically better to press the encoder to enable roll and toggle the roll length.

IN GREEN MODE:
- 1-4 - CUE 1-4 / W/SHIFT - DELETE 1-4
- Loop Size - LOOP SIZE TOGGLE
- Press Loop Size - LOOP ROLL (you can hold it and twist the knob)
- Loop Size w/ Shift - LOOP SHIFT
- Loop Active - AUTOLOOP

Orange Mode:
- 1-4 - CUE 5-8, W/SHIFT - DELETE 5-8
- Loop Size - not mapped
- Press Loop Size - not mapped
- Loop Size w/ Shift - not mapped
- Loop Active - not mapped

NOTABLE DIFFERENCES:
- CUE -> SLIP - since there's no regular cue feature in Serato SLIP is a better feature.
- Effect Wet/Dry - FILTER - no doubts about that one i hope.

Enjoy using my map, have a nice day. And grab my mixtape :P
soundcloud.com
jancco 10:52 AM - 21 October, 2017
Quote:
Hey guys, new here. Had my DJM t1 for about a year now, absolutely love it. Using SL2 box with SDJ and no issues at all, everything mapped perfectly.
One question tho, anyone found a way to map the faders to make effects (like echo) post fader? Everything is pre fader now and would be nice to have post fader.

Thanks in advance

As Im aware...post fader effects are not possible, I dont remember why, but Ive done a lot of research and it cannot be done, since its a tractor mixer and you play serato, no hardware effector and so on...there are a lot of factors why it cant be postfader.
BUT you can cheat a little bit....when you want to echo out a song, dont go down with fader, just stop the CD/Turntable and it will echo out very similar to echo out effect
DJ L-MNTZ 4:04 PM - 29 December, 2017
I recently got my djm t-1 mixer back and was wondering if there has been any way to run serato or reformat it to be able to use it for serato other than using a serato box??? I originally got destroyed the fader. I really like this mixer and the innofader was not available, but it came back to me so I am looking to possibly experiment on this thing now.
DJ L-MNTZ 4:05 PM - 29 December, 2017
I recently got my djm t-1 mixer back and was wondering if there has been any way to run serato or reformat it to be able to use it for serato other than using a serato box??? I originally got destroyed the fader. I really like this mixer and the innofader was not available, but it came back to me so I am looking to possibly experiment on this thing now.
jancco 5:12 PM - 29 December, 2017
You mean to use the Pioneer like Rane mixer, plug usb from mix to pc, and use it without serato box ?
DJ L-MNTZ 5:20 PM - 29 December, 2017
I guess to be able use it without the serato box. I currently have a serato box and I plug it into this, but there has to be a way to bypass the box
DJ L-MNTZ 5:30 PM - 29 December, 2017
Yes to use the pointer like a rane feel green to email me at djlmntz@gmail.com
jancco 5:35 PM - 29 December, 2017
Well, in theory if you are able to swap the tractor build in soundcard for the one from the serato box and somehow enable midi function and every button it could work but that is high science and really high electrican skills
DJ L-MNTZ 5:40 PM - 29 December, 2017
I use to work on a design team for all the components buttons functions electrical funtions hydraulics air, water pressures and power for new cutting edge street sweepers and for miller electic welders, doing that part would not be to difficult I think that the problem at hand would be the code that is written in each program needs to be able to work together and identify when with program is working
DJ L-MNTZ 5:41 PM - 29 December, 2017
We tested prototypes and designed them then ran tests and trouble shooting
HalZero 5:47 PM - 29 December, 2017
Well. quickest route would be to spoof rane sound card using a driver.
But that's not exacly - legal :)
DJ L-MNTZ 5:54 PM - 29 December, 2017
im take a long hard look at this thing and see what I can do
jancco 8:58 PM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:
I use to work on a design team for all the components buttons functions electrical funtions hydraulics air, water pressures and power for new cutting edge street sweepers and for miller electic welders, doing that part would not be to difficult I think that the problem at hand would be the code that is written in each program needs to be able to work together and identify when with program is working

If you just put your sl box inside the mix, i dont think you have to code something, it will work just the same as if its outside the mix, you would just have 2 cables from your t1...one for serato sound card and second for the midi functions. The inputs and outputs for turntables/cdj on the serato card and mix are the same...so little bit of electrican work could do it...but its just too coplicated, rather switch to rane or pio s9
DJ L-MNTZ 9:18 PM - 29 December, 2017
I just have a bunch of equipment laying around and seeing if I can upgrade I was considering doing vestax 07 pro mod with serato I been thinking about
DJ L-MNTZ 10:02 PM - 29 December, 2017
I have a rane 62 already but I have all this other equipment that I don't use so I figured that I would just use that equipment to mod it
sanpavlo 10:31 AM - 28 March, 2020
Quote:
есть
Hi. something came out of this topic? did you manage to connect DJM-T1 to Serato? and there is a new Map?
Quote:
есть
Hi. something came out of this topic? did you manage to connect DJM-T1 to Serato? and there is a new Map?
Quote:
есть