Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Rethink Serato for Linux?

Graft 2:04 PM - 15 July, 2013
Given recent events, perhaps it's time to start fiddling with a Linux version of Serato. There now seems to be compelling reasons (which goes beyond taste and budget) why people would want to move away from Windows or OS X.

Please see link: www.pcmag.com
s1ugh34d 4:28 PM - 14 January, 2015
I feel we need this to happen. It's 2015, people use linux, and my i7 Sable Touch is itching to play serato
Noisy1 2:30 PM - 16 June, 2020
I feel we need this to happen. It's 2020, people use linux, and my Pi 4 is itching to play serato
Dubbylabby 12:42 PM - 21 June, 2020
Just get mixxx.
sotosoul 11:23 AM - 13 August, 2020
Quote:
Just get mixxx.

No. Just, no.
Dubbylabby 9:32 PM - 13 August, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Just get mixxx.

No. Just, no.

Yes, it works already, yes.
sotosoul 8:27 AM - 14 August, 2020
Quote:

Actually I should have said that I have no experience with Mixxx on Linux. I have tried it on Windows and I didn't think it was refined and ready for professional use. Unfortunately I cannot say exactly what the problems where because I never documented them but I remember thinking "no thanks" the very first minutes after trying it.

Again, I spoke of Mixxx on Windows. My bad to generalize!
Dubbylabby 9:20 AM - 14 August, 2020
Quote:
Quote:

Actually I should have said that I have no experience with Mixxx on Linux. I have tried it on Windows and I didn't think it was refined and ready for professional use. Unfortunately I cannot say exactly what the problems where because I never documented them but I remember thinking "no thanks" the very first minutes after trying it.

Again, I spoke of Mixxx on Windows. My bad to generalize!

Well I suggested because it works on Pi4.
Watchwww.youtube.com

Serato probably has enough trouble with ARMification of macOS to consider do a fork just for Linux desktops. In the past I suggested to port the SSL code into standalone hardware (all the pieces of that puzzle are disseminated on the internet) but I don't think they never considered something in that line...

Another option recently I suggested to a NI developer could be ELK musicOS but again that isn't "linux" per se but Linux embed on hardware platform (which is the root idea for iOS in the form of Darwin Unix). Few links:

en.wikipedia.org(operating_system)

elk.audio
It supports hardware embedding including Raspberry Pi.
elk.audio

But I don't think Serato is interested on this neither. They are too x86 centric and ARM port will be the most possible route by far. If SDJ is coded in Juce then it could be a chance.

who knows?