Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

The program can't start because msvcr100.dll is missing

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ Terrence 2:44 AM - 16 July, 2013
Updated to 2.5 and am now unable to start Serato. See the subject error I am receiving.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 6:12 PM - 16 July, 2013
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package / runtime components for installing the MSVCR.dll manually

There is a 32 Bit installer and a 64 Bit installer;

32 Bit: www.microsoft.com

64 Bit: www.microsoft.com

Install it manually and it should then work.
DJ Terrence 7:30 PM - 16 July, 2013
It would make more sense to have the installer check whether this dependency is satisfied prior to installing. My system is 32-bit but I have read that others resolved the issue by installing the 64-bit version. Can you provide guidance which specific module is needed? I want to minimize the changes being made to my production platform.
Rane, Support
RafaelM 9:29 PM - 16 July, 2013
This is a work around that other Users have discovered. The issue is due to a missing Windows component that needs to be installed in order to run 2.5. Run this Windows Update at your own risk - you do not have to do this unless you want to run 2.5.

2.4.4 would wok perfectly fine if you wish not to do this.

If you have a 32-bit system, it would be wise to run the 32-bit installer.
JohnnyKey 4:31 PM - 18 July, 2013
I would recommend staying with 2.4.4 until this is solved.
DJMikeT 12:14 AM - 19 July, 2013
I had the exact same issue and was thinking WTF! I had to restore my system back a few days because I could not even uninstall the 2.5 version. I also noticed when trying to install the 2.5 version that the Rane 68 drivers failed to install as well. All that said my system restored back to a date when 2.4.4 was still installed and everything works fine again. I suppose I will just wait until the bugs are worked out. Glad I came across this post because I was thinking I had other issues keeping 2.5 from working.
DJMikeT 5:30 PM - 23 July, 2013
*UPDATE*

I was able to get 2.5 to run without issues after installing the 32bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package

Note, I tried the 64bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package first because my OS install is 64bit but Serato still would not launch.

However after running the 32bit version everything started working correctly.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Cheers
dj SoniQ 4:50 PM - 2 August, 2013
Pls note DJMikeT's Tip!
Works Great!
DJMikeT 3:26 AM - 5 August, 2013
Quote:
Pls note DJMikeT's Tip!
Works Great!

Glad I could be of help :)
1:57 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.