DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer XDJ-R1 - will it have Serato Support??

XCAKID 3:28 PM - 30 May, 2013
Anyone know if this will have Serato DJ or DJ intro support??

youtu.be
haze324 3:56 PM - 30 May, 2013
or will the jogs be mappable to SSL?
XCAKID 4:53 PM - 30 May, 2013
Quote:
or will the jogs be mappable to SSL?

Well its MIDI and it has an input for deck a and b.

If you can do it for the Denon DN-MC6000, I think there is a chance.....
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:00 PM - 30 May, 2013
Not really sold on this yet, other then having wireless capabilities (I'd be spinning video so I need my laptop regardless ) I don't really see anything the Mixdeck Quad can't do....... Maybe I'm missing something here??
XCAKID 5:02 PM - 30 May, 2013
I was actually looking at the mixdeck quad myself. I just don't need four decks.
XCAKID 5:03 PM - 30 May, 2013
Also I am skeptical of Numark products made after 2000-01
XCAKID 5:21 PM - 30 May, 2013
I will admit though that Numark did do a good job with the NS7 and NS6.
haze324 7:50 PM - 30 May, 2013
Quote:
I will admit though that Numark did do a good job with the NS7 and NS6.

Yeah aside from these two.....not so sure about the others.

Also Pio effects, color effects, etc.
DJ Six One 9:30 PM - 31 May, 2013
I wanted this for small grad parties but with VDJ LE i think i'll pass unless they put out a upgrade to serato dj or something.
phatbob 9:47 PM - 31 May, 2013
Quote:
I wanted this for small grad parties but with VDJ LE i think i'll pass unless they put out a upgrade to serato dj or something.

Unless you actually want to use other media (USB/CDs) too, there are better controllers for SDJ on the market already.

The R1 is the same size as the SX (but will be heavier), has worse jog wheels and isn't laid out specifically with SDJ in mind.
DJ Six One 9:51 PM - 31 May, 2013
Yea I kno it just fit my simply functions of need a controller with a CD player that is decent enough to mix on. I only need it for graduation parties weddings and stuff like that I don't want pull the techs out for events that dnt call for me to go hard mixing and scratching.
phatbob 10:00 PM - 31 May, 2013
If you want a controller for Serato DJ with CD players in, the Numark Mixdeck might be worth a look then,
DJ Six One 10:04 PM - 31 May, 2013
I'll look again it just didn't impress me. Only numark I liked was the NS7 when I had it.
XCAKID 1:13 PM - 3 June, 2013
So anyone with Serato have any word whether this pc of gear will have Serato Intro or Serato DJ support?? Anyone....anyone....Bueller....anyone??
DJ Six One 1:16 PM - 3 June, 2013
It should eventually (I hope) but serato tales its sweet time supporting all the most important controllers.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:38 PM - 3 June, 2013
I'm gonna say it won't be. You could always use a Rane box with it I'm sure but as for SDJ support I'm saying it won't be a controller.
XCAKID 2:15 PM - 3 June, 2013
Quote:
I'm gonna say it won't be. You could always use a Rane box with it I'm sure but as for SDJ support I'm saying it won't be a controller.

What information would you base this on?
Honestly, I thought the same with Mixtrack Pro. Yet it was supported eventually when Serato Intro came out.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:17 PM - 3 June, 2013
No information here just making assumption s. Other then what I said before it'd be cutting away from SX sales and let's be real here, it's always about the money........
XCAKID 3:29 PM - 3 June, 2013
Quote:
it's always about the money........

haha, yep, there is always that.
pdidy 11:11 PM - 3 June, 2013
Quote:
It should eventually (I hope) but serato tales its sweet time supporting all the most important controllers.

Apparently a few of you guys have no idea how this business works.....smh.
DJ Six One 11:13 PM - 3 June, 2013
No I understand the business. But like I said "I hope"
Jobushwick 2:13 PM - 12 June, 2013
It has Virtual DJ LE support but I wish this had Serato DJ support.
If it did I would buy it. It would have so many options!
It's Midi enabled so I cannot see why this would not occur?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:57 PM - 12 June, 2013
DDJ-SX........perhaps
XCAKID 3:13 AM - 28 June, 2013
Well looks like they started shipping these puppies out today. I'm waiting for actual user reviews of this gear.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:06 AM - 29 June, 2013
I got mine today

serato.com
XCAKID 12:25 AM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
I got mine today

serato.com

Have you tried timecode with Scratch Live yet using CDs? If so, how does it work??
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:38 AM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I got mine today

serato.com

Have you tried timecode with Scratch Live yet using CDs? If so, how does it work??

This does not have line output like a standard CDJ so you cant use a cd time code.
I know it can do midi but I'm not savvy enough to try that ;)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:54 AM - 1 July, 2013
No output?? Dam even the Mixdeck has those........ That could be the deal breaker for me.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:55 AM - 1 July, 2013
line output*
XCAKID 2:24 PM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I got mine today

serato.com

This does not have line output like a standard CDJ so you cant use a cd time code.
I know it can do midi but I'm not savvy enough to try that ;)

Its fairly easy.

Via MIDI, you don't need an RCA out. You can do it like the MC6000 or the CDJ 900/Denon DNS3700 when running in HID/Hybrid mode.

USB into your laptop from the XDJ R1
USB SL box into your laptop
output from the SL box to the mixer input on the XDJ R1

You would need to run internal mode and map every single function. That can be time consuming.
DJ Remy USA 2:52 PM - 1 July, 2013
You guys are realling liking this? I dont see the puporse of controlling your mix remotely arent we already lazy enough. Pretty soon the promoter is just gonna sit in VIP with a IPAD app for people just to come up and pick songs they like stuff like this shows that the need for a guy in the DJ is pretty much going away.

Hell pretty soon places wont even have a DJ booth. There will be a controller in the back room hooked to the main sound with a huge touch screen for patrons to come up and pick songs. Its going to be a like a juke box on crack.
phatbob 4:12 PM - 1 July, 2013
Quote:
Hell pretty soon places wont even have a DJ booth. There will be a controller in the back room hooked to the main sound with a huge touch screen for patrons to come up and pick songs. Its going to be a like a juke box on crack.

Jukeboxes have been around since the birth of recorded music... DJing still got invented.
Jotaabdo 2:36 AM - 15 July, 2013
Still no one here has tried XDJ-r1 with Serato DJ or Serato Intro?
phatbob 3:10 AM - 15 July, 2013
Quote:
Still no one here has tried XDJ-r1 with Serato DJ or Serato Intro?

It isn't compatible with either of those programs, so no.
RajUMusic 1:05 PM - 14 October, 2013
Just tried it out on scratch live..... No, it doesn't work.
Y???? I don't know
DJ C HOW 2:29 AM - 23 November, 2013
Anyone know if there's plan for a Pioneer XDJ-R1 mapping for Serato?
eman STATEMENT 1:23 AM - 7 February, 2014
the xdj r1 just got traktor next up is serato dj please!!!!!!
pdidy 3:41 AM - 7 February, 2014
I BET NONE of you were smart enough to ASK the company that is in charge of making this decision ?

Guess what ? Its NOT serato......

Its PIONEER......smh

Freakin amateur......
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:48 AM - 7 February, 2014
And again.....

Quote:
pdidy 3:56 AM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
And again.....

Quote:

I agree with you but I would like to assist in sending all request in the right direction.
XCAKID 6:46 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
I BET NONE of you were smart enough to ASK the company that is in charge of making this decision ?

Guess what ? Its NOT serato......

Its PIONEER......smh

Freakin amateur......

Unfortunately, I can't find the thread I responded in the Pioneer forum, but it was asked there. No one from Pioneer ever responded.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 10:37 PM - 7 February, 2014
XDJR1 is the only unit in my collection that is not running SeratoDJ. Blasphemy!

well... except for the DJM909. Still deciding if should implant an SL3.
steve bray 9:12 AM - 20 February, 2014
Has anyone actually used the SL3/SL4 box with the R1?
http://sera.to/~id:2425533 7:28 PM - 23 March, 2014
pls folks i got myself PIONEER XDJ-R1 but can't work with the software given so i want know if it will work with any of serato producsts pls i need help.
Filipe Gonçalves 11:06 AM - 25 June, 2014
Hi there, i just finished mapping my SSL with a XDJ-R1, it's not very comfortable to use, like scrolling on crates, i can just use one button on deck 1 to do that, is there any software to edit midi settings? Best regards
Georgee1 1:00 AM - 26 July, 2014
Soo support anytime soon serato? Getting over virtual dj. anyone ? anyoneeeeee ?
http://sera.to/~id:2425533 2:45 PM - 27 August, 2014
mapping xdj-r1 consume to much time too much is there any way to shorten it
Georgee1 12:27 AM - 28 August, 2014
serato can quit the act and support this.controller already please
dj_soo 3:36 AM - 28 August, 2014
Quote:
serato can quit the act and support this.controller already please

again - it's pioneer's decision. Not serato's.
Georgee1 4:26 AM - 29 August, 2014
Oohhh welll then mybad serato... any news on pioneer
Georgee1 1:57 AM - 22 September, 2014
I'm on the edge yoo lol.. I'm about to buy a mixtrack pro . I'm tired of vdj . . any updates anyone
dj_soo 11:57 AM - 23 September, 2014
i doubt you'll see it anytime soon - would take away too much sales from both their midrange CDJs and their mid-range controllers.
Georgee1 6:31 PM - 23 September, 2014
Yea your probably right.. shit well looks like I'm getting a mixtrack