DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What makes YOU a good DJ?

Luis Eduardo 6:09 PM - 26 June, 2013
As we all know, the art of DJing comes with a wide range of Egos, shit talking, etc.

I am curious to know...what makes a good DJ?

The way I look at it...people always find a way to talk shit. The following are arguments that can be found on every DJ forum and my PERSONAL take on them:

1. "I've been doing this for 15+ years (20+, 25+, whatever)"

Good for you. Keep doing your thing. I'm sorry not all of us are 45 years old.

2. "Errmergerd he's using sync"

Yes, I agree...every DJ should know how to beat-match by ear. However, if the DJ has a good track selection, mixes in key, and has the crowd moving...who gives a shit...Sync away.

3. "These damn kids and their controllers, I only use vinyl"

False. You don't. You use your 1200's, dicers, and mixer as a Serato controller.

4. "I don't use Serato, I strictly use vinyl records."

Well that's cool. Let's keep in mind that this is 2013. Let's keep in mind that there are a LOT of good up-and-coming producers that do NOT have their music pressed and distributed. Let's keep in mind that there are a lot of unreleased tracks used by DJs that are only available in a digital format.

5. "My technique is flawless...I can scratch, juggle, etc"

Again, awesome..and I have mad respect for you because of that. However, these things are not necessary during a performance. I know plenty of REALLY good DJs that kill the vibe by constantly scratching and juggling. People are their to dance.

6. "I'll play all of your FAVORITE songs and REQUESTS

Believe it or not, it's shocking how many DJs use this as a form of advertisement and as a way of pulling a crowd. Unfortunately, if you're not taking risks...you're doing it wrong. If you are taking requests...you are a jukebox, not a DJ. If you are playing what everyone else is playing...you are not digging hard enough and you are lazy.

So now tell me...what makes you better than the rest?
phonze 6:25 PM - 26 June, 2013
I make good cake to throw into the crowd....okay no I can't even do that.
Luis Eduardo 6:36 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
I make good cake to throw into the crowd....okay no I can't even do that.

lol
jprime 6:37 PM - 26 June, 2013
Pretty subjective question these days. What makes a good song? Personal preference. What makes a good cake? Again preference. My dad likes key lime. I prefer chocolate.

Whatever floats your boat.
Luis Eduardo 6:39 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Pretty subjective question these days. What makes a good song? Personal preference. What makes a good cake? Again preference. My dad likes key lime. I prefer chocolate.

Pretty vague answer. What floats your boat?
Luis Eduardo 6:40 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Pretty vague answer. What floats your boat?

Also..personal preference is the focus of this thread
jprime 6:57 PM - 26 June, 2013
I like DJs that mix up their genres.

I like some scratching. No scratch == subpar DJ. At the right times of course, no overdoing it.

I like it when Djs mix a bit differently...cut shit in, epic slow long blends, and quick mixes all have their place. Dislike when DJs simply do vanilla a-b mixing all night.

I like it when DJs play with a track, loop shit up and get creative. On the fly remixing or mash it up live. Less pre-production, more doing it in front of me on stage.

I enjoy Djs that take chances.
Luis Eduardo 7:02 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
I like DJs that mix up their genres.

I like some scratching. No scratch == subpar DJ. At the right times of course, no overdoing it.

I like it when Djs mix a bit differently...cut shit in, epic slow long blends, and quick mixes all have their place. Dislike when DJs simply do vanilla a-b mixing all night.

I like it when DJs play with a track, loop shit up and get creative. On the fly remixing or mash it up live. Less pre-production, more doing it in front of me on stage.

I enjoy Djs that take chances.

I like this.
Luis Eduardo 7:03 PM - 26 June, 2013
Except for the no scratch=sub par DJ. There are some CRAZY good techno DJs that never scratch...I guess it all depends on the genre.
jprime 7:06 PM - 26 June, 2013
Yeah, I dislike most techno / house / electro, but I could see how fans of the genre wouldn't agree.

:)
 6 8:09 PM - 26 June, 2013
7. I create a thread on a DJ forum putting down other DJs' claims.

nm
Luis Eduardo 8:11 PM - 26 June, 2013
Not every DJ shares those claims.
Luis Eduardo 8:11 PM - 26 June, 2013
And..definitely not putting down...just giving my point of view.
DJMark 8:25 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
people always find a way to talk shit.

You sure did.
Luis Eduardo 8:26 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
people always find a way to talk shit.

You sure did.

Jeeze..you're all so sensitive.

How so?
DJ DisGrace 8:27 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:

Good for you.

Thanks! Nothing can replace or make-up for years of experience on the decks.
DJMark 8:28 PM - 26 June, 2013
Another day, another dumb new user.

*yawn*
Luis Eduardo 8:33 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Good for you.

Thanks! Nothing can replace or make-up for years of experience on the decks.

Absolutely! Honestly, I envy that kind of experience behind the decks.
Luis Eduardo 8:35 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Another day, another dumb new user.

*yawn*

LOL...dumb because I'm curious to know people's opinions?

I am not putting anyone down. I am simply giving my point of view on arguments that happen all over the internet. If you have a point, it's very valid and I respect it. However, respecting your point doesn't always mean I will agree with it...just like I don't expect anyone to agree with my views.

Come on man...can't we all be grown ups and have a friendly discussion?
 6 9:16 PM - 26 June, 2013
You make want to start all over again with your grown up thread then.

How about this:

Post a video or a mix of what makes YOU a good DJ.

Then, we will talk all grown up.
Luis Eduardo 9:41 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
You make want to start all over again with your grown up thread then.

How about this:

Post a video or a mix of what makes YOU a good DJ.

Then, we will talk all grown up.

Lol..easy there, tough guy.

Stop misinterpreting my intentions...I'm assuming you're one of those 40+ yr old DJs that talk a lot of shit, judging by your butt-hurtness. Did some of my comments hit home, bro?
 6 9:45 PM - 26 June, 2013
I'm actually 39, if you care to know what age I am. I'm assuming you're looking for a date. But, sadly for you, I'm not gay. So, you may think about looking elsewhere.

Now, I believe YOU are the one getting all bent out of shape because WE have in fact pointed how stupid your thread sounds. The most obvious one is this one.

You said,

"people always find a way to talk shit"

and DJMark said,

" You sure did. "

Now, the name of the thread is What makes YOU a good DJ? Well, I asked you to post a video or a mix of what makes YOU a good DJ and you basically backtracked.

So, here we are. Square One.

nm
Luis Eduardo 9:51 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
I'm actually 39, if you care to know what age I am. I'm assuming you're looking for a date. But, sadly for you, I'm not gay. So, you may think about looking elsewhere.

Now, I believe YOU are the one getting all bent out of shape because WE have in fact pointed how stupid your thread sounds. The most obvious one is this one.

You said,

"people always find a way to talk shit"

and DJMark said,

" You sure did. "

Now, the name of the thread is What makes YOU a good DJ? Well, I asked you to post a video or a mix of what makes YOU a good DJ and you basically backtracked.

So, here we are. Square One.

nm

Lol..a gay joke...you sure act 39.

The thread is not "hey, let's post videos and mixes to judge skill". I am simply asking people what makes them better than everyone else.

I have never stated that I am better than anyone, nor have I mentioned that my skill is superior to anyone else :) I would consider myself...average at the most. With that being said, I have mad respect for anyone and everyone with skill..you will never hear me bashing anyone due to their skill.

I don't agree with a LOT of arguments that are thrown all over the internet. Some of which I gave my point of view on. Again, judging from your butt-hurtness, these comments must have hit home to you and to the other butt-hurt you quoted.
stevie o 9:51 PM - 26 June, 2013
Lord have mercy
jprime 9:53 PM - 26 June, 2013
I'd like to add...

7. "I'm new at the game, super young and only been doing it a few years, but golly my electro-brohausync sound is fist-pumpin-FRESH! "
Luis Eduardo 9:54 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
I'd like to add...

7. "I'm new at the game, super young and only been doing it a few years, but golly my electro-brohausync sound is fist-pumpin-FRESH! "

lol
 6 9:55 PM - 26 June, 2013
Oh I see. So you want to talk about what makes US a good DJ but you cannot answer your own question? That's lovely.

If you're assuming I'm butt hurt by your posts, you better think again.

If you can't simply answer your own question, I don't know what that to tell you.

nm
DJMark 9:58 PM - 26 June, 2013
Fuck attention-whores.

"That's all, I'm done."
Luis Eduardo 9:59 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Oh I see. So you want to talk about what makes US a good DJ but you cannot answer your own question? That's lovely.

If you're assuming I'm butt hurt by your posts, you better think again.

If you can't simply answer your own question, I don't know what that to tell you.

nm

But I just said...I am not good...lol
Luis Eduardo 10:00 PM - 26 June, 2013
Lol...bunch of butt-hurt tough guys around here...jeezus.
 6 10:00 PM - 26 June, 2013
So, what's the purpose of this thread again?
Luis Eduardo 10:01 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
So, what's the purpose of this thread again?

I want to gain experience and knowledge from you old-skoolers. I wanted tough guys like you to come out and bash the new generation. I want to know what makes a good DJ GOOD, so I can work on those things and someday be like all of you.
Luis Eduardo 10:05 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Lord have mercy

said the VJ who plays "Jump Around" lol.
Mr. Goodkat 10:30 PM - 26 June, 2013
some of the reasons you have already dismissed before anyone could comment.

like what makes you a good basketball player

experience
you got bad knees

dunk skills
those arent necessary to score points.

im a great passer
but can you score in the post? if not who cares.

thats kind what it sounded like to actual djs
 6 10:54 PM - 26 June, 2013
Mr. Goodkat and I don't agree on many things... but yup. That sums it up quite nicely.

nm
Luis Eduardo 11:00 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:

experience
you got bad knees because of your age and experience. I appreciate everything you have done, but don't hate on people with good strong knees, simply because they are 20 years younger than you.

dunk skills
those arent necessary to score points. Do it once or twice, it looks great. Do it throughout the game...you look like a douche-bag.

im a great passer
but can you score in the post? if not who cares. <<< Completely irrelevant lol

Fixed it for you
Luis Eduardo 11:03 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Mr. Goodkat and I don't agree on many things... but yup. That sums it up quite nicely.

nm

Hey man, your ass is bleeding.
Mr. Goodkat 11:16 PM - 26 June, 2013
experience, you know what rocked crowds in the past, whats played out, what works from 10-20 years ago with new stuff, how to conduct yourself, how not to blow up soundsystems, etc.

you dont have to be 45, many djs even back in the days guys started from early teens to late teens, you could be 30 and have 10-12+ years of IN THE CLUB, PAID GIG, 2-5 hr set experience.

so when you said that initially you looked like a punk.

esp to people that have been djing for 20 years.

i could go on but
Luis Eduardo 11:23 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
experience, you know what rocked crowds in the past, whats played out, what works from 10-20 years ago with new stuff, how to conduct yourself, how not to blow up soundsystems, etc.

you dont have to be 45, many djs even back in the days guys started from early teens to late teens, you could be 30 and have 10-12+ years of IN THE CLUB, PAID GIG, 2-5 hr set experience.

i could go on but

You are absolutely right, and I apologize. It was meant towards the people that have been doing it for that long and automatically discard any credibility from someone who has been doing it 5-10yrs. For those old-skoolers that talk mad shit to DJs who are only 20-25 yrs old with above average skill. Old folks who talk shit about the new generation's musical taste and are completely close minded about some REALLY good stuff out there.

I guess I should have been a bit more detailed.
DJRemixEnt 11:40 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

i could go on but

You are absolutely right, and I apologize. It was meant towards the people that have been doing it for that long and automatically discard any credibility from someone who has been doing it 5-10yrs. For those old-skoolers that talk mad shit to DJs who are only 20-25 yrs old with above average skill. Old folks who talk shit about the new generation's musical taste and are completely close minded about some REALLY good stuff out there.

Can u show an example of this? Because most of the "shit talking/hating" ive seen/heard is true for the most part.

Its usually the butt-hurt divas who cant handle the truth and they tend to bitch and rant and start threads like these.

And by the way ive been djing since 2001(age 17)...and have gained a ton of knowledge from the guys who have 20+ years in the game. Instead of crying about what they had to say... i actually pulled up a chair, listened and took notes.
DJ Alkemy 11:41 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

experience
you got bad knees because of your age and experience. I appreciate everything you have done, but don't hate on people with good strong knees, simply because they are 20 years younger than you.

dunk skills
those arent necessary to score points. Do it once or twice, it looks great. Do it throughout the game...you look like a douche-bag.

im a great passer
but can you score in the post? if not who cares. <<< Completely irrelevant lol

Fixed it for you

Heh heh heh.

Thats was a good comeback.
 6 11:59 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Again, you seem adamant about trying to insult me.

If you can't handle constructive feedback over your over the line thread, then you shouldn't be here. Believe me, I can come down hard on you - but I choose not to. Perhaps is this old age that's telling me that it's better not to sink to your level.

I would suggest you do what others have suggested, take notes, and shut the fuck up.

nm
 6 12:26 AM - 27 June, 2013
What makes ME a good DJ?

1. Experience - Not measured in years but in the types of events and the amount of events I've done. I'm qualified to do radio mix shows, concerts, record release parties, weddings, quinceañeras, sweet sixteen parties and just about any type of private party you can throw at me. Any person in any profession can just sit back, relax, let the years go by and claim experience but it doesn't really work that way.

2. Dedication - It comes from my passion to the art of DJing. I don't take any gig lightly. I prepare for it because when I agree to something, I'm dedicated to it 100%.

3. Improvisation - I come prepared to every gig by figuring out what's necessary to get the job done. If I believe the in-house equipment isn't up to par, I will bring my own. If there's a problem, I know how to troubleshoot just about anything and I will make the gig happen. Again, this experience helps on this too but I will improvise if I need to.

4. Knowledge of music - You best bet that if I take a gig, I will know what to play. I can also read a crowd very good and I'm a freestyle DJ, so you will see me adapt to the situation as the minutes pass by. My knowledge of music is extensive - but I don't take anything for granted so....

5. I Know When To Say No - You best believe I won't take a gig if I don't feel can handle it for whatever reason. Perhaps the money isn't right. Or, maybe I'm just not the right DJ for the event. Knowing when to say no can save you from performing poorly and ruining your reputation.

6. I put up or shut up. I've been known to battle cats even though I'm not really a battle DJ. But, if you put my skills to the test, I will not back down even if I think I may lose. Why? Because it takes a good DJ to get in front of a stage and give it his best. You want to command respect and respect is earned.

7. I'm willing to teach the next generation of DJ's - Over the years, I've been known to teach what I preach. I've had several DJ's under my wing and I've taught them as much as I could - but I have always taken things seriously and I have expected them to do the same.

8. I shut up and take notes - No matter what, there will always be someone better than you. So, there are times when your best bet is to shut up and take notes. Yes. I can do that. ;)
stevie o 12:51 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Lord have mercy

?????
1) Was this directed at me?
2) what's wrong with djing with video?
3) what's wrong with playing jump around by house of pain?
Luis Eduardo 1:16 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i could go on but

Can u show an example of this? Because most of the "shit talking/hating" ive seen/heard is true for the most part.

Its usually the butt-hurt divas who cant handle the truth and they tend to bitch and rant and start threads like these.

And by the way ive been djing since 2001(age 17)...and have gained a ton of knowledge from the guys who have 20+ years in the game. Instead of crying about what they had to say... i actually pulled up a chair, listened and took notes.

AGAIN, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST PEOPLE WITH EXPERIENCE. I admire them and learn from them lol. BUT there are a LOT of old-skoolers who hate hate hate simply because one doesn't have as many years of experience as they do...if you deny this hate towards the younger generation, then you are obviously a fool and need to learn how to internet
Luis Eduardo 1:17 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nm

Again, you seem adamant about trying to insult me.

If you can't handle constructive feedback over your over the line thread, then you shouldn't be here. Believe me, I can come down hard on you - but I choose not to. Perhaps is this old age that's telling me that it's better not to sink to your level.

I would suggest you do what others have suggested, take notes, and shut the fuck up.

nm

lol..come at me bro.
Luis Eduardo 1:19 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
What makes ME a good DJ?

1. Experience - Not measured in years but in the types of events and the amount of events I've done. I'm qualified to do radio mix shows, concerts, record release parties, weddings, quinceañeras, sweet sixteen parties and just about any type of private party you can throw at me. Any person in any profession can just sit back, relax, let the years go by and claim experience but it doesn't really work that way.

2. Dedication - It comes from my passion to the art of DJing. I don't take any gig lightly. I prepare for it because when I agree to something, I'm dedicated to it 100%.

3. Improvisation - I come prepared to every gig by figuring out what's necessary to get the job done. If I believe the in-house equipment isn't up to par, I will bring my own. If there's a problem, I know how to troubleshoot just about anything and I will make the gig happen. Again, this experience helps on this too but I will improvise if I need to.

4. Knowledge of music - You best bet that if I take a gig, I will know what to play. I can also read a crowd very good and I'm a freestyle DJ, so you will see me adapt to the situation as the minutes pass by. My knowledge of music is extensive - but I don't take anything for granted so....

5. I Know When To Say No - You best believe I won't take a gig if I don't feel can handle it for whatever reason. Perhaps the money isn't right. Or, maybe I'm just not the right DJ for the event. Knowing when to say no can save you from performing poorly and ruining your reputation.

6. I put up or shut up. I've been known to battle cats even though I'm not really a battle DJ. But, if you put my skills to the test, I will not back down even if I think I may lose. Why? Because it takes a good DJ to get in front of a stage and give it his best. You want to command respect and respect is earned.

7. I'm willing to teach the next generation of DJ's - Over the years, I've been known to teach what I preach. I've had several DJ's under my wing and I've taught them as much as I could - but I have always taken things seriously and I have expected them to do the same.

8. I shut up and take notes - No matter what, there will always be someone better than you. So, there are times when your best bet is to shut up and take notes. Yes. I can do that. ;)

THIS, FUCKING THISSSSS

Now was that too hard?? All that butt bleeding for nothing. I like ALL of your points and agree with them 100%.

Big ups on #7...we need more old-skoolers with THAT mentality
Luis Eduardo 1:20 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lord have mercy

?????
1) Was this directed at me?
2) what's wrong with djing with video?
3) what's wrong with playing jump around by house of pain?

lol. Not even gonna get into this one.
 6 1:27 AM - 27 June, 2013
I don't understand your fascination with butt bleeding... and I don't. want. to. know.

lol

nm
Luis Eduardo 1:30 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
I don't understand your fascination with butt bleeding... and I don't. want. to. know.

lol

nm

literally lol'd.
DJRemixEnt 1:41 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
BUT there are a LOT of old-skoolers who hate hate hate simply because one doesn't have as many years of experience as they do...

LIke i said...
Quote:
Can u show an example of this?

The one thing about me.... if something is true, i cant/wont deny it...... Everytime i see someone bitching about how old timers are "hating".... its usually the case of the old timer teling the truth...
Luis Eduardo 1:43 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
BUT there are a LOT of old-skoolers who hate hate hate simply because one doesn't have as many years of experience as they do...

LIke i said...
Quote:
Can u show an example of this?

The one thing about me.... if something is true, i cant/wont deny it...... Everytime i see someone bitching about how old timers are "hating".... its usually the case of the old timer teling the truth...

I'm interested in hearing some examples
DJRemixEnt 1:48 AM - 27 June, 2013
U r the one claiming that older djs are hating on younger djs... so the burden of proof lies on you.

Show me an example of older djs hating on younger djs...
Luis Eduardo 1:49 AM - 27 June, 2013
Oh come on...that's easy...too many examples

I want to know of some of the hating that in your opinion, is true.
DJRemixEnt 1:50 AM - 27 June, 2013
Too many examples? Then it should be easy to show one.
DJRemixEnt 1:52 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:

MUst not be that easy cuz u r stallin
DJRemixEnt 1:52 AM - 27 June, 2013
If u r gonna talk shit...at least be able to show some evidence to back it up.

Nm
Luis Eduardo 1:54 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Lol..sorry some of us have a hot wife that needs attention too.

Go to Djs on blast..look up examples yourself. I've been arguing with you clowns since like 9am lol
DJ Alkemy 1:58 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
I've been arguing with you clowns since like 9am lol

Hot wife getting no action?
DJRemixEnt 2:40 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Go to Djs on blast..look up examples yourself. I've been arguing with you clowns since like 9am lol

^backfired thread hall of shame ----> /thread
Luis Eduardo 2:46 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Hot wife getting no action?

Lol..well, I do have a day job.
DJ DisGrace 2:46 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:

More like backfired account hall of shame. He's getting clowned in every thread
Luis Eduardo 2:46 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shiiiiiiit..I'll be back bright and early tomorrow :) No worries.
 6 2:54 AM - 27 June, 2013
Alright.. I wasn't going to say anything but now I must.

I asked for a mix or video and you didn't comply. Now, I don't care about that. Picture of said hot wife or it isn't true. hahaha

nm
DJRemixEnt 2:55 AM - 27 June, 2013
says this:
Quote:

and this:
Quote:

but yet continues and anticipates responding to us "clowns":
Quote:

smh... yeah i was right, you are one of the those divas who cries about older dj's "hating" on them. and this thread was a feeble attempt to do just that....
DJRemixEnt 2:56 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:

I asked for a mix or video and you didn't comply. Now, I don't care about that. Picture of said hot wife or it isn't true. hahaha

nm

i found her: www.bypassfanpages.com
djaction 4:47 AM - 27 June, 2013
Dash Lyfe 4:26 PM - 27 June, 2013
old or young, doesn't matter. what matters is who you leave with at the end of the night.
Luis Eduardo 4:49 PM - 27 June, 2013
I'm back you old fucks. Missed me?
Luis Eduardo 4:50 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
says this:
Quote:

and this:
Quote:

but yet continues and anticipates responding to us "clowns":
Quote:

smh... yeah i was right, you are one of the those divas who cries about older dj's "hating" on them. and this thread was a feeble attempt to do just that....

I don't get it.
 6 4:51 PM - 27 June, 2013
/thread
Luis Eduardo 4:51 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:

nm

huehuehuehue
Luis Eduardo 4:52 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
/thread

Man...I thought we were cool now.
XCAKID 6:02 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:

I get more ass than a toilet seat.
 6 6:05 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I get more disease than a toilet seat.

hahaha

nm
DJRemixEnt 6:05 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I get more ass than a shitty pair of underwear.

nm
Luis Eduardo 6:39 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure all that pop and "EDM" gets you mad booty. LOL

EDM...lol
Esco... 7:30 PM - 27 June, 2013
what's Lol, about EDM? Your thread has strayed from asking for tips on what makes a good dj to discussing bleeding ass holes and knocking the biggest music movement at the moment. I don't even see point of reading this anymore, aside from all the popcorn being provided, which I guess is enough.
Luis Eduardo 8:02 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
what's Lol, about EDM? Your thread has strayed from asking for tips on what makes a good dj to discussing bleeding ass holes and knocking the biggest music movement at the moment. I don't even see point of reading this anymore, aside from all the popcorn being provided, which I guess is enough.

"Biggest music movement at the moment".

LOL.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here...
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:13 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well acutually it does lol nm nh
Luis Eduardo 8:24 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well acutually it does lol nm nh

Pics of gtfo
Esco... 11:47 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

LOL.

Please then, tell me what is bigger than House,progressive,electro,trap etc at the moment? Certainly not hip hop, swing music, jazz, top 40? Maybe, but I don't think top 40 artists are having crowds of 80k at the moment, correct me if I'm wrong though. And funny you should ask Bezzle for pics when you were asked for pics of you "hot wife" and you completely ignored that.
DJMark 11:48 PM - 27 June, 2013
Seriously, stop feeding already.
Thundercat 11:53 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What's with all the new kids on the block coming straight out of pocket these days?

Either good troll is good or new dj is bad...not sure yet. IMMADBRO!
Chrisjin 12:20 AM - 28 June, 2013
What makes a good dj? How one stands out from the rest and having his/her own style. Unique, creativeness, stays on the grind, not afraid of stepping away from the norm......

This thread is dumb and was nothing more than a bait to get people to feed your delusion. Your first post screamed snob and elitist attitude. You yourself are probably a youngin that got clowned by some vets or djs that were more experienced than you.

After reading this thread from you and others, I can tell you A. you are a keyboard warrior that takes out his frustrations and shortcomings via internet and B. even though you didn't deserve it, others gave you some pointers and you had the nerve to come in and say " I'm back you old fucks. Missed me?"

This screams troll
DJMark 12:22 AM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
This thread is dumb and was nothing more than a bait to get people to feed your delusion. ...

This screams troll

That's why I said "Seriously, stop feeding already."
Luis Eduardo 8:42 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL.

Please then, tell me what is bigger than House,progressive,electro,trap etc at the moment? Certainly not hip hop, swing music, jazz, top 40? Maybe, but I don't think top 40 artists are having crowds of 80k at the moment, correct me if I'm wrong though. And funny you should ask Bezzle for pics when you were asked for pics of you "hot wife" and you completely ignored that.

LOL...TRAP..he said TRAP guys.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:44 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL.

Traps huge right now
Luis Eduardo 8:46 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL.

Traps huge right now

o rly?
Mr. Goodkat 9:46 PM - 28 June, 2013
just to feed the troll, what are you going with here. obviously you have things figured out, so point us in your direction.
Luis Eduardo 10:40 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
just to feed the troll, what are you going with here. obviously you have things figured out, so point us in your direction.

Skrillex, TARP, and dubstep bruh. Sync sync sync and jump around like cray. YOLO SWAG. #Mixtrack4life
Mr. Goodkat 10:55 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Skrillex, TARP, and dubstep bruh. Sync sync sync and jump around like cray. YOLO SWAG. #Mixtrack4life

making fun of dubstep and trap is like making fun of ed hardy and affliction, its been done and really isnt all that funny anymore.

now had you done that in 11, you would have been marginally funny.

anyway, lets guess what luis likes, cuz its gonna come down to tech house/minimal tech(which is what i would guess) or bass/club music. your too young in your thinking to like disco or classic house(or you used to like that when it was big in blog land) and you dont seem to be a hip hop type(you care too much about what you dont like and havent brought it up at all). I dont think club because it has too many pop influences and is kinda basic type music.

my outside shot is garage/bassline because disclosure is so hott right now.

so which is it?

- side note - you also hate the new duck sauce with a passion.
Luis Eduardo 11:21 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

making fun of dubstep and trap is like making fun of ed hardy and affliction, its been done and really isnt all that funny anymore.

now had you done that in 11, you would have been marginally funny.

anyway, lets guess what luis likes, cuz its gonna come down to tech house/minimal tech(which is what i would guess) or bass/club music. your too young in your thinking to like disco or classic house(or you used to like that when it was big in blog land) and you dont seem to be a hip hop type(you care too much about what you dont like and havent brought it up at all). I dont think club because it has too many pop influences and is kinda basic type music.

my outside shot is garage/bassline because disclosure is so hott right now.

so which is it?

- side note - you also hate the new duck sauce with a passion.

tl;dr
DJMark 11:40 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Luis Eduardo 11:41 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

huehuehuehue
DJMark 11:42 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Mr. Goodkat 11:43 PM - 28 June, 2013
my bad
Luis Eduardo 11:45 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
my bad

Mista BadPussy
DJMark 11:46 PM - 28 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
 6 12:11 AM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/quot
e]
 6 12:12 AM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
ly,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
y,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Serious
,stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Serious
stop feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Serious
top feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
op feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
Luis Eduardo 12:32 AM - 29 June, 2013
bump
Luis Eduardo 12:34 AM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Serious
p feeding already.
[/quot
e]
[/qu
ote]
[/
quote]

So serious question...how many weddings have you DJ'd in your lifetime?
DJMark 12:41 AM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
d:raf 2:31 AM - 29 June, 2013
DJ Alkemy 3:27 AM - 29 June, 2013
Jesus. The mods are slow on this. In Before The Muthaf***ing Lock already!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 1:55 PM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
Jesus. The mods are slow on this. In Before The Muthaf***ing Lock already!

I don't even know why they fed into this crap.
Luis Eduardo 8:56 PM - 29 June, 2013
So what type of music do you dudes play? I read through some playlists...lol. "The wobble"
Luis Eduardo 10:51 PM - 29 June, 2013
Quote:
So what type of music do you dudes play? I read through some playlists...lol. "The wobble"

bump
Quote:
Quote:

bump

bump
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

bump

bump

lol
herro
come on guise
just a serious question.
Luis Eduardo 10:52 PM - 29 June, 2013
being serial here....
nathans1 5:02 AM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
being serial here....

Corn Flakin bro!
Mr. Goodkat 6:08 AM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
its up to us new DJs to take change.

thats why we keep telling you hardwell and edm bros are garbage. we dont want to have to know we birthed some idiots.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:37 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
first off............. when I say old school... I mean OLD SCHOOL. like back to techniques and when CDJs didn't exist... hardwell and all those DJs aren't OLD... they are are new... I can say this... .DJ Snake is garbage... if Hardwell and all those Djs were so garbage, then why is Hardwell the #1 DJ of the world. and I dare you to say something.. cuz I can speak for more than a million ppl on why he is #1...

replygif.net
Mr. Goodkat 8:17 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
Hardwell the #1 DJ of the world. and I dare you to say something.. cuz I can speak for more than a million ppl on why he is #1...

because he has a great pr team around him that have handled other artists similar to him and have pr hook ups and pay to be on that list.

you realize #1 is an arbitrary number. its like being People magazines sexiest man alive. there is not metric for sexiness or best dj.
 6 8:28 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Hardwell the #1 DJ of the world. and I dare you to say something.. cuz I can speak for more than a million ppl on why he is #1...

because he has a great pr team around him that have handled other artists similar to him and have pr hook ups and pay to be on that list.

you realize #1 is an arbitrary number. its like being People magazines sexiest man alive. there is not metric for sexiness or best dj.

Well said.

I've been agreeing with you too much lately. lol

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:46 PM - 19 August, 2015
Quote:
first off............. when I say old school... I mean OLD SCHOOL. like back to techniques and when CDJs didn't exist... hardwell and all those DJs aren't OLD... they are are new... I can say this... .DJ Snake is garbage... if Hardwell and all those Djs were so garbage, then why is Hardwell the #1 DJ of the world. and I dare you to say something.. cuz I can speak for more than a million ppl on why he is #1...

Wasnt pauly d nominated on that list as well....
Mr. Goodkat 12:00 AM - 20 August, 2015
what does that really mean? does that mean he's popular or good?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:24 AM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:
to prove they get voted… you can even vote now on the DJ Magazine website… i'll give you this only from DJ snake… he has been making a LOT of tracks this year and last year with some big artists, so I'm sure he will get lucky with a position in the 40's.. i believe he is in the 60's or 70's in the DJ Mag (but only because ppl vote for him)..

You seem to be confused on the difference between a dj and a producer
DJMark 3:53 AM - 20 August, 2015
"DJ Magazine" polls...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and I thought this thread had gotten as dumb as possible over two years ago...
d:raf 6:04 AM - 20 August, 2015
I remember a time when I was almost this fanatical about Public Enemy & Masters At Work...

Those were good times.

</reminisce>
Laz219 7:15 AM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:
I remember a time when I was almost this fanatical about Public Enemy & Masters At Work...

Those were good times.

</reminisce>

This is pretty special, you'd swear it was Hardwells' mother getting offended because people are trying to bully her son.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:57 AM - 20 August, 2015
WTF is a Hardwell?
RonDu 2:00 PM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:
WTF is a Hardwell?

ouch. LMAO
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:35 PM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:
i know the difference between both actually!

Cool...so what qualities make hardwell the #1 dj?
djnak 5:21 PM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:
but i got DDJ-SR and i know how to mix..

Quote:
i personally play EDM….

RonDu 6:50 PM - 20 August, 2015
*pulling up chair and reclining back with legs crossed sipping on a lemon-lime Four Loko with sprite. Has a feeling ish is about to get interesting*
djnak 6:54 PM - 20 August, 2015
ok ok we get it...

Quote:
hardwell #1 DJ of the world
HighTopFade 7:29 PM - 20 August, 2015
I personally think DJs Mix Master Mike and Chris Karns are the best in the world. I have a hard time looking at Hardwell as a DJ. More like a pop synth artist. Which is not a bad thing. I'm sure his pay check looks pretty good.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:25 PM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:

hes tracks and albums are really good... i think in my opionion that "united we are" was a really good album. he did a track with Jason derulo, tiesto, amba sheperad, ect.

I refer you to my earlier post

Quote:
Quote:
to prove they get voted… you can even vote now on the DJ Magazine website… i'll give you this only from DJ snake… he has been making a LOT of tracks this year and last year with some big artists, so I'm sure he will get lucky with a position in the 40's.. i believe he is in the 60's or 70's in the DJ Mag (but only because ppl vote for him)..

You seem to be confused on the difference between a dj and a producer
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:27 PM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:

i think rap DJs or bedroom DJs too can be big if they really want it.

Gee, ya think? But the real question is how to get djmag to come to your bedroom to listen to a set
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:29 PM - 20 August, 2015
Quote:

and seeing his twitter comments, then yeah... hes pretty chill..

You know he has an intern running that twitter page right?

Quote:
for being the #1 DJ you would think he'd be someone who is stuck up and thinks hes better than all those other DJs but really.. he doesnt feel that, 

Ya, he knows its bullshit to
BlaxSociety 8:39 PM - 20 August, 2015
this post was stupid as fuck. why i replied because im also stupid as fuck :0 truth be toldith. now lets really ge down to the nitty. all you experienced dj's 20+ in or w.e the case may be. send some knowledge down my way. an dont hold this shit out. real rap. pm
Mr. Goodkat 11:45 PM - 20 August, 2015
not everyone wants to be a 'star'. dj'ing is not about being a 'star'.
Laz219 12:47 AM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I personally think DJs Mix Master Mike and Chris Karns are the best in the world. I have a hard time looking at Hardwell as a DJ. More like a pop synth artist. Which is not a bad thing. I'm sure his pay check looks pretty good.

well…… you look at the way he makes his mash ups, and then makes transitions… he has like.. 2 hr track lists of him playing his own mash ups…. like.. if you can listen to a song and find another song with vocals that can go with another song… yeah thats… incredible.. like… example…. he did a mash up with Ellie goulding- Outside…. and mashed that song in with his own song.. Spaceman- Hardwell…. so i think.. DJing.. in my opinion… you all might see it differently… but we ALL have our own style of how we all mix.. and DJ… a DJ is a person.. like i said.. who mixes, blends, bend songs to give music more life… and creativity.. so.. i think thats just Harwells style of DJing… he bends, mixes, and blends other songs together… same with rap…. (sorry to say, I'm not a big rap person, I'm more on the EDM mixing but) I'm sure you can get…. a song.. cut out the vocals from that song.. and use a different songs vocals to blend it a bit.. like right??? so its just other DJs style of how they DJ.. DJing (on top of bending and mixing)… is just to be creative.. I'm into DJing for the love of the music.. i like playing songs then blending them and using the filter here and there and using the pads on my SR… so its just creativity.. same with music production.. your being creative.. you customize your own style of beat, synth,.. what ev..

Can I ask how old you are?
Laz219 2:28 AM - 21 August, 2015
Because you come across like a 14 year old getting annoyed that people don't like the same things you do.
d:raf 4:03 AM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
and I'm 17. like no where near 14..

I was gonna guess between 16 and 19 given my own experiences with "hero w worship". Once you're older and 3 years doesn't constitute over 1/6th of your lifespan you won't think those ages are so far apart.

The age gap between me and my wife is bigger than that. lol.
nathans1 5:51 AM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
I'm 17. like no where near 14..
DJ Kid You are so funny. Your as close to being old enough to drink in a bar as you are to middle school. Nothing wrong with Hardwell. If you like Hardwell then good for you. I like to run long distance and listen to a lot of high energy "edm" while I run. Its fun. But don't allow your young age "immaturity" and ignorance to blind you. Hardwell is McDonalds. A lot of people love McDonalds, Millions and Millions served daily but that does not change the fact that McDonalds is shit. I love McDonalds but I completely understand, with my eyes wide open that it is shit. It wouldn't make a bit of difference if McDonalds were placed on a list of top 100 restaurants. I would know that it was and will always be shit (even though I really enjoy their Jalapeno double cheeseburger). Still shit. So the question you need to answer is would you like a milk shake and a side of fries with your Hardwell?
Laz219 6:05 AM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
I'm 17. like no where near 14..
DJ Kid You are so funny. Your as close to being old enough to drink in a bar as you are to middle school. Nothing wrong with Hardwell. If you like Hardwell then good for you. I like to run long distance and listen to a lot of high energy "edm" while I run. Its fun. But don't allow your young age "immaturity" and ignorance to blind you. Hardwell is McDonalds. A lot of people love McDonalds, Millions and Millions served daily but that does not change the fact that McDonalds is shit. I love McDonalds but I completely understand, with my eyes wide open that it is shit. It wouldn't make a bit of difference if McDonalds were placed on a list of top 100 restaurants. I would know that it was and will always be shit (even though I really enjoy their Jalapeno double cheeseburger). Still shit. So the question you need to answer is would you like a milk shake and a side of fries with your Hardwell?

Well played.
Taipanic 5:51 PM - 21 August, 2015
On certain nights I am quite possibly the best DJ in the world. Playing some little club/pub with crappy sound system and almost no lights. People just hanging out, not expecting much of anything. Songs range from bangers to obscure club classics, multiple Genres mixed seamlessly in an ever increasing energy level. Move to end of night, more people on dancefloor than standing around the club, energy through the roof, people having a great time. People walk out at closing time disappointed it all had to end so soon, still singing the last song I played. I crushed it, using experience, passion, technical & programming talent to make their lives better and memorable for a night. This is what you live for as a DJ, this is where the passion lies. No Tiesto, Hardwell, or any other EDM mega star playing festivals is at my level on those nights.
WileECoyote 6:07 PM - 21 August, 2015
I really watched around 5 to 10 minutes of that thing and didn't see him nudge or turn the jog wheel one time.

*shrug*
nathans1 6:13 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
i look up to all those DJs/producers who are like... in the top 10 EDM list

I know. I get it.
nathans1 6:19 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
its more an hr video.. and two... EDM Djs dont need to sratch... i dont even feel the need to scratch

I like...Don't feel the need to like...scratch either. Its totally not my thing.
WileECoyote 6:20 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
its more an hr video.. and two... EDM Djs dont need to sratch... i dont even feel the need to scratch
Even when you blend you have to nudge. I didn't see him touch the pitch sliders either. Just filter here. ..effect there. I did see him move the upfader though.

I scrolled through more of the video, and still nothing.
nathans1 6:26 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
i mean... it would be a COOL thing to know how to do.. like ive watched ppl do it.. but.. idk... its complictaed to do lol

It is complicated to get good at scratching. Takes years in fact. Luckily for you, I think Hardwell has developed a scratch knob/button. No actual scratching experience or skill needed. You just push or twist and you sound like you have been practicing in your bedroom for decades. But you don't have to use it if its not your thing but its cool that its like...there if you want to.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:38 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:

In other words you dont know how
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:42 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:

Quote:
i mean... it would be a COOL thing to know how to do.. like ive watched ppl do it.. but.. idk... its complictaed to do lol

lol, yup I nailed it!! Ive come to learn that when EDM djs say things like "i dont need to scratch" "edm djs dont scratch" or "my crowds dont want me to scratch" what they are really sayin is "its hard and I dont want to actually put effort into learning"

If serato or pioneer ever add an easy scratch button your going to see all of these edm "scratchings dead I dont need to cause noone likes it" turn into qbert wannabees overnight
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:44 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
i can mix and do do everything else.... the only thing is scratching

So the only part that takes practice and talent. ..gotcha
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:53 PM - 21 August, 2015
Quote:
i honestly dont think ALL DJs have to know how to scratch... i see why its useful for hip hop and rap... but with EDM DJs (Like me) i dont see the nessesary actions to know how... i looks fun.. but

watch some craze or shifty vids and get back to me on that
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:24 PM - 21 August, 2015
This thread delivers
Laz219 12:17 AM - 22 August, 2015
Can the 'EDM' fad just hurry up and die already.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:04 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:

Im more ready for this 50 bpm sleep mumble hiphop fad to be over with
nathans1 1:45 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
the EDM fad will never be over……. it will take a miracle for YOU…. for that to happen.. but WAYYYYYYYYYYY to many ppl like EDM…. I'm one of those ppl… so deal with it

Oooooohhhhh like....Burnnnnnnnn.
Laz219 2:01 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
the EDM fad will never be over……. it will take a miracle for YOU…. for that to happen.. but WAYYYYYYYYYYY to many ppl like EDM…. I'm one of those ppl… so deal with it

You could probably do to look at the history of popular music.
These things are almost always a cycle.

It will always be around, but at some point all the huge festivals and the "DJs" that play them (I use the term DJ loosely in this regard) will fade away.

Seriously. Buy the book 'last night a DJ saved my life'
DJ Reflex 5:44 AM - 22 August, 2015
DJ KidX - Your posts are extremely hard to read and comprehend. In your 17 years of schooling, have you ever heard of punctuation or capitalization? You're using the ellipsis (...) incorrectly. The "stream of consciousness" approach to your writing is not working very well. You may want to brush up on your grammar as well as your scratching.
eugguy 5:56 AM - 22 August, 2015
Secretly, a Serato employee is having fun aggravating forum users under the username "DJ Kidx".
Laz219 6:34 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
that would take forever for that to happen… i know that as a fact.. for the many listens from all over the world.. theres no way that EDM is gonna fade anytime soon… it can maybe fade in areas on the U.S but…. u gotta think bout the other 4.1 million listeners from netherlands, france, germany, U.S, ect…. EDM is a BIG genre in the world cuz its what everyone can relate to….. no other country can relate to….. what…. "fetty wap" dutch and france and other countries won't understand any of that type…. thats why EDM is so popular.. cuz everyone can understand it… and everyone gets the same feeling when they listen to it….. EDM has been around for a LONG time…… like… darude, deadmau5, tiesto, admin van burren…. and older trance, techno, house DJs that i don't even know… so I'm saying…. it won't fade away… cuz it will always be in clubs, movies, big festivals.. they would never shut down Tomorrowland…. way to many ppl….. i know for a fact that warp tour is loosing money…. but…. rock and that type of music is like… dinosaur music… its only rap, hip hop, and EDM…. thous genres are the biggest in my opinion that won't fade……. these three will only evolve into something better… more and more EDM producers will come up with new sounds and more exciting (EDM today is still really exciting) thus, it won't shut down….. rap…. i feel like they have lost it…. they lost the meaning of rap… i miss thous old school rap and hip hop songs.. the classics.. like… 2pac, that song "regulate".. the beastie boys…. all those… and now modern rap is just trash.. they ruined it… DJs today for EDM.. have made it evolve with new synths.. but haven't ruined it… i'd take Hardwell, matin garrix, tiesto.. over darude any day.. so I'm saying.. EDM in my opinion.. won't ever loose its fame…. and won't ever fade away….

There is so many things wrong with this that are clearly not even worth getting into.
Let me just give you a " told you so" you can save for a few years and remember when the time is right.
nathans1 7:22 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
I'm sure in those years, tomorrowland will still have their 4.1 million ppl going! and i also will go.. i'll send you a pic when I'm there!! like.. of the crowd ya know!!

Had enough. Done with you. You are clearly not a dj. don't know how to dj but your in love with the idea of becoming hardwick some day and making it on the zack efran top 10 fist pumping, jesus posing producers who mascaraed as djs list and when you do, you will be as irrelevant to djs then as Hardwick is to us now.
Laz219 7:53 AM - 22 August, 2015
Will just say this once more and I'm done.

Have a look into some basic history of music. And again, pick up the book I mentioned previously.
If you think the genre that is currently the hot thing right now (aka the marketing department of record labels is pushing it as hard as possible to the sheep) will never fade. You're just showing your age.
The music industry is predictable in the way it works, never underestimate the marketing department.

If you think EDM is immune. You're blind.
End of story.
Mr. Goodkat 8:02 AM - 22 August, 2015
yall are getting trolled so hard. jfc
Laz219 8:07 AM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:

Probably.
If that is the case though, it's sadly accurate of many people I've met.
eugguy 2:58 PM - 22 August, 2015
Either a troll or a sheep that is trying to become a herder.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:51 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Probably.
If that is the case though, it's sadly accurate of many people I've met.

This is the sad truth
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:51 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
lol.. TROLL!!!!! I've been trolling the whole time…. ha.. see ya guys around!
Do you even know what that means lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:29 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
lol yes.. it means to upset others online.. either through pics or… just by upsetting….. lol.. i like EDM… but… sometimes i like to see others ppl reaction if i was to give my own opinions.. cuz i know not very many ppl like it…. especially on serato forums.. i mean.. i know A LOT of ppl like EDM.. but i like to use my fav genre of music to troll ppl so…. haha….

....so these are your real opinions your using to troll?
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:38 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
lol yes.. it means to upset others online.. either through pics or… just by upsetting….. lol.. i like EDM… but… sometimes i like to see others ppl reaction if i was to give my own opinions.. cuz i know not very many ppl like it…. especially on serato forums.. i mean.. i know A LOT of ppl like EDM.. but i like to use my fav genre of music to troll ppl so…. haha….

Quote:
yes.. i don't like to keep going when ppl have already said EDM is stupid or.. when like 10 ppl start showing up.. but tis time… i just had to keep going JUST to troll ;)

You know its not trolling when your giving your real opinion and people laugh at you ...right? The goal in trolling is to make OTHER people look dumb, not be the but of the joke yourself
 6 7:06 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
yes.. i don't like to keep going when ppl have already said EDM is stupid or.. when like 10 ppl start showing up.. but tis time… i just had to keep going JUST to troll ;)

You know its not trolling when your giving your real opinion and people laugh at you ...right? The goal in trolling is to make OTHER people look dumb, not be the but of the joke yourself

Quote:
yeah i forgot that part but…. what ev.. next time!

Hahaha. What a dumbass.

nm
DJMark 10:41 PM - 22 August, 2015
Quote:

I have to admit, it's sometimes funny to read the writings of someone who displays absolutely zero perspective.
DJ Reflex 4:06 AM - 23 August, 2015
Well, that was fun. NEXT...
nathans1 2:37 AM - 24 August, 2015
Full of shit. Not a troll. He just doesn't have an argument.
nathans1 3:13 AM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
good luck in doing what u do!!! i'lll be here getting gigs…. oh wait.. i got one tonight at a high school party! wish me luck!!!

Take some cake. You will need it kid.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:12 AM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
this chat closed a long time ago bud! have fun talking to yourself!

i like that you said this then kept the conversation going lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:25 PM - 24 August, 2015
....your still talk talking
eugguy 8:04 PM - 24 August, 2015
And by cake you really mean penis. A "hard & well" penis.
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:52 PM - 24 August, 2015
Quote:
wow i didn't know you liked talking bout dick so much.. especially when u describe one.. like.. thats just to familiar!

Really?
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:12 AM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
i just really like pissing ppl off as u can tell!!

Honestly I couldn't tell, since you haven't pissed off a single person..in fact everyone you've come in contact with is laughing their ass off having a good time lol
Owl G 6:24 AM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Dj KidX is one of the best Dj's in the Inland Empire. His Mixes are fresh and he knows how to get the crowd pumped up.

Quote:
like my whole school knows about me.. they know who i am… they just don't know how to contact me

I can't stop laughing.
 6 6:30 AM - 25 August, 2015
Oh snap! lol
nathans1 6:44 AM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
and i need to get noticed .. like my whole school knows about me.. they know who i am… they just don't know how to contact me… any tips…

That's a very typical problem for DJ's. Finding a way to get contacted...Especially by people you see and spend time with regularly. Its daunting...Your def going to need to get super uber famous. Then they will know how.
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:22 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
and i need to get noticed .. like my whole school knows about me.. they know who i am… they just don't know how to contact me… any tips…

That's a very typical problem for DJ's. Finding a way to get contacted...Especially by people you see and spend time with regularly. Its daunting...Your def going to need to get super uber famous. Then they will know how.

Mabye hes a ghost!
nathans1 2:29 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mabye hes a ghost!

Nah, Ghost are scary not really fucking annoying...
 6 2:50 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mabye hes a ghost!

Nah, Ghost are scary not really fucking annoying...

Lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:55 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah I see what you mean, but I mean, im trying to get noticed by the school football team.

You should join the cheerleading squad. Football players love skirts!
PopRoXxX 5:05 PM - 25 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Im more ready for this 50 bpm sleep mumble hiphop fad to be over with

^^^^ THIS!! x1000! lol

And the cry-sounding rapping these "yung/young" guys are doing today. Sounding like somebody took their lollipop and they're "rapping" (or really talking) about it horribly.
Owl G 8:43 AM - 26 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dj KidX is one of the best Dj's in the Inland Empire. His Mixes are fresh and he knows how to get the crowd pumped up.

Quote:
like my whole school knows about me.. they know who i am… they just don't know how to contact me

I can't stop laughing.

lol that quote was made by the friend who was in the group... im sure I can come up with something better than that.. idk but... we'll see

Please indulge us. We'll help you out, promise.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:28 PM - 31 August, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Fun fact, Sfxe, the corporation responsible for this trend, filed bankruptcy last week. Stock isn't worth $1. Say buh bye to them.
 6 4:04 PM - 31 August, 2015
Knowing when to play "Shout". :-P

lol
djnak 1:29 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Knowing when to play "Shout". :-P

lol

bahahahahaha
Laz219 5:05 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fun fact, Sfxe, the corporation responsible for this trend, filed bankruptcy last week. Stock isn't worth $1. Say buh bye to them.

I hadn't seen this till now, interesting development.
d:raf 5:18 AM - 1 September, 2015
Chapter 7 or 11?
nathans1 7:04 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Chapter 7 or 11?

Doesn't really matter. There is enough of a market for someone else to come in and take over where Sfxe lelft off, if they actually go away. If they are just restructuring debt it might give them the ability to go on much longer. Either way DJ kid will have many more years of Hardwell making him hard.
 6 11:20 AM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Either way DJ kid will have many more years of Hardwell making him hard.

lmao
nathans1 3:04 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Chapter 7 or 11?

Doesn't really matter. There is enough of a market for someone else to come in and take over where Sfxe lelft off, if they actually go away. If they are just restructuring debt it might give them the ability to go on much longer. Either way DJ kid will have many more years of Hardwell making him hard.
\
what can I say, ppl who have an high amount of talent and dedication to get what they want especially going for #1 Dj of the world... hell yeah u better believe it.. there really is no use for giving me crap for my fandom in hardwell.. when really your not going anywhere with it. like im not offended. so if that's what your trying to do... ha.. enjoy your time cuz im always gonna be a Hardwell fan and hes always gonna be my inspiration to DJing and music production!

Im not trying to offend you. Your "fandom" for Hardwell is cute. You should write him an "Im your greatest fan letter". You never know what kind of doors that might open for you. He might even send you a poster that you can hang in your room. My son used to think that Clifford the Big Red Dog was the greatest thing ever. Watched every episode, wanted to meet Clifford. Nearly freaked the fuck out for Clifford on Ice. Its like that. Haardwell is your favorite Tele Tubbie and no one is going to change your mind. Cute....
How was school today? Was the food good in the cafeteria? Oh, it was Mac and Cheese day....yum. Finish your homework and then you can listen to your Hardwell. Some day your infatuation for Hardwell might seem silly...Oh wait, I almost forgot...Your a troll.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:06 PM - 1 September, 2015
*****sidenote****** Those cafeteria hamburgers were da bomb!

Please continue.
nathans1 3:09 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
*****sidenote****** Those cafeteria hamburgers were da bomb!

Please continue.

The ones with the green patties? Yup! Strange but so good.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:31 PM - 1 September, 2015
No, green patties mayne.....
 6 3:47 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Chapter 7 or 11?

\
what can I say, ppl who have an high amount of talent and dedication to get what they want especially going for #1 Dj of the world... hell yeah u better believe it.. there really is no use for giving me crap for my fandom in hardwell.. when really your not going anywhere with it. like im not offended. so if that's what your trying to do... ha.. enjoy your time cuz im always gonna be a Hardwell fan and hes always gonna be my inspiration to DJing and music production!

Im not trying to offend you. Your "fandom" for Hardwell is cute. You should write him an "Im your greatest fan letter". You never know what kind of doors that might open for you. He might even send you a poster that you can hang in your room. My son used to think that Clifford the Big Red Dog was the greatest thing ever. Watched every episode, wanted to meet Clifford. Nearly freaked the fuck out for Clifford on Ice. Its like that. Haardwell is your favorite Tele Tubbie and no one is going to change your mind. Cute....
How was school today? Was the food good in the cafeteria? Oh, it was Mac and Cheese day....yum. Finish your homework and then you can listen to your Hardwell. Some day your infatuation for Hardwell might seem silly...Oh wait, I almost forgot...Your a troll.

Lmao
nathans1 9:04 PM - 1 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Chapter 7 or 11?

\

say what you want!

I did.
d:raf 10:57 PM - 1 September, 2015
Good luck with that... there are dudes giving other dudes s#it about stuff that happened in 2009 on here.

The more you respond, the more it will continue.

Watchwww.youtube.com
nathans1 12:28 AM - 2 September, 2015
Quote:
cool!! this whole convo about me liking hardwell and being put down for it.. ended like.. a month ago.. so i don't see the point of keeping it going.. i mean.. don't YOU have more important things like.. life.. besides throwing crap at me for having hardwell being my #1.. i mean i guess i can see what your doing.. since u had that long talk with me of.. martin garrix and hardwell… yeah i took most of your advice not all… and then two…. also.. because you are older… maybe show some respect and not be so immature and just again, throw stuff out there like.. i mean…. we are all DJs or producers.. we all do the same thing and like the same thing.. and i though these serato forums were suppose to be for asking questions and then maybe some ACTUALLY good advice… i didn't think DJs and DJs can talk down to another.. thats really what i didn't come to DJ for.. so just… the next thought bout me, hardwell, or the music i listen to.. just keep it to yourself.. cause i thought this whole convo was over and we had settled it.. but then yet u had to go on a make a stupid remark.. but its all cool… i guess it shows what type of person you are!

I am just having a good time and you are definitely fodder for the fire. I don't think I have been disrespectful to you, sarcastic yes but isn't this exactly what you want if your a troll? Your supposed to be sitting back somewhere drinking Mai Tais with Hardwell having a good laugh at how you really got those djs in the Serato forum to go crazy over your post. Maybe you're not a troll then…I will give you one last piece of advice although I think this is probably dying down anyways, but if you stop commenting it will die sooner. See you tomorrow kidd!
djnak 4:25 AM - 5 September, 2015
just listen to this ...and then re-think those Hardwell choices....

soundcloud.com
nathans1 5:28 AM - 5 September, 2015
Your 15 seconds are up Kidd. Your getting boring now. Time for a new forum if you want to continue this thread...
blackavenger 6:31 AM - 5 September, 2015
Quote:
mmm sorry.. but nothing u can say or do.. i still think hardwell is the best

Man, that's the funniest shizz I think I have ever read.

Hardwell? Really?!?
PopRoXxX 8:31 AM - 5 September, 2015
I could keep this going. But I'd rather just say/drop this. At least listen to the first 5-10 minutes.

www.soundcloud.com
djnak 1:59 PM - 5 September, 2015
Quote:
I could keep this going. But I'd rather just say/drop this. At least listen to the first 5-10 minutes.

www.soundcloud.com

I tried this already...we pretend he listened.....
djnak 1:59 PM - 5 September, 2015
*he ....
blackavenger 3:54 PM - 5 September, 2015
Quote:
i think to be on the #1 spot you gotta KNOW music, you gotta know DJing and crowds…. i look at hardwell cuz he has had all that since he was not even a teen….. and u all diss his talent…. ok… so now.. i want you.. if not hardwell.. or martin garrix.. or EDM DJs… then who would you place???? I'm really curious!!

LMAO, Hardwell or Martin Garrix.....man, have you got a lot to learn.

Okay, since you don't care about turntablists or Hip-Hop in general, I will respond based on the type of music you do care about, EDM (or what I simply call Dance Music).

Hmm, great DJs who are also stellar producers?

Eats Everything
DJ Marky
Calyx & Teebee (separately and together)
Mala
Claude VonStroke
Bonobo
Marco Carola
Catz n' Dogz
Will Saul
Hot Since 82

....and that's just off the top of my head.
Explore deeper, KidX....there is a wide, wonderful world outside of mainstream EDM.
Laz219 5:08 PM - 5 September, 2015
The irony of making a comment about "you have to know music" ......
d:raf 9:45 PM - 5 September, 2015
If you think all of those dj's on that list are hip-hop, it probably means you only listened to the first one.
Laz219 10:13 PM - 5 September, 2015
....I fail to see why there even needs to be any kind of thing to "vote for best dj" at all.
If you haven't realised...nobody (and this includes a lot of people on the list) really takes it seriously.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:29 PM - 5 September, 2015
wow
eric5323 8:47 AM - 6 September, 2015
I am hired over others in my area strictly by word-of-mouth and have eclectic taste in music. I also show up early and have a professional, fun, no B.S. attitude and work ethic.

The end. ;)
dj_foo 10:47 AM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
thats why hardwell and EDM Artists jump and mostly hardwell pumping his arms in the air.. it hypes up the crowd.. he talks to the crowd for like countdowns to also hype them up.. !

No.

They do that because they are playing (mostly) a pre-recorded mix which is synced to effects, pyro, fireworks, lazers etc.

If they were actually "doing" half the stuff that you hear at EDC/Tommorrowland(world) or whatever your chosen festival is, then they wouldn't have time to stand on the DJ stand/throw cake/fist bump at the drop/make jesus pose/heart hands or whatever their signature move is.

If you don't believe that then you are rather deluded. Hardwell has made some good tracks (assuming he even made them and they aren't from a ghost producer - oh how slanderous!) - but with all the synced pyro shit going on ANYONE could stand there and press play and make it look like they are DJing. Big name DJ's have actually admitted to using pre-recorded "parts" of sets, personally I'd be very surprised if it wasnt all pre-recorded...
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:58 PM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i think to be on the #1 spot you gotta KNOW music, you gotta know DJing and crowds…. i look at hardwell cuz he has had all that since he was not even a teen….. and u all diss his talent…. ok… so now.. i want you.. if not hardwell.. or martin garrix.. or EDM DJs… then who would you place???? I'm really curious!!

LMAO, Hardwell or Martin Garrix.....man, have you got a lot to learn.

Okay, since you don't care about turntablists or Hip-Hop in general, I will respond based on the type of music you do care about, EDM (or what I simply call Dance Music).

Hmm, great DJs who are also stellar producers?

Eats Everything
DJ Marky
Calyx & Teebee (separately and together)
Mala
Claude VonStroke
Bonobo
Marco Carola
Catz n' Dogz
Will Saul
Hot Since 82

....and that's just off the top of my head.
Explore deeper, KidX....there is a wide, wonderful world outside of mainstream EDM.

ok, its not that i don't care.. i REALLY like old school hip hop and rap…. its fresh, it classic, it brings back those times during the summer chillin with your friends by the pool ok.. i just DONT like modern rap and hip hop… like fetty wat ever and all those….. ok… so now that u told me all that.. now i think we can close this conversation… i get you on this.. now that u tell me these…. ok…. so what if they had DJ Mag for rap producers… like.. ok… ppl can vote on the same way ppl vote for DJ Mag for EDM.. it be the same system.. but with rap producers…. so i see now… that i was saying that EDM DJs are best OVER ALL… but now that u tell me these.. and not to mention, rap producers… now we can get somewhere…… like.. I'm just saying.. i don't know if u understand what I'm trying to say.. i guess I'm saying…. there are DJs that are BOTH good.. like.. good talents! from different sides of music…… something like that

Once again you are confusing djs and producers
blackavenger 5:57 PM - 6 September, 2015
Wow, it is soooooo fun(ny) reading your responses. Best entertainment I've had all week.
Thank you, KidX.
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:31 PM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
i know hardwell is real.. like I've seen him have 4 CDJs, all on!

An impressive feat indeed
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:18 PM - 6 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Wow, it is soooooo fun(ny) reading your responses. Best entertainment I've had all week.

Thank you, KidX.

I'm here all week!!!!

Hey, hey HEY....

We enforce copyright rules here....
dj_foo 8:20 PM - 6 September, 2015
This kid is definitely a troll...
deezlee 3:01 AM - 7 September, 2015
I don't like EDM in general and I am mostly into real records and old school genres.

But I ride for DJ KidX!

They try to hate but he can't be stopped.
Owl G 3:58 AM - 7 September, 2015
Quote:
i think thats what made ppl realize him.. but i mean.. all DJs/producers do the same thing…

This is just good stuff.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:14 AM - 7 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
i think thats what made ppl realize him.. but i mean.. all DJs/producers do the same thing…

This is just good stuff.

It is....I mean really...lol.
blackavenger 6:24 AM - 8 September, 2015
Yeah, I have a tune that uses that sample too, only without the vomit inducing Dutch House....

youtu.be

As for tunes that describe how I feel about Dance Music......this about sums it up -

youtu.be

"It's sad... In the 20th century, in the 1990's we have to still go the same bullshit route that other artists have to go to get acceptance. If it wasn't for the independents, if it wasn't for the small little cities, and the few little ghetto guys trying to make music it would have never happened. Some of these guys will never make a dime. Some of these guys will be poor and die alone. But in the process, they've been the true renegades. And the true rebels always walk alone anyway."

-Derrick May
blackavenger 7:14 AM - 8 September, 2015
Quote:
actually i didn't bother looking them up.. i just assumed… BUT… i just listened to all of them now and now i see that they are all dance artists….… what i listened to.. was peaceful, calm, like.. almost relaxing!!

LOL, then you clearly didn't listen to most of the artists I listed for you.

Do these sound "relaxing", lololol?

Eats Everything - youtu.be
Dj Marky - Watchwww.youtube.com
Calyx & Teebee - Watchwww.youtube.com
Mala - Watchwww.youtube.com (bad audio, but it's hype!)
Claude VonStroke - youtu.be
Marco Carola - youtu.be
Catz n Dogz - youtu.be
blackavenger 8:43 PM - 8 September, 2015
Damn, son.....is that how you research all new artists?!? Pfft!
iTunes, really?!?

I have to know......how old are you?
nathans1 9:43 PM - 8 September, 2015
Quote:
Damn, son.....is that how you research all new artists?!? Pfft!
iTunes, really?!?

I have to know......how old are you?

17! Been discussed...Its apparent right?
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:23 PM - 8 September, 2015
Quote:
now.. my city isn't mexican.. maybe some.. but my city is horse town.. so mostly country music…

......where are you from?
 6 11:48 PM - 8 September, 2015
Well, a city can't be Mexican (in the USA). People can be Mexicans though lol

nm
nathans1 1:15 AM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
yeah.. so this DJ is coming tomorrow so imma have to watch him.. i don't see why they don't just have me go up? idk.. i mean I'm always up for new talent… everyone knows who i am so.. but if its gonna be another one of those.. try hards who.. mix random songs at horrible times.. imma just stop watching and every other DJ that comes imma be like "sorry sir, imma have to hear your mix tape and see if your capable for this type of stuff, i just don't want u to make yourself look bad"… see.. I'm nice lol!!!

Kinda strange they keep on bringing in out side djs when they have you right there huh...perplexing. Seems like you have the dj thing down pretty well. Maybe its time to focus on school. Start with English class...
nathans1 1:55 AM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
thank you i appreciate the compliment! yeah i mean I'm good with writing essays and all but when it comes to like just texting or what not, i just use slang words or i won't even focus on punctuation.. yes its important and professional but i save that for important times.. like.. essays, letters, ect. you know what i mean. i mean i can do that on here if u all want if it will make u all feel better!!

Its difficult to read.
d:raf 2:05 AM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Its difficult to read.

*It's

:D
eugguy 2:35 AM - 9 September, 2015
Someone light a match and burn this thread down.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:16 AM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
thank you i appreciate the compliment!

This is gold....PURE Gold...
nathans1 3:30 AM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Its difficult to read.

*It's

:D

That's funny. Im sure you understood the word its fairly easily. Read any of Kids responses and it will become quickly apparent that you drop IQ as you read. That was funny however.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:58 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
yeah.. so this DJ is coming tomorrow so imma have to watch him.. i don't see why they don't just have me go up? idk.. i mean I'm always up for new talent… everyone knows who i am so.. but if its gonna be another one of those.. try hards who.. mix random songs at horrible times.. imma just stop watching and every other DJ that comes imma be like "sorry sir, imma have to hear your mix tape and see if your capable for this type of stuff, i just don't want u to make yourself look bad"… see.. I'm nice lol!!!

You have a bright future as the unemployed dj standing in the corner of the club bitching about the dj playing. Most people dont start that path till college but you seem to be a natural at it.
nathans1 7:42 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
hey i like a good DJ who knows what hes doing... i mean... i didnt start playing at my school till i KNEW i was ready and knew what i was doing.. if you dont know how to mix and all u do is becone a natural at turning ppl down, well then i say dont even go up cuz honestly i dont want ppl making a big fool of themselves.. im only trying to make these 'DJs' walk around school and also the whole city, not being looked down upon cause he didnt know how to mix and only turned everyone down... so if i go to a club.. i KNOW the DJ will be good cuz for me.. if you play at clubs then im guessing that, that guy knows what hes doing. Cause if he didnt he wouldnt be hired to play at the club. like you see what i mean??

Like...no...I don't...see what I mean???
nathans1 7:44 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
like for me. My friends wanted me to be the school DJ during my freshamn year but i was alwasy telling them that i wasnt ready cause obviously i dont want to go up unexperienced. So after i became experienced, then i started!

Started what? Sounds like they are still brining in outside talent when they have you and all of your dj glory right there. If they wont even give you a chance and the other djs are "horrible" according to you, then what does that say about you?? Like you know what I mean???...
djnak 8:02 PM - 9 September, 2015
leave the kid alone... we tried....we all know he is going to end up in a 2 hour time slot with 12 other dj's...you know what these edm guys call "a battle" ...he will play his 2, 5 min long Hardwell tracks and think he is a dj god....
nathans1 9:05 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
leave the kid alone... we tried....we all know he is going to end up in a 2 hour time slot with 12 other dj's...you know what these edm guys call "a battle" ...he will play his 2, 5 min long Hardwell tracks and think he is a dj god....

I'm trying to help him. He's just so thick headed. Anyways...you really think he will do so well?
djnak 9:37 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Anyways...you really think he will do so well?

Yeah with his determination and love for Hardwell I can definitely see him slanging mad tickets to a local show to get his 10 min timeslot, 2 free drinks and 3 people on the guestlist....
that guy smitty 9:48 PM - 9 September, 2015
What makes me a good DJ?

I dunno...public opinion, other successful DJ's and critics (newspaper) co-signing my work. It's all subjective I guess. I know I have to turn down more gigs than I can physically take and left the corporate world to gig full-time back in 07. Good is a matter of opinion...success (i.e. being able to support a wife and 3 kids on the 1's & 2's) is all the confirmation anyone I really need.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:31 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
ok so that DJ came. And it turns out that the DJ from the radio station 99.1 kggi is gonna do my school homecoming. i was PISSED!! so i went to our activity office and i talk to this lady who I'm cool with and i was like "so whats with the DJ from 99.1 taking my spot?" like i was pissed. so she was like "listen, we know u did it a few times last year but this year we are gonna cut u a break. Im sure you would like to go and go with a date and maybe just this once cut you a break"… so i told her i have girls that i want to go with but then i asked why can't i just do my thing and have my date in the booth with me. all they said was "sorry, but just this once we are cutting u a break".. so i guess it's nice of them but at the same time, i want my gig. ya know. I made an hour and 3 mix over the weekend so i just started handing those out.

Translation....

You're fired.....
nathans1 10:37 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
ok so that DJ came. And it turns out that the DJ from the radio station 99.1 kggi is gonna do my school homecoming. i was PISSED!! so i went to our activity office and i talk to this lady who I'm cool with and i was like "so whats with the DJ from 99.1 taking my spot?" like i was pissed. so she was like "listen, we know u did it a few times last year but this year we are gonna cut u a break. Im sure you would like to go and go with a date and maybe just this once cut you a break"… so i told her i have girls that i want to go with but then i asked why can't i just do my thing and have my date in the booth with me. all they said was "sorry, but just this once we are cutting u a break".. so i guess it's nice of them but at the same time, i want my gig. ya know. I made an hour and 3 mix over the weekend so i just started handing those out.

Translation....

You're fired.....

Pure GOLD. Just keeps on giving!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:41 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
i don't think they are firing me. i think if they were firing me they would have said "this year we are just gonna have different DJs" now thats firing me. but if they are trying to say that they want me to have a date and just for once have fun on the dance floor. i can see that!

But this DID say that ->
Quote:
"listen, we know u did it a few times last year but this year we are gonna cut u a break.

lol, it's cool... we all get cut at some point....

But keep it real homie....

You'e been fired....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:42 PM - 9 September, 2015
*But they DID say that ->....etc..etc..
nathans1 10:42 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Translation....

You're fired.....

i don't think they are firing me. i think if they were firing me they would have said "this year we are just gonna have different DJs" now thats firing me. but if they are trying to say that they want me to have a date and just for once have fun on the dance floor. i can see that!

Me too. Your very fortunate to have people at your high school watching out for you. Have fun at your event...plus you can always talk major shit about the crappy dj that's spinning that night. Im sure your date will enjoy you ranting about how he was off beat, off key, dropped it in at the wrong time, to many efx, etc etc. It should be a fun night.
nathans1 10:46 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
ah even so. I can still get gigs out of school. My sisters friend just asked if i would do his party like in a month or 2. so even if! but we'll see

Looks like people have found a way to find you too! Awesome!!! Give your sis some passes for friends that would like to attend your gig and don't forget to put there names on the list.
nathans1 11:04 PM - 9 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
ah even so. I can still get gigs out of school. My sisters friend just asked if i would do his party like in a month or 2. so even if! but we'll see

Looks like people have found a way to find you too! Awesome!!! Give your sis some passes for friends that would like to attend your gig and don't forget to put their names on the list.
Owl G 1:16 AM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
i KNOW the DJ will be good cuz for me.. if you play at clubs then im guessing that, that guy knows what hes doing. Cause if he didnt he wouldnt be hired to play at the club. like you see what i mean??

This opinion should change in a few years.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:52 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
i'll see those DJs in clubs that won't even know how to use the set they are told or given to use..

Wait....what?
nathans1 2:41 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
i'll see those DJs in clubs that won't even know how to use the set they are told or given to use..

Wait....what?

I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our like nation don’t have maps and uh I believe that are education like such as South Africa and Iraq like everywhere such as and I believe that they should are education over here in the US should help the US and should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for …..Thank you very much miss South Carolina!....like you know what I mean....
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:58 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait....what?

I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our like nation don’t have maps and uh I believe that are education like such as South Africa and Iraq like everywhere such as and I believe that they should are education over here in the US should help the US and should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for …..Thank you very much miss South Carolina!....like you know what I mean....

rotflmao
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:59 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Translation....

You're fired.....

like they said, they cut you a break. And that break was them sparring you the emotional emotional baggage if getting fired from what im assumimg was an unpaid gig lol
Taipanic 5:27 PM - 10 September, 2015
Imma let you finish but Imma gonna leave this right here as the greatest Troll eva on Serato.
Fo Real!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:36 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
like they said, they cut you a break. And that break was them sparring you the emotional emotional baggage if getting fired from what im assumimg was an unpaid gig lol

Oh no....

LMAO.....

Again, we've ALL been fired, released, undercut, "given a break", etc, so no biggie, but that *ish is still funny...
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:32 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Imma let you finish but Imma gonna leave this right here as the greatest Troll eva on Serato.
Fo Real!

nah, I've seen better
d:raf 8:17 PM - 10 September, 2015
^ Agreed; see Ruckazoid, Tony Little, DJ Ta$k, etc.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:53 PM - 10 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Fo Real!

nah, I've seen better

Man, give him a chance! Some need to perfect their skills by watching the likes of certain members to sharpen their arsenal...
Owl G 1:08 AM - 11 September, 2015
If Hardwell was reading this thread...lmao
eugguy 1:42 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:

If kidx was hardwell....
Laz219 1:59 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

If kidx was hardwell....

He wouldn't have time to be posting on a forum....would be way too busy fawning over himself.
nathans1 2:15 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
you never know man. Hardwell has time sometimes. and I'm sure the guy loves to just have those "fun days"… i mean.. he has a girl friend for that but hey!!!!!! i know he went around new york city making.. ppl didn't even know it was him lol so yeah.. then when they said "oh i like hardwell".. at the end he was like "i an hardwell" lol nd the ppl would FREAK OUT!!!!!

Troll? Really? This?...I don't think so. If it was my hat would go off to him. That would be elaborate!!! Not Kidx.
nathans1 3:42 AM - 11 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If kidx was hardwell....

He wouldn't have time to be posting on a forum....would be way too busy fawning over himself.

i doubt robbert is a jerk and to prideful cuz he walks around with a big name tag saying "#1 DJ Of the World, thats me!!" no.. if you see interviews of him. ppl will literally ASK him if he sees himself as the #1. he says "not really, all DJs and producers always do what they love doing, I'm just doing what i love doing" and two… you look at hollywood stars like taylor swift and demi L and all those.. I'm sure they ar e ALWAYS talking bout how they are the best and they probably LOVE it when the press and the newspaper take pictures of them cuz they know in their little fake minds (who also use auto tune for every song they make, which isn't fame or talent) that all those pics are just gonna get them more and more money and fame. you look at hardwell. he's just chill. he has a girl friend, he is so chill bout everything so yeah.. i HIGHLY doubt robbert would be looking at himself like "damn right I'm #1 DJ of the world, everyone must bow down to my skills and know who i am"… savvy?!?!?!

congrats
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:42 AM - 11 September, 2015
This dude is relentless....
Laz219 4:22 AM - 11 September, 2015
And completely missed my point.
oh well.
CMOS 7:13 PM - 11 September, 2015
I think you should post your 3 hour mix that you made so we can help you improve.
d:raf 11:14 PM - 11 September, 2015
Don't look now, but the rankings have changed. Even stranger, nowhere is Hardwell even mentioned; he didn't win last year either (p.s.: who's Markus Schulz?).

Break out the cake!

www.inthemix.com.au

Quote:
'America's Best DJ' crowns a new winner for 2015
Thu 10th Sep, 2015 by Katie Cunningham in News

Every year, US publication DJ Times pairs up with Pioneer to collect votes from across 50 states and name “America’s Best DJ”. For 2015, DJ Times have crowned a new winner – this year, Steve Aoki has ascended to the top spot for the first time ever.

Aoki takes the number one spot from last year’s German-born winner Markus Schulz – who has long considered the US his home – and who wont be eligible to win again until 2016. In second place is 2013 winner Kaskade, with the top five rounded out by Diplo, Skrillex and Dirtybird head Claude VonStroke. Dillon Francis, Flosstradamus and A-Trak all made the top ten, which you can see in full below.

This year, DJ Mag say “most of the fan votes” were cast online, but voting was also allowed on ground at over 20 club and festival events, from Electric Daisy Carnival to Movement Detroit.

“I am incredibly humbled and honoured to be chosen as this year’s winner,” Steve Aoki said in a statement. “First and foremost, I want to thank all my fans for their support over the years. I am so grateful that I continue to have the best fans in the world.

“I would also like to thank everyone at DJ Times and Pioneer for all the years of support as well as acknowledge all the amazing promoters that book me in great venues and festivals across North America. Words cannot express how appreciative I am of this award and I look forward to pursuing my passion as a DJ for decades to come.”

Read more at www.inthemix.com.au

2015 ‘America’s Best DJ’ results

1. Steve Aoki
2. Kaskade
3. Diplo
4. Skrillex
5. Claude Von Stroke
6. Dillon Francis
7. Bassnectar
8. Flosstradamus
9. A-Trak
10. Audien
blackavenger 4:48 AM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
2015 ‘America’s Best DJ’ results

1. Steve Aoki
2. Kaskade
3. Diplo
4. Skrillex
5. Claude Von Stroke
6. Dillon Francis
7. Bassnectar
8. Flosstradamus
9. A-Trak
10. Audien

...and this, my friend's, is why America blows!

(sans Claude VonStroke, of course..congrats to him for even being recognized among that lot)
d:raf 5:00 AM - 12 September, 2015
I heard that A-Trak guy was pretty good...
blackavenger 5:15 AM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
I heard that A-Trak guy was pretty good...

Haha. Yeah, he's amazingly talented.....just not about "what" he plays.
I liked him more before he became Kanye's touring DJ.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:04 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
really? i mean I've heard of him but i don't think I've actually gotten a GOOD look at what he does. the last time i heard a song from him was when i started playing "DJ Hero 2".!

And once AGAIN you fail to get the difference between DJ and producer...sigh
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:05 PM - 12 September, 2015
Quote:
like bass nectar???????? what the heck???? A-trak????? we are starting to list some really retarded ppl!!!! america WHY???? like.. i would have put DJ Snake instead of bass nectar 0.o

also bassnectar > hardwell
CMOS 7:15 PM - 13 September, 2015
Quote:
yes!!! thing is… i having some difficulty uploading it to youtube like I've never uploaded.. i tried sound cloud for mixes but sound cloud has a strict copyright policy. youtube I've never used for uploading (in my 17 years) and mix cloud also have a complicated thing so. if you can kick start me with uploading music first, that be great and much appreciated. when i want to show my mixes, i burn CDs and hang them out. I was told by some hot chick that my hr mix was really good (yes my mixes are EDM but when I'm performing, i play remixes of radio songs mixed with rap mixed with EDM. EDM i use to pump them up more cuz of the upbeat! but yeah help on youtube uploading!!!! plz!

upload it here:

www.mixcrate.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:02 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
I'm sure in those years, tomorrowland will still have their 4.1 million ppl going! and i also will go.. i'll send you a pic when I'm there!! like.. of the crowd ya know!!

Better hurry up and get that pic cause i have more bad news for you concerning the future of your beloved festivals

www.youredm.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:15 PM - 14 September, 2015
oh and just i case you are wondering what all this effects...

sfxii.com
deezlee 4:19 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
yes!!! thing is… i having some difficulty uploading it to youtube like I've never uploaded.. i tried sound cloud for mixes but sound cloud has a strict copyright policy. youtube I've never used for uploading (in my 17 years) and mix cloud also have a complicated thing so. if you can kick start me with uploading music first, that be great and much appreciated. when i want to show my mixes, i burn CDs and hang them out. I was told by some hot chick that my hr mix was really good (yes my mixes are EDM but when I'm performing, i play remixes of radio songs mixed with rap mixed with EDM. EDM i use to pump them up more cuz of the upbeat! but yeah help on youtube uploading!!!! plz!

upload it here:

www.mixcrate.com

Don't do it its a trap
blackavenger 5:32 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
oh and just i case you are wondering what all this effects...

sfxii.com

I just hope that someone takes Beatport off SFX's hands, in and when they should go under..
blackavenger 5:35 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
in if and when they should go under.
blackavenger 6:13 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
sorry if i dont understand on whtas going on! im guessing that the festivals are loosing money???

No, SFX (the company that runs all the biggest festivals) has been caught manipulating their stock. The shareholders are filing a class-action lawsuit against them. In other words, the company that is responsible for the mainstream EDM juggernaut is about to go under, and EDM along with it.

Hallelujah!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:32 PM - 14 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
sorry if i dont understand on whtas going on! im guessing that the festivals are loosing money???

No, SFX (the company that runs all the biggest festivals) has been caught manipulating their stock. The shareholders are filing a class-action lawsuit against them. In other words, the company that is responsible for the mainstream EDM juggernaut is about to go under, and EDM along with it.

Hallelujah!!

Pretty much. By the time it's said and done the company will be defunct and the CEO will probably get charges brought against him. Hell if they start getting investigated for fraud I can only imagine how cooked his books are. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ends up serving time for fraud when it's all said and done which i think is hilarious because the CEO is essentially just a promoter and it goes to show that no matter how big a promirer gets....theyre always up to the same tricks
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:36 PM - 14 September, 2015
Oh and just to bring this thread full circle. Do you wanna know who else SFX owns.....

Quote:

Later in the month, SFX acquired a 50% stake in ALDA Events, a Dutch promoter who produces the concert tours of Armin van Buuren and Hardwell,

:p
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:07 PM - 14 September, 2015
This dude is a Gem.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:50 PM - 15 September, 2015
Waits for Kidx to see "straight outta compton" and turn back up on the forum with a raiders hat and a sock full of crack lookin on tips on how to produce a west coast funk banger
blackavenger 2:59 PM - 15 September, 2015
Well, if you are stuck with it for life, then you may want to start branching out into stuff that's not so commercial. Because, that shit is on its way out.
blackavenger 3:02 PM - 15 September, 2015
For instance, I have been into dance music for over 20 years. I started out liking cheezy acts like Deeelite and Keoki, but quickly got into more underground genres. Like I told you before, there is a big world outside mainstream EDM.
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:57 PM - 15 September, 2015
CMOS 9:18 PM - 15 September, 2015
Why do i keep reading dudes posts like english isnt his first language.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:05 PM - 15 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Why do i keep reading dudes posts like english isnt his first language.

heres a solution… don't read them! problem solved! i'll take cash!!

lol...Folks, this is our future.....

Enjoy.
Owl G 5:53 AM - 16 September, 2015
>
Quote:

iran would probably be the most stupidest country if they want to nuke us! like just saying! cause then we will be put into a nuclear war and iran is a small country so BYE BYE iran!!! then russia will get involved then france and our allies. then so on and so on. before you know it planet earth will no longer be able to sustain life cuz of the radiation! so i HIGHLY doubt they will bomb us cuz they would be really stupid! considering the fact that we have WAY more nukes than iran so. And America is the superpower of the world but so is russia but U.S… we like to think of ourselves as badasses so

Thank you for your very thoughtful, poignant answer, Miss South Carolina.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:38 PM - 16 September, 2015
Quote:

ok i read some of it! kinda confused tho!

Me to...the article i intended to post was about the death of edm
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:39 PM - 16 September, 2015
lets try this again

www.thedailybeast.com
Laz219 12:08 AM - 18 September, 2015
We get it, you're trying to stretch this conversation out as much as possible by constantly posting when you get no response.
Nobody really cares.
 6 3:33 AM - 18 September, 2015
Quote:
just letting him know! but thanks!!!

What are you talking about?
d:raf 3:36 AM - 18 September, 2015
Wow... looks like he slept on it overnight and woke up still agitated. lolz
blackavenger 7:21 PM - 19 September, 2015
You realize we're saying that EDM is about to fall, not Dance Music in general, right?

Dance Music has been going strong for 30 years!!
blackavenger 7:51 AM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
aren't they the same thing……

According to Bezzle they are :p
The Despicable Nyan Cat 10:52 PM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
Now i don't know if you all make mash ups but if you do, you know that you CANT take the vocals out of a songs to mash up it up into another song when using JUST your controller.

sync buddy
deezlee 10:54 PM - 20 September, 2015
that is nonsense.
nathans1 11:00 PM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:

you know that you CANT take the vocals out of a songs to mash up it up into another song when using JUST your controller.

YES you can!!! You cant, but, many others can. Its called an Acapella. Heard of those?
nathans1 11:13 PM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
ok, so hardwell can spend time going around the internet looking for acapellas!! and also he pre records his mash ups that HE made off a studio program so he can make acapellas for himself. Yeah, but that still means that HE made it!

So what. The point is HE CAN MIX MASHUPS LIVE. Even his own mash up can be mixed live. Especially since hes working on 4 decks. Ya know what I mean???
d:raf 11:15 PM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
finding acepellas is a b!tch! if you have a website or a way i can get acapellas plz share!!!

A google search for "acapellas", first link:

www.acapellas4u.co.uk
nathans1 11:32 PM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
ok ok i guess! so your saying more action going on with the decks! yeah ok i can see that actually! mm if i was only to meet him i'd actually say to make mash ups live cuz then that be actually pretty sick to see him get crazy while he mixes!!!!

Yeah exactly!!!! See, you load your VOCAL/ACAPELA on deck 1. Then on deck 2 you play what ever track you want (any Hardcock track will work) Then you drop vocal track from deck 1 into track from deck 2. Preferably on beat. Then you can load tracks onto your other two decks and the possibilities are endless. Hopefully there is still plenty of time for hand hearts, fist pumping, cake tossing etc, That way everyone will know your a dj!!!!
nathans1 12:18 AM - 21 September, 2015
Oh awesome. I will take a quick look at that as soon as I finish clipping my dogs nails and deworming her. Sometimes we just have to take care of the important things first...know what I mean kidd?
djnak 12:21 AM - 21 September, 2015
Ponder this...you can use acapella's / indtrumentals to make mash ups on the fly.... You can also phase/flanger and stutter with just 2 decks and not effects/pads....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:23 AM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
finding acepellas is a b!tch! if you have a website or a way i can get acapellas plz share!!!

And and you shall receive!

You're welcome....

[Link Removed]
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:28 AM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
thank you!!!

Oh snap, the link got removed....
nathans1 12:56 AM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
thank you!!!

Oh snap, the link got removed....

Every time you post something, anything...the only thought that goes through my mind regardless of the topic is..."If they do not fit, you must acquit"!!!! Ha ha. Everytime. Might just create a Derschawitz avatar.
blackavenger 11:57 AM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

A google search for "acapellas", first link:

www.acapellas4u.co.uk

Great resource.......I've been on there for years!
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:52 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:

now i hate to bring up hardwell again 

Thats clearly a lie
The Despicable Nyan Cat 3:04 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
now i hate to bring up hardwell again&nbsp;

Thats clearly a lie

ROFL
Mr. Goodkat 7:41 PM - 21 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

yeah bezzle and kid x have more in common than they think.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 11:35 PM - 22 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah bezzle and kid x have more in common than they think.

This^^^^
Owl G 12:45 AM - 24 September, 2015
Quote:
call it what you want but i know facts.

LMAO
nathans1 3:35 PM - 25 September, 2015
Quote:
well this sucks. I had to turn down a gig that was for charity! i turned it down cause imam be gone. the struggle is real guys!! (yeah im just bored, don't judge me)

I think you turning it down was a charity in it self. Can only imagine they are grateful!!!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 3:46 PM - 25 September, 2015
YO lol
 6 5:06 PM - 25 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
well this sucks. I had to turn down a gig that was for charity! i turned it down cause imam be gone. the struggle is real guys!! (yeah im just bored, don't judge me)

I think you turning it down was a charity in it self. Can only imagine they are grateful!!!

hahaha

nm
The Despicable Nyan Cat 6:11 PM - 25 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

have you ever been asked to do a non paid gig?

Is that why you turned it down?
 6 6:25 PM - 25 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

have you ever been asked to do a non paid gig?

I won't ever do a non-paid gig. Ever
The Despicable Nyan Cat 6:26 PM - 25 September, 2015
Are you missing something?
 6 6:39 PM - 25 September, 2015

nm
The Despicable Nyan Cat 6:42 PM - 25 September, 2015
There you go
 6 6:43 PM - 25 September, 2015

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:03 PM - 25 September, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

hahaha

nm

GOOOOT EMMM
d:raf 11:17 PM - 27 September, 2015
Hatin' hard... thump.vice.com
d:raf 1:13 AM - 28 September, 2015
I never suggested that you quit EDM or stop following anybody; that article's about the (alleged) inner workings of DJ Mag's contest. lol

I thought that instead you might slam the article for taking most of its sources from Facebook & Reddit posts, but alas...
Mr. Goodkat 10:08 AM - 28 September, 2015
''As THUMP pointed out last year, DJ Mag's annual poll has allegedly become a hotbed for some of the ugliest marketing schemes imaginable. Some artists buy votes on eBay while others solicit them at major festivals using girls armed with iPads. Even DJ Mag itself offers advertising packages for the poll, ranging from $18,000–40,000. Meanwhile, Beatport's charts can be gamed by paying for "download farming"—i.e., having someone buy a particular track hundreds or thousands of times with different IP addresses—or offering rebates and prizes for purchasers.''

thump.vice.com
blackavenger 12:27 PM - 28 September, 2015
What a sham!!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 12:42 PM - 28 September, 2015
Quote:
Luke seems to have two main grievances. The first is that in the economic arms race of pay-to-play, real talent is being buried by those with deeper pockets.

Not like anyone with real talents would want to write music for the fall-back genre that is EDM.
 6 1:40 PM - 28 September, 2015
Quote:
''As THUMP pointed out last year, DJ Mag's annual poll has allegedly become a hotbed for some of the ugliest marketing schemes imaginable. Some artists buy votes on eBay while others solicit them at major festivals using girls armed with iPads. Even DJ Mag itself offers advertising packages for the poll, ranging from $18,000–40,000. Meanwhile, Beatport's charts can be gamed by paying for "download farming"—i.e., having someone buy a particular track hundreds or thousands of times with different IP addresses—or offering rebates and prizes for purchasers.''

thump.vice.com

I like how the link says the new payola

nm
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:02 PM - 29 September, 2015
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:09 PM - 29 September, 2015
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:54 PM - 29 September, 2015
Quote:
ok so they shut down tomorrowworld while it rained. on the last day too! i would rather leave the last day as it rained then to stay there sleeping in mud... ok so they had ONE bad year.. it wasnt even the whole weekend it was that day that it rained!

You clearly didn't read/understand the article
Owl G 8:13 AM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
i could careless really!

Story of your life.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 12:07 PM - 30 September, 2015
I suppose you'd say some Hardwell or Martin Garrix POS could write Drum and Bass like this: Watchwww.youtube.com
blackavenger 2:17 PM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
You clearly didn't read/understand the article

Quote:
i could care less really!

KidX, what you are failing to realize is that the whole reason why EDM blew up in the past 3 to 4 years is because of SFX Entertainment. Seeing as how they are doing a fire sale of all their assets, there is a good chance that these mega-festivals are seeing their last days.

No Mega-Festivals = No Big Room House (ie; no opportunities for EDM superstars like Hardwell, Martin Garrix, Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Aviici, Afrojack, or Steve Aoki to poison the ears and minds of Dance Music patrons any longer).

Ooooh, how I pray that prediction comes to pass!!!

Good one, but I prefer BTB Part 1 more.....

Watchwww.youtube.com
The Despicable Nyan Cat 2:59 PM - 30 September, 2015
That song's good as well.
blackavenger 3:15 PM - 30 September, 2015
::le sigh::
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:20 PM - 30 September, 2015
This dude is amazing.
nathans1 3:54 PM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
hardwell (robbert)

Robbert?
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:09 PM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
and what you guys KEEP forgetting is that Hardwell has his own concert that is ALWAYS being sold out like 5 to 6 months earlier.. and SFX doesnt own that.. HARDWELL owns his own concert which means if all else fails.. they will still have hardwell concert...

......ya, about that

Quote:

In November 2014, despite a total revenue of $143.5 million in the third quarter of 2014—a number boosted by the large number of SFX-managed festivals that occurred during the quarter, Sillerman reported that SFX was undergoing a significant restructuring and consolidation process that would involve "a not insignificant shift in assignments and reduction in workforce, all of which will go to improve efficiency and, of course, to improve our EBITDA."[30] Later in the month, SFX acquired a 50% stake in ALDA Events, a Dutch promoter who produces the concert tours ofArmin van Buuren and Hardwell, along with the Amsterdam Music Festival. 
 6 5:18 PM - 30 September, 2015
Uh oh

nm
CMOS 6:19 PM - 30 September, 2015
This is what you sound like, maybe it will help to read it from another person.

Hardwell doesnt even need equipment or music to put on a great show, he can just clap his hands in time and millions of people MILLIONS I TELL YOU will spend thousands of dollars to hear him clap. I for one would give him my entire paycheck to hear this. He is the best dj, the best producers, gets all the girls, gets all the guys, does mountains of coke but stays clean, he taught the most interesting man in the world how to be interesting. Nothing anyone does will ever put hardwell out of business because he does it all himself. he books the shows, he books the venues, he sorts the plastic cups at the concession stands, he sells the popcorn in the stadium while he djs. thats why he is the number 1 dj in the world, it has nothing to do with him paying dj mag over 50k in advertisements and having a social media team and management team, its alll him. He gets girls pregnant in the audience every time he moves a fader, thats why he appears to play premade mixes, he doesnt wanna deal with all those children. Hes really the best, i cant wait to meet him one day and give him the best blowjob of his life because im his biggest fan. Hes so good that even when he stops djing he will be the best dj every year.

PS FUCK HARDWELL. soundcloud.com
The Despicable Nyan Cat 9:39 PM - 30 September, 2015
Someone like Hardwell is not capable of writing a song like this: (written by a girl no less!) Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:43 PM - 30 September, 2015
Quote:
i dont believe it what so ever.. you guys can think what you want.. the press can say what they want its ALL BS!!!!!!!! im staying with EDM mainstream, im still going do all that i do with EDM.. hardwell is WAY more than the shit you all listen to and look to as "talent." you call rap and everything you all have shown me.. i call that BS and just doing it for money and fame. Hardwell has way more talent than any of those artists!!!!! you all have a good day! cause u all have given me complete BS that isnt even worth arguing about so im out!!

im suprised you were able to find the keyboard with all those tears lol
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 12:11 AM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
i dont believe it what so ever.. you guys can think what you want.. the press can say what they want its ALL BS!!!!!!!! im staying with EDM mainstream, im still going do all that i do with EDM.. hardwell is WAY more than the shit you all listen to and look to as "talent." you call rap and everything you all have shown me.. i call that BS and just doing it for money and fame. Hardwell has way more talent than any of those artists!!!!! you all have a good day! cause u all have given me complete BS that isnt even worth arguing about so im out!!

Lol! Now that was funny.
nathans1 12:22 AM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Just like when Marcia Brady found out that Jonny Bravo wasn't going to perform at the school dance. Heart Broken!!!
Owl G 1:42 AM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
Later in the month, SFX acquired a 50% stake in ALDA Events, a Dutch promoter who produces the concert tours ofArmin van Buuren and Hardwell, along with the Amsterdam Music Festival.

Quote:
i dont believe it what so ever.. you guys can think what you want.. the press can say what they want its ALL BS!!!!!!!!

So much gold.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 2:59 AM - 1 October, 2015
Quote:
cause u all have given me complete BS

Denialllllllll
The Despicable Nyan Cat 3:04 AM - 1 October, 2015
Once they take all the hoes out of the audience, everyone's gonna leave.

When SFX leaves, Hardbitch is gonna have to pay all the people himself...unless he pays someone to do that.

If you want to get rich quick, making bad music is a little more surefire than the stock-exchange. That's where someone with no talent belongs.
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:21 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:

www.youredm.com
Mr. Goodkat 8:35 PM - 4 October, 2015
kid x is trolling bezz so hard.
dj_foo 8:39 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:

Since the day he made this thread...
Dj-M.Bezzle 11:45 PM - 4 October, 2015
Quote:

nah, theres just nothing else happening on the forum at the moment
Laz219 1:53 AM - 5 October, 2015

That's actually interesting, I never realised that the OneLove brand out here in Aus was actually under SFX these days.
...makes it more interesting to follow this whole mess.
Owl G 2:26 AM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
the CO. SFX IS ILLUMINATE CONFIRMED!!!

ILLUMINATE!
sumoJr 2:42 AM - 5 October, 2015
this has to be a charade...

I am finding it very difficult to believe there are still people this stupid in this age of information and knowledge.
sumoJr 2:49 AM - 5 October, 2015
Illuminati me on the situation.
Laz219 3:22 AM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
SFX is just in a control of a lot of things.... before you know it, they gonna be taking over the whole world with music!

.................taking over the world in bankruptcy?
Laz219 3:42 AM - 5 October, 2015
You really have way too much time on your hands.
nathans1 4:29 AM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
not really... most of the day im pretty bizy! but i mean like right now, it dark out and im just relaxing so. now i got time!

Have you done all your homework?
nathans1 4:52 AM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
yes mom!!! cx i actually didnt have homework this weekend! 0.0 which let me relax before the week started again! well new week!!

Its Dad!! Don't forget we have an appointment tomorrow with your therapist. Your Hardwell delusion is getting really bad again.
blackavenger 1:09 PM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

www.youredm.com

Damn, didn't even switch up the sample...no change in any way....straight copy/paste!! Pfft!!

Quote:
Illuminati me on the situation.

LMAO!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 1:17 PM - 5 October, 2015
Remarkable.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 4:28 PM - 5 October, 2015
Quote:
yeah XD SFX is like a virus! and we are.... the cure!!

LMAO at the "cure".....

Here's a cure... Watchwww.youtube.com (1.05 to 2.00 even tho the rest is good, the garage is fantastic)
blackavenger 7:49 PM - 5 October, 2015
Aww man, I love "Everlasting Days"!! Both the original, and that remix.
nathans1 1:00 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yes mom!!! cx i actually didnt have homework this weekend! 0.0 which let me relax before the week started again! well new week!!

Its Dad!! Don't forget we have an appointment tomorrow with your therapist. Your Hardwell delusion is getting really bad again.

Lolz XD omg lol that made my day!!! laughing so hard!

Your welcome!
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:23 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
lol! DO... you all know who DJ Ravine is? he's a youtuber who also has like CDJs, turntables, DDJ SX, Launchpad novation, studio programs, like im talking the WORKS... like his whole room is just all sets! And he's really good too!!!

.........is this cotts?
nathans1 1:48 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
what?? have you even looked up the guy on youtube? Before you start asking questions you should probably look him up!

You didn't? Really? Nah...
Owl G 2:38 AM - 6 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
the CO. SFX IS ILLUMINATE CONFIRMED!!!

ILLUMINATE!

dude, i was joking. like this guy, he knows how to mess around and all, then u come over here and add your comment and ruining the fun -.- sorry guys but the cops are in the house!

Actually, its Illuminati. You kept shouting about lighting, I almost thought you were discussing actual DJing.
d:raf 3:44 AM - 6 October, 2015
Here's to all the curmudgeonly, crotchety senior citizen DJs:

thump.vice.com

(lolz @ "erectile deficiency music scene")
Scully DJ Services 1:37 AM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
hes garbage!

Now were getting somewhere. Baby steps
blackavenger 6:27 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
love this song!!!!!!!
Watchwww.youtube.com

Damn, that is soooo bad. What genre is that considered?
blackavenger 6:28 PM - 7 October, 2015
Is that Hardstyle?
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:09 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
Is that Hardstyle?

of course it is, its showtek
d:raf 11:12 PM - 7 October, 2015
Quote:
every word spoken in that song i wouldnt have said anything better myself!!!

...so you're going to pop pills in the line at the club?
d:raf 12:50 AM - 8 October, 2015
What's your favorite(s)?
Owl G 12:50 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
hey dont be hatting on my propaganda for EDM and hardstyle

LMAO
Laz219 1:07 AM - 8 October, 2015
Jumping to the defense of a question nobody actually asked?
d:raf 3:21 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
every word spoken in that song i wouldnt have said anything better myself!!!

...so you're going to pop pills in the line at the club?

Quote:
HELL YEAH!!!!

Quote:
What's your favorite(s)?

Quote:
favorite what? drug? i dont know, i dont do drugs!

...so you're going to try them all and see what you like?
sumoJr 4:39 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
... like especially at school, !

what grade are you in?
nathans1 4:54 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
... like especially at school, !

what grade are you in?

He's in the sixth grade but he's the tallest in his class and some people say he looks like Hardwell....
DJ'Que 5:33 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
As we all know, the art of DJing comes with a wide range of Egos, shit talking, etc.

I am curious to know...what makes a good DJ?

The way I look at it...people always find a way to talk shit. The following are arguments that can be found on every DJ forum and my PERSONAL take on them:

Good for you. Keep doing your thing. I'm sorry not all of us are 45 years old.

2. "Errmergerd he's using sync"

Yes, I agree...every DJ should know how to beat-match by ear. However, if the DJ has a good track selection, mixes in key, and has the crowd moving...who gives a shit...Sync away.

3. "These damn kids and their controllers, I only use vinyl"

False. You don't. You use your 1200's, dicers, and mixer as a Serato controller.

4. "I don't use Serato, I strictly use vinyl records."

Well that's cool. Let's keep in mind that this is 2013. Let's keep in mind that there are a LOT of good up-and-coming producers that do NOT have their music pressed and distributed. Let's keep in mind that there are a lot of unreleased tracks used by DJs that are only available in a digital format.

5. "My technique is flawless...I can scratch, juggle, etc"

Again, awesome..and I have mad respect for you because of that. However, these things are not necessary during a performance. I know plenty of REALLY good DJs that kill the vibe by constantly scratching and juggling. People are their to dance.

6. "I'll play all of your FAVORITE songs and REQUESTS

Believe it or not, it's shocking how many DJs use this as a form of advertisement and as a way of pulling a crowd. Unfortunately, if you're not taking risks...you're doing it wrong. If you are taking requests...you are a jukebox, not a DJ. If you are playing what everyone else is playing...you are not digging hard enough and you are lazy.

I read all this and laughed my ass off.

thanks for the comp as I an 45 yrs better.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:24 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
HELL YEAH!!!!

Then you "appreciate" flacid-style music?
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:25 PM - 8 October, 2015
But then...
Quote:
i dont do drugs!
blackavenger 2:43 PM - 8 October, 2015
Who are some "Techno" artists that you like? I'm really curious to know who you consider "good" Techno.
blackavenger 5:46 PM - 8 October, 2015
Damn, kid, those are not Techno artists.
blackavenger 5:52 PM - 8 October, 2015
Well, TB Arthur is, but certainly not Deadmau5, Darude, or Zombie Nation.
nathans1 7:13 PM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
ok i looked it up and deadmau5 is progressive house and electro house. I figured from his previous tracks like "strobe" and "16th hour" were considered techno but i guess not so my bad... and darude isnt! But Zombie nation is Techno and electro... so now you can say "do your research before you speak"

I suggest you just stop speaking...
Mr. Goodkat 7:54 PM - 8 October, 2015
zombie nation is surprisingly pretty good. kernkraft is awful but his latest stuff has been not bad.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 7:34 PM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
aw but I promise to always do my research!!!!!!

Well you better get started.
blackavenger 8:35 PM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
zombie nation is surprisingly pretty good. kernkraft is awful but his latest stuff has been not bad.

Would you consider him Techno, or both techno and electro? when I first heard "Kernkraft" the melody was the catchy thing haha! But yeah I like Zombie Nation! But back to my question!!

No, Zombie Nation is not Techno. Older stuff was Trance....newer stuff is Electro House.

These are examples of Techno.....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com
blackavenger 8:55 PM - 9 October, 2015
KidX is a prime example of why these young kids need to research the history of Dance Music. It didn't all start with EDM, and it's certainly going to be around long after this latest incarnation of it's mainstream appeal fades into oblivion.

I used to straight clown on them for their ignorance, and generally respond in a negative way to their posts. Though, now I "try" to refrain from doing that, and choose to educate them instead. That being said, sorry KidX, but you have A WHOLE LOT to learn.

If you ever have any questions about a particular artist or genre, feel free
to hit me up in PM......I'll help you out.
Mr. Goodkat 9:34 PM - 9 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Would you consider him Techno, or both techno and electro? when I first heard "Kernkraft" the melody was the catchy thing haha! But yeah I like Zombie Nation! But back to my question!!

No, Zombie Nation is not Techno. Older stuff was Trance....newer stuff is Electro House.

These are examples of Techno.....

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

Watchwww.youtube.com

those are techno, but techno can sound very different and i do think it was originally to not have a concrete sound, but more as a paradigm in creating electronic music in a futuristic or noir type way.
blackavenger 10:03 PM - 9 October, 2015
Sure when you reference older (pre-2003'ish) Techno, your description applies. But Techno represents a very distinct sound and style now. While there are different sub-genres, the core elements remain, and sound like the examples I gave.
blackavenger 12:49 AM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
A question i have is, did techno DJs from back in the day use vinyl records?

Yes, and a lot of them still do. When employing DVS, the choice for most Techno DJs still using turntables is Traktor's Scratch, however.
Mr. Goodkat 5:51 PM - 10 October, 2015
google jeff mills and get lit bro.
nathans1 6:49 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:
A question i have is, did techno DJs from back in the day use vinyl records?

Techno predates the cd. So yes, techno djs did use vinyl. That's all they had for sometime and as stated above, quite a few really great techno djs still use vinyl today.
deezlee 7:07 PM - 10 October, 2015
"Last night the DJ saved my life" is a good book about that history
blackavenger 9:47 PM - 10 October, 2015
Quote:

I have this book.
Great recommendation.
Laz219 4:04 AM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I have this book.
Great recommendation.

+1
I think I may have recommended it earlier in the thread, although that may have just been another thread by an.... Ignorant person.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:05 PM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:

The history of TECHNO?
deezlee 3:28 PM - 11 October, 2015
Yup that's in there
blackavenger 7:34 PM - 11 October, 2015
If reading is not quite your thing, you could always watch this too....

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:49 PM - 11 October, 2015
Quote:
Yup that's in there

Now, I've got the book, and I don't remember a "History" of "Techno" so to speak, but I will review it again, cuz that (to me) sounds a little embellished....but hey you could be right...

Stay tuned...
Laz219 1:48 AM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
so remember that song "mad world" that Hardwell made, that you all were saying it was sampled... what was it sampled from??
edmchicago.com
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:37 PM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
no wonder why it sounds so good!

So to sound good, use as little creative talent as possible?
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:38 PM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
i know he is lazy!

correction
The Despicable Nyan Cat 4:26 PM - 15 October, 2015
So how's it going with your boy Flacidwell?
DJ KidX 12:22 AM - 16 October, 2015
doing more than great!!! hes doing a live performance for apple store in amsterdam.. also just released his 2nd documentary movie trailer!! so over all nothing good for you guys!! but good for me!!
DJ KidX 12:23 AM - 16 October, 2015
im TOTALLY buying his 2nd movie when it comes out!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 12:54 AM - 16 October, 2015
Welp, looks like he's gone.
DJ KidX 1:44 AM - 16 October, 2015
Hes still releasing a bunch of new tracks for his record label and still making music.. so im not worried! He performs here in california in november so! excited about that!! a question i have! would u consider Tiesto being a good house or trance DJ! like back in 04 or 01?
The Despicable Nyan Cat 2:50 AM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
would u consider Tiesto

NO
The Despicable Nyan Cat 2:51 AM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
Welp, looks like he's gone.

Or not lol
d:raf 6:12 AM - 16 October, 2015
Ya'll act like using multiple people using a melody from a sample pack is something new and taboo.

www.whosampled.com

'95 was a good year...
d:raf 6:13 AM - 16 October, 2015
dammit... that first "using" shouldn't be in there.
blackavenger 1:32 PM - 16 October, 2015
Quote:
dammit... that first "using" shouldn't be in there.

Nothing wrong with sampling...even using Sample Packs. it's the bedrock of Hip-Hop and Dance Music. However, using a sample (untouched) from a sample pack is kinda' weak. At least throw that 'ish into ReCycle and alter it in "some" way.
DJ KidX 7:06 PM - 16 October, 2015
ok I get that he sampled the song.. like the melody part of it! but over all the so called "drop" of the song was all his work! Everything else was sampled! that's what I noticed from the song and the pack is that he just used the melody and not like, the whole thing! the vocals and the song are still well made, I give him props. I mean... Its Hardwell!!!!
DJ KidX 11:03 PM - 16 October, 2015
whose worse? Hardwell........ or... Dimitri Vegas & like mike? like im not saying either are bad.. like i like hardwell.. but im asking from how you all would ask! now i really hate DJ Mag!! its so stupid! like.. dimitri vegas & like mike dont even drop that many tracks.. hardwell is like... releasing tracks left and right and knows how to put on a show like.. he has more talent, then the two guys that form Dimitri vegas and like mike.... so now i REALLY like think DJ Mag is stupid as crap cuz! in the end.. who even is on top.. is still a producer and still gets gigs and all that! so really, position in the world of music shouldnt even exist! like.. after watching the position and finding out that Hardwell isnt #1 and got replaced by 2 guys who dont ever release enough tracks!
Laz219 11:12 PM - 16 October, 2015
So you were defending the rankings earlier.
Now your boyfriend isn't on top and it's all crap?
DJ KidX 2:46 AM - 17 October, 2015
yeah!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 12:15 PM - 17 October, 2015
Not much of a "drop"....
blackavenger 12:50 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
whose worse? Hardwell........ or... Dimitri Vegas & like mike? like im not saying either are bad.. like i like hardwell.. but im asking from how you all would ask! now i really hate DJ Mag!! its so stupid! like.. dimitri vegas & like mike dont even drop that many tracks.. hardwell is like... releasing tracks left and right and knows how to put on a show like.. he has more talent, then the two guys that form Dimitri vegas and like mike.... so now i REALLY like think DJ Mag is stupid as crap cuz! in the end.. who even is on top.. is still a producer and still gets gigs and all that! so really, position in the world of music shouldnt even exist! like.. after watching the position and finding out that Hardwell isnt #1 and got replaced by 2 guys who dont ever release enough tracks!

1. This is a "DJ" ranking. Whether they put out tracks or not is irrelevant.
2. DJ Mag is not stupid....it's been around longer than you have been alive.
3. Ranking DJs in general is stupid....unless you're talking about turntablists (that is a measurable talent). Dance Music DJ rankings, however, are all subjective and frankly, more of a popularity contest than anything else. There are kats out there that would blow any of these guys away, and you'll likely never hear of them. I know more than a few amazing DJs that have no desire to play out anymore. Yet, they continue to grind it out (at home) with passion on a daily basis.
Just for the love of the music.

Your boy is a fly by night. Do you really expect to see him hosting events when he's in his 50's? Listen, bro, I know it's incomprehensible to you, but EDM is a fad and one day, probably sooner rather than later, all of it's "stars" are going to fade into oblivion.

Do yourself a favor. Get educated on Dance Music's origins. Delve a little deeper into the genres, and find music that you like that isn't played on the radio. If you want to be into this culture for life, as you stated previously, then it is advisable that you start branching out. Otherwise, just like the genre (EDM) itself, your current love of the music is also going to fade away. You'll be listening to Radio Pop before you know it.
DJ KidX 3:25 PM - 17 October, 2015
i was actually told this yesterday by one of my friends who does music production! i agree i do need to branch out and research more into other genres!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 4:10 PM - 17 October, 2015
Alright! Try Drum and Bass!
blackavenger 5:15 PM - 17 October, 2015
Quote:
Alright! Try Drum and Bass!

Haha.

Quote:
i agree i do need to branch out and research more into other genres!

I'd say look into Bass/Jackin' House....they are quite popular among the kiddies these days. Follow that up w' Techno. Then look into DnB, UKGarage, and Juke.

I would suggest you check out Deep House, but given the examples of tunes/DJs you have linked in this thread, I think you would consider it boring.
DJ KidX 6:54 PM - 17 October, 2015
im always up to try new things!
DJ KidX 6:58 PM - 17 October, 2015
UK garage! i kinda found it a bit.. umm.. interesting! i kinda like DnB! Juke.. i couldnt find! what are some deep house artists? i think i know "oliver heldens" is that what u mean by deep house
DJ KidX 7:02 PM - 17 October, 2015
sander van doorm? jauz?
DJ KidX 8:08 PM - 17 October, 2015
what bout listening to like... old Hardstyle music!
alsoWatchwww.youtube.com

what would this song be considered? it says Disco but i mean... the disco that i know is like "funky town" and like all those old songs! so like what would this song be considered?
blackavenger 8:16 PM - 17 October, 2015
Hey, if you want your journey in Dance Music to be one coming from the past by all means...
DJ KidX 6:58 AM - 18 October, 2015
lol i like some old, like some stuff from the past! The music IM interested in, is a song that has a fast tempo, like im saying with either a BPM or 128, 130, 140, or like anywhere around there. the song has to have a catchy melody, if theres no melody, then it has to have a kick drum or a really nice bass sound to it.. and its gotta be something i can play at clubs or parties and people are getting crazy because of the the beat and bass!! like.. EDM.. EDM has all that.. its all melodic and bass and percussion and high energy beats. Dubstep has great bass and beats... i especially love the kick drum! so if a song is lacking bass, tempo, and a great melody (thats gonna get stuck in my head) then.. yeah imma find it very boring!
blackavenger 11:22 AM - 18 October, 2015
Best of luck to you, brother.
DJ KidX 3:27 PM - 18 October, 2015
Thanks!
DJ KidX 1:13 AM - 20 October, 2015
The Despicable Nyan Cat 10:46 PM - 20 October, 2015

Vocals need a speed garage remix
DJ KidX 11:17 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:

but over all??
DJ KidX 11:18 PM - 20 October, 2015
just take a wild guess on how i found this song! just guess!!! like.. one guess!
nathans1 11:27 PM - 20 October, 2015
Quote:
just take a wild guess on how i found this song! just guess!!! like.. one guess!

You took a shit and the cd fell out of your asshole. Its a wild guess but am I right???
DJ KidX 11:35 PM - 20 October, 2015
lol that was actually really funny!! but no.. i found it from one of Hardwells live performances.. and did a really nice mash up with 3 or 4 other songs!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:13 AM - 21 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

but over all??

The original is crap. ୧⸟ ͜ʖ⸟୨
d:raf 3:57 AM - 21 October, 2015
Too much major key.

I blame Basement Jaxx.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ KidX 4:08 AM - 21 October, 2015
i like the melody! catchy melody! and 2.. the song was taken off all itunes and spotify, so all ways in downloading it so i can see why no one has made a remix to it!
DJMark 9:43 PM - 22 October, 2015
Quote:
i like the melody! catchy melody! and 2.. the song was taken off all itunes and spotify, so all ways in downloading it so i can see why no one has made a remix to it!

Or maybe it's just that it's plain boring.
DJ KidX 11:10 PM - 22 October, 2015
or maybe thats your opinion!
DJ KidX 11:49 PM - 22 October, 2015
junglevibez.net
use this to get music... i dont if this is a pirating website but HEY!! i got like 4 free songs! i just looked them up and downloaded it! and no BS! like seriously!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 12:02 AM - 23 October, 2015
bruh I have no idea.
The Despicable Nyan Cat 12:03 AM - 23 October, 2015
im gonna create a fake email for that site....
DJ KidX 12:18 AM - 23 October, 2015
so yours saying your not gonna try it? i just did it right now.. i just got 4 songs! but i guess!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 12:20 AM - 23 October, 2015
Better safe then sorry, ay JFK?
DJ KidX 12:21 AM - 23 October, 2015
i guess! what?
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:09 AM - 23 October, 2015
You had one damn job, convertible roof smh
d:raf 1:13 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
im gonna create a fake email for that site....

I quit once it got to asking me for my billing info.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ KidX 1:17 AM - 23 October, 2015
skrillex actually sounds good when he does deep house!!! here, check this! Watchwww.youtube.com
Owl G 1:39 AM - 23 October, 2015
I have an idea KidX.

Start a Hardwell thread.
DJ KidX 1:47 AM - 23 October, 2015
you like my hardwell threads hahaha!!!!! i got you!
nathans1 1:51 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
you like my hardwell threads hahaha!!!!! i got you!

Yeah...I think he is trying to tell you to go away...Politely.
DJ KidX 1:53 AM - 23 October, 2015
So hes coming out with a second movie! he has one that was like, how he became the #1 DJ like, it showed EVERY gig he ever went to like... Sensation, EDC, Most clubs in Las Vegas! so ive been watching the trailer for the first and i think its gonna be really good.. its called "living the dream"... and two... i still think he deserves that #1 spot this year. i mean.. yes, i think DJ Mag should have there Numbering be all about how that DJ or Producer put the work in and worked really hard the whole year.. again.. hardwell has released SOOOO many tracks and albums this year.. he was a hit at tomorrowland... his sets this year were out of this world! this DV & LM group arent even that good and 2, they didnt release that much at all this year so. why give them 1st place... the DJ Mag is all screwed up!
DJ KidX 1:54 AM - 23 October, 2015
aw he's to nice :D bro!!! why did you just say that in the first place, i mean like, i thought we was cool and all!!!!!
DJ KidX 1:58 AM - 23 October, 2015
oh this is gonna be fun!!!
DJ KidX 1:59 AM - 23 October, 2015
while u all try'n to reply, imma set some cue points!!
Owl G 2:01 AM - 23 October, 2015
Sorry, I must not have been clear.

KidX, this thread is about "What makes YOU a good DJ", not about Hardwell.

Go to the DJing Discussion forum and start a NEW thread (separate from this one) and name it "HARDWELL IS THE BEST" or anything you want.

This would mean all the biggest Hardwell fans on the site will gather at your page, which you can be the leader of. Sounds awesome yeah?
nathans1 2:02 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
oh this is gonna be fun!!!

What kind of beer do you drink?
DJ KidX 2:05 AM - 23 October, 2015
well... i dont really drink.. but when i do.. i choose budweriser.. im not a expert on beers... cause mostly i like to drink wine! yeah i know, wtf right? i mean ive had sake and all but like.. im not a huge drinker.. u gotta rememeber im still 17..
DJ KidX 2:05 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
Sorry, I must not have been clear.

KidX, this thread is about "What makes YOU a good DJ", not about Hardwell.

Go to the DJing Discussion forum and start a NEW thread (separate from this one) and name it "HARDWELL IS THE BEST" or anything you want.

This would mean all the biggest Hardwell fans on the site will gather at your page, which you can be the leader of. Sounds awesome yeah?

bro imma do that!! thanks for the advice!!!
Owl G 2:06 AM - 23 October, 2015
No problem man. You the real Hardwell MVP, you deserve a thread of your own.
nathans1 2:48 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:

I second that!!!
nathans1 2:59 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I second that!!!

Although this thread was a joke from the get go!
Owl G 3:04 AM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I second that!!!

Although this thread was a joke from the get go!

nathans1 please...we finally made some progress here...
The Despicable Nyan Cat 1:27 PM - 23 October, 2015
Quote:
skrillex actually sounds good when he does deep house!!! here, check this! Watchwww.youtube.com

BRUH CHECK YO SELF

that's future garage.
Arvind123 9:55 AM - 15 November, 2018
I am played this game always because i love to play the series game and always i have seen the upgraded version from mahjongfreegames.online here through this i know very well about the junction that can be easily to played the upcoming series.