Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

sync engine chooses the wrong bpm between hip hop and dance

Deejae Smooth 3:27 PM - 3 June, 2013
Here's the scenario.

I'm jamming along at 130 bpm, hit after hit. I decide it's time to change it up so I select a kick ass hip hop track at say 95 bpm. I turn the sync off on the deck with the hip hop track, change the tempo range up 50 % and slide the tempo control to manually match the current tempo of 130.

When I turn the sync back on, your software overrides what I'm trying to do and selects a tempo of 65 on the deck with the hip hop track instead of actually syncing at 130. This doesn't work and sounds like complete a$$. I end of having to take the sync back off, manually match up the tempos and I'm good. Only problem is I can't slow down both decks from 130 to 95 while I'm mixing in because the sync is only on for the deck that was at 130.

It seems like there is a cut off where the sync will work correctly versus where the software decides to half tempo it (130 on one deck and 65 on the other).

This is a paid in the a$$ and needs to be fixed.
DJGongshow 3:38 PM - 25 April, 2015
Is there a way to work around this yet?
Deejae Smooth 8:04 PM - 13 June, 2015
Scenario:

130 bpm track on deck 1 vs 95 bpm track on deck 2

30 bpm difference - if it cuts your 130 bpm track to half it's tempo at 65
35 bpm difference - if it does it correctly and leaves it at 130.

It'll take the 30 route and f**k up your mix by changing the tempo of that 130 track to 65 because that's a smaller differential.

Obviously the correct manner would be for the software to do what the @#$@ we tell it. If I wanna sync 150 bpm with 95 then dammit, sync 150 with 95, regardless of what it sounds like. ;)

Just my $0.02.
ninjagaijin 4:50 AM - 14 June, 2015
Lol quick fix, don't use sync nubs :)

had this all the time when first playing around with traktor pro internal v2 10-15 years ago
Deejae Smooth 11:19 PM - 15 June, 2015
certain tricks are easier if you can use sync, but only if it will actually work the way it's supposed too
DJGongshow 1:25 PM - 16 June, 2015
Agreed that everyone should be able to beatmatch by ear or visually, but sync is for more than just that... it lets you rapidly speed up or slow down with fx applied for great transitions between widely varying BPM.

Also, open format DJ's can painstakingly grid older hand-drummed tracks so they mix as fluidly as current ones.

IMO, sync is a good thing when used responsibly. But it would be beneficial to have the track just play at the indicated BPM instead of halving suddenly when you press play