Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato video stops working

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-ERGO
Host
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
EZE_DJ_PRO 10:02 PM - 29 June, 2013
Here a detailed video

Watchwww.youtube.com

Please help to find the best performance for my computer!!!

I did all the configuration steps for the video card as indicated in the page! But it is still the error
EZE_DJ_PRO 10:06 PM - 29 June, 2013
My set
Sony vaio Intel core I5 2.50 GHz Nvidia geforce 410 512 MB Memory Ram 4G
Serato, Support
Rui K 4:35 AM - 1 July, 2013
Hi EZE_DJ_PRO,

That's very odd issue. Let's follow this instructions and reset video setups first.

1) Close all programs.

2) Open the Start menu.

3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).

4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.

5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

6) Expand the Software folder

7) Expand the Serato folder

8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)

9) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video.

Let me know how it go.

Thanks
Rui
EZE_DJ_PRO 2:21 PM - 1 July, 2013
Good thanks i'll try and told them what happened!
EZE_DJ_PRO 7:04 PM - 1 July, 2013
Then to prove i still have the same problem! It is possible that you connect to renaming of remote to view the configuration settings in my notebook? Ej teamviewer!
Serato, Support
Rui K 12:31 AM - 2 July, 2013
How about try re-install Serato Video and see how it go?

Kind Regards
EZE_DJ_PRO 4:40 AM - 2 July, 2013
Reinstall the new Serato video and i am left with the same problem ... at a certain time Serato video stops working ... i see that the processor at the time of non-working Serato video returns to normal ...
EZE_DJ_PRO 10:00 PM - 2 July, 2013
Here I have details of the closure of Serato video

Descripción
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Serato\Serato Video\SeratoVideo.exe

Firma del problema
Nombre de evento de problema: APPCRASH
Nombre de la aplicación: SeratoVideo.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 505124af
Nombre del módulo con errores: QuickTimeMPEG4.qtx
Versión del módulo con errores: 7.74.80.86
Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 5180f330
Código de excepción: c0000005
Desplazamiento de excepción: 0000cfd0
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Id. de configuración regional: 11274
Información adicional 1: 0a9e
Información adicional 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Información adicional 3: 0a9e
Información adicional 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Información adicional sobre el problema
Id. de depósito: 3664872670
Serato, Support
Rui K 10:03 PM - 2 July, 2013
Hi there,

Details you sent us is not telling us any information and those are not english.

Could be a codec issue. Do you have QuickTime on your computer? Try reinstall QuickTime first. If you have DivX or any other codec software try uninstall them and only use QuickTime and see how it go.

Do you use any external harddisk drive with Video Serato?

Kind Regards
Rui
EZE_DJ_PRO 11:05 PM - 2 July, 2013
... Yes, i have installed the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer ... i have a partition of the hard disk on the one hand, the operating system and on the other hand the audio and video data ... restore the computer as wine factory and only you install QuickTime to run Serato ... to force are QuickTime playback codec i have to do what it says in the tutorial on page?
EZE_DJ_PRO 11:07 PM - 2 July, 2013
Sorry don't speak english ... i hope i understand!
Serato, Support
Rui K 11:19 PM - 2 July, 2013
Quote:
Sorry don't speak english ... i hope i understand!

Don't worry I will try to understand. :)

Quote:
i have a partition of the hard disk on the one hand, the operating system and on the other hand the audio and video data

Try one or two video files to same partiton as your Serato application and use those files to play and see how it go. We do not recommend having partiton on your HDD that causing some issues for other users.

Thank you
Rui
EZE_DJ_PRO 12:10 AM - 3 July, 2013
Well ... doing test ... thanks
EZE_DJ_PRO 12:19 AM - 3 July, 2013
Eh noticed that during the tests illuminates the cartel of CPU/USB dropout warning may have something to do with the crashes of Serato video?
12:55 AM, 3 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: para serato.jpg
View· Permalink
12:56 AM, 3 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: para serato 2.jpg
View· Permalink
EZE_DJ_PRO 1:02 AM - 3 July, 2013
Ah happened again:( this time to upload a mp3 Serato video crashed! Always happens in the load the hang up ... I would like to clarify that I am using banks of clip that are in the page to qui a couple of photos
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:13 AM - 3 July, 2013
Please close all of your application while using Serato DJ and Serato Video. I could see you have multiple applications are opened on background (A lot). Turn off Wi-fi, Close Chrome and close everything you can think of. I could imagine you will get USB drop out warning shows up in that computer condition.

I'd like to clarify what is your video file format? and would you be able to tell us how many files in your Serato library?

Thanks
EZE_DJ_PRO 2:41 AM - 3 July, 2013
Most of the videos I have in mp4 resolution of 320 x 240 ... did tests with resolution recommended by you and the problem continues persisting. I have 4323 files in the library. Not everyone in the same resolution. They vary from 720 x 480 to the above said
EZE_DJ_PRO 3:14 AM - 3 July, 2013
Only mp3 mixed with Serato video-enabled and the same hangs! Videos uploaded to the library media are in mp4 720 x 480, 28242 kbps 30 frames per second
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:35 AM - 3 July, 2013
How about secondly screen resolution? Try lower setting as well for less CPU usage.
EZE_DJ_PRO 12:53 PM - 3 July, 2013
The configuration I use in the primary is 1366 x 768 and in the secondary display 800 x 600, but i cannot lower it! It may be the Nvidia video card 410 512mb? The problem of cpu solved with what thou didst send me
EZE_DJ_PRO 1:10 PM - 3 July, 2013
Lamentablemente SL Video NUNCA ha trabajado bien con Windows y sin ofender ese SO es un verdadero dolor de cabeza con muchos procesos para tratar de lograr lo mismo que Apple logra en 3 o 4 procesos.
EZE_DJ_PRO 1:26 PM - 3 July, 2013
That message i found it on the forum
EZE_DJ_PRO 10:11 PM - 3 July, 2013
Hello ... another day of the test ... eh noticed that with the media folder enabled Serato video freezes ... then i did the following active a effect e.g. , analyzer in the two deck and turn off the media option for banks of clips and it turns out that Serato video is not hung up, as it did but if it was the dark screen in the background when you play a video ... now I am experimenting with a desktop pc ... and told them if there is the same problem ...
Serato, Support
Rui K 12:24 AM - 5 July, 2013
What's your video output option?

-Quality (try lower quality)
-Buffer Size (try lower)
EZE_DJ_PRO 1:14 PM - 5 July, 2013
Please, not wanting to be picky, but, for greater efficiency and not having to walk testing with certain difficulties caused by language. It could be a remote connection, and you would shape and saved directly mistakes. We wandered perhaps something that has simple solution. Please answer about this possibility. DJ EZE cordially
Serato, Support
Rui K 10:31 PM - 7 July, 2013
Hi there,

I totally forgot about you have dedicated graphic card. Please try this and see how it go.

serato.com

I understand your frustration but let's try fix this issue without remort control session. I have a two reason for this. One, we need to arrange the time to talk on the phone and communicating while "we" doing teamviewer session. Two, Your operation systems are probably not english. (Crash report you sent me were not english)

Please let me know how it go with graphics card setting.

Kind Regards
Rui
EZE_DJ_PRO 6:21 PM - 10 July, 2013
I did that test ... so if you do not see the same options as in the setup of my video card as shown in the image

and the problem continues ...
6:39 PM, 10 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: para serato.jpg
View· Permalink
6:40 PM, 10 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: para serato 2.jpg
View· Permalink
EZE_DJ_PRO 6:42 PM - 10 July, 2013
I have it set so, as I show in the pictures that they send ... regards
Serato, Support
Rui K 10:36 PM - 10 July, 2013
Cool,

What I want you to do next is read this article(serato.com) and try re-convert couple of your files you had issue with through Handbrake and see if those files are work on Serato Video.

This is the part of process to check out your video format is suitable for Serato Video.

Please let me know how it go.

Kind Regards
Rui
EZE_DJ_PRO 2:00 AM - 12 July, 2013
hello .... I did what you recommended I have converted with handbrake preset for PC and the problem continues ...
requirements will be that my nootebook not enough to make serato video work?
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:23 AM - 12 July, 2013
Next, try update your codecs via Ninite(ninite.com). Select CCCP and K Lite and get installer for install those codecs.

Kind Regards
Rui
EZE_DJ_PRO 3:10 AM - 12 July, 2013
Rui is that testing intel chipset has encountered this error in serato ...
Error #4: The Host ID of your computer doesn't match the license file.
I have to do?
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:24 AM - 12 July, 2013
Have you connected to internet?

Would you be able to attach a screen shot of error message and serato video setup preference window?

And also attach some video files you having issue with if you can.

Thanks
Rui
3:27 AM, 12 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: para serato 3.jpg
View· Permalink
EZE_DJ_PRO 3:41 AM - 12 July, 2013
I can not open the program x this error .... install an update intel chipset drivers and then I wanted to open serato and appeared this error as shown in the photo
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:46 AM - 12 July, 2013
Please check your internet connection and go "Manage Activations" and deactivate your license and attempt activation again. If these do not work, please let me know.
3:51 AM, 12 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: serato 3.jpg
View· Permalink
EZE_DJ_PRO 3:54 AM - 12 July, 2013
not let me manipulate the account to disable in DjEze - vaio
Serato, Support
Rui K 3:59 AM - 12 July, 2013
I've deactivate DJEze - vaio for you. Try activate it again. :)
EZE_DJ_PRO 4:09 AM - 12 July, 2013
good... thanks....
quickly upload all data you asked ... Photos and video file ...
4:27 AM, 12 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: Alexandra Stan - Mr Saxobeat (Official Video).mp4
Download· Permalink
EZE_DJ_PRO 4:31 AM - 12 July, 2013
I have all the videos in this format. It's got to be more stable. less frequent crashes
4:32 AM, 12 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: kidspats.mp4
Download· Permalink
EZE_DJ_PRO 4:32 AM - 12 July, 2013
In this format I have the clipbanks
4:34 AM, 12 Jul 2013
EZE_DJ_PRO attached a file: serato 4.jpg
View· Permalink
EZE_DJ_PRO 4:35 AM - 12 July, 2013
So I have set Serato Video, as shown in the photo
Serato, Support
Rui K 5:29 AM - 12 July, 2013
Thanks for your attachment files.

Your video files are seems to be healthy. Try with different computers if you have a chance. If problem follows on other computer that could be video problem.

Hows Serato Video going after all the setup change?
EZE_DJ_PRO 11:25 PM - 14 July, 2013
Hi Rui ... by the time the crashes seem to be solved :) touch all night Saturday and zero problems, the only thing I've noticed appears below the green one line video ....
that has some kind of solution? because they reproduce with windows media and pictures of video output does not leave that detail
Serato, Support
Rui K 11:40 PM - 14 July, 2013
I'm grad to hear it's getting better.

Green line might be go away once change your setting.

Try this...

Setup / Plugins / Video / Info - Color Handling and set it to RGB only.
EZE_DJ_PRO 12:40 AM - 15 July, 2013
that option is in your name it default ... what you want me to say is that the switch to RGB only?
Please pardon did not understand
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:20 AM - 15 July, 2013
Yes just change setting to RGB only or try different setups! :)
EZE_DJ_PRO 2:27 AM - 15 July, 2013
Rui ... which appears in the remote serato video demonstration ... very well ... :) ....
proves what you recommended ... regards
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:43 AM - 15 July, 2013
Cool, Thank you. Hopefully you can enjoy Serato Remote as well!